Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭sh81722

Tesla up to now at least delivers the cars to Ireland once a quarter and they really push for registrations at the end of the quarter to help their quarterly stats. Our car for example got delivered towards the end of June and the US-based Tesla employee dealing with the fulfilment point blank declined a suggestion to delay the registration until 1st of July. Most likely the November batch of cars will be delivered by.end the December to boost the quarterly results and the next batch of cars will then arrive in Feb/March.

If the 212/221 issue is important to you, expect to wait for a bit (until Feb/March).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

So even if the car is delivered in Dec they won't hold it for a few more days to get the registration on a new plate?

That is fairly bad if that is the case as you are wiping a good few bob off the resale value by not waiting those few days.

How reliable have the delivery dates been as well?

So if it says November will it actually come in November or is that just a very bad guess by Tesla?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

a 212 or a 221 reg will make little to no difference to the resale value of a Model 3 for the foreseeable future..

Model 3's (All Tesla's in fact) are holding their values extremely well lately, to the point where there was one for sale a while back asking for more that what it was bought for from Tesla!! now whether it sold at that price is an unknown, but a car you can drive away the same day, or one you have to wait 2-3-4 months for.... you can see why someone would put it in at that price!! The demand is still there for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Got my renewal quote of €1015 from Aviva. Some chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Any 22 reg car will invariably be more desirable/be worth more than a 21 reg. We're reg snobs here you know!

You'd want your head examined accepting a car in December.

Tesla, for whatever reason, front-loaded EVERY Model 3 registration into June this year. Very strange. 198 registrations in June, 0 in July. OK, not as much difference between mid year reg changes (I'd still want a 212 reg in July), but they didn't do this last year. Our Model 3 is a 202, registered in the first days of July.

I hope they don't insist all December cars this year remain as 21 regs!

• Advertisement

I reckon the new SR+ would be suitable for most these days given the great range & now, no issues regularly charging to 100%. There are more chargers these days too & unless you have a particular need for the long range, i.e. very regular long motorway commutes, frequent travel overseas or just want more performance, given the LR went up €5k with the removal of the SEAI grant, the SR+ is the better proposition.

Best of luck - you'll be happy in either!

If anyone needs another referral, or wants to buy my Model 3 (so I can buy an LR), PM me 🤗.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

Any way of turning off place names in butchered Irish?

They will want them registered before end of the year. It's so they are counted in q4 for the sales numbers.

At least at the moment the 201 , 202 , 211 , 212 , 221 ,222 isn't as obvious at a glace as other years will be.

They didn't last year though. 0 Model 3s were registered from September through December 2020. Same midyear. June, 7 were registered, July, they registered 45 (inc. ours).

June 2021 they registered 198, July 0.

Surely they register "sales" for their quarterly figures - not registrations. All early July cars would have been paid for in June - end of Q2.

It's really strange they shifted 100% of Model 3 registrations deliberately into June. They've arguably devalued those 198 cars IMO & they could well have close to 0 sales in Q4 here if they repeat what they did last year.

I dunno, maybe Elon has more brains than me!

I have a December 2020 Model 3 sitting at my front door. And there was a queue of deliveries the day I collected in early December.

• Advertisement

That's me proved wrong so!

Looking at beepbeep.ie, there seem to be no figures for Model 3s registered from September to December 2020, which I mistakenly took to mean zero. They obviously did register cars, including yours, so wonder why beepbeep don't have that info.

From there onwards though, there are figures & they definitely have changed in their pattern of registration.

Did you want to take the December car for a 202 reg or would you have waited the extra week or two to have a 211 reg? I'd always wait in that case but it looks like Tesla are focused on their quarterly stats more than customer preferences.

I don't think there's many other countries that do registrations in the same or similar format to us though is there? I know the U.K. have the year on theres, but that's the 'registration year' and not the calendar year isn't it?

We are an insignificance in the eyes of Tesla. Its always about the Q/H/TY sales for a large company like them.

I wouldn't agree we're that insignificant if they absolutely, 100% insisted every Model 3 they had in June HAD to be registered before 1st July. 198 cars vs 0 in July. That's quite a shift from last year.

A car registered in December will inevitably be worth thousands less than the same car registered two weeks later. Zero benefit to the customer, just good for Tesla & their quarterly delivery stats.

I guess prospective customers should order in January to guarantee the new year reg plate, while every other manufacturer takes orders from September onwards, for January reg.

Loads of Model 3s arriving into Sandyford now for the new owners......soon........best of luck to all & well wear!

There was no option to delay. I had waited long for 2021 refresh so was happy to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Exactly this. Another December 2020 taker here and never gave it a second thought. I don't buy into the whole rego BS that the car industry marketing machine has very cleverly got many irish consumers focused on. Any discerning used car buy looks past this and focuses on whats important - mileage, servicing & upkeep.

More over, Tesla don't follow typical model update cycles - only need to look at the M3 as evidence of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

I got 2021.4.5

no Disney do not need it but am surprised.

no auto dimming mirrors - my car is an early 2020 model 3. Assume it was built at the time Tesla temporally removed the auto dimming mirror hardware?

anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭innrain

Auto diming yes

Disney+ no

Wifi on during drive yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Disney+ most likely not available due to geographical licensing restrictions. It will be available in some markets, but not others.

If you want Disney+ (and other services), mark this as a favourite on the web browser

1. Open web browser
    2. Go to following website: https://abettertheater.com/
    3. Hit link "GO FULLSCREEN"
    4. Wait until Youtube screen loads - then select "Go to site"
    5. Choose Disney and enter login details (browser will remember these for next time).

For folks with Solar PV and a Zappi, what way do you set the schedule in the car? No schedule at all, and just set the Zappi to charge the car when there is excess Solar available?

And then lets say its the night before a big trip and you want to charge to 90% would you then set the schedule in teh car to charge (at night rates), and doing this do ou also need to change a setting on the Zappi?

(Hopefully getting an up to 4kW Solar PV system installed soon, and previously thought I was only limited to a 2kW system, so car charging wouldn't work, but with the 4kW system it could work out as the car is parked on the driveway most of the daylight hours)

How does the Tesla Wall connector integrate with the Tesla Solar roof & Powerwall given that its only a basic 'dumb' charger. If I got a Powerwall, could I then keel my Wall connector instead of going with a Zappi?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You set to Eco+ to only charge from excess solar and let it sit there.

If you know you need a full charge for the following day you can still leave it in Eco+ but set a "Boost timer". It can be a set amount of kWh's or it can be a set start/stop time. You can also do things like.... "Ensure you give me 30kWh's by 8m tomorrow". It will sit and charge with excess Solar all day today but it will keep one eye on the 30kWh's and it will guarantee that it will add that 30kWh's by the set time by pulling from the grid towards the end. Basically, lots of options.

Im not aware that the Tesla wall connector has any Solar integration, unless that has changed recently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

And then lets say its the night before a big trip and you want to charge to 90% would you then set the schedule in teh car to charge (at night rates), and doing this do ou also need to change a setting on the Zappi?

This new Board, grrr, can't selectively quote.

Andy, saw your posts oven on Renewables Forum, plaster your roof, don't stop a 4kW.

For the scenario above you set your Z2 to Eco++ during the bright days, however in order for the Z2 to charge at night you need to change it to FAST mode.

Good news is that you can do this from the MyEnergi app if you have it, else from the front screen of the Z2 itself

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

This new Board, grrr, can't selectively quote.

Stick a ">" in front of a piece of text and it will do the same job for ya.... like i did above.

For the scenario above you set your Z2 to Eco++ during the bright days, however in order for the Z2 to charge at night you need to change it to FAST mode.

Wouldnt a "Boost timer" be better though? Changing it to fast mode means you might forget that its in fast mode the following day and come home and plug it in and it will start immediately. The boost timer gives you a full schedule and options to work with to suit your needs and it will revert to Eco+ mode once the boost is done.

Good news is that you can do this from the MyEnergi app if you have it, else from the front screen of the Z2 itself

Indeed. You need the MyEnergi hub to enable the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JandS

Btw if you want to totally nerd out, you can follow the progress of your Tesla (assuming you have the right ship) using https://www.marinetraffic.com/, and also on this forum - one of the guys kindly gives daily updates on Tesla shipments globally: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/2021-shipping-movements.217602/page-82

I found it helped to deal with the excitement of waiting (I took delivery of SR+ in June)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Had my car parked at Dublin Airport for a week and found a big spit on the windshield. Sentry mode was on but all I had was one single message ‘video not available’ with tons of security alert. I guess it’s just someone being annoyed by the flash, but still not satisfied that the video isn’t working.

I triggered another sentry alert this morning just to see if it’s working, and it turns out to be working fine. Just that all the vids in the airport were not working.

I find the dashcam/sentry mode to be very hit and miss..

It will randomly stop writing to the card and not inform you... its only when you go to save a file, or view sentry events, or just simply check that the little red dot is on indicating its recording that you realise you are driving around with no dashcam...

I use a Sandisk High Endurance microSD card in a card reader, so it's not like I've cheeped out on the storage medium...

I would love a pop up warning message to say that dashcam is not recording (for whatever reason) when the feature is turned on in the security menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭innrain

Check on the computer. The video player in the car often will say the video is not available but found them on the storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

In retrospect I should have done that… I’ve already deleted the unavailable footage as there doesn’t seem to be any visible damage on the car anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Quick question - if a model 3 is ordered, what is the latest time it could be cancelled?, is it anytime before delivery?

Yep. You'll lose the €100 deposit obviously, but until you've paid, you can walk away.

You can even pay & return it within 14 days/1,000km for a full refund too, unless they've changed that policy recently. I'd check if doing that but I'd say that's a rarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

I think the lights flashing on sentry mode is complete overkill and draws unnecessary attention to the car.

If the alarm is triggered, 100% flash lights and do whatever...but for someone walking by in a car park it flashes them

Usually the investigate WTF is going on, see the recording screen and move on....or take offence!

Advertisement