Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

vojiwox wrote: »
    I think there was a lot of hope too though.

As a naive person as I am I've often thought of the same thing here in Ireland. Why are these ex-teachers and other failed professionals running our country. Get some successful business men in to run this country! Some people to tell it like it is. No politics.

Alas Trump delivered on no front. Just created his own swamp.

I think this was the biggest disappointment, you kind of expect a president to move beyond the election rhetoric, but it started arguing over his inauguration crowds and never stopped. On top of that every policy decision was taken using some sort of neanderthal brain, "Wall" (didn't work), "tax cuts" (leading to huge deficits because spending increased), "tariffs" (increased the China trade deficit), as people have noted, dealing in sound bites doesn't work, and every other world leader was able to run rings around him, even the middle-east, he solved problems that didn't need solving, and made the palestinian and Iran problems worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Get out of that garden, Trump delivered where it matters and that's your pocket. I'm not even American, haven't been there in a few years and he still put money in my pocket and not just on election night.

Lockdowns and Poverty that's all a Biden vote will deliver, I'd much rather hang with a man not afraid to show you the stars.

I don't want to drag the muslins into it but they say never look up. That's not the world I want.

The US economy growth and reduced unemployment figures under Trump only continued the trend which started in 09 with Obama.

The absolute best that can be said about Trump is that he didn't fcuk that up.
    Outside of that, what has he done only created division and lowered the tone in international diplomacy while letting Russia, Saudi Arabia and North Korea play him.

As for Covid and his response to BLM? Abysmal on both fronts and if he was merely fractionally competent in either respect, he would be a shoe in in this election.

I'm hoping he gets annihilated on Tuesday so the wind and bluster 'nationalists' get knocked back on their arse for 20 years. And I'm still not sure he is going to lose because of the state of politics in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Some hearts about to be broken on Tuesday, no more Trump rallies for the faithful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,585 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1322700188624932869?s=19

LAW AND ORDER! (unless you feel like running a bus full of his opponents off the road, that's fine)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Does anyone have links or info to how the swing states are polling at the moment?

Which channel will you be watching election night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

TP_CM wrote: »
    Does anyone have links or info to how the swing states are polling at the moment?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Even better

You're not a fan of moderated online platforms for chatting with like minded humans?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

BBC does a good analysis here based on latest polls.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/election-us-2020-53657174

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

He has to win, we'll be stuck in these crazy lockdowns until God knows when if he doesn't.
    If you were an Alpha you'd understand.

Jesus Christ, what an embarrassing post.
    Thankfully the midterm break is almost over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

538 is very good, another one here:

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/

I'll be watching CNN on the night.

• Advertisement

And what's the time line for some good TV action? Irish time.

Stay up late Tuesday?
    Get up early Wednesday?
    If you were off wed is there much to be watching/happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Stay up late Tuesday?
    Get up early Wednesday?

Normally I stay with it through the night, but you have me thinking now that maybe because of the high turnout, an early start Wednesday might be better..? I'm off Tues/ Wednesday..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Stay up late Tuesday?
    Get up early Wednesday?

I took off Wednesday and Thursday. Planning on early sleep and up at 3am Wednesday morning.

4 years ago I stayed up till 1 or 2 then got some sleep and up at 6am and it was already pretty much called it that stage.

I don't think it'll be called that early this time but not much will happen before midnight so I'll be getting up early

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Stay up late Tuesday?
    Get up early Wednesday?

Very much depends how close it is.
    If it's a Biden landslide, stay up late on Tuesday. It'll be action packed.
    If Biden wins Florida by a decent margin, stay up late on Tuesday (Florida is a must win for Trump and tends to indicate early.
    If it's very close then getting up early on Wednesday is probably not going to give you a result, or Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

8-10 wrote: »
    I took off Wednesday and Thursday. Planning on early sleep and up at 3am Wednesday morning.

4 years ago I stayed up till 1 or 2 then got some sleep and up at 6am and it was already pretty much called it that stage.

I don't think it'll be called that early this time but not much will happen before midnight so I'll be getting up early

you'll miss a bit of action getting up at 3am. some crucial states could declare at 1 or 2 am irish time - pennsylvannia, florida, arizona, texas etc

i'm planning on trying to sleep immediately after work, getting up around 10pm and pulling an all nighter.

Biden doesn't even need either Pennsylvania or Florida.

North Carolina and Arizona would put him over 270 without them. He has so many more paths than Trump.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Very much depends how close it is.
    If it's a Biden landslide, stay up late on Tuesday. It'll be action packed.
    If Biden wins Florida by a decent margin, stay up late on Tuesday (Florida is a must win for Trump and tends to indicate early.
    If it's very close then getting up early on Wednesday is probably not going to give you a result, or Thursday or Friday.

Damnit Phoebas!!

I need to automate something to track this thread and alarm when the post count starts going insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Biden doesn't even need either Pennsylvania or Florida.

North Carolina and Arizona would put him over 270 without them. He has so many more paths than Trump.

he has more paths, but PA is the only real tossup there, Trump is taking FL, AZ and NC

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Get out of that garden, Trump delivered where it matters

Covid in the Rose Garden did you forget?

he has more paths, but PA is the only real tossup there, Trump is taking FL, AZ and NC

Erm, it's far from definite that Trump is taking those 3 states.

• Advertisement

Not a chance. Except maybe maybe he could squeak Florida. AZ and NC are lean Biden states and no poll shows different.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

LAW AND ORDER! (unless you feel like running a bus full of his opponents off the road, that's fine)
    The FBI has opened an investigation. It’s now a federal matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Trump is going to squeak home.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Based on what?
    The trafalgar group polls and no one else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,055 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

gmisk wrote: »
    Based on what?
    The trafalgar group polls and no one else?

I think he meant like a rat running for the nest, which might be in Abu Dhabi or Russia or whatever in the case of the #IMPOTUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Thats it, Florida locked down, potential win in PA,

Path to victory is under 290 , PA or a rust belt state with NV, NC, AZ and possibly NH as the kickers.

531383.jpeg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'd imagine there'll be all sorts of noises on the drive back to Mar a Lago alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trump supporters drive alongside and in front of Biden bus.

Hardly Mad max type stuff. Running a bus off the road? Come on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Overheal wrote: »
    The FBI has opened an investigation. It’s now a federal matter.

That is some reall dumb ****, including Trump tweeting about it of course.

But I'd just like to point out that it took just one report from unnamed sources, nobody on the record to take that at face value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Trump supporters drive alongside and in front of Biden bus.

Hardly Mad max type stuff. Running a bus off the road? Come on

It's odd what some people have come to see as acceptable behaviour after just 4 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement