Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Also wondering the same! I found their channel, but no livestream on it.

You can stream from their website

eeepaulo wrote: »
    I havent a clue either, but CNN have a big countdown clock on a jumbo screen in the studio, must be important.

its only for their hourly bloody exit poll questionnaires, not even estimated figures

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Four more years incoming.

If that is the case then they only have themselves to blame putting such a weak candidate up against such a weak president.

Imagine losing to Trump in a year that has shown so many times how terrible a president and a person he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

Terrifying exit poll for Biden campaign if it is accurate. If people are voting on the economy then that's a positive for Trump. Like it or not, most people have more money in their back pocket now than four years ago.

However a big caveat to the exit poll - surely it is oversampling Republicans given the early voting? So how valuable actually is it?

That's a great point actually, I hadn't thought about that. When you think about it the sample isn't from the 100 million who have already voted. So great exit polls are probably useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Terrifying exit poll for Biden campaign if it is accurate. If people are voting on the economy then that's a positive for Trump. Like it or not, most people have more money in their back pocket now than four years ago.

However a big caveat to the exit poll - surely it is oversampling Republicans given the early voting? So how valuable actually is it?

538 are warning not to take exit polls seriously this time given the early vote tally precisely because same day voting will be skewed republican.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If that is the case then they only have themselves to blame putting such a weak candidate up against such a weak president.

Imagine losing to Trump in a year that has shown so many times how terrible a president and a person he is.

It has been a sight to behold, the physical and intellectual propping up of Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

omega man wrote: »
    I find that amazing. If that’s in any way accurate it says a lot and would have to give the Trump camp a boost.

It's showing that a majority disagree with how he's handling it, despite the repeated claims he's managed it better than any other country and that it's suppressed, by what's likely majority of republican voters polled.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Overheal wrote: »

It is true but not something they wanted to be saying
    Looks lile the tide is turning Red

Will Doanld pull it off again surely not

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

He’s a terrible person but did lots of good as a president too. The bottom line is that more Americans are better off now. Never underestimate the significance of that.

I expect a Trump win. Have done for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

CNN nervous by a few of the exit polls.

Effectively 48% think Trump is doing a good job handling the virus. Thats shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Is it basically republican or democrats when you vote in America?

As in here we have 10 or so parties.

Is it just 2 there, and you pick one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Sky News reporting that college educated voters are up 5% and non-college educated voters are down 4%.

That’s good news for Biden.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Drumpot wrote: »

Effectively 48% think Trump is doing a good job handling the virus. Thats shocking.

How is it shocking? It’s American politics in a nutshell. Pure tribalism. Red? Trump good job. Blue. Trump bad job.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I'm watching them too.

If CNN isn't confident about a Biden victory then Jesus Christ he's done. :eek:

So a minority, likely to be mostly republicans, think he's done a good job. In an exit poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That really says it all about America. They do deserve whatever they get. Bizarre attitudes they have.

Kanye would probably have had a chance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea there's often a third party option, recently like a libertarian type. Don't think there's one this time which should help Trump if that's the case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Which candidate quality mattered most?

Is a strong leader - 32%
    Has good judgment - 24%
    Cares about people like me - 21%
    Can unite the country - 19%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

Aren't exit polls more likely to include Trump voters as a higher proportion of Biden voters have voted already?

Good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Wow Biden camp saying just now thwy dont need Florida to win, Sounds like they concededing that Florida will be Trumps

Everything iv'e seen thus far points to a big win in Florida for the president.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

How long have I been telling people this? Its not a bit shocking at all

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There are other parties like the greens and the libertarians but nothing substantial alas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,278 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yea there's often a third party option, recently like a libertarian type. Don't think there's one this time which should help Trump if that's the case.

Mad.

It's either one or the other.

Not a great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

We have 2 here FG and FF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Going mad Bernie isn't a candidate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Black Hawk Down

touts wrote: »
    CNN poll has it very tight on some issues.

Top issue:
    Economy 34%
    Racial Inequality 21%
    Corona virus 18%
    Crime 11%

Economy and Crime are republican issues and they are ahead of Race and Virus.

How are efforts going to contain virus
    Well 48%
    Badly 51%
    That's a lot tighter than reality where the effort has been a ****show.

It's going to be tight lads. Trump isn't out of this yet.

Millions of Americans are really getting behind the president's positive rhetoric about the virus. Not hiding away, and trying to get on with life.

You have to remember, that is the American way. They do not like to have weak messages coming out from the president. Biden is looking weak on the virus, from the perspective of the can-do American spirit.

Although I would take most polls around this election with a pinch of salt, I'm really not surprised at all to see that people are reasonably happy with the Covid response.

The US is quite a unique country in terms of this virus too. They get huge amounts of traffic in and out of their borders compared with other countries, so it's reasonable to expect that their numbers would be slightly higher than other nations.

Trump doing such a great job beating the virus himself, will have given his re-election a huge boost too. Seeing your commander in chief beat the virus like a boss in his 70's and get back on the campaign trail, is great PR for any leader. Not bowing to media pressure about wearing a mask 24/7 also makes him look strong, as he doesn't take any crap from the media!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭maebee

Commentator on the CNN panel referring to the last 4 years said "people (I missed which area) are more likely to vote for Kermit the frog than Donald Trump"

Go Kermit 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

FutureGuy wrote: »
    How is it shocking? It’s American politics in a nutshell. Pure tribalism. Red? Trump good job. Blue. Trump bad job.

I know it’s an exit poll but it’s usually 43% that are hardcore one or the other. Would of expected less then 48% supporting Trump on that, this is more then his base.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Like it or not, most people have more money in their back pocket now than four years ago.
    Where are you getting this crap from?
    I'm a regular visitor to the US with lots of friends over there as I used to live there. Ordinary, decent hardworking people have had less money in the last two years than at any time they remember.

• Advertisement

I think there's about 5 on the list today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement