Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Adverts.ie

Let us know how you get on. I may have an old one there that you can have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭eagerv

I have got four Tesla Delivery Appointment reminders today for tomorrow.

I don't think I am going to forget...😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ferturn

Well, lesson learned for me - wanted to share my experience so everyone else can avoid a similar situation.

Called Tesla (015134727) last week and spoke to an employee who said my car was going to be in Dublin on March 4th and booked my pickup slot for the following day. Appointment appeared in website+app after that. Called them again earlier today and they confirmed all looks good and I should have reg within next 2 days.

Fast forward to a few minutes ago, email from Tesla that appointment was scheduled before it should have and has now been cancelled...

I had arranged to sell my current car so this is very disruptive to say the least, awaiting response from Tesla to my email where I explained the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did they give a time frame of how long of a wait you now have?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ferturn

No specific delivery timeframe, but car now expected to be in Dublin "early next week"

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭JOL1

thats both disappointing and annoying. I hope you ( and the rest of us) don't have to wait too long. I know MSL Compressor dropped cars at Zeebrugge on Friday and as far as I can tell they have not yet been shipped to Ireland. Perhaps they are waiting for the next ship from China to reach Zeebrigge before transporting. I am just speculating given absence of communication from Tesla..

Sorry, wrong thread. Ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭wassie

If you often have muddy shoes or kids, highly recommend deep sided floor mats. I have a set of these from Amazon and they are brillant for keeping the muck out. Note however these particular ones have a deep imprint pattern that some peeps said they dont like - personally I think the modern design is in keeping with the car.

Tip: if buying from Amazon or the mainland, check to make sure the mats suits a RHD car as the vast majority out there are for LHD.

Agree with you on the sound reduction.

I've the double laminated front glass and TBH I dont think it results in much noise reduction at all, given most of it is road noise from the tyres. I used the carpet floor mats supplied by the leasing company underneath my plastic mud floor mats and it seems to help dampen the road noise at high speed on the motorway.

And the good thing is you can go the park. Get in with the kids covered in muck and the. Just power wash the rubber mats and back to new 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 barryduffy

Note - if you're with bank of ireland, there is a limit for outgoing payments of €1000/day for the first two days after you've added a payee.

Tesla won't accept a card payment (or they wouldn't from me anyway). If you are going to pay by transfer, you should set them up as a payee early and then you'll be able to pay overnight when the time comes rather than waiting for 3 days (2 days to initiate and one for the payment to go through).

I also took the opportunity to transfer a small part of the payment so I could see my tesla balance update and make sure everything was correct before I send them 10's of thousands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any real world range indications from all you new Model 3 owners?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭innrain

I just went to the branch and made a large payment request. Money left my account in the instant and transaction confirmed by Tesla the same day.

The absolute bastards - I called into the branch just there now to see if I could do anything. They gave me a paper form and they're going to scan it and send it to a different group in the bank <head banging a brick wall emoji>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

So I got bank details in my account today, which I’m guessing by the above others did too. I have a VIN in the source code and I’ve been told to expect a pick up date “some time in March” from the awesomely helpful sales team in Cork, but has anyone else got any closer to an actual calendar date or a reg to start taxing and insuring??

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

For anyone who hasn't blocked me yet 😜

February registration numbers are in good news and bad news Tesla has increased the number of cars delivered compared to last year about 25% to 220 cars in Feb (but that doesn't keep pace with their manufacturing increase and increase in the UK numbers). Of course there are march deliveries also and looking like those maybe higher than Feb and the 160 cars from march last year.

Even with the increase in cars Tesla has dropped to 6th in the ev list if registrations and its market share dropped from over 9% to 5%.

So for you guys wanting a niche car already purchased and want to hold value all good (until time to change and wait). For potential new customers fair to middling news increase in number of cars but enough to support the market and knock services from that? But who knows if they double the numbers from march last year might show more intent.

Your sincerely

Mr. Negative (apparently).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Do we know if the latest new cars have the heated front wiper space feature? Essentially a heated element in the glass where wipers sit when not in use? I’m collecting tomorrow morning all going well

Just collected earlier today, haven't checked the wipers yet but seems to have the full latest spec.

Will post up a few pics when get a chance, enjoy tomorrow..

Picked up at 12:30 today, good experience, very simple and easy. Glad I brought up a drying towel, car was covered in water beads after a cold frosty night. Made checking over the car easier, could only find one slight defect where the rear fender joins the bodywork just behind the rear left wheel. Not easily noticeable, but reported it. Otherwise car appears perfect.

Left with 55% battery and 11km total on odo, drove to Kilcullen (About 45 km). Got up to 80% quickly and drove home to west Co Wexford. Will charge to 100% overnight.

Fantastic car, has all the latest spec incl Matrix lights, new rear light cluster with two reversing lights, AMD Ryzen etc. Tech all works great and quite simple, only problem I am having is setting up the user profiles. Will give it another go in the morning with a clearer head.

Power wise, it feels very similar to the unicorn I drove in January. Perhaps those who are used to the SR+ would notice a difference, but for me it has loads of power. And seems miserly on the juice even using the heater today. Looking forward to a few longer runs over the next week or so.

Nice evening for a few pics. (Pity I didn't have the aero covers off, waiting on the wheel cap kit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Yes, mine has the heated wipers , so I assume they all do

Looks great, enjoy!

I’m delighted with mine, I’ve only done about 400km so far, with an average of 159 wh/km (seems ok?) . Lots of short urban journeys so far with perhaps 75km of motorway.

Auto wipers which everyone told me were crap are behaving themselves so far (no worse or better than my 5 series)

The mats that come with the car are only ok, they don’t stay stuck to the floor as well as the bmw one’s and my left foot keeps catching the mat on the foot rest but that’s a minor annoyance tbf.

Build quality seems good, no squeaks or rattles that I’ve noticed.

There is an icon for the heated wiper beside the heated steering wheel icon on the climate settings

Thanks for that, will have a look in morning, bleary eyed at this stage.🙂

Yes car quality seems good, no rattles or anything so far as well.. Im on about 14kWh/100 incl some spirited driving, but about half on slower roads.

Had to go out and check☺️ or else I wouldn't sleep lol. Yes I have the heated wiper icon, and my economy to date is 14.9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭trackdaychamp

Great photos Eagerv! Well done. Thanks to both for confirming heated wipers

Congrats to you and others whp have picked up their cars . looks great and gives a boost to the rest up us who are still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Great photos! Love the white. How does the minor imperfection get sorted? Visit to SC?

Those numbers are fairly interesting and Tesla may well be more focused on the serving larger markets where there is greater demand.

But more broadly, if you look at the sales figures for the new vehicle market in any country over the last 18 months, sales figures have been distorted by how many cars a manufacturer can physically deliver into the country thanks to the pandemics economic consequences. Its simply not a normal market so to draw conclusions you need to be mindful of this.

Every brand has had (and still does) manufacturing & supply chain disruptions, combined with increased demand. Six month waiting lists across most mainstream brands is unprecedented and Tesla is not alone. Ford have similar issues. The semi-conductor shortage is still in play and expected to progressively unwind over the next 12-18 months as more supply comes online.

Irish Times published an article early in the new year covering most of the brands.

They sum it up quite well

There’s an ineluctable math to this, though. If Irish buyers are returning to dealerships at a time when car production around the world is disrupted, some people are going to end up disappointed.

How disappointed you are likely depends upon which brand you’re buying, and in some cases which individual model you want.

• Advertisement

They noted the imperfection and told me to send pic to SC. Not sure if worth doing, only visible from a small angle of view, may just be a misaligned clip will have a look later. Certainly no damage to paintwork, hasn't had a knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭innrain

Just to share my experience ref mobile service. First encounter since I got the car 9 month ago.

I've had an issue with the boot (powered) occasionally failing to open on its own. The failure rate would be 1:5 mostly in cold and at the first try. If you managed to opened it once it will open with no problem.

The ranger came and fixed the issue in less time it took me to write this post. Disruption to my daily routine 5 mins at most. Draw your own conclusion. With the Kona I have an issue with the passenger seat belt sensor. I left the car half day to be "diagnosed" they didn't have the part in stock, although it is a known issue, and now I don't have another half day to leave the car to be fixed cause I need to arrange transportation and what not. Disruption max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

My wife has ordered model3 and has vin number on her account. Mad to get her hands on it & Has been told on phone will get text within 10 days for delivery.

Is it typically the full 10days or does it come sooner and how long after getting the text is usual for pick up ie next day or a week after? Thanks.

Not sure on exact time it will take, but it seems to help if you get on the chat. When I spoke with them they gave me a delivery time there and then. Cant remember the exact time frame, but about 5 days. Shouldn't be like that, but you seem to have to keep the pressure on them..

Car charged to 100% overnight, but cannot get charging plug (Zappi tethered) out of car. Tried locking /unlocking, App, etc. Only way is to pull emergency release in boot. Called Tesla who said update should solve, so will do that later. Is there any setting where you can have the locking release when charging complete?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Hey, you could not press unlock on the app after pressing the charge icon?

And congrats on the new car!!!!! :D

Thanks, no, doesn't do anything. Cable still in, fortunately don't need car this morning so will get the updates done. But can release manually with emergency release if need be.

All working normally now after updates, thank goodness. Also max the car would charge at last night was 16A, wouldn't allow me to increase to 32A on car or app. Now allows 32A and charges at 7kW. 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭ferg01

I got my delivery date with 2 working days notice but I think that's an outlier (and I had to push it back by a week).

Great pics @eagerv - well wear.

Good to hear all now resolved. Nothing like being excited and then encountering and unexpected problem. The lesson is for everyone to install updates immediately I guess.

• Advertisement

Are they OK with changing delivery dates? I've been reading that some people in the UK are being given dates/destinations and told "if you can't make it your car will get reallocated"!

Also how far is the pick up point from the Sandyford Luas stop? Looks like a brief stroll from the map.

Seems no problem with changing delivery time, I did with no problems. They werent too busy yesterday but that will probably all change with the Y starting.

Pickup is at Balldonnel, not sure if other location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Do you happen to have the address handy? Can't see it in my account any more, although I know I did accept it :)

Only car so far. Tesla said was normal enough until update done, pity they don't do it before car collection. But all good now.

D22AV20. Not exactly at that location, but you will see the Tesla flags at entrance on right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

This is the location https://goo.gl/maps/L426pGmhSKtpC2ev6

It's Gate B which is a good bit from the main entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭ferg01

They told me that the max they would push it back by was a week. It killed me to move it back!

Nearest LUAS is now Citywest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AHOV

Just Curious if anyone is collecting cars form Agnelli Motor Park in Walkinstown this was the only location offered when I made the reservation in November. Or has everything moved to Balldonnel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Sorry again to repeat myself Tesla are not proportionally supplying the demand in Ireland. The fact that model 3 was the 2nd best selling car in the UK last year but 39th best selling car in Ireland last year shows this.

Point again not servicing the Irish market.

Hyundai has delivered more ioniq 5's (850) in two months than Tesla delivered model 3's in the whole of last year.

Also you proved my point a bit more regarding Tesla and that article they have gained market share in countries as they have insulated themselves to a degree from the chip crises (developed SW that works on multiple chip sets traditional OEMs did not have that initial advantage).

But Irish tesla market stead flat in the last two year but exploded in the UK.

Can you give me some figures that Tesla are supplying demand here like they do in other markets?

Advertisement