Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 301 ✭✭Whatisthisnow

https://twitter.com/OCallaghanCian/status/1364567343016407047?s=19

FF and FG dont care about anyone.

The Greens have joined the club

• Registered Users Posts: 7,601 ✭✭✭Floppybits

It's another cynical PR stunt. Anyone complains or criticises about the covid situation, accuse them of living in fantasy 'zero covid' land.
    It's the old 'only big ejits would ask such questions' tactic, to try embarrass people into silence.

The usual attempts to shut down debate. It must have been newly added to the FG handbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's just an opinion piece really isn't it.
    Did anyone expect our debt to go down in the years after the crash?
    The fact we are still functioning with such ease and access to credit is a testament to good governing policy really.
    And how, would anyone have gotten us through the pandemic without adding to the debt?
    If that piece of a personal opinion throw out is your best shot, God help your wit.

.... access to money....
    Also known as the magic money tree if anyone else bar FFG were looking for it.

https://twitter.com/OCallaghanCian/status/1364567343016407047?s=19

FF and FG dont care about anyone.

The Greens have joined the club

A cynical piece of work by these arrogant disgusting parties. They make a big deal about a fake apology and then treat the survivors like this. I don't know how anyone with an ounce of compassion could support these party's.

Floppybits wrote: »
    A cynical piece of work by these arrogant disgusting parties. They make a big deal about a fake apology and then treat the survivors like this. I don't know how anyone with an ounce of compassion could support these party's.

They are just scum and they see anyone who dosnt agree with them as below them

• Advertisement

They are just scum and they see anyone who dosnt agree with them as below them

It's the arrogance of them and they hate it,as we can see on here, when they are questioned. Instead of answering the questions to go straight to the handbook to pull out the usual excuses like nothing to see here, the public are not interested, but SF made us do it and the magic money tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Anyone listening to Drivetime?
    It seems the mandatory hotel quarantining plan is falling apart already. The Gardai in particular are very unhappy that they haven't been consulted on it by anyone. The AGSI have asked McEntee for a meeting for weeks but were ignored.

More chaos on the horizon.

Nobody from government was available to come on Radio 1 and explain the quarantine plan. No surprise there.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Anyone listening to Drivetime?
    It seems the mandatory hotel quarantining plan is falling apart already. The Gardai in particular are very unhappy that they haven't been consulted on it by anyone. The AGSI have asked McEntee for a meeting for weeks but were ignored.

More chaos on the horizon.

Are you surprised? The government don't want to do it and similar to the cynical nasty tactics used today they are doing the same here. There is a name for the members of this government but can't say it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭CarProblem

It's just an opinion piece really isn't it.

It is - a lot of factual information within it however
    Did anyone expect our debt to go down in the years after the crash?

Over the period 2011-19 (pre Covid) based on the level of increase in govt income with a "fiscally conservative" party at the wheel? I did
    The fact we are still functioning with such ease and access to credit is a testament to good governing policy really

It's a "credit" to the ECB and ZIRP
    And how, would anyone have gotten us through the pandemic without adding to the debt?

I focused more on the period to 2019 when many economic commentators warned (pre Covid) of the spectre of recession in the EU
    If that piece of a personal opinion throw out is your best shot, God help your wit.

So if the IT pushed an opinion piece by govt lickspittles such as Stephen Collins or Pat Leahy we'll ignore those too - understood

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The new generation of FF/FG can add themselves to the FF/FG state that was complicit with and covered for the religious orders in selling babies and abusing women and children for decades.
    The Greens are along for the pensions.

The new generation of FF/FG can add themselves to the FF/FG state that was complicit with and covered for the religious orders in selling babies and abusing women and children for decades.

That's exactly right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

CarProblem wrote: »
    It is - a lot of factual information within it however

Over the period 2011-19 (pre Covid) based on the level of increase in govt income with a "fiscally conservative" party at the wheel? I did

It's a "credit" to the ECB and ZIRP

I focused more on the period to 2019 when many economic commentators warned (pre Covid) of the spectre of recession in the EU

So if the IT pushed an opinion piece by govt lickspittles such as Stephen Collins or Pat Leahy we'll ignore those too - understood

How'd you think any party was going to finance their election promises in 2020?
    Did you think any of them were going to do all they said without borrowing and increasing the national debt, and if so how?

It's naieve stuff you're posting there.

It's clear the government were facing an internal revolt. Their actions are utter cowardice. They are just digging a bigger hole for themselves. Idiots.

It's clear the government were facing an internal revolt. Their actions are utter cowardice. They are just digging a bigger hole for themselves. Idiots.

They don't do accountability. Sadly this leaves the survivors being abused further.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

They don't do accountability. Sadly this leaves the survivors being abused further.

Absolutely disgusting, and the greens too, supposedly they're all for social justice, I am not on Facebook but I remember a friend of mine showed me a poor excuse on Facebook from a member of the green party over the last vote, and they were trying to worn themselves out of it.
    I deleted them from Instagram,an absolute turn coat.

These people are not what you think they are,I'm a devils advocate and time after time I've seen it again and agai

I wouldn't trust them,all the pandering to the left and justice for all.
    The next thing they go against the moral fabric of society.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1364550356596883457?s=19

Im sure every single one of them is isolating at home or had their 5 day test done and anyone who hasnt will have been visited by the Gardai and fined

Thats what we are meant to believe isnt it?

https://twitter.com/boucherhayes/status/1364487026448478215?s=19

Flights from America still arriving, no quarantine

• Registered Users Posts: 27,438 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1364550356596883457?s=19

Im sure every single one of them is isolating at home or had their 5 day test done and anyone who hasnt will have been visited by the Gardai and fined

Thats what we are meant to believe isnt it?

There are about 13,000 hotel rooms in Dublin, we had nearly 11,000 arriving in one week, that means 22,000 over two weeks, who will all need to be in hotel rooms under quarantine at the same time. Where will the other 9,000 fit, and why should hotel workers have to risk their lives?

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are about 13,000 hotel rooms in Dublin, we had nearly 11,000 arriving in one week, that means 22,000 over two weeks, who will all need to be in hotel rooms under quarantine at the same time. Where will the other 9,000 fit, and why should hotel workers have to risk their lives?

The quarantine will stop them. There is no need for all these people to be coming into our country, they are not all essential workers

Do they all have to stay in Dublin hotels. They can be bused to most parts of the country in a couple of hours

Why should i risk my life going to tesco when i could bump into one of these tourists. You will find the majority of hotel workers would be delighted to be back working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Do they all have to stay in Dublin hotels. They can be bused to most parts of the country in a couple of hours

Why should i risk my life going to tesco when i could bump into one of these tourists. You will find the majority of hotel workers would be delighted to be back working

You're afraid to go to tescos in case you meet a tourist and you think hotel workers are mad to get back to work to serve them?
    Do you know how, much your average hotel worker is paid?
    Do you think they're much better off working compared to the pup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

You're afraid to go to tescos in case you meet a tourist and you think hotel workers are mad to get back to work to serve them?

Arent they meant to stay in their rooms, food left at the door, minimal staff needed

What about the airport staff, is it ok for them to have to risk catching it from tourists who are not meant to be coming here.

All people staying in hotel will be sent directly to rooms. Food trays and anything needed will be left at the door. Staff will have zero contact with them directly

I guarantee if the staff don't want to work, the hotel would have plenty of applications

• Registered Users Posts: 16,241 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

More than a student Nurse?

TBH I'm suprised Larry and Denis aren't all over this buying up shares in hotels and putting a word in.

How'd you think any party was going to finance their election promises in 2020?

Interestingly I posted about the period 2011-19 but to answer your question I didn't believe any of the manifestos
    Did you think any of them were going to do all they said without borrowing and increasing the national debt, and if so how?

See above - I didn't trust manifestos. As an aside Ireland has a huge spending problem - we probably spend more than enough to have world class services etc., it's just wasted spent poorly
    It's naieve stuff you're posting there.

You're right I was naive in 2011 to think a so called "fiscally conservative/responsible" party wouldn't

- tax the bejaysus out of a small number of people while allowing 750k+ workers to pay zero
    - increase the dole in a period of full employment (increasing the dole by more than someone on the average wage was given in two budgets)
    - waste the increase in government revenue by having the fastest growth in real govt expenditure in the EU15 from 2016-19 while not improving services

To be fair I fully expected them to continue bribing the OAP cohort

So fool me once and all that - I won't be naive with respect to FG again

Why should hotel workers have to risk their lives?

Is this your new deflection point Blanch? Really? Suppose it beats accusing people of racism and homophobia when they (justifiably) criticise that snake Varadkar

Anyhow - I listened to an interview with a UK jockey quarantining in an Australian hotel. Zero contact with staff - confined to his room with food left at the door. Again other countries have successfully managed this, we can just follow good practice and learn from other places (a thing we've stubbornly refused to do so far).

(Trying to anticipate more deflection and excuses) You probably can't eliminate 100% of risk but it's the same in a number of jobs. You have to set strict protocols and stick to them - based on your comment above do you think medical staff, supermarket workers, bus drivers should be risking their lives?

• Advertisement

CarProblem wrote: »
    Is this your new deflection point Blanch? Really? Suppose it beats accusing people of racism and homophobia when they (justifiably) criticise that snake Varadkar

Anyhow - I listened to an interview with a UK jockey quarantining in an Australian hotel. Zero contact with staff - confined to his room with food left at the door. Again other countries have successfully managed this, we can just follow good practice and learn from other places (a thing we've stubbornly refused to do so far).

(Trying to anticipate more deflection and excuses) You probably can't eliminate 100% of risk but it's the same in a number of jobs. You have to set strict protocols and stick to them - based on your comment above do you think medical staff, supermarket workers, bus drivers should be risking their lives?

When the Govt are forced into this (hopefully before we get a new strain) Blanch & Co will be praising the decision

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement