Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭innrain

Got an update last night 2021.32.21

just two new things: Greek lang support and immersive sound whatever that is

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

32.21 also fixed the issue where indicating didn't disengage auto steer for non FSD cars.

Indicating left? I noticed something for the left not for the right though.

^^ for me it was both. Normally when driving with auto steer, indicating right or left would disengage the auto steer (as it assumes you are changing lane), but an update about a week ago and it no longer worked!! But then I got 32.21 yesterday morning, and it works again... an indicate left/right disengages auto steer.

My indicators are fcuked anyway though....... when I half press to indicate left for 3 flashes only, it only works about 75% of the time.....

I've even had a new steering column installed (for another reason), and the issue is still there!!! it stopped for a few weeks after getting the new wheel & column, but then came back with a vengeance..

I had it out in the SC, and was able to replicate the issue, as was the technician, but there was no resolution... the result is I'm simply not pressing it down to the first 'soft stop' hard enough!!! Trouble is that if I press any harder, they come on continuously.

When I'm listening to music, I have to visually check the screen every time I try to 3 flash left to ensure that it's actually signalled!!!

I've also noticed it starting to happen lately for a right half press for 3 flashes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭NoBread

The ability to change the power between the axels is the best thing there, didn't realise that wasn't on the LR.

To be fair, at 7,500 it's more like it, and you really got a bargain at 4k! Though it looks like the LR has gone up in price a lot. I thought it was around 56k less than a year ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭sh81722

Did anybody notice that the LR price seem to have fallen back to 58990 i.e. roughly to the same price it was before the VRT changes in July?

I noticed that, but i think its an error as the correct price still shows up at the bottom when you select cash.

Then again when you go to check out, you see the actual price;

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

It's just Tesla using the "after savings" estimated price to rope people in. It's still €64k unfortunately, as a person with a SR+ on order - I got excited there for a second and was about to change my order! 😂

Ah, that's cool. I was just thinking that it was potential Tesla trouserage of grant money before July. Sorry for the disappointment there "Am I Evil".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Came home from holiday there and noticed some fairly bad scratches on the bottom front right of my car. Something hit it... or it hit something. Either way I would like it repaired. Do I need to bring it to Tesla for this kind of work or is there someone who can make it look as new for a lot less?

Fairly pissed to be honest. I'm certain I didn't hit anything and the wife assures me it wasn't her (I believe her). I don't use sentry mode as it eats battery and I don't have my own charger yet so have no evidence of anything. No idea where/when it even happened, must have been from before I was away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

What part of the car exactly?

Looks confined to the front bumper, just in front of the front right wheel.

I scraped mine when I was doing a turn and went over a kerb... barely felt it inside the car...

It's way too high up to be a kerb.

Sounds like one of the S.M.A.R.T. repair guys is the best option here. No Tesla specific bodyshop needed and you're grand anyway as it's just the plastic bumper that needs work. They can often come to you to repair it which is another bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Just received an email from Tesla Ireland on my Model 3 order. They've asked if I can confirm I'd be happy to take delivery in November/December or wait until Feb/March of 2022 for a 22 plate. They've interestingly mentioned that the SEAI €5K grant will be finishing at the end of this year so to avail I must take delivery this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Looks like the prices have already increased also....

Thats mad, just had a quick look;

White SR+ standard wheels & black interior €49k

Red SR+ sport wheels, white interior €60k

a few extras & red and you lose the grant!!

Got a new app on android 4.1.1-667

Seems more responsive. You can order accessories from the app. In description it says you can adjust the charging current and scheduled departure and sch charging but you need 2021.36+ on the car which I don't have yet.

'cannot delete'

• Advertisement

Lootbox disappeared from my iOS app... can't see how many free km's I have left!!

Only way is to look on the website, and even then it doesn't show the expiry date anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Expiry date is/was October 2022 anyway, and my referral got used again about 3 days before they closed the referral scheme, so hopefully when that car gets delivered I'll get another 1,500km and a bit of an extension on the expiry too...

Planning a drive anyway next year from Cherbourg to Trelleborg in Sweden and back, as well as a week in Lithuania in-between (and they got their 1st SuC a few weeks ago too), so hopefully that trip won't cost a cent and will all be done with the remaining referral km's

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BobbyBingo

Ace Autobody in Bray do all the Tesla Irl body shop work. I've been with them {ahem} on a few occasions and their work is 100% imo.

Thanks. I tried a few of the SMART guys I found on Google but I'm in Shankill and once I told them this they had no interest in coming out to me. Bray would definitely suit.

I noticed that while charging the limit of charge is shown in both % of battery and km like 90% - 496km. Pretty sure it wasn't like this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭wassie

As a rough comparison guide, decent bumper patchup & respray can be had for about €300-350 but due to the M3 premium paint expect add another €50-80 onto that.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Hello, does anyone know when the Athenry SuperChargers will be up and running?

Pity not there yet as I’m heading to the far end of Connemara from Dublin next weekend (280+ kms) and it would have made planning the trip a lot easier.

Have M3LR but don’t want any faff queuing for slower (50kW) charge points in Galway or Clifden heading there or on the way back. Will likely (reluctantly) head down in the durrty diesel 😕.

2 hours of slow charging at 11kW will get you 22kW, which is roughly 33%, which should be more than enough to get you there and back…

Galway Plaza has a 150kW unit.

theres also a few Tesla Destination Chargers out that way, so a night in a hotel with a destination chargers, or even stopping in for lunch and you could use one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mobyduck

Thanks! The 150kW at Galway Plaza changes the calculation somewhat. Cheers.

Advertisement