Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Vision Des Flos would be interesting in the Coral Cup. Was near the fav in the 2019 running and was off top weight, albeit well beaten in the race. A mid 140s OR currently, hes certainly a good 8lbs in the locker there on his best form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Back a tizzard horse at your phucking peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Slattsy wrote: »
    I've gone through the Supreme and i cannot see a horse that beats Appreciate It. Like so many of Mullins' he'll wind it up early, grind it out from the front and outstay everything.

I'd be having a bit on Elliots Ballyadam @ 7-1 myself.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    No, I am not, it is basic maths.

If a bookie takes only odds on bets....

And it loses 2 out of 3 of them...

It goes broke.

It has to win 2 out of every 3 odds on bets it lays.
    Wow!
    And what bookie do you know that only takes odds on bets ?

Any idea when the weights are released

• Advertisement

Labaik wrote: »

Usually around Feb 26th/27th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

23rd for entries and March 2nd for weights

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

akelly02 wrote: »
    Back a tizzard horse at your phucking peril.

I have to agree with this for the time being.

However their prices are enticing. The whole market knows that they are having an iffy year and it can pay to take a leap of faith with better ones.

I would also expect to see some improvement in ones that have shown up under form.

Native River won last weekend at 13/2. Punters have had their fingers burnt too many times by them this year, they are fed up. But I might well have an odd fiver at Cheltenham with whatever turns up?

im 15 and a bit stone, i might sneak in to the grand annual off top weight

I have to agree with this for the time being.

However their prices are enticing. The whole market knows that they are having an iffy year and it can pay to take a leap of faith with better ones.

I would also expect to see some improvement in ones that have shown up under form.

Native River won last weekend at 13/2. Punters have had their fingers burnt too many times by them this year, they are fed up. But I might well have an odd fiver at Cheltenham with whatever turns up?

the only 2 i can consider are native river and the big breakaway this weekend .

• Advertisement

the only 2 i can consider are native river and the big breakaway this weekend .

Native River will make the Gold Cup interesting, as will Frodon. They will take themselves on up front. That might not play into Al Boum Photo's race, the last 2 Gold cups were slow with sprint finishes.

In saying that 11 year olds have a terrible Gold Cup record, so whilst I think Native River will be placed I would be looking for a phat price, I just get the feeling something will nab him late on, if he can catch up with Frodon.

The race is going to fall into somethings hands.

Native River will make the Gold Cup interesting, as will Frodon. They will take themselves on up front. That might not play into Al Boum Photo's race, the last 2 Gold cups were slow with sprint finishes.

In saying that 11 year olds have a terrible Gold Cup record, so whilst I think Native River will be placed I would be looking for a phat price, I just get the feeling something will nab him late on, if he can catch up with Frodon.

The race is going to fall into somethings hands.

royal pagaille

royal pagaille

Maybe.. but I still think Al Boum is the one to beat in fairness. You don't fluke 2 Gold Cups all said.

I doubt I am having a bet in the race tbh. Maybe an ew on Burrows Saint, given the heavy pace it could pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Maybe.. but I still think Al Boum is the one to beat in fairness. You don't fluke 2 Gold Cups all said.

I doubt I am having a bet in the race tbh. Maybe an ew on Burrows Saint, given the heavy pace it could pick up the pieces.

An Irish national winner. Fancy him for aintree

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    An Irish national winner. Fancy him for aintree

Oh so do I, but he has an entry. unless they are deliberately considering the Gold Cup as a prep run, Hedgehunter style. He will probably be run for prizemoney.

But it is not outside of the realms of possibility that if they do go full pelt out in front and he manages to keep up it could fall into his hands... or any decent slugger.

I usually go through a poster for saying this, but I am saying it now... it does not look to be the strongest of Gold Cups? There are only a handful of Grade 1 winners in it this year. I only counted 6 entries with a grade 1 win over 3 miles?

If Kemboy and Battleoverdoyen don't turn up there might only be 4 horses in the race with a G1 over 3 miles?

I usually go through a poster for saying this, but I am saying it now...

You're some hard man all the same..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

The way the other potential GC horses have run would make Al Boum Photo more of a favourite this year I think. Pity really, not many horses going into the race with strong form.

Minella Indo was the hope as competition before the DRF. Thought Lost in Translation would be a GC winner a couple of years ago but no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Patrick Mullins on one of the Bookmakers podcasts last night saying shes fit and well :pac:

Bet 365 suspended all cash outs on her as well 3 days ago but left her in the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gillamandango

Just about to post this. He hummed and hummed, she's as fit as WPM can get her at this stage is what he said I think. Put people away with a caveat..Bad form none the less..
    Patrick Mullins on one of the Bookmakers podcasts last night saying shes fit and well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Bet 365 suspended all cash outs on her as well 3 days ago but left her in the market.

Anyone who isn't deaf and blind who backed her in the last 3 weeks I've no sympathy for tbh

Anyone who isn't deaf and blind who backed her in the last 3 weeks I've no sympathy for tbh

Thats fair enough, but when the bookies are crying there eyes out to the media about the punter pulling off a bit of a gamble with the media highlighting it as if its a bad thing surely this carry on by the bookies and patrick mullins should get a bit of media coverage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Looks like Benie might be out now alright, with DDC going back hurdling. PTKO's connections have been silent since DRF. QM was certainly the plan but getting stuffed so comprehensively must surely make them rethink. I can accept Elimay is a fair price at 3s alright, through sheer lack of opposition if nothing else. I'd definitely factor in that mares hurdle run but it may just have been a young horse overwhelmed by the occasion.

Put The Kettle On
    Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase

We are leaning towards the Champion Chase with her. Arkle winners have a fantastic record in the race and we know how much she loves Cheltenham. She has improved a huge amount since she has come back to two miles and she has a great record around Cheltenham, she is unbeaten round there, so I would say we are leaning towards that. Obviously the Mares' Chase is an option, but that race is over two and a half miles. It's something we are in discussion over, but I think we are leaning towards the Champion Chase. I would never have thought a big open track like Leopardstown would have suited her and she seems to just love it at Cheltenham so hopefully we can see the best of her next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Great news for Elimay backers!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 naraicjul

I have a massive bet on Conceritsta (a multiple of all my other AP bets combined). So this is not my pocket talking - the absolute opposite!

I watched the podcast live the other evening.

It would, obviously, have massively suited me if I had heard something regarding BdD's lack of fitness. I got no such comfort and Mullins was asked the question at least 3 different ways. Any more probing would have been impossible given the buddy/buddy nature of this podcast/Patrick's position with the RP, etc.

It is disappointing as I know Patrick and like him. Still, let's call it for what it is...........what we had on Monday evening was an apple falling very close to the tree that he likes to poke fun at!

But surely we know that Mullins or anyone close to a stable aren't going to break news like this on a podcast/bookies event. Its disappointing but its the way it is.

You learn more from cheltenham preview nights by noticing the horses that connections don't mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Saw that alright Morgans. 3s is looking a nice price for you now with those 3 near confirmed as out. The one i'd back at this stage would be that 14s Shattered Love if I could get near it. 12s still reasonable

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Saw that alright Morgans. 3s is looking a nice price for you now with those 3 near confirmed as out. The one i'd back at this stage would be that 14s Shattered Love if I could get near it. 12s still reasonable

Have bigger than 3s but felt that there was still juice in the price at the time. Its a bit disappointing that horses cant have multiple entries as a Mares hurdle/Chase would be doable. I have been burned with Shattered Love in the past and not convinced that she is back. She might not have a lot to beat to get a place - and after that, never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 naraicjul

Agree in relation to Mullins senior - disappointed that the Prince is using the King's template.

I think that he could have been a less evasive and gave a more meaningful answer.

Advertisement