Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

There’s a difference between sick and dying. I’m obviously a tad more compassionate than you.

Personal responsibility would have been not to travel like the thousands others who never got to say goodbye to relatives. Your friend didnt give a **** and went anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There’s a difference between sick and dying. I’m obviously a tad more compassionate than you.

I agree, it's up to the individual IMO. Would find it hard telling someone not to visit. I wouldn't risk the lives of others.
    If he causes the spread of covid, any sick or dead people will be on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There’s a difference between sick and dying.

The virus knows the difference? Who knew.

Animal Farm springs to mind Maryanne with your 'personal responsibility' guff. Some should be more responsible than others.

Personal responsibility would have been not to travel like the thousands others who never got to say goodbye to relatives. Your friend didnt give a **** and went anyway
    I agree, it's up to the individual IMO. Would find it hard telling someone not to visit. I wouldn't risk the lives of others.
    If he causes the spread of covid, any sick or dead people will be on him.
    The virus knows the difference? Who knew.

Animal Farm springs to mind Maryanne with your 'personal responsibility' guff. Some should be more responsible than others.

I hope that none of you ever have to travel that journey or make that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why are FFG politicians so afraid of criticising the EU over the procurement of vaccines?
    They'd rather blame variants than ever put some blame on the EU processes.

Ireland benefitted from the EU procurement of vaccines.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-moldova-vaccine-idUSKBN2A11WA

Moldova hasn't got any vaccines yet.

There is no doubt that countries like France, Germany, Spain and Italy would have been able to do the same as the UK and muscle in on vaccine supply. They chose instead to do it through the EU, to help the smaller countries like Estonia, Cyprus, Malta, Ireland etc., who would not have the international bargaining power. That meant things went slower but it also meant that it was inclusive and we didn't end up like Moldova.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I didn't realise it was inter county.
    That said mixing in an airport is mixing in an airport/plane. Would the distance matter? On that, why on earth would people be flying intercounty during a pandemic?

There is zero mention of flying to portlaoise in that article. I don't think they have an airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,162 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nor do I. Maybe you will be more understanding yourself in future and stop blaming the people who have had to make many difficult decisions too. You being compassionate and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Nor do I. Maybe you will be more understanding yourself in future and stop blaming the people who have had to make many difficult decisions too. You being compassionate and all.

She shows zero empathy when it comes to mother and baby home survivors. Just wants the story to go away.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

Posted this in the FG thread also

Fine Gael's decade in power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

CarProblem wrote: »
    Posted this in the FG thread also

Fine Gael's decade in power

It's just an opinion piece really isn't it.
    Did anyone expect our debt to go down in the years after the crash?
    The fact we are still functioning with such ease and access to credit is a testament to good governing policy really.
    And how, would anyone have gotten us through the pandemic without adding to the debt?
    If that piece of a personal opinion throw out is your best shot, God help your wit.

• Advertisement

This is the Republic of Ireland. You said people were not allowed on flights with no tests, but your friend went without a test?
    Just like the Govt you are all over the place

Tourists are coming into Ireland no tests and going about their trip as they please. The only deterrent to them is a €100 fine if caught (tourists will go home and fine will never be paid in most instances)

You not disgusted at your friend not having personal responsibility to not fly and help stop the spread or are you not using that one anymore?

Oh deary me, are we still having these silly discussions about zero Covid.

The UK government have said there scientific advice is that zero Covid won't work. Because we have a porous land border with them, we can't impost zero Covid ourselves.

Don't get too upset, but that is the reality.

https://twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1364493254151004162?s=19

This is beyond a joke at this stage. Is it any surprise the roads are packed, kids out everywhere in groups, parks full. The govt have lost the people. Over 90% of the public say the Govt are too slow at getting the quarantine sorted (as per Claire Byrne live before one of the defenders say thats not true)

blanch152 wrote: »

The UK government have said there scientific advice is that zero Covid won't work. Because we have a porous land border with them, we can't impost zero Covid ourselves.

Did i mention zero covid. NOPE

Did any of my post relate to zero Covid.

We need hotel quarantine as 90% of the country agree in. I respect you dont think its necessary but dont say im looking for ZERO COVID cause that's a lie

So wer looking to the UK for solutions and advice now, you wouldn't know what way u will turn next

This is beyond a joke at this stage. Is it any surprise the roads are packed, kids out everywhere in groups, parks full. The govt have lost the people. Over 90% of the public say the Govt are too slow at getting the quarantine sorted (as per Claire Byrne live before one of the defenders say thats not true)

The scientists say that the lack of quarantine for travellers isn't spreading the disease.

The scientists say that the lack of quarantine for travellers isn't spreading the disease.

Any links to this?

Did i mention zero covid. NOPE

Did any of my post relate to zero Covid.

We need hotel quarantine as 90% of the country agree in. I respect you dont think its necessary but dont say im looking for ZERO COVID cause that's a lie

90% of the country agree, so what?

The scientists don't.

Any links to this?

NPHET reported on it a couple of weeks back.

90% of the country agree, so what?

The scientists don't.

NPHET agree with it

NPHET reported on it a couple of weeks back.

Thats a no

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

How did the Brazilian strain get here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭Floppybits

On a bat.:D

Thanks. Same to you. It must be terrible.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

That's a good question because in another post I told the story about my friend and his lover Carlos from Brazil who left during the first lockdown to go home, and he couldn't come back here again due to restrictions and maybe he hadn't the right documents.

But nobody unless they're refugees should be left in the country.
    Now's the right time to be letting in rufegees by the hundreds, get them tested, quarinteened and looked after.

There's lots of empty hotels and holiday rentals that could be rented out or freely available for these people who are coming from war torn countries and regions.

We should be showing an example, there's a lot of empty hotels and resorts along the west coast of Ireland, get them in and housed as soon as possible.

We need diversity.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    There is zero mention of flying to portlaoise in that article. I don't think they have an airport.

The 'tourist', 'let them in' and airport quarantine discussion, led me to believe someone flying had not been put in quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Unfortunate timing. This was on BBC yesterday.

Covid: Six new Covid cases see Isle of Man cluster rise to 25

It's just an opinion piece really isn't it.
    Did anyone expect our debt to go down in the years after the crash?
    The fact we are still functioning with such ease and access to credit is a testament to good governing policy really.
    And how, would anyone have gotten us through the pandemic without adding to the debt?
    If that piece of a personal opinion throw out is your best shot, God help your wit.

Access to credit, Grand job.
    Sure that's all we need sorting. Everything else will fall into place :rolleyes:

It's time to put up or shut up. You, following the Fine Gael lead, have been tittering and jeering people for expecting 'zero covid' for some weeks now.
    Can you quote anyone expecting 'zero covid'?
    I would imagine many thought we might wipe it out to the level of small pox etc..
    But when did this 'look at yer man, *titter* he thinks we can get zero covid *giggle*' become a thing outside of more deflection from Fine Gael?
    From the party had a health minister wax lyrically about the other 18 covids on national broadcast, it's more than a bit rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It's time to put up or shut up. You, following the Fine Gael lead, have been tittering and jeering people for expecting 'zero covid' for some weeks now.
    Can you quote anyone expecting 'zero covid'?
    I would imagine many thought we might wipe it out to the level of small pox etc..
    But when did this 'look at yer man, *titter* he thinks we can get zero covid *giggle*' become a thing outside of more deflection from Fine Gael?
    From the party had a health minister wax lyrically about the other 18 covids on national broadcast, it's more than a bit rich.

I got a great chuckle today at the poster who thought they were mocking a poster on the net, whom was mocking the FG health minister who uttered the brain fart.

You couldn't make it up. :pac:

McMurphy wrote: »
    I got a great chuckle today at the poster who thought they were mocking a poster on the net, whom was mocking the FG health minister who came uttered the brain fart.

You couldn't make it up. :pac:

It's another cynical PR stunt. Anyone complains or criticises about the covid situation, accuse them of living in fantasy 'zero covid' land.
    It's the old 'only big ejits would ask such questions' tactic, to try embarrass people into silence.

• Advertisement

Can you please point out where i said we should go for ZERO Covid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement