Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭hometruths

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Unless the margin is razor thin, I think the lawyers will be sent in then and he won't concede.

Sure if it is razor thin like Gore/Bush he won't concede, as I said earlier but if it is clear cut he will.

If there is 1% in it or more I think he will concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭cave_dweller

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Unless the margin is razor thin, I think the lawyers will be sent in then and he won't concede.

I agree with schmittel, if Trump loses enough key states he'll concede. He likes to say some wild stuff and get everyone riled up but he'll concede if he has clearly lost. If it's close though, he will do everything he can to make it into a dogfight.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hurrache wrote: »
    So shrewd that he failed, repeatedly, to be elected to his own parliament, getting beaten by people dressed in styrofoam suits.

Trolling is just not what it used to be.
    A dolphin beat him lol

He is the definition of a grifter.
    He tries to project this man of the people BS because he drinks and smokes fags.
    All the while being an ex banker, who did feck all and barely turned up when an MEP, when he could have made a real difference with regards farming, fishing etc.
    He made sure his kids got the German passports before brexit anyway, and didn't he apply for one himself? Lol

The fact he is all Trump could dredge up to support him says a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Trump in the white house stealing the copper wire and bath robes.

rubbing his arse on the oval office carpet like a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

optogirl wrote: »
    But jaysus what if it's a bag of coal

With the price of a bag these days, that'd be an extravagant Christmas present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trump looks very likely to take Florida at this point.
    Asked these questions of the last person making this claim.
    What time do polls close?
    What percentage voted by mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,292 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Trump looks very likely to take Florida at this point.

Biden needed a bigger early vote lead to have a realistic shot.

States like Nevada will be very interesting. If Trump is going to get a big winning margin to avoid contests in court, then he might need to take somewhere like Nevada. But it's looking possible. And it really shouldn't be, but Trump is on track for a number of potential upsets against the polls.

Btw, I think the young turks are doing a live show on their youtube channel, if anyone is interested. I might tune into that, just to see if they go into meltdown again when Trump wins like in 2016. :)
    Where are you seeing that Trump is very likely to take Florida from?
    Where are you seeing he is on track for a number of upsets exactly?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there a YT link to watch CNN live?

Also wondering the same! I found their channel, but no livestream on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Trump in the white house stealing the copper wire and bath robes.

He's probably already sold the whitehouse three times, he's just putting a wall around lafayette square so he can sell that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1323748667405131778?s=19

Wow. Is this our first indication? You'd think it would be a lot higher. Interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

eeepaulo wrote: »
    CNN, although it looks like a cnn opinion poll

48% think USA is handling the pandemic well???

new countdown 53 minutes until first polls close

I find that amazing. If that’s in any way accurate it says a lot and would have to give the Trump camp a boost.

gmisk wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that Trump is very likely to take Florida from?
    Where are you seeing he is on track for a number of upsets exactly?

He's currently leading in Florida by roughly 180,000 according to a few polls but there's nothing substantial yet.

john king is an absolute machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭touts

CNN poll has it very tight on some issues.

Top issue:
    Economy 34%
    Racial Inequality 21%
    Corona virus 18%
    Crime 11%

Economy and Crime are republican issues and they are ahead of Race and Virus.

How are efforts going to contain virus
    Well 48%
    Badly 51%
    That's a lot tighter than reality where the effort has been a ****show.

It's going to be tight lads. Trump isn't out of this yet.

touts wrote: »
    CNN poll has it very tight on some issues.

Top issue:
    Economy 34%
    Racial Inequality 21%
    Corona virus 18%
    Crime 11%

Economy and Crime are republican issues and they are ahead of Race and Virus.

Well 48%
    Badly 51%

surprised about the economy being top. worrying, but biden closed to almost even on that topic the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,582 ✭✭✭✭briany

Which news outlet is going to have the fanciest graphics and presentation tonight? Stuff like giant interactive touchscreens, or maybe even some holograms?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Wow Biden camp saying just now thwy dont need Florida to win, Sounds like they concededing that Florida will be Trumps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Four more years incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sean Hannity always the bastion of critical thinking,

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1323677769809670144?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Aren't exit polls more likely to include Trump voters as a higher proportion of Biden voters have voted already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

touts wrote: »
    Well 48%
    Badly 51%

I'm hoping those exit polls are misleading in the context of the total vote given the numbers who had voted before today.

In and of themselves, they are worrying from a Dem perspective.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭hometruths

froog wrote: »
    surprised about the economy being top. worrying, but biden closed to almost even on that topic the last few weeks.

Pretty much every single swing state poll that has asked about voter issues has had the economy on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

omega man wrote: »
    I find that amazing. If that’s in any way accurate it says a lot and would have to give the Trump camp a boost.
    Dont more Republicans than Democrats vote on election day therefore giving the trump camp an edge in exit polls which may not filter down?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

touts wrote:
    How are efforts going to contain virus Well 48% Badly 51% That's a lot tighter than reality where the effort has been a ****show.
    Where are these questions being asked?
    Like it's only 2pm on the west coast.

Wow Biden camp saying just now thwy dont need Florida to win, Sounds like they concededing that Florida will be Trumps

It's a factual statement:

https://observablehq.com/@observablehq/electoral-college-decision-tree?fbclid=IwAR1qr8AZNZ8JVNrwh3swiVqUNgELLuAE_VCMp3wm5p--UF77INaxhwfkBcs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,467 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Terrifying exit poll for Biden campaign if it is accurate. If people are voting on the economy then that's a positive for Trump. Like it or not, most people have more money in their back pocket now than four years ago.

However a big caveat to the exit poll - surely it is oversampling Republicans given the early voting? So how valuable actually is it?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Four more years incoming.

I have that feeling too. Biden is just too unlikable for the majority of Americans to stomach. Not that Trump is the least bit likable either IMO but he's appealing to certain demographics (regular blue-collar workers, hardcore christians etc.) and he's holding onto that. I think he'll pull through; be surprised if he did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,336 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

omega man wrote: »

Like Brexit again. Why do turkeys vote for Christmas? They bring the ridicule on themselves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭endainoz

ABC news has a live stream. As does CBS and NBC. Al jazeera will probably cover it too. If channel 4 have some coverage it might be worth watching.

• Advertisement

Terrifying exit poll for Biden campaign if it is accurate. If people are voting on the economy then that's a positive for Trump. Like it or not, most people have more money in their back pocket now than four years ago.

However a big caveat to the exit poll - surely it is oversampling Republicans given the early voting? So how valuable actually is it?

Not sure that tells us much

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2020-10-21/poll-biden-pulls-ahead-of-trump-on-handling-of-economy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement