Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Why would they, our Govt voted against it. The same day a new strain has been identified

But what about the Government in the north, given SF voted for it down here, I'm sure they are pushing for mandatory quarantine in the north for those that cross the board? o wait, no there aren't - wonder why that is?

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How do you know there were 4,000 and that they were non-essential travel? How do you know they are moving around the country?

Stephen Donnelly stated it in the dail yesterday.

We don't know that's the problem

But what about the Government in the north, given SF voted for it down here, I'm sure they are pushing for mandatory quarantine in the north for those that cross the board? o wait, no there aren't - wonder why that is?

Eh mandotary quarantine wasnt for n Ireland residents. It was for anyone arriving in the state from ports/airports

You knew this

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why would they, our Govt voted against it. The same day a new strain has been identified

Another new strain today?

There was a California one detected a few days ago, so what one are you talking about?

blanch152 wrote: »

There was a California one detected a few days ago, so what one are you talking about?

Great it came via the post did it?

• Advertisement

Eh mandotary quarantine wasnt for n Ireland residents. It was for anyone arriving in the state from ports/airports

You knew this

And completely useless and pointless without similar for people coming from Northern Ireland.

Throughout the pandemic, the importation of the virus across the land border has caused much more problems than the importation of the virus through ports and airports. Donegal, Monaghan and Louth have suffered far more because of that.

Great it came via the post did it?

So there wasn't a new variant identified today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The virus getting here is not the problem, the virus already here is.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0225/1199357-hse-coronavirus-ireland/

"HSE Chief Executive Paul Reid has said while there is "room for optimism" due to the vaccination roll-out, the HSE "remains concerned" at the high level of movement across the community."

""There are out higher levels of movement across society, people going to work, in transit and moving between households."

"Mr Reid also said there has been an increase in the positivity rate among close contacts over the past seven days, and that the average number of close contacts for the last seven days is 3.3 - with one person recording 38 close contacts."

Those who are wasting their breath about manadatory quarantine are ignoring the public health experts and their advice and should be concentrating on the real issues of people movement.

Director of the National Virus Reference Laboratory Dr Cillian de Gascun has said one case of the B1525 variant which was first identified in December in the UK and Nigeria has been confirmed in Ireland.

He said the reason they are potentially concerned about B1525 is because it possesses the E484K amino acid change, which has been associated with reduced response to neutralising antibodies.

The idea is to stamp out the spread, so obviously more coming in would be an issue, no?

Mr. Reid is basically an administrator, not a medical expert.
    You know full well if FF/FG came out looking to bring it in you'd be on here defending it.

And completely useless and pointless without similar for people coming from Northern Ireland.

Throughout the pandemic, the importation of the virus across the land border has caused much more problems than the importation of the virus through ports and airports. Donegal, Monaghan and Louth have suffered far more because of that.

Yes because our Govt refused to asw emails from Stormont and never really bothered their arse trying to get an all island approach

You knew this

But there is no mandatory quarantine arriving into the north's ports and/r airports - why not? Why aren't SF putting this motion forward - given that they are in power in the north - why aren't they voting for it there??

Why aren't SF demanding that the north police their side of the border and stop people from traveling south?

You stated earlier in the thread that there should be checkpoints in the south and to send people "back to where they came from".
    The Irish person should be in hotel quarantine. The person who came to Belfast and travelled here should have been met by a checkpoint our side of the border and if a tourist sent back where they came from.

You seem to be very like SF - we'll say one thing for the south, but say nothing about the north, despite them being in power in the north.

• Advertisement

So there wasn't a new variant identified today?

There was, do you read the news or just Eamonn Ryans updates

But there is no mandatory quarantine arriving into the north's ports and/r airports - why not? Why aren't SF putting this motion forward - given that they are in power in the north - why aren't they voting for it there??

Why aren't SF demanding that the north police their side of the border and stop people from traveling south?

You stated earlier in the thread that there should be checkpoints in the south and to send people "back to where they came from".

You seem to be very like SF - we'll say one thing for the south, but say nothing about the north, despite them being in power in the north.

I don't live in the North. I dont have an opinion on what they do

We need to protect our country

I voted SD first if you want to know
    There's no international arrivals into Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

All flights from Brazil and Portugal to the UK and the North are cancelled so the Brazilian strain didn't come that way, Larry's indentured servants would be my suspicion

All flights from Brazil and Portugal to the UK and the North are cancelled so the Brazilian strain didn't come that way, Larry's indentured servants would be my suspicion

Im amazed they dont know this about flights into Belfast or they do know and are trying to deflect

I don't live in the North. I dont have an opinion on what they do

We need to protect our country

I voted SD first if you want to know
    There's no international arrivals into Belfast.

No international arrivals? I can book a flight online now from New York to Belfast, via london. This idea that there is no international travel just means direct - what's stopping flights from the UK, or in my example flying to Belfast via a stop over in the UK?

So again what's stopping an individual with a deadly variant of the virus that's spreading in the UK, getting on a plane in Manchester and flying to Belfast? Nada. And until SF raise that issue in the north, they can realistically have no creditability in the south.

I also love how SF tweeted today about that vote, but have yet to tweet about their living with Covid plan - why is that?

Im amazed they dont know this about flights into Belfast or they do know and are trying to deflect

Exploitation can't be held up by a little pandemic, Keeling likely bringing in pickers again this year to a country with 25% unemployment

No international arrivals? I can book a flight online now from New York to Belfast, via london. This idea that there is no international travel just means direct - what's stopping flights from the UK, or in my example flying to Belfast via a stop over in the UK?

So again what's stopping an individual with a deadly variant of the virus that's spreading in the UK, getting on a plane in Manchester and flying to Belfast? Nada. And until SF raise that issue in the north, they can realistically have no creditability in the south.

I also love how SF tweeted today about that vote, but have yet to tweet about their living with Covid plan - why is that?

SF and SDLP tried, The unionists and alliance went against them. What do you want them to do?
    The Green Party are in the North, what are they doing?

There was, do you read the news or just Eamonn Ryans updates

Don't see anything about it in the RTE headlines. Or on the Indo website.

Are you sure it is something that important?

Sinn Fein lost all credibility on the crisis when Michelle was calling for schools to be closed when Mary-Lou was calling for pubs to be open.

The only common thread was that they were against whatever the others wanted.

Don't see anything about it in the RTE headlines. Or on the Indo website.

Are you sure it is something that important?

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1365003088151609347?s=19

Yes its important, all cases and variants are important

• Advertisement

Sinn Fein lost all credibility on the crisis when Michelle was calling for schools to be closed when Mary-Lou was calling for pubs to be open.

The only common thread was that they were against whatever the others wanted.

You still lying

Our Govt lost all credibility going against NPHET pre xmas which cost hundreds of lives

You still lying

Our Govt lost all credibility going against NPHET pre xmas which cost hundreds of lives

Go into the Covid forum and just read the posts - the majoirty on there want the government to go against NPHET again and open the country.

Go into the Covid forum and just read the posts - the majoirty on there want the government to go against NPHET again and open the country.

I dont use boards.ie to gather publics opinion

SF and SDLP tried, The unionists and alliance went against them. What do you want them to do?
    The Green Party are in the North, what are they doing?

If they are anything like the Southern version, off their faces or sleeping it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

All messing and bickering aside, it was something at least to see 4 counties report Zero cases this evening. Including Monaghan as it happens.
    A further 5 counties with fewer than 10 cases.

With 226,000 vaccines administered (150k with second shot) there is some progress.

Leaving the politicians out of it, the health EXPERTS are straining to emphasize the precarious nature of things.

Individual responsibility must kick, despite the fact you might be pissed off.
    So if you hate Donnelly, make him irrelevant and do whats needed. If you support Donnelly, do whats needed.

If they are anything like the Southern version, off their faces or sleeping it off

Or defending Govt ministers leaking confidental documents to their 'not' friend

Going against their pre election promises because they are told too by their partners

• Registered Users Posts: 8,821 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0224/1199007-mother-and-baby-homes/
    The Dáil has passed a Social Democrats motion to extend the Commission of Investigation into Mother and Baby Homes by one year.

The Government had chosen not to oppose the motion, however, it is not obliged to act on it.

Therefore the Commission will still conclude at the end of the week as scheduled.
    This afternoon, Social Democrats TD Gary Gannon requested that the Dáil allocated time to discuss giving effect to the motion. However, this was voted down by the Government.

The duplicity will not be forgotten.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

You still lying

October 2020
    MARY Lou McDonald has called for pubs to remain open.
    Sinn Fein leader McDonald said she does not underestimate Covid-19 but disagreed with a move to close pubs and restaurants.
    NPHET has recommended that indoor dining in pubs and restaurants in Dublin be banned as the county moved into Level 3 restrictions but the SF leader disagreed.
    Wet pubs - bars which do not serve food - have already had their reopening delayed further due to surging cases in the capital.
    Speaking on RTE's Today with Claire Byrne show McDonald said evidence does not suggest that restaurants and pubs are at as high of a risk for outbreaks as households.
    She said: "What we're hearing, particularly in Dublin is that there is a problem with infection in our homes, with gatherings in homes.
    "I think people have heard that message, I think therefore we need to be told what measures are needed to get a grip of that and to take the actions that keep people safe."

December
    Allowing house to house visits 'absolutely the right call' and questions the closure of pubs due to 'low risk'.

As bad as Donnelly it seems

Scum, every single one of them

• Advertisement

October 2020
    MARY Lou McDonald has called for pubs to remain open.
    Sinn Fein leader McDonald said she does not underestimate Covid-19 but disagreed with a move to close pubs and restaurants.
    NPHET has recommended that indoor dining in pubs and restaurants in Dublin be banned as the county moved into Level 3 restrictions but the SF leader disagreed.
    Wet pubs - bars which do not serve food - have already had their reopening delayed further due to surging cases in the capital.
    Speaking on RTE's Today with Claire Byrne show McDonald said evidence does not suggest that restaurants and pubs are at as high of a risk for outbreaks as households.
    She said: "What we're hearing, particularly in Dublin is that there is a problem with infection in our homes, with gatherings in homes.
    "I think people have heard that message, I think therefore we need to be told what measures are needed to get a grip of that and to take the actions that keep people safe."

December
    Allowing house to house visits 'absolutely the right call' and questions the closure of pubs due to 'low risk'.

As bad as Donnelly it seems

Always someone else to blame,when government makes a balls of stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement