Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

You and the other FG worshippers are actually driving more and more people towards SF. Your only response with any FG criticism is to attack SF on some tangent. It's bizarre.

It has to be a tactic. Possibly to leave FG and SF as the two blocks standing for a generation and finish FF for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

golfball37 wrote: »
    It has to be a tactic. Possibly to leave FG and SF as the two blocks standing for a generation and finish FF for good.

The traditional civil war swap might continue but with FF/FG taking turns at being one of the big two.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

golfball37 wrote: »

Yeah I don't really care. The fact is that if you cannot accept criticism in your own party or call out when they have done wrong, you make the political system even worse. Hell I actually canvassed for a FG candidate about 15 years ago. Unsuccessfully I might add ;) It never meant that I was prepared to turn a blind eye all my life. They have gone very wrong since 2011. I have seen people here defend the indefensible in order to tow the party line and it boggles the mind.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You and the other FG worshippers are actually driving more and more people towards SF. Your only response with any FG criticism is to attack SF on some tangent. It's bizarre.

I very much doubt that people who frequent and contribute on boards.ie CA discussions have their minds not made up about FG or SF.

However, the point I made still stands. But I guess the person who made is wont address the SF angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Yeah I don't really care. The fact is that if you cannot accept criticism in your own party or call out when they have done wrong, you make the political system even worse. Hell I actually canvassed for a FG candidate about 15 years ago. Unsuccessfully I might add ;) It never meant that I was prepared to turn a blind eye all my life. They have gone very wrong since 2011. I have seen people here defend the indefensible in order to tow the party line and it boggles the mind.

This is the thing up till they got elected in 2011 FG had policies that most people wanted like cutting down on quangos, tackling waiting lists and a&e wait times but when they got elected it was like a switch was switched and suddenly FG were carrying on worse than FF did and were aided and abetted by Labour. Since then FG has just gotten worse and worse and even more dangerous they a driving a policy of division in the country, you see it on here were if you speak out against their policies of their behaviour you are labelled a shinner or part of the permanently outraged or as one poster put it 'special needs'. It is sickening to see this sort of division being driven by them instead of trying to unite the country.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    This is the thing up till they got elected in 2011 FG had policies that most people wanted like cutting down on quangos, tackling waiting lists and a&e wait times but when they got elected it was like a switch was switched and suddenly FG were carrying on worse than FF did and were aided and abetted by Labour. Since then FG has just gotten worse and worse and even more dangerous they a driving a policy of division in the country, you see it on here were if you speak out against their policies of their behaviour you are labelled a shinner or part of the permanently outraged or as one poster put it 'special needs'. It is sickening to see this sort of division being driven by them instead of trying to unite the country.

2 words....'New Politics'....Complete horseshít.

markodaly wrote: »
    I very much doubt that people who frequent and contribute on boards.ie CA discussions have their minds not made up about FG or SF.

However, the point I made still stands. But I guess the person who made is wont address the SF angle.

SF aren't in bloody government and this is a FFGG thread!

2 words....'New Politics'....Complete horseshít.

Yep and remember big Phil asking people to lend them your vote well I guess people are calling in those loans now. Should have known they weren't any better when FG had an open goal in that election and still they managed to nearly make a bags of it.

SF aren't in bloody government and this is a FFGG thread!

SF NI are.

I see nobody addressed my point about the EU vaccine rollout and where Ireland ranks. Apparently, we are a shambles, yet what is the benchmark here?

SF NI are.

I see nobody addressed my point about the EU vaccine rollout and where Ireland ranks. Apparently, we are a shambles, yet what is the benchmark here?

I think your lost Mark. This is the Republic of Ireland SF are in opposition here. If you head north on the M1 you will come to Northern Ireland and I am sure you will can discuss SF in government there. This thread is about the government of the Republic of Ireland. Why do you keep trying to take this thread off topic?

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    I think your lost Mark. This is the Republic of Ireland SF are in opposition here. If you head north on the M1 you will come to Northern Ireland and I am sure you will can discuss SF in government there. This thread is about the government of the Republic of Ireland. Why do you keep trying to take this thread off topic?

Care to address my question, about benchmarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

SF NI are.

97% arent vaccinated
    Next month it will be 96
    The following will be 95
    90 by xmas
    Its a holy show and with the variants,a guarantee of more lockdowns in the summer and fall with 100s more deaths

This government are an incompetent disgrace
    You may aswell be asking about the Dubai entry in the outdoor snowman competition as talk about EU vaccination and our place in that league

Care to address my question, about benchmarks?

Can you explain why you keep trying to take a discussion about the FFG Government of the Republic Of Ireland off topic by constantly introducing off topic items like Northern Ireland? What has Northern Ireland to do with the Government of the Republic of Ireland? Or is this deliberate tactic to distract from the performance of the Government?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Nobotty wrote: »
    97% arent vaccinated
    Next month it will be 96
    The following will be 95
    90 by xmas
    Its a holy show and with the variants,a guarantee of more lockdowns in the summer and fall with 100s more deaths

Source that we are only planning to vaccinate less than 50k a month?

97% arent vaccinated
    Next month it will be 96
    The following will be 95
    90 by xmas

This government are an incompetent disgrace
    You may aswell be asking about the Dubai entry in the outdoor snowman competition as talk about EU vaccination and our place in that league

Have you got a source for these claims? Are you talking about fully vaccinated, ie 2 jabs or one vaccination ie 1st jab only.

You are aware that enough vaccines have been ordered. The problem lies with the suppliers and delivery companies.

Some facts here for you. “ How many people have been vaccinated so far?

According to Nphet, 523,069 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland as of March 6.

Some 373,149 people have received their first dose while149,920 have got their second jab.

And how does that compare with the rest of Europe?

According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), Ireland ranks well in vaccine uptake for the first dose.

9.2% of Irish adults have taken the first does, ranking only below Malta (13.5%), Denmark (10.6%) and Cyprus (9.7%).

The ECDC said that 53,509,380 doses have been distributed to EU states with 38,468,515 being administered.” https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40241510.html

Have you got a source for these claims? Are you talking about fully vaccinated, ie 2 jabs or one vaccination ie 1st jab only.

You are aware that enough vaccines have been ordered. The problem lies with the suppliers and delivery companies.

Some facts here for you. “ How many people have been vaccinated so far?

According to Nphet, 523,069 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland as of March 6.

Some 373,149 people have received their first dose while149,920 have got their second jab.

And how does that compare with the rest of Europe?

According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), Ireland ranks well in vaccine uptake for the first dose.

9.2% of Irish adults have taken the first does, ranking only below Malta (13.5%), Denmark (10.6%) and Cyprus (9.7%).

The ECDC said that 53,509,380 doses have been distributed to EU states with 38,468,515 being administered.” https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40241510.html

Yes Mary,the process is complete treacle,thank you for confirming
    We should have been sourcing vaccine at double the price like Israel
    A bargain compared to the billions on pup
    We dont even do antigen tests in schools yet (they do in the North)
    We're waiting for a 'report'...

Heres some advice from a year ago
    Yes a year ago
    Not taken of course once the vaccines became available by this incompetent government

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1238504143104421888?s=19

Yes Mary,the process is complete treacle,thank you for confirming
    We should have been sourcing vaccine at double the price like Israel
    A bargain compared to the billions on pup
    We dont even do antigen tests in schools yet (they do in the North)
    We're waiting for a 'report'...

Heres some advice from a year ago
    Yes a year ago
    Not taken of course once the vaccines became available by this incompetent government

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1238504143104421888?s=19

Sooo, you’ve got no source for your claim that only 3% are vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

SF NI are.

Mod

If you drag Sinn Fein into this thread again, you will be threadbanned at a minimum.

Sooo, you’ve got no source for your claim that only 3% are vaccinated?

This is 1 week old.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0304/1200975-hse-coronavirus-briefing/
    Around 3% of population fully vaccinated, Dept says.

Hopefully its 4% by now.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Source that we are only planning to vaccinate less than 50k a month?

Planning?
    We've had to downsize planning 17 times since january
    Keep that up and we'll not be reaching any 'target'
    At 50,000 a month ,one dose,there'll certainly be another year of this
    Hugary are using Sputnik and the chinese vaccine
    We are too slow and too timid
    Fast Fast Fast
    We need Balls,somrthing very lacking in this governments approach

• Advertisement

Why doesn't our govt adjust their vaccine supply projections/forecasts in line with previous experience? That way they don't look so incompetent when blaming supply all the time. For example if AZ commit to provide 100k doses in April but have an actual rate of 75% then the government does some risk planning and forecasts 75k doses.

I know...government and 'planning'

Thanks Cleudo
    Hungary is almost at 14% by the way

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-08/hungary-s-epidemic-turns-critical-while-vaccine-rollout-beats-eu

Because they think
    Our government doesnt
    It prefers to Waffle

As I thought. Over 10% have had the 1st vaccination, which is on par or slightly above average for the rest of Europe.

Thanks Cleudo
    Hungary is almost at 14% by the way

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-08/hungary-s-epidemic-turns-critical-while-vaccine-rollout-beats-eu

Because they think
    Our government doesnt
    It prefers to Waffle

I think you’ll find Hungary have the same % vaccinated as us! You’re comparing % of 1st vaccination with % of fully vaccinated, which is like comparing apples with elephants.

As I thought. Over 10% have had the 1st vaccination, which is on par or slightly above average for the rest of Europe.

You were given a source for the 3% figure
    97% of the population are not vaccinated
    If as is the form now,we've another 17 downward changes in the EU roll out which wouldnt surprise me,we are looking at more deaths and lockdowns to the end of the year and beyond
    Basically as a result of monumental hand sitting,let the untried and untested bureocracy of the EU at it sitting on their fat pensionable arses reading legal documents or some such
    Meanwhile its getting to late for other options
    Unbelievable incompetence

I think you’ll find Hungary have the same % vaccinated as us! You’re comparing % of 1st vaccination with % of fully vaccinated, which is like comparing apples with elephants.

They are nearly 50% ahead of us au contraire
    Of adults nearly 14%
    Where we are nearly 10%

They are nearly 50% ahead of us au contraire
    Of adults nearly 14%
    Where we are nearly 10%

At last you’re accepting that we’re on 10% and not the 3% you claimed!

At last you’re accepting that we’re on 10% and not the 3% you claimed!

Ah Mary stop messing.

10% have had their 1st dose. Many vaccines require 2 doses to be fully effective (e.g. Pfizer, the vaccine most used in Ireland to date)

No more that 4% of the population are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated is the key.

RTE claimed via the Dept of Health that it was 3% 1 week ago. I provided you the link.

Here it is again.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0304/1200975-hse-coronavirus-briefing/
    Around 3% of population fully vaccinated, Dept says

Are you disputing this fully vaccinated number now?

Correct Cluedo
    Mary is trying to present a Sows ear as a Silk purse
    Our best hope of gaining a march on Summer is Johnson andJohnson but the news around that is troubling
    Yesterday most of our doses pushed out to the end of the summer on that one

Meanwhile the EU are not enforcing Astrazenica's contract whilst they flood Brexit Britain with all it wants
    Another year wasted
    Thank you incompetent government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Planning?
    We've had to downsize planning 17 times since january
    Keep that up and we'll not be reaching any 'target'
    At 50,000 a month ,one dose,there'll certainly be another year of this
    Hugary are using Sputnik and the chinese vaccine
    We are too slow and too timid
    Fast Fast Fast
    We need Balls,somrthing very lacking in this governments approach

So no source for your claim of just under 50k vaccinations a month for the upcoming months then? That would be a massive and unexpected slow down just when we are anticipating a large ramp up of deliveries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement