Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I was on the PP specials page just there, I like to browse through it for a laugh sometimes.

Zanahiyr 3/1 for Triumph, max bet 56 quid. Just try to pump a grand into the bet slip.

Then a 10/1 Honeysuckle CH and Kilcruit Bumper double @ 10/1 ... 22.13 quid

The funniest was a Paisley Park / Zanahiyr double 18 / 1 ... 31.38.

I would advise anyone with nice AP docks for the above to contemplate cashing out ASAP. The Zanahiyr 3/1 was worrying to see.

Countdown to Cheletenham with Ruby and Frank... do those chunts think I was born yesterday? Here is Ruby letting punters know what he thinks of them a few years back... now he wants to give me tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »

I would advise anyone with nice AP docks for the above to contemplate cashing out ASAP. The Zanahiyr 3/1 was worrying to see.

Why :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I would advise anyone who likes backing winners to back every horse in every race, that way you can always say you backed the winner no matter what. An added bonus is that you can post a legitimate winning bet slip on twitter along with the money bags emoji to really show how you have the game by the bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Coneygree wrote: »
    Probably just the online zoom calls, much like most podcasts are running atm.

However there will definitely be a few sneaky ****ers who will charge admission to the zoom call just so you can ask a question and maybe get a few free bets or get the price enhancements.

Not Covid nor geography can stop you looking fwd to the 2021 #CheltenhamFestival from the comfort of your sofa! The brilliant @DanBarberTF of Timeform/RTV plus other panel member(s) to be announced. Thurs March 11th @ 7.30.
    €12.50/ticket. DM me to reserve a place. #racing #Zoom

Saucy enough to charge for them.

Sporting Life preview is on 9th March. It's free but you need to book in advance.

DuffleBag wrote: »
    Not Covid nor geography can stop you looking fwd to the 2021 #CheltenhamFestival from the comfort of your sofa! The brilliant @DanBarberTF of Timeform/RTV plus other panel member(s) to be announced. Thurs March 11th @ 7.30.
    €12.50/ticket. DM me to reserve a place. #racing #Zoom

Saucy enough to charge for them.

Sporting Life preview is on 9th March. It's free but you need to book in advance.

There ya go, colour me surprised.

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Why :confused:

Only 4 winning favourites in the Triumph in the last 15 years. Of the other 11 SP favs, only 3 were even placed. The Triumph is a graveyard for favourites.

Last years winner hadn't even won a race at this stage of her year. She won the Norman Colfer Trial at Fairyhouse.

Pentland Hills hadn't run yet either, his prep was at Plumpton.

Farclas was a maiden

Tiger Roll was a maiden albeit placed in a G1 at Leopardstown 5 weeks previous.

Anyone thinking that Zanahiyr is a certainty is in for a shock. It can win all it likes at 5/2 or 3/1 but the stats say it hasn't a hope.

Paddy Power know that too, hence the specials and doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Only 4 winning favourites in the Triumph in the last 15 years. Of the other 11 SP favs, only 3 were even placed. The Triumph is a graveyard for favourites.

Last years winner hadn't even won a race at this stage of her year. She won the Norman Colfer Trial at Fairyhouse.

Pentland Hills hadn't run yet either, his prep was at Plumpton.

Farclas was a maiden

Tiger Roll was a maiden albeit placed in a G1 at Leopardstown 5 weeks previous.

Anyone thinking that Zanahiyr is a certainty is in for a shock. It can win all it likes at 5/2 or 3/1 but the stats say it hasn't a hope.

Paddy Power know that too, hence the specials and doubles.

Tiger wasn’t a maiden, won on his first & only start for Nigel Hawke at Market Rasen

EICVD wrote: »
    Tiger wasn’t a maiden, won on his first & only start at a massive price on his only run for Nigel Hawke

Fair enough , my bad and thanks for pointing that out.

If Paddy Power are so wise and they 'know' it won't win then why in the name of god are the limiting the specials, surely they would want all our money? And outside the specials why aren't they best price, shur fcuk it lay it at 5/1 altogether if it has no chance!

I love your random 'stats'; as you call them as well :D I could just as easily say that in the last 6 years favourites in the Triumph have a 50% strike rate - would be 67% but for a freak fall- and that based on that logic anything better that evens is stealing money.

Of course that's not how racing, betting and probability work but it would make as much sense as your reasoning.

If Paddy Power are so wise and they 'know' it won't win then why in the name of god are the limiting the specials, surely they would want all our money? And outside the specials why aren't they best price, shur fcuk it lay it at 5/1 altogether if it has no chance!

I love your random 'stats'; as you call them as well :D I could just as easily say that in the last 6 years favourites in the Triumph have a 50% strike rate - would be 67% but for a freak fall- and that based on that logic anything better that evens is stealing money.

Of course that's not how racing, betting and probability work but it would make as much sense as your reasoning.

I know you like to argue.

I am too tired to be honest.

The stats are there. The reality is that only 1 in 3 Triumph hurdle favs in the last 15 years have not even been placed.

If you are foolish enough to assume that the brokers at Paddy Power don't have connections in all the top stables then good luck to you.

• Advertisement

I know you like to argue.

I am too tired to be honest.

The stats are there. The reality is that only 1 in 3 Triumph hurdle favs in the last 15 years have not even been placed.

If you are foolish enough to assume that the brokers at Paddy Power don't have connections in all the top stables then good luck to you.

I don't like to argue, I like to reply to silly posts, but you do seem to make a lot of them!

Have a nap maybe, all your googling 'Triumph Hurdle favourites' must have been taxing!

I have read your third point three times, still not sure what you are trying to say, maybe after your nap you can try again?

Yes, Paddy Power has access to Gordon Elliots yard, they know that he has been having us all away and Zahynir is actually a mule that simply cant win, but just in case, the company which is worth over €8 billion will limit IAMAMORON to 56 quid at 3/1 :D:D

Everyday I think you cant possibly make me laugh anymore than you did the previous day, but you deliver every single day, you are a credit to your profession young man!!

..............................................................................................

Flaming
    Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted. Attack the post, not the poster. Minor infringements will warrant a warning followed by a ban. Serious infringements and/or intentional flaming will receive an automatic ban.

Pogue eile
    If you want to stay around please change your attitude.
    It would be helpful if you read the Forum Charter and followed it when posting.
    Every one of your five sentences in the above post is flaming. Stop.
    This is a warning, and I am posting it so all can read it.
    Cheltenham is exciting, but please behave on the forum.
    The Tetrarch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

So... Percy NR
    Samcro NR
    Rachael surely going to ride APT
    Are we thinking Davy on Minella Indo?
    Might suit each other........
    Might be a chance..... Just a chance....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

So... Percy NR
    Samcro NR
    Rachael surely going to ride APT
    Are we thinking Davy on Minella Indo?
    Might suit each other........
    Might be a chance..... Just a chance....

rog

i actually feel sorry for you sometimes, its the hope that kills ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

people who are fancying Kemboy are the same who fell into the trap and backed Silviniaco Conti every year at HQ

del roy wrote: »
    WILL THERE BE RULE 4s or is it non runner no bet

thanks for the heads up

Yes Sky are NRNB and no Rule 4 at this stage anyway. Could be a decent market for races like the Arkle and the RSA. Serious possibilty of 7 runners or less in those races imo.

I don't like to argue, I like to reply to silly posts, but you do seem to make a lot of them!

Have a nap maybe, all your googling 'Triumph Hurdle favourites' must have been taxing!

I have read your third point three times, still not sure what you are trying to say, maybe after your nap you can try again?

Yes, Paddy Power has access to Gordon Elliots yard, they know that he has been having us all away and Zahynir is actually a mule that simply cant win, but just in case, the company which is worth over €8 billion will limit IAMAMORON to 56 quid at 3/1 :D:D

Everyday I think you cant possibly make me laugh anymore than you did the previous day, but you deliver every single day, you are a credit to your profession young man!!

..............................................................................................

Flaming
    Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted. Attack the post, not the poster. Minor infringements will warrant a warning followed by a ban. Serious infringements and/or intentional flaming will receive an automatic ban.

Pogue eile
    If you want to stay around please change your attitude.
    It would be helpful if you read the Forum Charter and followed it when posting.
    Every one of your five sentences in the above post is flaming. Stop.
    This is a warning, and I am posting it so all can read it.
    Cheltenham is exciting, but please behave on the forum.
    The Tetrarch

Wow, it was a bit of banter between my self and IAMAMORON and there was no flaming (?) but duly noted.

Enjoy Cheltenham folks, hope ye all clean the bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭hawaii501

people who are fancying Kemboy are the same who fell into the trap and backed Silviniaco Conti every year at HQ

Hands up for the Silviniaco Conti trap, still convinced he was going to romp in but then he fell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Or djakadam!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Or djakadam!

Beef or Salmon!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

Beef or Salmon!

Florida Pearl. Although he did win an RSA iirc

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Or djakadam!

Ah Christ at least Djakadam made it up the hill. Unlucky to come up against Don Cossack who was a freak and the horse that's named after my good self :pac: Probably should have done better the year Sizing John won but he was no Conti who was roaring steam out his arse before the bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Wow, it was a bit of banter between my self and IAMAMORON and there was no flaming (?) but duly noted.
    Forum Charter
    Other

Any derailment of a thread by the continued discussion of moderator's actions will result in your posts being deleted and a ban being issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Forum Charter
    Other

Any derailment of a thread by the continued discussion of moderator's actions will result in your posts being deleted and a ban being issued.

MOD EDIT

Off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

The Mig wrote: »
    They match your 1st deposit up to €100.

Do you have to go via a link / introduction or just set up an account and deposit £100?

I am in UK if that matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Yes Sky are NRNB and no Rule 4 at this stage anyway. Could be a decent market for races like the Arkle and the RSA. Serious possibilty of 7 runners or less in those races imo.

Probably a stupid post but here goes :

Ante post

Doesn't run lose money

Non Runner no bet

Doesnt run then money back - does that include N/r on the day?

Rule 4

When does that come into play - on the day or from day bet placed

So say you are betting against Envo Allen at say evs (using evs as an example) you get 45p (whatver evs is) deduction - is that right?

I thought NR no bet was no rule 4?

Not entirely sure how it works, I think it's 1/5 odds 3 places until 48 hours decs.Then Rule 4 would come into place on any bets made after.

I do know they pay out 3 places despite it being NRNB this far out. I got a price on Petit Mouchoir to place a few years ago in Footpad's Arkle. He finished 3rd and there was less than 8 runners and they paid me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Motivator wrote: »
    It’s just my opinion but I think Willie will keep him for Aintree and/or Punchestown and try and win the Gold Cup with him there. His problems with Cheltenham are fairly well documented and sure who knows that better than the man himself.

His problems are not with the Cheltenham course/track - it is with the Cheltenham fences! So they stayers hurdlers won't be an issue.

In saying that - I think he'll avoid Cheltenham altogether and stay the chasing route with targets like Aintree and Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

moritz1234 wrote: »
    His problems are not with the Cheltenham course/track - it is with the Cheltenham fences! So they stayers hurdlers won't be an issue.

In saying that - I think he'll avoid Cheltenham altogether and stay the chasing route with targets like Aintree and Punchestown.

5-4-U-7. Course form is everything.

moritz1234 wrote: »

He finished 5th in a pretty poor Neptune over Hurdles too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Keeping it short and sweet(don't like a big preamble about how much I love the horse blah blah blah..) Day 4 Albert Bartlett : Gentlemansgame 9-1 win bet.

Advertisement