Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I had several product pages open, all with the usual 2 day delivery and they all changed to 1 day delivery on page refresh. That shipping option is not offered for every product sold by Amazon, but I presume it will remain available most of the time e.g. for the Fire tablet, so you can use its page to test https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WDF13WC

Turns out I have it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

errlloyd wrote: »
    Does anyone else find Amazon delivery totally all over the place?

Here is a delivery I was waiting on today. At one stage it was directly outside my apartment and only three stops away, I could see the van from the window. Then it started mysteriously driving away. Now (an hour later) it is a different part of the city.

Absolutely. Not sure if it was this thread or another but I've posted about this after noticing it a few times. Drivers are close enough to my house at various points of the day and then go way out to another part of the city before returning.

The most recent, and bizarre one, was two items as part of the same order, they were split up, but they were due for delivery the same day. The second delivery actually caught up with the first and both drivers were in my estate at the same time. They arrived to my door within minutes of each other, we put a bet on here in the house when we saw them on the tracker as to which would arrive first.

I had thought maybe because one was a box, the other a small envelope and they may have the bigger stuff in a van, the smaller in a car, but they both arrived in Transits. Their logistics are a bit mad.

I wonder if the 1 day delivery is either with Amazon's own products, or stuff they know sells well so they keep stock within Dublin. Stuff I ordered today has a 2 day window, but the Fire is next day.

I have another order going to Parcel Motel, seems like a bit of Russian roulette these days, but it was despatched the day after ordering, due to arrive the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm hoping things are improving the jump from Saint Helens to Dublin had been taking up to a week now thats down to three hours. Might just have been the last package into a whatever containers they use and the first out.

3:33 PM Parcel arrived at a carrier facility DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

12:34 AM Package departed an Amazon facility Saint Helens, Merseyside GB

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

I'm hoping things are improving the jump from Saint Helens to Dublin had been taking up to a week now thats down to three hours. Might just have been the last package into a whatever containers they use and the first out.

3:33 PM Parcel arrived at a carrier facility DUBLIN PARCEL HUB,

12:34 AM Package departed an Amazon facility Saint Helens, Merseyside GB

Is that not 15 hours? St Helens to Dublin is 5 hours minimum by road/ferry.

VG31 wrote: »
    Is that not 15 hours? St Helens to Dublin is 5 hours minimum by road/ferry.

Sorry your right not thinking straight. I'd looked a couple of hours earlier an nothing so just didn't look at the AM PM :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    £8 item, free One-Day. Lets see if it comes tomorrow.

Just over 24hrs.

Landed in Greenogue at 8AM, out the door at 11. Delivered now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Amazon doco on ch4 now...

How do Amazon manage deliveries to Parcel Motel up north, are they done in a batch? I got the payment deducted by Parcel Motel today, which I expected, but the package is not yet marked as out for delivery, never mind delivered, by Amazon so I figure they handle manage them differently than they do with private deliveries.

Hurrache wrote: »
    How do Amazon manage deliveries to Parcel Motel up north, are they done in a batch? I got the payment deducted by Parcel Motel today, which I expected, but the package is not yet marked as out for delivery, never mind delivered, by Amazon so I figure they handle manage them differently than they do with private deliveries.

I've often been charged by PM before Amazon have it marked as delivered as well. It usually shows as out for delivery a minute before it's marked as delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

the other Amazons can be handy sometimes. I picked up a camera off amazon.de this week.

Amazon.de €1,009
    Amazon.co.uk €1,175
    B&M Shop BF Sale €1,266

I found it by using the below to search all 6 europe amazon sites at once

http://euzon.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Upgraded to Amazon Prime (free 30day trial) + Completed my Xmas shopping this morning - all deliveries guaranteed to arrive by Dec 4 - wish me luck!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Here's an interesting one, I'm based outside of Dublin and placed an order early Thursday morning. I just got a notification that it is now in An Post Dublin Parcel Hub. The tracking on Amazon has no originating Amazon warehouse in the UK, so can only assume it has come out of the Dublin depot. If so, it would mean a further expansion of the Dublin service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."

Any idea why so many items don't ship to Ireland? It's just a feckin laptop stand I'm looking for. A light & cheap piece of plastic.

"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."

Any idea why so many items don't ship to Ireland? It's just a feckin laptop stand I'm looking for. A light & cheap piece of plastic.

Is that an item that is Dispatched from and sold by Amazon? If they are only acting as the middle men in the deal then I think the actual suppliers sometime limit delivery to Ireland as it costs to much for free delivery.

Is that an item that is Dispatched from and sold by Amazon? If they are only acting as the middle men in the deal then I think the actual suppliers sometime limit delivery to Ireland as it costs to much for free delivery.

It's fulfilled by Amazon.

Ok, free postage to Ireland might be costly for them.

But why totally ban the whole country from buying it? Can they not just charge us for postage?

But why totally ban the whole country from buying it? Can they not just charge us for postage?

Amazons systems are very strange. I am led to believe it takes a massive amount of effort just to get mistakes in listings altered even for the seller so I can see retailers taking the easy option in these sort of cases.

I want to get a thermometer to measure room temperature. It's pretty cheap and possibly crap, so I want to order two and compare them.

If they both differ, that means they're rubbish I'm going to send them both back. If they both read the same I'm going to send one back.

Can I just return one for whatever reason and they pay postage for me?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

According to their T&Cs they will pay for returns on faulty /missing/damaged and certain jewellery/watches. If its a change of mind they can tell you to pay. Check their returns conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Lead times on Amazon seem to have jumped considerably.

I ordered 5 items, with free delivery promising them by Mon, Dec 14 - two weeks.

I went ahead and paid for shipping (£6), with a revised promised date of before Sat, 12 Dec. These are Christmas gifts, and I've experienced some serious delays with Amazon so didn't mind the extra, which should hopefully cut off a couple of days.

Might be what you're ordering? Everything I ordered the last few weeks arrived within 2-3 days, one next day, when delivered by Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ordered 3 things yesterday, arrived about 7pm this evening.

Ordered something now and says it will be here Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Ordered something from amazon.de as it was 15€ cheaper and had 1 week less delivery forecast than co.uk on Friday.

Did choose "premium long-distance delivery" as option to guarantee delivery today, co.uk said earliest was 07 December.

First scan was in Rochester, Medway GB yesterday, so clearly, it's not even coming from Germany, but from their UK warehouse.

15€ and 1 week saved.

First scan was in Rochester, Medway GB yesterday, so clearly, it's not even coming from Germany, but from their UK warehouse.

Rochester is one of their import parcel centres so it likely is coming from Germany. There often isn't any tracking scans before reaching the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

^ This.

If you check the packing slip you'll often see an item has come from say Poland but it doesnt track online until it reaches the dispatch point - UK FC, DIS1 in Dublin or the AnPost parcel hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I bought a few things in the BF sale as Xmas gifts, including an Echo Dot. Estimates for delivery at the time (checkout) were early December. Now showing up as January 2nd! :mad: Not sure if I should cancel the order now and choose something else/somewhere else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Made an order middle of last week. And estimated shipping is next week on the 9th.

Normally it would take a few days to ship out, and once it's shipped, a few days more. I'd thought I might have it at this weekend at the latest but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Has Amazon been delaying shipping for Irish customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If anything I've been finding that items have been coming quicker than the estimated delivery window.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Postage is bizarre sometimes. Just for amusement I decided I'd buy some confectionary, something I've never bought before. How on earth can they afford to sell a can of Pringles for £1.26 shipped. Yet you can't get plenty of higher priced items such as the poster on the other page highlighted.

Dublin based with Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

It would be useful to add where approx you are located and what shipping you chose. I'm Dublin with prime membership and orders are dispatched and delivered promptly - I get most items 2 days after I place an order. I suppose you have no prime and ordered with a free delivery? Before I got prime some years ago my free delivery qualifying orders also started taking two weeks on average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Map appeared 1 hour ago saying 4 stops away, hasn't updated since then, stops are a meaningless measure of time imo.

Advertisement