Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The moderators, really.

Not only do they have special insight into the cognitive function of the candidates they can tell you what your thoughts and intentions are. The all-seeing eyes. Therefore, do not speak about what you may notice because it may cause offense in others to express your opinion on the matter.

Verboten. End of discussion. I don't even want to talk about Joe Biden's gloriously perfect mental status that can not possibly ever become affected by age. Pathetic from the moderators

Do you have "special insight into the cognitive function of the candidates"?

What's your qualifications?

The moderators, really.

Not only do they have special insight into the cognitive function of the candidates they can tell you what your thoughts and intentions are. The all-seeing eyes. Therefore, do not speak about what you may notice because it may cause offense in others to express your opinion on the matter.

Verboten. End of discussion. I don't even want to talk about Joe Biden's gloriously perfect mental status that can not possibly ever become affected by age. Pathetic from the moderators

In fairness spouting unprovable nonsense doesn't make for good discussion.

In fairness spouting unprovable nonsense doesn't make for good discussion.

A c'mon, If you banned that then the Trump zealots would have nothing to talk about!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The moderators, really.

The parallels between the wailing and gnashing of teeth from conservatives in the US over Twitter actions in halting the spread of fake news and people on here getting similarly upset because they can't flood threads with a fake narrative is really interesting to see.

Same tactics to try to help Trump, same outrage at being told the right to free speech doesn't extend to making sh*t up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It's a difficult choice.

If Trump wins then Americia continues its spiral into madness. Even more people will die of corona and things will descend further into chaos. The country will become more unstable both on the domestic and on the global scale, and its standing in the world will likely diminish further which could have severe financial implications for us all.

But on the other hand, if he loses, I might have to change my boards.ie username.

Pros and cons. Swings and roundabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

But on the other hand, if he loses, I might have to change my boards.ie username.

It's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make :D

After the election we can start a thread suggesting alternative for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Graham wrote: »
    It's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make :D

Boooooooooooooooo. Fake news

• Registered Users Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

So, after dragging his name into politics, the White House is now crying that Fauci thinks they're all blithering idiots, with the biggest idiot at the top (paraphrased of course):
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fauci-covid-winter-forecast/2020/10/31/e3970eb0-1b8b-11eb-bb35-2dcfdab0a345_story.html

So I guess more super spreader rallies to come? More dead, would be symbolic if Trump lost on the swing states by ~230k but it will probably be much larger than that.

Complete jackass of a president.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

The moderators, really.

Mod

If anyone can provide me any medical evidence that would make either candidates mental status an important part of this election, im happy to look at it. In the meantime, feedback goes here. Dont discuss mod actions on thread - we are trying to keep it on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,847 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I’m still really nervous, everyone is after 2016.
    I had no interest in America politics till the last few years.
    Fascinating stuff.

More like horrifying stuff for me. So appropriate that it's Halloween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The parallels between the wailing and gnashing of teeth from conservatives in the US over Twitter actions in halting the spread of fake news and people on here getting similarly upset because they can't flood threads with a fake narrative is really interesting to see.

Same tactics to try to help Trump, same outrage at being told the right to free speech doesn't extend to making sh*t up.

You don't know what you're talking about and you haven't made a coherent point here. The post is just you waffling about things you've half-heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Yep interesting point.

It's never about the thing. Everything is deflected to discussing bias. And then round in circles you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

You don't know what you're talking about and you haven't made a coherent point here. The post is just you waffling about things you've half-heard.

It made sense to me.

vojiwox wrote: »
    Yep interesting point.

It's never about the thing. Everything is deflected to discussing bias. And then round in circles you go.

The 2016 election was won with fake news, innuendo, accusations, mud slinging and foreign disinformation campaigns.

There are some elements hoping it will happen again.

Outside of the fringe elements, it doesn't appear to be working for this election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The 2016 election was won with fake news, innuendo, accusations, mud slinging and foreign disinformation campaigns.

There are some elements are hoping it will happen again.

Outside of the fringe elements, it doesn't appear to be working for this election.

Most people aren’t stupid but they can occasionally be fooled but thankfully (hopefully) they’re smart enough not to fall for the same tricks twice.

There are some elements hoping it will happen again.

I think there was a lot of hope too though.

As a naive person as I am I've often thought of the same thing here in Ireland. Why are these ex-teachers and other failed professionals running our country. Get some successful business men in to run this country! Some people to tell it like it is. No politics.

Alas Trump delivered on no front. Just created his own swamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,168 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So I've upgraded the image from the lip and the stamping feet to throwing yourself on the floor of the supermarket and thrashing your limbs.

Get some successful business men in to run this country! Some people to tell it like it is. No politics.

Trump did a great job of telling everyone what a successful business person he was.

I suspect he even believes it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Most people aren’t stupid but they can occasionally be fooled but thankfully (hopefully) they’re smart enough not to fall for the same tricks twice.

I prefer "Smart people do dumb things less frequently that stupid people."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think there was a lot of hope too though.

As a naive person as I am I've often thought of the same thing here in Ireland. Why are these ex-teachers and other failed professionals running our country. Get some successful business men in to run this country! Some people to tell it like it is. No politics.

Get out of that garden, Trump delivered where it matters and that's your pocket. I'm not even American, haven't been there in a few years and he still put money in my pocket and not just on election night.

Lockdowns and Poverty that's all a Biden vote will deliver, I'd much rather hang with a man not afraid to show you the stars.

I don't want to drag the muslins into it but they say never look up. That's not the world I want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Trump did a great job of telling everyone what a successful business person he was.

I suspect he even believes it himself.

Don't forget his 2.2 golf handicap which may make him one of the greatest golfers of his age on the planet.

Get out of that garden, Trump delivered where it matters and that's your pocket. I'm not even American, haven't been there in a few years and he still put money in my pocket and not just on election night.

Lockdowns and Poverty that's all a Biden vote will deliver, I'd much rather hang with a man not afraid to show you the stars.

I don't want to drag the muslins into it but they say never look up. That's not the world I want.

You would prefer a man that ignores scientific evidence and is willing to see thousands more die (it is what it is) than someone who has a plan to try stop the spread of the pandemic and save lives?

Don't forget his 2.2 golf handicap which may make him one of the greatest golfers of his age on the planet.

Nope, the greatest will be trumps hero Kim jong un, he played golf once and got 5 holes in one!
    When the Dear Leader played his first (and only) round of golf at the country’s sole club, the tricky 7,700-yard track at Pyongyang, it took him just 34 strokes to complete the 18 holes. And being a living deity, he did it with no less than five holes-in-ones on his way round, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Smee_Again wrote: »

George Bush says hello.

You'll have to be more specific. Dunno what your on about chief.

Just for context are you some kind of anti mask guy?

Get out of that garden, Trump delivered where it matters

230,000 dead so far

100,000 new cases/day and increasing

What exactly is it that matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

The only way that the US really gets out of this shambles is massive investment in public education over the next 20 years, unfortunately no one has that power.

And I think that social media should be added to the english curriculum in all countries. We need to help people to learn how to identify and digest swathes of bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The only way that the US really gets out of this shambles is massive investment in public education over the next 20 years, unfortunately no one has that power.

And I think that social media should be added to the english curriculum in all countries. We need to help people to learn how to identify and digest swathes of bull****.

Trump had a one trillion dollar infrastructure plan. Dont think any part of it was enacted though.

Removal of section 230 would clean up social media nicely

Removal of section 230 would clean up social media nicely

The death of it more like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The death of it more like.

Even better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement