Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

When the Govt are forced into this (hopefully before we get a new strain) Blanch & Co will be praising the decision

Honestly I swore I'd give up on this thread - the level of either delusion or party before anything (whoops, sorry. Forgot Blanch was a Green......) is astounding

People posting are simply deluded, WUMs or.......

If I finished that sentence with what I mean I'd be threadbanned at the very least

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1364682158393217025?s=19

Confuson
    Chaos
    Not a clue what they are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1364682158393217025?s=19

Confuson
    Chaos
    Not a clue what they are doing

Dear jaysus, you would have to ask what is going on. Do they talk to on another at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

https://twitter.com/boucherhayes/status/1364487026448478215?s=19

Flights from America still arriving, no quarantine

Who cares?

Quarantine is vital - utterly vital in the first couple of weeks of a pandemic.. useful for the first couple of months.. by this stage a bit of a futile effort.

I called for quarantine last February and was laughed out of it. 'Where would they stay?' people asked me 'In the empty hotels' I replied. 'You know how many people come through Dublin airport daily? What you are suggesting is beyond ridiculous'. That was the time for quarantine, not at this stage.

How did every party have their heads up their arses about this issue? Why did the EU fail so spectacularly? A cross-EU policy needed to be established within a few weeks of SARS round 2 being announced. Instead they just let it happen. They just blithely let everything that has happened, happen.

And sure the public couldn't be reasoned with either. They kept quoting the fact that SARS only killed 774 people like morons as if its low number of deaths wasn't a direct product of it being contained.

Why are you all trying to contain Covid now? You are a year late to the party. You are even too late to stop the Brazilian or South African variants from coming here. It is all way, way too late.
    Flu kills 100 or so people in Ireland annually. This thing has killed three people globally. It's important that the epidemiologists watch it carefully and take their preventative measures, but the sky isn't falling just yet.
    That's what I don't get. The panic. For a disease with a 2% fatality?
    China are pulling out all the stops.
    Remember when Ebola was going to kill us all? Or SARS? Or Swine Flu? Mass hysteria as usual and the media are loving it. Wait until this illness becomes boring and you won't hear anything more about it. Live your life, relax and don't believe the sensationalist nonsense out there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Who cares?

Quarantine is vital - utterly vital in the first couple of weeks of a pandemic.. useful for the first couple of months.. by this stage a bit of a futile effort.

I called for quarantine last February and was laughed out of it. 'Where would they stay?' people asked me 'In the empty hotels' I replied. 'You know how many people come through Dublin airport daily? What you are suggesting is beyond ridiculous'. That was the time for quarantine, not at this stage.

How did every party have their heads up their arses about this issue? Why did the EU fail so spectacularly? A cross-EU policy needed to be established within a few weeks of SARS round 2 being announced. Instead they just let it happen. They just blithely let everything that has happened, happen.

And sure the public couldn't be reasoned with either. They kept quoting the fact that SARS only killed 774 people like morons as if its low number of deaths wasn't a direct product of it being contained.

Why are you all trying to contain Covid now? You are a year late to the party. You are even too late to stop the Brazilian or South African variants from coming here. It is all way, way too late.

Are you an anti-mask person, now? Are you against lock down, now? It sounds like you think trying to quell or avoid the virus at this time is pointless.
    Other countries are enforcing quarantine on new arrivals.

If you didn't have the virus then and don't have it today, would there be any difference to you? Same issues apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

CarProblem wrote: »
    If I finished that sentence with what I mean I'd be threadbanned at the very least

Ah sure, you could always say it anyway and just create a new account after the threadban :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Are you an anti-mask person, now? Are you against lock down, now?

Masks are super easy. They are minimal inconvenience and don't impact services or economic activity.

Lockdown is obviously a massive drain, and I would say it was pointless if it wasn't for the fact that there's vaccines available now. We should stay in lockdown until the vaccines are administered, (though the time for this should be minimised if at all possible)
    It sounds like you think trying to quell or avoid the virus at this time is pointless.

It's pointless to try and eliminate it through containment measures, and quarantine is designed to stop a virus coming into a country, not stop the spread of a virus already in a country.

If those countries are covid free (like New Zealand) that would be well advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1364696608928071685

Catherine Connolly ripping Minister O'Gorman and the government to shreds yet again. O'Gorman has looked so so weak and afraid all week.
    Internally he must be raging but I am sure the 2 wise men in FFG are telling him he's doing a great job as a shield.

Their antics will not be forgotten. I will be glad when the week is over myself - so many emails sent :D

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Are you an anti-mask person, now? Are you against lock down, now? It sounds like you think trying to quell or avoid the virus at this time is pointless.

If you didn't have the virus then and don't have it today, would there be any difference to you? Same issues apply.

It's a problem that there are so many opinions isn't it?
    Every solution is right and every solution is, wrong.

Masks are super easy. They are minimal inconvenience and don't impact services or economic activity.

Lockdown is obviously a massive drain, and I would say it was pointless if it wasn't for the fact that there's vaccines available now. We should stay in lockdown until the vaccines are administered, (though the time for this should be minimised if at all possible)

It's pointless to try and eliminate it through containment measures, and quarantine is designed to stop a virus coming into a country, not stop the spread of a virus already in a country.

If those countries are covid free (like New Zealand) that would be well advised.

So we shouldn't have quarantine and we can trust the tourists coming here on their few weeks holidays to isolate for 14 days.

Thata actually a cracking plan to try limit the spread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Over half the nation thinking the Govt are doing a bad job.

Im surprised its so low tbh

Leo leading them back to where they where at election time as I predicted. Have a tenner on with the brother in law that it will be within 2 or 3 points.

Personally, I don't have it. I would like to keep people who do or might at more than arms length. I think that always makes sense at every stage.

It's a problem that there are so many opinions isn't it?
    Every solution is right and every solution is, wrong.

Nah, I'd follow what health experts advise.

Leo leading them back to where they where at election time as I predicted. Have a tenner on with the brother in law that it will be within 2 or 3 points.

Where they not behind SF a while back?

These polls are always a bit mad.

Over half the nation thinking the Govt are doing a bad job.

Im surprised its so low tbh

They are doing a bad job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

They are doing a bad job.

4th lowest cumulative mortality rate in EU
    3rd highest in vaccination rollout rate

Not too bad, despite the bluster.

4th lowest cumulative mortality rate in EU
    3rd highest in vaccination rollout rate

Not too bad, despite the bluster.

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1364564175687720967?s=19

People not allowed travel outside 5k, Everything cloaed bar essential services but still 500 odd cases a day and nothing stopping tourists coming here and going about as they please

Where they not behind SF a while back?

These polls are always a bit mad.

Not with IPOS/Mori.

Yep only a poll.

• Advertisement

Not with IPOS/Mori.

Yep only a poll.

Come again?

Come again?

They weren't behind with IPOS/Mori polling.

Let me spell it out, it's not that difficult.

FG are on 30% down 5 from the last poll, which put them on 35%

SF are on 28% down one from the last poll which had them on 29%

As 35% is higher than 29%, FG were ahead.
    The gap has closed to 2% from 6%

That's with the IPOS/Mori company.

https://twitter.com/colettebrowne/status/1364564175687720967?s=19

People not allowed travel outside 5k, Everything cloaed bar essential services but still 500 odd cases a day and nothing stopping tourists coming here and going about as they please

Indeed. This government is putting People before Profit.

Tourists the primary issue?? I didn't realise Monaghan, the highest rate county for months now, was such a mecca for overseas visitors. More to do with Aughnacloy than the Airport I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FFG will not be happy with that. Why were the Social Democrats not separated out? They have the same number of seats as Labour. I think they must be polling well looking at those numbers.

I wonder when this poll was taken because the last 7 days have been extremely bad for the government. And they'll be trying to escape the mother and baby home motion today.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

FFG will not be happy with that. Why were the Social Democrats not separated out? They have the same number of seats as Labour. I think they must be polling well looking at those numbers.

I wonder when this poll was taken because the last 7 days have been extremely bad for the government. And they'll be trying to escape the mother and baby home motion today.

It was taken Monday and Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mattser

Tourists the primary issue?? I didn't realise Monaghan, the highest rate county for months now, was such a mecca for overseas visitors. More to do with Aughnacloy than the Airport I'm afraid.

One would assume you'd have a greater degree of immunity in backwater places, but that does not seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

mattser wrote: »
    One would assume you'd have a greater degree of immunity in backwater places, but that does not seem to be the case.

I can see now how the lads (some from cabinet and an FG EU commissioner, and FG installed supreme judge) thought it was a good idea to head off to the "backwater" of Clifden, ignoring all the newly implemented regulations, the very day after they set them to go out golfing and then on the lash afterwards.

This would be the same mindset on display that thinks covid doesn't spread and multiply at a Garda funeral, but would at a Shinners.

Brilliant. :D

Ah thats grand so, let the tourists come on ahead

• Advertisement

There's no escaping the mother and baby homes issue. The Irish Govt in 2021 have decided to defend and try cover up what went on for decades.
    Only word for them = Scum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement