Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

There’s also a 50kW unit beside it, so it’s 50% more CCS plugs than all other eCars sites out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Use abetterrouteplanner.com or the app. It'll calculate the best route with charging at the optimal time (e.g. low SOC). Always worth a look before heading off on a long trip to somewhere new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Finally got to order my company Tesla M3 over the weekend, having delayed it 18 months due to business restrictions from the pandemic.

Was originally going to go Long range, but can't justify the extra expense, particularly with the BIK rumoured to be coming down. Happy out with my SR+ though!!

A few queries from those in the know if you don't mind?

Delivery suggested November, but how realistic is that (if anyone's ordered recently and received a proper delivery date)?

At what point is full payment due, only when it's actually delivered or prior to that?

Finally, proof of insurance for my tesla account. Will this delay getting a delivery date if I don't get it ASAP, or is it just something I need to have sorted by the time I receive delivery?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Ordered Blue LR in June - initially estimated September delivery but no luck so rep is now saying November earliest. No VIN assigned yet so still in holding pattern.

Previous post regarding the shipping movements is handy to keep an eye on potential delivery dates. Until you have a VIN your car isnt on a boat and therefore is more than a month away (unless you get lucky and someone cancels a delviered order).

Not certain about payment due and proof of insurance as I am in the same boat as yourself there.

Model 3 SR+ and LR are still getting the November delivery estimate on the Tesla site at the moment, so there must be a shipment of them due in (fingers crossed both of ours are on it). Model 3 Performance is saying December delivery and all others (S, X etc) are saying end of 2022, which seems extreme!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭innrain

Ordered in April and got it in May few days earlier than estimated. I got the VIN only with the proof of registration. They've arranged the finance with AIB and I made the final payment somewhere at the end of April. They'll ask you. Never sent the proof of insurance. A week before the delivery date they sent me the Proof of Registration with the VIN and reg plate. I had to go on motor tax website and pay the motor tax. The insurers were giving me crazy quotes as I didn't have a "valid reg plate". Few days later after their systems got updated, got the insurance sorted and the disc came in the same day with the car.

I was lucky as there was a big push for LRs to be delivered by the end of Q2 due to grant removal. At one point there were 50 Models3 on stock while now there are none. I'd say 99.999% you will get your SR+ before the end of the year. S and X are not sold outside US for the moment so this is the reason for such crazy delivery dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

M3P fwends! I remember thinking I'll be missing out the grey alloys that came out in 2020, they look good from a distance, but close up a bit... unfinished? They were also curbed to bits, and rear tyres were changed to PZeros, front still original Michelins.

His interior looked better than mine, lots less fingerprints on the dash

Anyone with a 2021 M3P get these abysmal 0-100 acceleration results when battery percentage goes down?

(from Bjorn's data https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HOwktdiZmm40atGPwymzrxErMi1ZrKPP )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

Thats a quite a marked difference. Is that down primarily to the different a battery types?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rgfinn

I haven’t timed them, but directionally that seems correct. The drop off is pretty extreme below 10%, but don’t think it’s as bad as those figures suggest around the 20% point.

In any case, it doesn’t bother me. I rarely venture that low in battery level and when I do I would want to take it easy. The punch and initial acceleration from the P is phenomenal and I think it looks a lot better than non-P.

to answer a question you didn’t ask: faced with the decision again, I’d still pick the P over a LR (even if it had the 19” wheels and acceleration boost).

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I notices a perceptible drop in performance of the M3P below 70% drove more like a long range below that level, all the violence was gone and while it was still quick you could plant the foot a lot. Obviously Bjorn is a lot more scientific than I am with my butt dyno.

I think so, different battery and obviously different battery management...

Is yours a 2021? I feel no marked difference as charge % goes down in my 2019... Of course, if battery is cold, there's a power limit, but this is different, the limit appears to be related to charge %, even if battery is at optimal temp.

Yours was a 2020? still 'older' battery I think, seems only the newer batteries are affected

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rgfinn

Yep, 2021 MIC M3P delivered in June.

I don’t have a way to monitor battery temperature but I definitely think battery % is the key contributor. Approx 65% is where I consistently notice less kick/punch (that immediate instantaneous acceleration)

edit: actually looking at the data you shared again… it seems to match exactly my experience with the car in terms of acceleration reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Has anyone here bothered with the Tesla charger? Not much info around but Gen 3 seems to be pretty good from the one video I've seen . Solid price point too?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Sam W

Gen 3 has been in use in China for quite a while. They are much slicker than Gen 2 - cables are thinner and easier to manage as well. I just hate Gen 2's heavy cables.

The vast majority of Irish Tesla chargers would still be Gen 2 - if all you want is to have a fully charged car in the morning, Gen 2 will do the job perfectly.

Just ordered the Gen 3 there now, so that I can get it installed and ready to go before the car arrives (hopefully some time in November). Will let you know how it works out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

i had mine installed before the car arrived too. No messing around…

not sure if the gen 3 has the same dip switches that are preset to 6a in the gen 2 charger, but make sure the installer reads the instructions…

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm hoping to take delivery of my Tesla next month. Can I apply from the Grant now? I had assumed you needed the Reg of the car or VIN to confirm with SEAI? Would like to follow suit and get it installed asap

Edit: Ignore that - I have just applied now. Must get the Gen 3 charger ordered up!

Post edited by Am I Evil? on

The online form for SEAI grant application doesn't ask for a VIN or Reg as far as I can see. Just manufacturer, model and battery size. Not sure if it requests them at a later stage of the application, as I need to get my meter point reference number before submitting. I think as long as I apply before I arrange installation with the electrician it's ok?

The chap I'm going to get to do it, installed the neighbours one for his Model 3, so I'll ask him what gen he has. Thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Jog501

Does the gen 3 work with any Type 2 car? Price is pretty decent and it looks slick.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Has anybody taken delivery of a SR+ in 2021? Just checking is there an option inside the app to upgrade to heated steering wheel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

I got mine 2 weeks ago, no option to upgrade to heated wheel! Yet anyway....

Quick question from who has never used superchargers in Ireland before - how much does it cost? Just want to get a rough idea. Higher or lower than ESB’s fast chargers and Ionity?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Miles cheaper than Ionity, a bit cheaper than ESB.

If you click on the superchargers on the map in the car it gives the price. They aren't all the same, think Ballacolla is 1c more or so

Thanks! Seems weird that the information isn’t available on their website…

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Yes it comes with floor mats but only basic fabric ones.

Better then nothing though!

Advertisement