Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    The false "fake news" narrative of record-breaking crises needs to be addressed in this context.

January 2021 sees homelessness numbers down 19% on January 2020. Progress has been great in this regard.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-sdg1/irelandsunsdgs2019-reportonindicatorsforgoal1nopoverty/poverty/#:~:text=The%20consistent%20poverty%20rate%20in,rate%20of%205.1%25%20in%202018.

The poverty rate fell dramatically during the FG/Ind government, down from 9% in 2013 to 5.6% in 2018. Covid will have caused an increase in these numbers, but it will be key for the economic recovery that any decrease is quickly reversed and the numbers in poverty rapidly decrease.

The two areas where Ireland does set record-breaking numbers is in the amount of debt per household and in the percentage of households where nobody works - the inter-generational social welfare dependency problem. Addressing this latter issue through reform of the social welfare system and benefits as well as increasing the incentive to work is key to addressing the former issue as social welfare costs will come down and income tax go up meaning the debt question can be better addressed.

There's no room for the Q-anon lobby, especially if people want to have an honest discussion.
    Family homelessness quadrupled in space of six years as crisis in housing spiralled
    For the past year, the total number of homeless adults and children in the country has hovered around 10,000, more than three times the figure when the Department of Housing began standardising data collection in 2014.
    Number of homeless people drops below 10,000 amid Covid-19 measures
    “We know that there are many individuals and families who were on the brink of homelessness who have been supported to remain in their home due to the moratorium on evictions for the duration of the crisis. Once the health crisis eases, we need to ensure that there are preventative supports in place to help these families and individuals stay out of homeless emergency accommodation.”

Similarly, Focus Ireland chief executive Pat Dennigan said the fall in the number had been “widely predicted” not just because of the anti-eviction measures but also the number of Airbnb lettings coming back onto the rental market.

Seems some can cite the 'charity industry' when the figures suit but dismiss when they report how numbers that don't suit have quadrupled.

It's also important to note that evictions are only recorded as such if the person goes to court. Anyone pushed or pressured out who does not take that route is not listed as evicted. helps the numbers...

I'll continue to post these links every time unsubstantiated spin attempts to create a 'false narrative'.

Single hotel group set to sign mandatory quarantine contract
    The contract to run a mandatory hotel quarantine system is set to be signed this week with a view to having facilities up and running the following week.

RTÉ News understands that it is likely the contract will be awarded to a single hotel group.

So was it Larry or Denis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I think we should all be mortally embarassed that our Taoiseach had to ask BJ for vaccines

In further ignominy,Donnelly has sent the idea we might look for vaccines outside of the EU to a pardon my french a Fucking committee to examine the idea
    Delay delay delay untill its too late

What an absolute shower of incompetents

Nobotty wrote: »
    I think we should all be mortally embarassed that our Taoiseach had to ask BJ for vaccines

In further ignominy,Donnelly has sent the idea we might look for vaccines outside of the EU to a pardon my french a Fucking committee to examine the idea

A problem with suppliers is identified and solutions are being sought, yet they’re still incompetent? Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

A problem with suppliers is identified and solutions are being sought, yet they’re still incompetent? Are you for real?

About as far from reality as one can get Mary.

Big ads in newspapers touting a UI.

Probably to keep the schidt stirring.

• Advertisement

I'm very much for real
    A problem with suppliers?
    Similar to Hungry,Denmark Austria and Poland we could have given emergency use authorisation to Sputnik V independent of the EMA who are too slow and bureocratic
    We could also have bought extra from pfizer at a tenner a dose
    A million of those costing 10 million

Instead we are going to be locked down for the summer
    They really are a shower of incompetents

We also even in the eu process were given a chance to choose how many of the potential vaccines to order from each one
    We went in too low on pfizer

10 or 20 million would buy a lot of vaccine
    At a time our economy is shut
    Its small beer often wasted on frivolous things
    Its getting too late now
    Utter shower of incompetents

I'm very much for real
    A problem with suppliers?
    Similar to Hungry,Denmark Austria and Poland we could have given emergency use authorisation to Sputnik V independent of the EMA who are too slow and bureocratic
    We could also have bought extra from pfizer at a tenner a dose
    A million of those costing 10 million

Instead we are going to be locked down for the summer
    They really are a shower of incompetents

We also even in the eu process were given a chance to choose how many of the potential vaccines to order from each one
    We went in too low on pfizer

10 or 20 million would buy a lot of vaccine
    At a time our economy is shut
    Its small beer often wasted on frivolous things
    Its getting too late now

Imagine the outrage if we were all asked to pay for the vaccine and to have it administered! We’re getting there. Think positive. There’s enough doom and gloom around.

Imagine the outrage if we were all asked to pay for the vaccine and to have it administered! We’re getting there. Think positive. There’s enough doom and gloom around.

We ARE paying for it
    Its not free
    Taxpayers money
    The government have placed too much trust in EU bureocrats
    They dropped the ball and are slow looking for it
    Theres nothing positive about a 2nd summer of lockdown when it can/could be avoided
    All of the things I mentioned could be done
    I would be onto the Danish and Austrian pm's immediatetly to collaberate
    But oh no...we cant do that
    Shower of incompetents

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just like PUP payments Maryanne, who do you think is paying for this stuff might I ask:confused:

I see Peadar Tobin has referred to Donnelly as Comical Ali

• Advertisement

We ARE paying for it
    Its not free
    Taxpayers money
    The government have placed too much trust in EU bureocrats
    They dropped the ball and are slow looking for it
    Theres nothing positive about a 2nd summer of lockdown when it can/could be avoided
    All of the things I mentioned could be done
    I would be onto the Danish and Austrian pm's immediatetly to collaberate
    But oh no...we cant do that
    Shower of incompetents

Why would you want help from the Austrians ?

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information

So you don't pay any taxes at all?
    It's our money. Who do you think pays for everything FF or FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Doesitmatter21

Some GPs across country receiving upto 50% less than told they would get

Whos to blame? The general public, SF or GPs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Britain have offered vaccines, to anyone, after they've done their own. There are no extra vaccines at present, at least not ones approved in the EU.

Solution?
    Its not rocket science

A procurement minister,sole responsibility to get vaccines wherever once they have been approved by a reliable agency
    Pay 20 or 30 Euros a dose if necessary
    150 million versus 6 billion spent on PUP

This EU solidarity approach is the crappest system ever
    Action required immediately as its all getting a bit late and is going to cost us billions more for wave 4

Some GPs across country receiving upto 50% less than told they would get

Whos to blame? The general public, SF or GPs?

The suppliers. Enough have been ordered to fully vaccinate everyone.

The suppliers. Enough have been ordered fo fully vaccinate everyone.

From the wrong people via a broken process set up too late
    Basically imaginary doses,the delivery dates changed and amounts lowered 17 times

• Advertisement

Should we get that gig promoter lad we paid 14m to get us the bogey respirators?

Should we get that gig promoter lad we paid 14m to get us the bogey respirators?

Bit like Snoddser ,order a kilo of print cartridges, but the delivery might be a bit erratic......:cool:

Doesnt negate a thing I said
    Fact is that collaberation is going ahead
    Or are you saying we shouldnt get vaccines before Palestine?
    Poor country roll out should only be our 2nd concern
    Unless you want us pauperised by debt and 1000's more dead here at the rate the EU are treacleising procurement with bureocracy

Besides Palestine,same population,are doing better than us
    Read up a little bit :)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/state-of-palestine/

Time for our foot dragging incompetent government to pull their socks up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

"Stephen Donnelly is a like a Comical Ali"

:pac:

Donnelly gets Meme'd in the Dáil

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    "Stephen Donnelly is a like a Comical Ali"

:pac:

Donnelly gets Meme'd in the Dáil

5feab358ec90530a4c2434fa2365107ec1c4cb4f

"magic tree" another gombeen. Has anyone ever said there is a magic wand/money tree? Who writes for these shams Ireland's Own?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Eh you do know SF went on TV and asked the government to ask BJ to see if there were any spare vaccines?

Ireland is at the moment 9th (using data from 6 days ago, so it may well rank higher) out of the EU 27.
    Certainly they are not the bottom of the class, or below average. Indeed they have always been above average and nearer the top.
    The may not be number 1 or 2, but then what is the benchmark here for the perpetually outraged?

1st or else they are a 'shower of incompetents'?
    Quite a benchmark if so. People like that would and will never be happy.

markodaly wrote: »
    Eh you do know SF went on TV and asked the government to ask BJ to see if there were any spare vaccines?

Pssst, Marko. Nobotty isn't a shinner.
    When you look at it from that perspective we've a chap critical of the government vaccine roll out and in response you're talking about an opposition party. Weird right?

Pssst, Marko. Nobotty isn't a shinner.
    When you look at it from that perspective we've a chap critical of the government vaccine roll out and in response you're talking about an opposition party. Weird right?

Then if it's embarrassing for MM to ask BJ for spare vaccines, it must also be embarrassing for SF to go on TV and ask the government to go the BJ for spare vaccines.

That is the only logical conclusion here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

markodaly wrote: »

You and the other FG worshippers are actually driving more and more people towards SF. Your only response with any FG criticism is to attack SF on some tangent. It's bizarre.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement