Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Nobotty wrote: »
    Nphet is public health advice,if people were adhering to it,never mind the government,there wouldnt be a car on the road
    In my opinion adhering to Nphet and Nphet alone without consideration of anything else is as flawed as the followers of zero covid or the followers of Ivor Cummins on the opposite extreme IMO
    You to me look to be driven by an over arching post criticism all the time and dont look at any more considered analysis because the more important thing is the criticism
    Thats fine,I dont dig it
    Ive a poor opinion of many things about this government but I'm also a realist
    Likewise Im confident Ill have a poor opinion on many things in the next one
    Hoping Im wrong on that but I doubt it

Point well made.

Personal responsibility is vital in life.

Something certain parties leg it from.

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

markodaly wrote: »
    Thats classic in fairness.
    Apparently the opposition according to you gets things done, but when decisions don't work out, its "Nothing to see here"

Having your cake and eat it. Let us not pretend if SF were leading a government that things would be magically better. It wouldn't be, it may well be worse.

It may well be better, you dont know

All we know is this current Govt is very very bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nobotty wrote: »
    Nphet is public health advice,if people were adhering to it,never mind the government,there wouldnt be a car on the road
    In my opinion adhering to Nphet and Nphet alone without consideration of anything else is as flawed as the followers of zero covid or the followers of Ivor Cummins on the opposite extreme IMO
    You to me look to be driven by an over arching post criticism all the time and dont look at any more considered analysis because the more important thing is the criticism
    Thats fine,I dont dig it
    Ive a poor opinion of many things about this government but I'm also a realist
    Likewise Im confident Ill have a poor opinion on many things in the next one
    Hoping Im wrong on that but I doubt it

The government decided not to follow NPHET advice over Christmas and cases rose to worst in the world at one point.
    Both myself and Michael Martin accept that was a bad call.
    Thats my comment you've been pushing back against. Only you know why. I'm to believe its not politically motivated right?

Point well made.

Personal responsibility is vital in life.

Something certain parties leg it from.

Like the 'zero covid' false claim, anytime the government are criticised over covid handling someone rolls out 'personal responsibility'. Common sense and government advice dont have to be mutually exclusive although FF/FG/Green try hard ;)

Let's not drag Clifden back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It may well be better, you dont know

All we know is this current Govt is very very bad

Did we not have SF's Michelle O'Neill admit yesterday that the overall Covid numbers were worse in Northern Ireland than down here? Hardly gives confidence in that alternative.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Did we not have SF's Michelle O'Neill admit yesterday that the overall Covid numbers were worse in Northern Ireland than down here? Hardly gives confidence in that alternative.

What has that got to do with the Govt here?

Everyone knows the numbers of cases have been higher than here, the Govt defenders on here boast about it regularly (boasting about illnesses to make our Govt look good)

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1367465981631754242?s=19

Who can we blame, SF on their own or the North has a whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

https://twitter.com/NameBridget/status/1367210863338401797

I see MMartin is shocked by the Illegal Adoptions investigation program.

How can he be shocked? There are not revelations. I'll be shocked if this government actually does the right thing for once.
    Hiding behind GDPR. Disgraceful.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

How can he be shocked? There are not revelations. I'll be shocked if this government actually does the right thing for once.

FF/FG/Green lack ethics and basic morals IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,284 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The years of the power swap are mired in human rights obscenities. A litany of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The years of the power swap are mired in human rights obscenities. A litany of them.

The history of the world is riddled with them.
    Human rights have evolved everywhere, we aren't any different than most other countries in the western world.
    A lot of countries still haven't evolved.
    We are continuously evolving.
    Would the sight of a man sitting on a dead horse have raised a hullabaloo a few years ago.
    I remember personally being in a slaughter house and lads sitting on dead cows eating their sambos.
    How many civil rights would you think SF/IRA violated while struggling for civil rights?
    Just an example Francie, nothing sinister in it.
    No one has a real call on being perfect have they?

Human rights have evolved everywhere, we aren't any different than most other countries in the western world.
    Would the sight of a man sitting on a dead horse have raised a hullabaloo a few years ago.
    I remember personally being in a slaughter house and lads sitting on dead cows eating their sambos.
    How many civil rights would you think SF/IRA violated while struggling for civil rights?

The Irish state is still covering and putting up road blocks.
    A great example of their dishonesty is playing to the public by voting to extend the Mother and Baby home reporting only to let the clock run out anyway. Despicable people.
    It's all show.

Some of the faux criticism of the government is unreal.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/students-involved-in-limerick-street-party-could-face-expulsion-harris-1159042

There are real things to be critical of. Look at what Harris here says about the students in UL.

"He has also spoken to the the UL president, and disciplinary action ‘up to and including’ expulsion will be examined for any students in breach of rules.

He said: “I don’t want to prejudice the process, but in my conversations with the [university] president… that’s absolutely the intention of the university.”"

Am I the only one that thinks this is wrong? Why should a student lose their future livelihood over this issue, when people in positions of privilege have flouted the guidelines without penalty?

Rather than scouring Twitter for unrelated sound-bites, why don't the critics focus on real issues?

I think that the litany of abuses here are almost unique. That we haven't faced up to them is the real crime though...aided and abetted by the last ditch vestiges of the power swap that facilitated them.

I think that the litany of abuses here are almost unique. That we haven't faced up to them is the real crime though...aided and abetted by the last ditch vestiges of the power swap that facilitated them.

Care to elaborate on the litany of abuses?

After years and years comparing housing, pension, social welfare rates in the 6 counties to the Republic any time SF have a say on them. (both nations have completely diff rules systems etc so can't really be compared)

We are told we cannot compare the Norths vaccine roll out with ourselves qs its a completely diff system

The irony

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

They can still fix the hurt they caused Bishop. It's ongoing. They can still give those people their data. Did you watch the RTE program?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

After years and years comparing housing, pension, social welfare rates in the 6 counties to the Republic any time SF have a say on them. (both nations have completely diff rules systems etc so can't really be compared)

We are told we cannot compare the Norths vaccine roll out with ourselves qs its a completely diff system

The irony

What is absolutely stunning is that despite having a much faster vaccine roll-out, Michelle O'Neill had to admit the other day that Northern Ireland had performed much worse than the South when it came to dealing with the virus. Fair play to her for admitting her share in the incompetence.

The litany of abuses here are unique?

So the current Irish government must be far worse than if we had stayed under the yoke of British imperialism!!! Bring back the Act of Union!! Gaining independence and setting up a republic were a mistake!!!

Maybe we could go one better and adopt the policies of the Cultural Revolution or the Soviet gulags? Plenty of despotic regimes in Africa and South America that we could choose to live under instead. Bring back Fidel Casto, all is forgiven. We could offer Nicolas Maduro a way out and get him to take over.

What is absolutely stunning is that despite having a much faster vaccine roll-out, Michelle O'Neill had to admit the other day that Northern Ireland had performed much worse than the South when it came to dealing with the virus. Fair play to her for admitting her share in the incompetence.

You already stated this earlier. Ireland done better than Northen Ireland, well done to us.

It has no relevance of what i stated but you deflect away

• Advertisement

You already stated this earlier. Ireland done better than Northen Ireland, well done to us.
    It has no relevance of what i stated but you deflect away

But you said you wanted to compare Northern Ireland to Ireland in relation to the virus, and I did.

The litany of abuses here are unique?

So the current Irish government must be far worse than if we had stayed under the yoke of British imperialism!!! Bring back the Act of Union!! Gaining independence and setting up a republic were a mistake!!!

Maybe we could go one better and adopt the policies of the Cultural Revolution or the Soviet gulags? Plenty of despotic regimes in Africa and South America that we could choose to live under instead. Bring back Fidel Casto, all is forgiven. We could offer Nicolas Maduro a way out and get him to take over.

What nonsense

What nonsense

I know, Francie thinks that our government's litany of abuse is almost unique so therefore worse than all those examples. Can you think of anything more nonsensical?

But you said you wanted to compare Northern Ireland to Ireland in relation to the virus, and I did.

The Irish Govt compare pensions, social welfare etc to the North when its in their favour even though diff rules and systems apply

Same Irish Govt says we cannot compare vaccines due to diff rules and systems because they are miles ahead in the 6 counties?

Would the same be said if we had more vaccines done than the North, or would FFFG point at SF and say you cant get vaccines out quick enough

I know, Francie thinks that our government's litany of abuse is almost unique so therefore worse than all those examples. Can you think of anything more nonsensical?

There is a difference between oppressors/colonists and elected governments.

Do I need to explain it to you?

The Irish Govt compare pensions, social welfare etc to the North when its in their favour even though diff rules and systems apply

Same Irish Govt says we cannot compare vaccines due to diff rules and systems because they are miles ahead in the 6 counties?

Would the same be said if we had more vaccines done than the North, or would FFFG point at SF and say you cant get vaccines out quick enough

You are comparing vaccines, which is one sub-set of the response to the virus, I am comparing the overall response to the virus, and the South has performed much better. Your analysis reminds me of the manager who said we drew the last 10 minutes after being 10 goals down.

There is a difference between oppressors/colonists and elected governments.

Do I need to explain it to you?

So let me get it clear, you are saying that our government's litany of abuse is unique among elected governments?

So let me get it clear, you are saying that our government's litany of abuse is unique among elected governments?

Did you miss the word 'alnost'?

Hate to ruin the buzz of another round of misrepresentation.

You are comparing vaccines, which is one sub-set of the response to the virus, I am comparing the overall response to the virus, and the South has performed much better. Your analysis reminds me of the manager who said we drew the last 10 minutes after being 10 goals down.

Im saying the North were bad but fair play to them on the roll out.

Our rollout has been poor so far, many GPs in limbo, getting wrong vaccine numbers, no vacines, last minute notice vaccines.

Arlene and Michelle making Michael and Leo look like dumb and dumber currently

Your just point scoring on dead people

• Advertisement

The game seems to be people criticise FF/FG/Greens and others come in to try get them doing a North/SF comparison and defend the North/SF. When it changes nothing regarding FF/FG/Greens continued covering for decades of FF/FG/Church selling babies and abusing women and children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement