Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You can reject the car upon delivery, e.g. poor paintwork or anything else you deem annoying

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Or you can just not pay the balance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭innrain

Got an upgrade today to 2021.24.5 but nothing new in the Release Notes. And it was pretty small as it dowloaded during the drive to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Updated app still not available on Android. Any idea as to when we'll get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I got it 2days ago, have you checked the play store to see if it's available?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Since the refresh app came, I’ve since had 2 updates of it….. iOS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭jhegarty

€433 with 123.ie for fully comp. Glad I shopped around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Checked the current new price of my M3P, was expecting a bit of a bump, but it's €9000 more expensive!!

I asked Tesla for a trade in valuation, for the craic... 1 year ago they offered 55k.

Maybe I should get an i3 33kwh to tie me over until the i4 M50 gets here... Galway so far doesn't have great access to superchargers... and I'll probably be able to charge an i3 there by the time Enfield opens up 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 38 FocusST

What is the lead time on orders at the moment for LR's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Tesla make the majority of deliveries at the end of each quarter, so in March, June, September & December. If you ordered a Model 3 today, if you were lucky, it could be ready this month, assuming the spec you want is already here/on the way & not allocated yet.

The likelihood though is you'd be in for a Q4 car, with delivery in December.

Don't forget to use someone's referral for your free supercharging btw - PM me if you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Usually they will have a few unallocated cars for SR+ and LR when cars are shipped out. Performances are more scarce here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arestifamiliar

Just noticed with 2021.4 I now have the option to buy an upgrade for acceleration boost, wasn’t there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Which model 3 do you have? Tight bastards, you'd think they would just upgrade that for free if they seen they can get more performance out of a update.

Cheers. It appers on my app as well. It says improves 0-100km/h from 4.4s to 3.9s. I'd say pass for the moment. I've yet made the case for the enhanced autopilot.

It’s an upgrade for the LR only….. has been there for a good while now, just only recently appeared on the app for Irish owners…. Previously you had to contact them to get it added.

makes sense to just get the LR now with acceleration boost and have P like performance for a few grand less….

I’ll probably go for it… maybe ….

I got FSD, not really worth the money tbh, but hanging on the forever promise of it doing great things. If it would initiate overtaking I might feel it’s worth something , it did initiate a lane change to exit the motorway unexpectedly which was a bit scary

I'm more of a normal user who would not really appreciate the 0.5s difference anyway. But it is good to know one can have the option should they really need it. I'd be interested in enhanced autopilot to do lane changes on motorway. I got quite used with autopilot on lung runs and even on M50 but unfortunately lot of drivers on 85-95 km/h on middle lane with no real reason. (most cars over reporting the speed but still) If I overtake, autopilot disengage which is a bit annoying. The rest like summon would be just for fun.

Only Autosteer disengages for me when I indicate to overtake.... AutoPilot remains on at my set speed, and once in the new lane, a quick double tap brings back Autosteer.

€3,800 to not have to do that seems like a tad excessive for me!

Autosteer you're right. The speed control remains but is still annoying. It is expensive alright but so is 3.7k for a promise that the car would stop someday at traffic lights. This is the reason I don't have it I can't reason myself to buy it.

• Advertisement

Got reply

Trade-in estimate*

€ 55,040

Good to know no depreciation in the last year 😀

In the Galway Lawn Tennis Club today, 4 Model 3s, 3 M3Ps (2 facelift), 1 long range, 3 grey/black, 1 white (mine)

Anyone on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Monthly subscriptions for EAP & FSD have been available in the US for $99 & $199 per month respectively since July. May be a while before we see it released as an option here as obviously it would need to account for local conditions.

It does stop at red lights, but stops at green ones too, not sure if that’s AP or FSD.

if they told me FSD would never do more than it does now, I’d probably ask for money back, but there is always the promise of ‘coming soon’

the overtake is good and hopefully one day you won’t have to initiate the manoeuvre in Europe, it does initiate and turn for motorway exits , which is a tease.

I think I’m more interested in vision only self park, if it’s any better

Got the update on the android app this morning. 4.02.657. On the upgrades page there is a new tab for subscriptions but only premium connectivity available. 9.99/month

EAP/FSD drive subscriptions are not yet available on this side of the pond, but hopefully soon...

I'll give it a try for a month that I'll have a few trips planned, to see how it works...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭josip

Did you have any problems locating/using the non SuC chargers ?

We do 10,000 (diesel) kms over the summer and being able to use the same charging network throughout (eg. Tesla, Ionity) would save a lot of pain.

What was the longest you drove in any one day and did you have to factor in the charger locations into your plan for that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭sh81722

One pair of chargers on one location in France was out but as that site had another 10 working chargers that was not a problem. We did not need to queue at all. The longest single trip was just under 1000 km and it took about 12 hours including the charges. No extra planning was ever needed: Just entered the destination and the car automatically routes you via enough SuCs and tells you how long you need to charge for.

If your destination doesn't have a charger, the only planning you will need is to charge a bit extra on the last charger to ensure you'll make it to the next charger the following morning. The car plans to arrive to your destination with about 10% of battery left, which is ideal if you can charge overnight but not otherwise.

App updated overnight.

Looks good now and starts up way faster than before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Have a look at https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

you can put in the car type, weather etc and will give you a good idea of how a trip you might do would work out.

Advertisement