Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

froog wrote: »
    CNN saying the exit poll represents both early voters and late.

In the one day. They're pretty pointless in trying to predict a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭omega man

Overheal wrote: »
    101.9 million. 74% of all votes cast in 2016.

So I guess this can’t be factored in exit polls then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,847 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

There is an election counting progress tracker here, if anyones interested:
    https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/us-election-2020-results-20201102-p56ars.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

christ i flicked on to fox news to see what they're up to. a special edition of the five with gutfeld showing funny animal videos. i **** you not.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

eagle eye wrote: »
    Where are you getting this crap from?
    I'm a regular visitor to the US with lots of friends over there as I used to live there. Ordinary, decent hardworking people have had less money in the last two years than at any time they remember.

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1323757221784641537

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,211 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    We have 2 here FG and FF
    Huh?
    SF got biggest vote share last time?
    Greens have seats
    Independents
    PBP
    Social democrats

• Registered Users Posts: 23,549 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hurrache wrote: »
    In the one day. They're pretty pointless in trying to predict a winner.

538 explained that the reason it's not a good technique is because it's randomly ringing people who may not have even voted.

Whereas an actual exit poll surveys those who have definitely voted. On the day that leans republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

41% are saying they are better off now than 4 years ago. 20% saying worse.

Would love if we had polls like that here.

41% are saying they are better off now than 4 years ago. 20% saying worse.

Would love if we had polls like that here.

In other words, a majority say their financial situation hasn't improved under Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,564 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I just seen that the proud boys " the so called white supremacist organisation" that Trump told to stand back amd stand by are run by a Black Hispanic man,
    Am i missing ng something? How are they considered white supremacist?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Registered Republicans have cast more votes in Florida. We don't know who they exactly voted for but logic says Trump. Reports by some Trump up by 200,000 votes.. With two hours to go, and if correct, Biden needs a surge from his supporters to win that state.

These metrics are not confirmed till we see the official vote tallies later!

That's not entirely correct. There are about 2 million independent/non-affiliated votes that aren't included in those figures. Common consensus indicates that Republicans need about a 3.5% cushion to counter the probable Democratic leaning of those numbers. Those numbers also don't include Miami-Dade which is Democrat, so Florida is still very much in play.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

All polls? Which ones - Genuinely curious, as I can't see many saying Trump winning in Florida.

There are a fair few floating around twitter under the #Florida tag.

Can't speak for their reliability; most of them are very adamant Trump supporters (such as Election Wizard etc.)

I personally don't trust them; but I find it interesting that even the people who are really on Trump's side are predicting such a slim win and not a larger one. That doesn't sit well for him.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That definitely suggests an "on the day" skew Republican - The data for that same question was nothing like that about 2 weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong , quite a few said that things were better , but nothing like those figures..

Trump even tweeted about them as they were relatively positive..

Kentucky and Indiana (the first states) will, of course, go to Trump at the top of the hour.

But will Trump be racking up as much vote in rural counties as 2016? That will be interesting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

Yes, that's a 9 point swing to college educated voters.

This also implies changes in rural voter turnout where education levels are typically lower and that is a negative for Trump.

Yes, and if you split these two demographics by race you get to those who define this election in a nutshell:

College educated white voters - anti Trump vote.
    Non college educated white voters - pro Trump vote.

If that 9 point swing is accurate it could be an indicator that the anti Trump depth of feeling is stronger than the pro Trump feeling.

I still think the sheer weight of numbers of Trumps demographic will see him through, but no doubt about, if I was Trump those figures would worry me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Black Hawk Down

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    They don't really though..

56% of Americans said they were better off now, even in the middle of a pandemic, then under Obama/Biden 4 years ago. I think we can safely assume that a big chunk of this will be down to what they have in their bank a/c at the end of the month.

Like it or not, millions of Americans are voting for Trump primarily because of his excellent work on the economy. And the realisation that a Biden administration is very likely to destroy those economic gains.

Biden's flip flopping on issues like fracking and fossil fuels, and the constant bickering in general with the DNC about the green new deal etc, is driving many people away from them. Not to mention all the peaceful protestors! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    That definitely suggests an "on the day" skew Republican - The data for that same question was nothing like that about 2 weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong , quite a few said that things were better , but nothing like those figures..

Trump even tweeted about them as they were relatively positive..

I'd agree with you, the exit poll data is out of kilter with what we have seen in recent weeks.

Although CNN say it includes early voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Where are we all watching this? Sky/CNN/BBC/Al Jazeera? What will have the least amount of bias? :pac:

I just seen that the proud boys " the so called white supremacist organisation" that Trump told to stand back amd stand by are run by a Black Hispanic man,
    Am i missing ng something? How are they considered white supremacist?

He's a black Hispanic white supremacist..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Where are we all watching this? Sky/CNN/BBC/Al Jazeera? :pac:

Yes

• Advertisement

The exit poll results based on the various topics are not good for Trump anyway, topics being the environment, federal government, Obama care, Roe Vs Wade don't reflect his stance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Lawlesz wrote: »
    Where are we all watching this? Sky/CNN/BBC/Al Jazeera? What will have the least amount of bias? :pac:

2016 Fox had the best neutral coverage, Brett Baier and Megan Kelly - will hop on their soon, I'd assume it'll be Baier and Martha MacCallum

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Yes

Thanks, next time don't bother

• Registered Users Posts: 37,670 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

56% of Americans said they were better off now, even in the middle of a pandemic, then under Obama/Biden 4 years ago. I think we can safely assume that a big chunk of this will be down to what they have in their bank a/c at the end of the month.

Like it or not, millions of Americans are voting for Trump primarily because of his excellent work on the economy. And the realisation that a Biden administration is very likely to destroy those economic gains.

Biden's flip flopping on issues like fracking and fossil fuels, and the constant bickering in general with the DNC about the green new deal etc, is driving many people away from them. Not to mention all the peaceful protestors!
    Laugh at this folks, don't bother responding.

CNN now saying poll says clear majority support Obamacare and that the Supreme Court should not overturn it.

Confusion everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

He's a black Hispanic white supremacist..

Theyre the worst

CNN 60% in exit poll say they are dissatisfied with the federal government. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭endainoz

2016 Fox had the best neutral coverage, Brett Baier and Megan Kelly - will hop on their soon, I'd assume it'll be Baier and Martha MacCallum

Best joke of the night so far.

CNN now saying poll says clear majority support Obamacare and that the Supreme Court should not overturn it.

Confusion everywhere

It's not a CNN poll though, Fox already went through the same results before CNN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

eagle eye wrote: »
    Laugh at this folks, don't bother responding.

Says the man who said there's zero chance Biden wins a couple months back because he's too old and Trump would walk it.

You flip and flop depending on what the trends say while placing your assertiveness on others, it's not a good look.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement