Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Mad.

It's either one or the other.

Not a great choice.

Hence it's been a kleptocracy for so long, the establishment was truly bipartisan until Trump came along. At the very least it will cause some disruption to that long term neocon reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

It's funny to see these new accounts spending all this time to write tripe that nobody will read.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

So when will Florida be called? 01:30 Irish time?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Drumpot wrote: »
    I know it’s an exit poll but it’s usually 43% that are hardcore one or the other. Would of expected less then 48% supporting Trump on that, this is more then his base.

It also only talks to people voting today so it skews republican quite a bit..

It does not reflect the millions who have already voted.

Exit polls may not be as good an indicator this year as they might have been in the past given the volumes of early voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    So when will Florida be called? 01:30 Irish time?

My friend said around 3, will it be that early?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I know it’s an exit poll but it’s usually 43% that are hardcore one or the other. Would of expected less then 48% supporting Trump on that, this is more then his base.

Because his base is possibly over represented in the sample.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    We have 2 here FG and FF

But we get coalitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So who we think roght now whos going to win thos whole thing

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It also only talks to people voting today so it skews republican quite a bit..

It does not reflect the millions who have already voted.

Exit polls may not be as good an indicator this year as they might have been in the past given the volumes of early voting.

I’d forgotten about that, massive postal votes, prob mostly democrat... Good point .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Wow Biden camp saying just now thwy dont need Florida to win, Sounds like they concededing that Florida will be Trumps

Registered Republicans have cast more votes in Florida. We don't know who they exactly voted for but logic says Trump. Reports by some Trump up by 200,000 votes.. With two hours to go, and if correct, Biden needs a surge from his supporters to win that state.

These metrics are not confirmed till we see the official vote tallies later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Everything iv'e seen thus far points to a big win in Florida for the president.

Thought you were off to bed?

If you're staying put, why not post up everything you've seen that points to a big win in Florida for Trump? Anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

CNN saying the exit poll represents both early voters and late.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

eagle eye wrote: »
    Where are you getting this crap from?
    I'm a regular visitor to the US with lots of friends over there as I used to live there. Ordinary, decent hardworking people have had less money in the last two years than at any time they remember.

Family, friends acquaintances and more importantly the cold hard figures. Average hourly earnings in 2016 - $25.27. Average hourly earnings in 2020 - $30.

Inflation is 1.6% so a healthy increase for earnings all in all. This may end up being an uncomfortable truth for many before the night is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

I was expecting the exit polls to give percentages of votes given to each candidate, like our exit polls. The CNN polls seem to be a series of questions. Maybe it's because there are still polling booths open across the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I’d forgotten about that, massive postal votes, prob mostly democrat... Good point .

Would they not just poll the same amount of each?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,851 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

froog wrote:
    CNN saying the exit poll represents both early voters and late.

How could it represent late voters on the west coast?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Terrifying exit poll for Biden campaign if it is accurate. If people are voting on the economy then that's a positive for Trump. Like it or not, most people have more money in their back pocket now than four years ago.

However a big caveat to the exit poll - surely it is oversampling Republicans given the early voting? So how valuable actually is it?

They don't really though..

Analysis of the Tax data for 2019 , the 1st full tax year after the big tax cuts and before Covid showed that 57% of Americans had less money (not much , about $400 a year) than in the last full tax year under Obama (2016).

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Everything iv'e seen thus far points to a big win in Florida for the president.

I'm seeing him winning there too according to all polls etc. but not by a huge margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Guy on CNN just said the exit poll included all voters (both early and voters today)

Quin_Dub wrote:
    Analysis of the Tax data for 2019 , the 1st full tax year after the big tax cuts and before Covid showed that 57% of Americans had less money (not much , about $400 a year) than in the last full tax year under Obama (2016).

And everything was more expensive.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    How could it represent late voters on the west coast?

i think they mean both voters from the last week and voters so far today from certain states. polls are all still open of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    I'm seeing him winning there too according to all polls etc. but not by a huge margin.

All polls? Which ones - Genuinely curious, as I can't see many saying Trump winning in Florida.

Given that they appear to not be "exit polls" as I'd understand them - A guy standing in car-park of the school asking people how they voted on the way out.

I actually don't now how these work - Are they just like a regular poll, just taken today and only asking people that have actually voted?

Does anyone know?

Not sure really. Is there suggestions that a lot of people will vote for Trump and say Biden if asked.

These exit polls are great viewing for the Trump base if they are a reasonably balanced Indication of voters preference.

are they not allowed to ask directly who you voted for in exit polls?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

Guy on CNN just said the exit poll included all voters (both early and voters today)

Wasn’t there something like 100m mail in votes?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭hometruths

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Sky News reporting that college educated voters are up 5% and non-college educated voters are down 4%.

That’s good news for Biden.

That could be very significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

schmittel wrote: »
    That could be very significant.

Yes, that's a 9 point swing to college educated voters.

This also implies changes in rural voter turnout where education levels are typically lower and that is a negative for Trump.

Amazing that people are putting up stuff about Trump looking like winning states and when asked questions they don't respond.

I'm really surprised........................NOT!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,009 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

omega man wrote: »
    Wasn’t there something like 100m mail in votes?

101.9 million. 74% of all votes cast in 2016.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement