Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

You've got mail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Is anyone else waiting on a Q3 delivery? Ordered in July still waiting on a VIN and delivery date. Looking at the Tesla Motors Club UK orders made in August of same specs are getting VINs and delivery dates and not a word other than "expected in September" from Tesla Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I know of June orders in the same situation, while August UK orders, of the exact same spec (RHD etc.) have delivery dates already, some in August.

It's just the way Tesla roll - end of quarter deliveries so it largely doesn't matter when orders are placed.

It'll 100% be here late next month is is quite likely on the ship Grand Ruby. Other Irish deliveries are on board that & it departed from Shanghai last week.

Best of luck with it when she arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Thanks - that's a relief in a lot of ways. Sounds like its a mad dash at the end of the month so. I have been keeping an eye on the shipping thread alright so fingers crossed. Thanks for the clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As others point out, Tesla currently very end of Q centric, I was at the Dublin SC in June and it was choc-o-block with MIC M3 everywhere and delays service side of the house due to new sales drop-off/pick-ups.

I posted on another thread of one Co buying 6 M3s as company cars, all delivered same day to them

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Anyone downloaded the new Tesla app? I got it from an APK from a 3rd party website as it wasn't in the play store yet. Very slick looking.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah been using it on iOS the last few days, it’s a nice upgrade….

look at the app when someone is driving the car.. it shows the car as a driving animation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Does it work all the functions as normal ie. Locks, aircon etc?

Yes, exactly the same, just a refreshed look

Also now shows the outside temp…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Driving through terenure this morning. Elderly couple walking off the footpath around a badly parked van. I was going slow enough when the car suddenly emergency braked....like fully locked up. Frightened the bejaysus out of me and I'm lucky I wasn't rear ended by the Audi behind me.

I was nowhere near them and I'm a bit píssed off that it did this. Tempted to turn off this function completely after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Same thing happened to me twice while I was in city centre and some junkies jumped in front of my car on purpose. I quickly swirled past them but the car was so adamant that I was going to hit them or already hit them that it applied the emergency brake (after the swirl has already been done)…

The junkies didn’t scare me a tiny bit but the emergency brake did…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭innrain

I'm getting some false positives on frontal collision. Usually the software anticipates that I'm slowing down too little compared to the car in front of me. Kinda scares the passengers.

On the app I got an upgrade today 3.10.14.474 but don't see much changes. Defo not outside temp. I'd like to see some better trip computer that will remember daily usage and an improved charging app which would let you know different estimated times for different powers. Something geeky but a bit more useful than emission app.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

Anyone know why no Disney+ arrived with last update ? All other features appear to have arrived like car wash mode etc

and anyone know which windscreen company’s have replaced an M3 windscreen (cracked yesterday), rang two and they don’t think they have and have to call me back

Auto Emergency Braking can't be turned off. It's actually mandatory these days - an €U requirement.

My BMW 530e once emergency braked & came to a complete stop. In fairness, I know what triggered it & it only happened once in 2 years of ownership/40k+ km.

The Model 3 once emergency braked on me on a 120km/h stretch, due to a shadow cast from an overpass. Absolutely nothing approaching me on a clear, sunny day. The driver behind me had to brake in sympathy & afterwards flashed his headlights at me & gesticulated angrily before passing me aggressively.

I can't say I blame him.

I won't be surprised to hear some day, of a crash resulting from these very safety systems, themselves designed to prevent crashes.

Also, to be fair, the Model 3 seems to have improved in the phantom braking department recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't have a Tesla but I have a new car with that emergency braking and one day it just braked itself, scared the s**t out of me, needless to say I turned that off as if someone was behind me they would have drove straight into the back of me. It was a severe braking stopped in what seemed like nothing and I flew forward and seat belt tensioned. Madness. But I remember another time I had cruise control on and someone coming towards me came a bit into my lane it turned cruise control off and braked a bit. So it worked fine there but that emergency braking that I doubt the person behind me would be able to match was really severe and dangerous.

I agree it’s not nice when the car emergency brakes itself…..

but if someone crashes into the back of you, or almost crashes into the back of you, it’s not because of auto emergency braking, it’s because they were following too close behind.

Not much use if you're injured, or worse, saying the driver behind was "too close"!

I've seen cases where drivers suddenly braked & subsequently, were hit from behind, have been found both criminally & civilly liable.

Would one pass a driving test if one suddenly jammed on the brakes, without warning & for no reason? No. Yet we seem happy to have our cars do exactly that?

Say one's car does suddenly slam on the brakes, causes a collision etc. Would the driver be liable, even though they themselves didn't apply the brakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭sh81722

We were back to Ireland yesterday after just over 9k on various European roads over 5 weeks. We have now over 12k on the clock on the car registered late June... The car performed flawlessly apart from both rear lamps suffering from condensation after some downpours. The interior also still continues to suffer from various rattles but they haven't gotten any worse at least. I fixed one annoying one at the rear door myself when on the road. I think we got 2 or 3 new software updates since leaving Ireland and I think the automatic wipers have gotten much better since June but not sure what else has changed. We didn't need to queue on a single Tesla SC since beginning of the trip and it cost us total of €280 for the supercharging (€239 and 436 SEK) + estimated 150 for other charging when SuC were not present. This was with 1100 or so of free SuC kilometres left on our account when leaving.

The Model 3 is like a go-kart on mountain roads with absolutely no drama and lorries etc. are dispatched with no hardship at all with just a tip on the go faster pedal. The handling and grip levels were just astounding. The MIC LR can do around 300 km between charges when driven at indicated 135 km/h in France. The range on Autobahn is about the same as there is way more traffic and roadworks than in paid motorways of France so the average speed is similar even with many unlimited stretches. The highest speed we hit was 208 km/h but that was very momentary. The cruise control works up to 150 km/h so it's more comfortable to cruise at up to that speed even when there is no traffic, and those times are far and between in August.

It would be great if Tesla upgraded the car software to allow changing the headlamp focus between left and right hand traffic on the blocky 2021 headlamps. But this is the only thing I would change. Perhaps the suspension could be a tad more refined also but on the flip side nothing fazes the car regardless the road conditions and loading. Ample boot space and comfort and power makes this a one fine GT for two.

Post edited by sh81722 on

Good stuff, I had a Scottish roadtrip earlier in the month and the SuC was flawless too, no stress or worry about foreign cards or chargers, just rock up to a SuC and plug in, easy peasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Did you get banned a few times from using Autopilot until the next drive for exceeding 150kph? 😁

Surely though the car would know it’s on an autobahn and there was no limit……

Ha, it's not like with the autopilot and not keeping hands on the wheel. As of the autopilot itself, you make me realise that I don't actually know how it does work on the 'bahn. Wonder what speed it would select on the unrestricted stretches? The only time I used it was on some smaller roads in Sweden/Finland where it worked fine apart from a special feature on some roads where the driving lane widens and then suddenly narrows back. I can't post a link to the layout as I have no link posting superpowers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LuigiSham

Big fan of this thread. Thanks for all the good info.

I am so close to buying a model 3. I am gutted to have missed out on the grant before July. I am stuck in 2 minds. I originally hoped to get the Long range. I live in Athlone and looking at the SUC map, there is none really around me, or on the roads I would drive.

The majority of my driving is locally, but every 2 weeks I would drive to Dublin, do a road trip around there and head back the same day. (Approx 260ks, majority of the trip driving 120k/hr).

I know the SR+ would be perfect for 90% of my time. For the other 10%, I would love to avoid sitting at a charger - 2 kids under 4.

Because of the loss of the grant, the difference is 17k….Should I jump on the SR or go for the LR?

Also, I see that Enfield is due a SUC in Q4 2021…Do these get built on time usually?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

100% go for the SR+

ive been all over the country in mine and it’s really not a bother as long as you can home charge….

there will only ever be more superchargers installed, and kids LOVE the entertainment in the car while charging.

if you do order one, use a referral code to get 1,500 free supercharger km’s..

here’s mine;

You can use my referral link to get 1,500 free Supercharger km on a new Tesla:

https://ts.la/andrew41074

I’m in Athlone too and my S is similar range to the 3SR+, I’d agree on the Enfield SuC, that will open up Dublin for us.

There’s an eCars 150kW charger behind Kilmartins and 4 Ionity high power charges at the Services halfway to Moate which will charge a 3 extremely quickly, but all of these are on our doorstep which is a bit of a shame.

SuC construction can be slow, often multiple years but Tesla have been very aggressive in their UK rollout this past year or so and we had Cork added recently quite quickly. With a new Belfast service centre I’m hopeful that will drive some of the planned SuC installs and that we may see a number of them all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

with kids at that age you'll be stopping anyway after 2 hours driving for another few years yet. I took an SR+ across Ireland a few times over the summer and never felt i could drive longer than the attention span and bladder capacity of those in the back. Athlone seems and ideal base too with the new SUCs coming on line

Based on the Teslabjorn's review of the LFP SR+ it's a total winner and the fact that is both charges quickly and that you can charge to 100% all the time makes it a very good proposition for Ireland compared to the MIC LR the price difference considered. The jury is still out on the cold weather performance but as Ireland doesn't really have proper cold weather even this is likely not a thing to worry about.

Another vote for SR+ from this MIC LR owner: I would go for the SR+ if I was ordering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LuigiSham

Thanks for all the solid advice.

I will go for the SR+. If I wanted to order one for January, when would be the best time to put an order in?

I hear there are currently delays for the model 3. It says on the website, if I ordered today, to expect delivery in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

You should always order at the earliest point. Once you ordered, you can always reject the delivery if you want to get it later. There’s always a chance that the government removes or adds certain grants at a particular point, so if you order early, you may be able to accept a delivery early if a grant is about to be removed.

Advertisement