Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Hard to say. The major hold-up seems to be with An Post. Anything between 2 to 5 days from when it's scanned into Dublin.

If you're lucky your order might come by DPD.

I’ve only ever received an Amazon package from An Post but other have mentioned that DPD also deliver.

Any idea how DPD are chosen or can we request DPD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I’ve only ever received an Amazon package from An Post but other have mentioned that DPD also deliver.

Any idea how DPD are chosen or can we request DPD?

You can't. Its up to Amazon and their automated systems.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Seems to be the luck of the draw.
    I had 4 orders delivered this week, all arrived via An Post. Daughter (same house) had 3 orders arrive, all with DPD ????

"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."

Any idea why so many items don't ship to Ireland? It's just a feckin laptop stand I'm looking for. A light & cheap piece of plastic.

You could sign up to addresspal if their shipping charge makes it worth while ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone know if Amazon have made any kind of official statement regarding Brexit impact on Irish customers?
    Do we now order of amazon.de or do we stick with .co.uk and hope they are shipped from the Irish distribution centre?(is there anyway of knowing what stuff is there?)

I did a raft of orders last month but am afraid to now in case something is delayed and wont be delivered until January, I'd imagine customs will be jammers in the new year with stuff from the UK.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

You can't. Its up to Amazon and their automated systems.
    Seems to be the luck of the draw.
    I had 4 orders delivered this week, all arrived via An Post. Daughter (same house) had 3 orders arrive, all with DPD ????

I asked customer support the girl told me that DPD are taking the majority of packages and there is a high chance an order will go with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I asked customer support the girl told me that DPD are taking the majority of packages and there is a high chance an order will go with them

And you believed them :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone know if Amazon have made any kind of official statement regarding Brexit impact on Irish customers?
    Do we now order of amazon.de or do we stick with .co.uk and hope they are shipped from the Irish distribution centre?(is there anyway of knowing what stuff is there?)

I did a raft of orders last month but am afraid to now in case something is delayed and wont be delivered until January, I'd imagine customs will be jammers in the new year with stuff from the UK.

They don't hold any stock in Ireland. It's just a distribution centre for stuff that comes into Ireland and is being delivered by Amazon themselves. Mainly in the Greater Dublin area.

They haven't made any statement regarding Irish Customers shopping on the UK site......yet.

And you believed them :D

The young lady had no reason to lie to me and I had no reason to question her virtue

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They don't hold any stock in Ireland. It's just a distribution centre for stuff that comes into Ireland and is being delivered by Amazon themselves. Mainly in the Greater Dublin area.

They haven'y made any statement regarding Irish Customers shopping on the UK site......yet.

Thanks mgbgt1978, wish they would come out with something soon, getting very close now to the finish line.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

It's possible they are waiting to see what sort of Brexit Deal is finalised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Live in an apartment complex with a concierge that receives all the packages/parcels.

Last couple of weeks, amazon packages are being left all over the place, I guess because they're now being delivered out of normal business hours as well.

Instead of being left with the concierge service, they're being left inside the main doors of buildings at the lifts, in the hallways outside apartments, in the buildings at the letter box area. All of which require the delivery person tailgating a resident into the building.

Had one left outside my apartment door today. Tracking info said "Handed to resident". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They haven't made any statement regarding Irish Customers shopping on the UK site......yet.

I ordered something at 5pm on Sat and I got it this morning at 9:15. Thats fair efficient if coming from the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I ordered something at 5pm on Sat and I got it this morning at 9:15. Thats fair efficient if coming from the UK.

You in Dublin? And who delivered it?

I have an Echo Dot ordered since November 20th, based in Limerick and to be delivered by Asendia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You in Dublin? And who delivered it?

I have an Echo Dot ordered since November 20th, based in Limerick and to be delivered by Asendia.

Yeah in Dublin. Delivered by Parcel King with a GA tracking number.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

They don't hold any stock in Ireland. It's just a distribution centre for stuff that comes into Ireland and is being delivered by Amazon themselves. Mainly in the Greater Dublin area..

Not sure that's correct- I'm in Dublin and getting stuff next day delivery, so highly doubt that's getting here that quick from a UK warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭VG31

Not sure that's correct- I'm in Dublin and getting stuff next day delivery, so highly doubt that's getting here that quick from a UK warehouse.

This has been discussed many times, it's coming from the UK.

If you look at your parcel you will see the warehouse code such as MAN (Manchester) or MME (Darlington).

If you think an item originated in Ireland then Amazon are getting very, very good at cross-matching fresh orders with returned items still in transit in Ireland......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

If you think an item originated in Ireland then Amazon are getting very, very good at cross-matching fresh orders with returned items still in transit in Ireland......;)

In London the pre-stock certain items in the delivery vans just in case someone happens to order it (based on machine learning) - pretty freaky if you order something and it arrives 5 min later!

Ordered something yesterday and it just arrived.

Asked the Amazon delivery guy as a matter of interest where was the item picked and packed, was it here orc the UK and he said 'the warehouse here' ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered something yesterday and it just arrived.

Asked the Amazon delivery guy as a matter of interest where was the item picked and packed, was it here orc the UK and he said 'the warehouse here' ?

Look at the label. Bottom section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

An Echo Dot has went AWOL for me, cannot get very detailed tracking, it is being delivered via Asendia.

Was willing to take a replacement if it was delivered via DPD but the agent said they cannot manually specify the delivery company. Had to go for a refund instead.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

An Echo Dot has went AWOL for me, cannot get very detailed tracking, it is being delivered via Asendia.

Was willing to take a replacement if it was delivered via DPD but the agent said they cannot manually specify the delivery company. Had to go for a refund instead.
    It'll more than likely come, my first echo was from Asendia and took the longest. Got my refund as well as a second order I created as a backup from DPD. I sent the second one back, so now have one echo at zero cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

delly wrote: »
    It'll more than likely come, my first echo was from Asendia and took the longest. Got my refund as well as a second order I created as a backup from DPD. I sent the second one back, so now have one echo at zero cost.
    Got a refund on 10" fire hd, it's missing in action somewhere in Ireland since 24th November, attempted delivery this morning at 8, no idea what's happened to it,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭obi604

It may have been discussed to death in another forum. But very high level, what affect will Bresxit have on Amazon uk.

Will prime still mainly work to Ireland or be curtailed.
    Will they still deliver to parcel motel ‘UK’ addresses?

obi604 wrote: »
    It may have been discussed to death in another forum. But very high level, what affect will Bresxit have on Amazon uk.

Will prime still mainly work to Ireland or be curtailed.
    Will they still deliver to parcel motel ‘UK’ addresses?

Been talked to death.

As it stands, there will be additional duty payable on purchases over the revenue threshold when shipped to Ireland from the .co.uk website. Shipping to the likes of parcel motel won't avoid this either.

Some people are suggesting using euro amazon sites, your co.uk prime membership won't work on those other sites though. You'll need to purchase a new one from say Amazon Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭obi604

Been talked to death.

As it stands, there will be additional duty payable on purchases over the revenue threshold when shipped to Ireland from the .co.uk website. Shipping to the likes of parcel motel won't avoid this either.

Some people are suggesting using euro amazon sites, your co.uk prime membership won't work on those other sites though. You'll need to purchase a new one from say Amazon Italy.

Perfect summary without reading through 40 pages. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As you have placed an order on Amazon.co.uk and selected an EU delivery address in the past, we wanted to let you know that from 1 January 2021, when the Brexit transition period ends, you’ll see some changes when you shop on Amazon.co.uk and select an EU delivery address. These changes could include:

- VAT (or the regional equivalent, if applicable, https://www.amazon.co.uk/vatrates) being due in the country of delivery, or your package may be subject to customs duties, taxes and fees (“Import Fees”)
    - the collection of VAT, or an estimation of Import Fees (“Import Fee Deposit” https://www.amazon.co.uk/ifd), which may result in a price change at checkout.

We will continue to accept eligible returns. If the reason for return is the result of an error (e.g. if the item is defective / damaged / incorrect), any costs incurred for the return will be paid by Amazon. Otherwise, any costs incurred for the return (including transport costs, as well as any associated import fees or customs where applicable) will be payable by the person returning the goods https://www.amazon.co.uk/returnshelp.

We hope this helps and we see you again soon.

Regards,
    Just landed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭VG31

Don't we already pay Irish VAT on items sold by Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Update! Just got this from amazon, looks like it might be best to shop within EU then

Hello,
    As you have placed an order on Amazon.co.uk and selected an EU delivery address in the past, we wanted to let you know that from 1 January 2021, when the Brexit transition period ends, you’ll see some changes when you shop on Amazon.co.uk and select an EU delivery address. These changes could include:

- VAT (or the regional equivalent, if applicable, https://www.amazon.co.uk/vatrates) being due in the country of delivery, or your package may be subject to customs duties, taxes and fees (“Import Fees”)
    - the collection of VAT, or an estimation of Import Fees (“Import Fee Deposit” https://www.amazon.co.uk/ifd), which may result in a price change at checkout.

We will continue to accept eligible returns. If the reason for return is the result of an error (e.g. if the item is defective / damaged / incorrect), any costs incurred for the return will be paid by Amazon. Otherwise, any costs incurred for the return (including transport costs, as well as any associated import fees or customs where applicable) will be payable by the person returning the goods https://www.amazon.co.uk/returnshelp.

We hope this helps and we see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Advertisement