Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks, that definitely would save a lot of advance planning. I've got 3 more questions :)

On a typical 3158km part of our trip, there are mainly Ionity or Total Energies. However there are 5 or 6 other stops with different Charging operators. Can you now roll up and pay with a credit card on the spot with all/some/many Charging Operators or do you need to register and have a card delivered to you in advance? Do Charging Operators support pay as you go, or do they require a subscription?

The website has us arriving at some of the stops on that route with 10% charge remaining. For someone who gets European range anxiety under 100km, this will take a bit of getting used to. The operational state for a couple of those stops is unknown in the app. Maybe it's because of how bad the Irish charging network was/is, I'd be worried about that stop being non-operational when I got there and not being in range of an alternative. Not much of an issue for most of Western Europe but once you hit Croatia he distances between charging stations increase.

The cost for the 3138km is coming out as €325 and I'm guessing that with a roof box it would be around €400. Our diesel costs for that are €280. I didn't expect an EV to cost less, nor did I expect it to cost more. Is the on-route profit margin for electrons much higher than the margin on hydrocarbons ?

Apologies for posting this in the Tesla thread, mods please move if appropriate. But this thread is the first place I've seen an EVer reporting a decent trip across multiple European countries. And my suspicion was that the reliability and convenience of the SuC network is a factor in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sh81722

Most of the "other" networks have a sticker on the side of the charger that will tell you which app will work with them. There are also 3rd party tags/apps like maingau, plugsurfing etc. which may work. You may end up spending 15 minutes at the charger for an alien network charging to start as not only you need the app but also add a payment method. IMO, based on my trips Tesla is the way to go if possible and available in the country where you are travelling in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Just on the 10% charge left, you can change that to whatever number you want for all stops or also for individual stops e.g. if it's a non Tesla charger you can leave it higher. You can select to charge for longer at 1 point eg for lunch, dinner etc...and it will recalculate the rest of the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Jospi => Curious to how u have you calculated that cost? Seems high to me, but id only know IRL as reference price, say Ionity at the eye watering 0.79 cent per kWh

Are you in an SR+ or the LR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭innrain

The price is probably calculated using Ionity .70+ /kWh. It is worth getting a subscription package to lower the kWh price. If you do that in Tesla is half or less. You can configure ABRP to avoid some chargers. You can also add a ski box in the settings of ABRP (I bet it will eat more energy than you think). If 10% is to stressful for you you can configure to arrive @charging stops with 15% I did a mock-up trip Dublin Zagreb and it calculates 10 stops for charging 2h51min using only Tesla SuC. If I change the car to a Kona is still 10 charges but 5h21min without counting the time lost in finding the right app making sure the chargers works

• Advertisement

Ya but even at Irish prices it might be around €250 for that distance, bit more maybe. I guess if you are driving at 140km the game changes quite a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

The cost was given by ABetterRoutePlanner, I'd configured it with an 80kw Enyaq, probably had it at 140kph in settings.

When I set it to 125kph which is what we normally do with the roofbox, it's £32 + €259

SR+, LR or another, that's the decision for the future :)

Ah, you are currently driving the Enyaq?

Yeah I would wager ABRP is probably more accurate than my math...

If you want your eyeballs to fly out of your head at every junction, get a Tesla....great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Jog501

I can't share the link but Gowan Motors have a 2020 SR+ up on carzone with 6k kms on the clock for a bargain price of.. €56,750

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

• Advertisement

I doubt it TBH,no mention of it either. I think the Dealer just saw the long range models price range on Carzone and chanced his arm. If someone pays that much for a SR+ they would want their head examined!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭innrain

No FSD but It has glass roof and central door locking :D

I called them, it's a sr+ with no FSD. He is convinced they are €58k new, whoever sold him that car made the deal of the century 😂

Its about 2 weeks newer than mine, so if they want to throw me €55k for mine, I'll happily take it and get a new MIC SR+....

In fairness though, it is a very rare SR+ with fog lights..... they were only available as an add on in the configurator for a very short time at the beginning, so in that sense its rare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Any referral codes handy? ...just in case.......

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Pm received ! Thanks for that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

If I want a SR+ on Jan plates in 2022 then what do people think is best time to order? I know there is a lot of knowledge on here so hoping you can give me your thoughts. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Tesla seem to be really adamant cars are registered by end of quarter these days. Others here have said there was "a gun put to their head", forcing them to accept cars registered days before the new reg. So December/June registrations were all but mandatory.

This year, 198 Model 3s were registered in June. July - 0.

To be certain, you'd need to order on January 1st for a likely March delivery, but speak with Tesla themselves.

Don't forget to use a referral code for your free charging, before that goes too, along with the VRT exemption/grants! (PM me if you'd like to use mine)

Post edited by Kramer on

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

December, but you wont get a Jan reg Tesla model 3, most likely it would be march at they typically do deliveries for each quarter end

• Advertisement

Probably now I'd say.. Its almost October so it’s be tight to get something this side of Christmas unless it was already on the ship!!

if ordering, use a referral code to get 1,500km of free Supercharging…

You can use my referral link to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:

https://ts.la/andrew41074

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Probably now I'd say.. Its almost October so it’s be tight to get something this side of Christmas unless it was already on the ship!!

Cars take just 5 or 6 weeks to arrive here from leaving the factory so Q4 cars produced until mid November can & will be registered here by 31st December. That's 2 months away. Any cars ordered in the next 2 months will, guaranteed, be here in December.

The big question is will Tesla delay registering them until January 1st 2022.

Others have clearly said that last year, they wouldn't & insisted on registration by December 30th. There were VRT changes due on January 1st last year, so some would have paid more, but the bigger driver was obviously Tesla's quarterly delivery targets/numbers.

As I said, this year, ZERO registrations in July, 198 in June.

I'd suggest anyone wanting a guaranteed 221 reg speak with Tesla directly. If you order anytime this year & there's an inventory car that matches, you'll be matched to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Thanks lads. Car is ordered now. I know a guy in same neighbourhood with Model 3 so I had promised him the free supercharging referral already. I'd take the car in December or sooner actually now that I think about it

Post edited by trackdaychamp on

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sam W

Tesla has stopped the whole referral programme as of today.

You sure about that?

it’s no longer available to share vi the website, but still available via the app.

edit:: yeah, done from today!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well given the Referral Program was all the way down to SuC use it also bodes poorly for preparation to open the SuC network. If it was he good ole days I’d have had a nice set off alloys with my referrals to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

6 months later and finally did my first run to dublin. Left Bandon at 100% and arrived at the red cow (276 km) with 14% left. Kept as close the the speed limit as traffic allowed.

Happy it would make the airport without stopping , at least in good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good job, Whats the plan for the way back? Starting on 14% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Charged up last night then traveled to the airport this morning. Should only need 10/15 minutes at Ballacolla on the way back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Anyone else update the Tesla app on Android? Seems laggy and the location tab always starts by being very zoomed in, and extremely laggy while driving on the motorway... once or twice I had to force close the app.

Advertisement