Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options
  • 11-10-2020 8:06pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Following on from this thread

Threadbans carry over

Please remain civil or posting privileges will be removed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

truthvader wrote:
    Yep they set up here to make a profit, they supply cartloads of jobs and in return get fudgy tax deals.

Plenty to criticise perhaps (though the thousands employed by multinationals and their families wont be joining you)

The alternative is to impose higher taxes on them, they are then gone somewhere else along with their jobs.

Well, that little corporate nirvana seems to be coming to an end if the EU get their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Well, that little corporate nirvana seems to be coming to an end if the EU get their way.

Could well be true, Little reason to celebrate though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Truthvader wrote: »

We have the lowest corporation tax rate in the EU. They can’t go anywhere that they’ll pay less

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

We have the lowest corporation tax rate in the EU. They can’t go anywhere that they’ll pay less

We don't have the lowest corporation tax in the EU. SF are proposing increasing the tax paid by multinationals - in 2019 these firms were responsible for 27% of all employment, 45% of all Income Tax receipts, and paid 79% of all Corporation Tax.

SF are proposing to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Yet more nonsensical populism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Regarding multinationals, there's roughly quarter of a million employed by them in Ireland and countless 10s of 1000's of small supplier jobs tied in with them
    So No giving them an excuse to go back to America or Europe by fecking with their taxes would be very bad for jobs here and very bad for taxes here as all of those 300000 or so pay paye and prsi
    Better they doing that than be drawing the dole
    So no I'm with the majority on this one and don't approve of jeopardising if you include families, the lives of over a million people

On the Escrow apple money,the EU commission will lose that appeal
    Experts know this

https://home.kpmg/ie/en/home/insights/2020/07/eu-court-ruling-apple-tax.html

https://www.ft.com/content/1c38fdc1-c4b3-4835-919d-df51698f18c4

I think apples billions belonging to Ireland is fake news fodder anyway because even if the EU won the case or in the unlikely event they win the appeal (they're going on a tight point of law appeal),loads of other countries get the money
    They're going on or trying to go on a loophole of law because the court so comprehensively threw out their case

Make no mistake, the people driving the case are not doing so to benefit Ireland, they're hoping to get their share of the taxes/funds in escrow
    A fundamental change in Irelands treatment of multinationals too in other words
    I think any party promoting that is promoting to the big disadvantage of our country
    I don't agree with that

We don't have the lowest corporation tax in the EU. SF are proposing increasing the tax paid by multinationals - in 2019 these firms were responsible for 27% of all employment, 45% of all Income Tax receipts, and paid 79% of all Corporation Tax.

SF are proposing to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Yet more nonsensical populism.

These corporations know the goose is cooked on cooking the books. They need the marketplace and they can't keep ****ting in it from a height.
    That they'll move is a scaremongering tactic to allow them keep the avoidance game going.

These corporations know the goose is cooked on cooking the books. They need the marketplace and they can't keep ****ting in it from a height.
    That they'll move is a scaremongering tactic to allow them keep the avoidance game going.

They wouldn't give 2 hoots about the plant they leave behind or the job's
    250000 jobs is an awful lot of personal income tax versus the cost of the dole for them wouldn't be long about ruining our economy
    I just don't get how anyone bar the anarchists in pbp would be pushing disincentivising such a cushy number for our country
    You wouldn't lose all of it obviously but you'd lose a lot and certainly wouldn't attract in any more
    They'd be in brexit Britain after a trade deal is done

Nobotty wrote: »
    250000 jobs is an awful lot of personal income tax versus the cost of the dole for them wouldn't be long about ruining our economy
    I just don't get how anyone bar the anarchists in pbp would be pushing disincentivising such a cushy number for our country
    You wouldn't lose all of it obviously but you'd lose a lot and certainly wouldn't attract in any more

And that, dear friends, explains it in a nutshell.

Do you want thousands of people working, earning good salaries, paying millions into the government coffers, living the good life, mortgages, etc., or do you want the same thousands of people dependent on state handouts in the form of Dole?

Simples.

Far from anarchists across the EU that want them to pay their way. Nobody is asking them to destitute themselves. 24 billion out of Apples profits in escrow for years now, it hasn't hurt them or their cashflow or ability to trade one bit. Beggars belief what they are ferreting away.
    you can't ask joe public to pay through the nose if you allow this...simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Don't know if that's from the Francie Brady school of economics or the SF one, probably both, but that in a nutshell is why this school of thought is so dangerous.
    I hope its a solo run, like you accuse Leo of so often.

Don't know if that's from the Francie Brady school of economics or the SF one, probably both, but that in a nutshell is why this school of thought is so dangerous.
    I hope its a solo run, like you accuse Leo of so often.

The future for corporations is paying their fair share (that is all that is asked) or their trading relationship/regime will change. That seems to be the EU agenda. Nothing to do with SF that I am aware of.
    Scaremongering about moving isn't going to deter the EU it seems to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Exactly! Watch the dumb asses and Leo himself backtrack when the EU themselves levy more taxes on the multinationals.

smurgen wrote: »
    Exactly! Watch the dumb asses and Leo himself backtrack when the EU themselves levy more taxes on the multinationals.

Why do men (always men) who spend so much of the day posting about politics know so very, very little about how it actually works?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Why do men (always men) who spend so much of the day posting about politics know so very, very little about how it actually works?

Well in fairness, Mary Lou Mcdonald is female and the leader of the opposition and seems to know even less.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I just can't understand the obsession with Leo from 4 or 5 posters here everyday.

It's just leo leo leo.

Go into other threads.

Leo leo leo.

He isn't the Taoiseach anymore.

Leo leo Leo.

I just can't understand the obsession with Leo from 4 or 5 posters here everyday.

It's just leo leo leo.

Go into other threads.

Leo leo leo.

Leo leo Leo.

Reminds me of the “Ruby, Ruby, Ruby” chants in Cheltenham. Good times!

Tell us what we don't know about? You seem to have no area of expertise at all? You talk about the magic money tree etc alot but I thing FG are worse than anyone in this respect. Criminally bad tendering of processes it seem. It's almost like their friends are set to benefit johnny flash underpants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Truthvader wrote: »

Can't see the American corporates seeing any point in staying with working from home in place until at least this time next year, what point in leasing massive offices in Ireland when they can oversee the whole operation from the US. IDA isn't going to give them any grants when there is no grand openings of large buildings,

It's just leo leo leo.

Go into other threads.

Leo leo leo.

Leo leo Leo.

It's almost like he's a moron and bad for the country. Our very own trump. Just more botoxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

It's just leo leo leo.

Go into other threads.

Leo leo leo.

Leo leo Leo.

Leo's probably paying a Russian troll farm to keep himself in the headlines,

smurgen wrote: »
    Tell us what we don't know about? You seem to have no area of expertise at all? You talk about the magic money tree etc alot but I thing FG are worse than anyone in this respect. Criminally bad tendering of processes it seem. It's almost like their friends are set to benefit johnny flash underpants.

Criminally bad tendering of processes? What does that even mean? Are you suggesting that State tenders were awarded under suspicious circumstances? You'll have to explain how that could happen under the triple lock of Government, the Civil Service, and the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General, and for what tenders it happened.

Far from anarchists across the EU that want them to pay their way. Nobody is asking them to destitute themselves. 24 billion out of Apples profits in escrow for years now, it hasn't hurt them or their cashflow or ability to trade one bit. Beggars belief what they are ferreting away.
    you can't ask joe public to pay through the nose if you allow this...simple.

Francie,I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you
    Stopping big companies ferreting away money won't butter the toast of nearly a million people in families that depend on them here
    Its pie in the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Yeah but they will "get" the rich which is enough to appeal to their fanbase

Francie,I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you
    Stopping big companies ferreting away money won't butter the toast of nearly a million people in families that depend on them here
    Its pie in the sky

If it is ok with you, I will side with the EU and not you Nobotty. I think they should pay their fair share if they wish to operate and trade here. I think, actually they know this themselves.

If it is ok with you, I will side with the EU and not you Nobotty. I think they should pay their fair share if they wish to operate and trade here. I think, actually they know this themselves.

Would you be in favour of tax harmonisation across the EU?

It's just leo leo leo.

Go into other threads.

Leo leo leo.

Leo leo Leo.

Has anyone told him he isn't the Taoiseach anymore? He is on the airwaves more than the Taoiseach trying to score political points.

Have you a link to apple not obeying the laws here with regards tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Has anyone told him he isn't the Taoiseach anymore? He is on the airwaves more than the Taoiseach trying to score political points.

https://youtu.be/399syDv0bBM

• Advertisement

Is he?

Have you a link to evidence he's trying to score political points?

Or is this another theory of yours?

Fantasy actually.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement