Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Still no update, what's the point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I have stopped following that tracking, it was a waste of time. The 2-hour delivery window notification that some other couriers send is way more useful.

I have stopped following that tracking, it was a waste of time. The 2-hour delivery window notification that some other couriers send is way more useful.

Yeah, seems like it's tokenist at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Mixed bag with amazon here
    Currently have 2 items due
    One has not been dispatched, ordered 2 weeks ago
    I've rang them twice about that or rather they called me back
    They said the item is in stock but they are trying to source a source nearest to me

Ever hear that excuse before??

2nd item has been in the Dublin parcel hub since wenesday night
    Rang an post and they said it was last scanned as set for delivery to my local post depot and they are so busy that its probably sitting on a pallet waiting its turn to be offloaded for transport to there and that's why there been no scan since last wenesday
    Seriously?
    It was ordered over 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Nobotty wrote: »
    Mixed bag with amazon here
    Currently have 2 items due
    One has not been dispatched, ordered 2 weeks ago
    I've rang them twice about that or rather they called me back
    They said the item is in stock but they are trying to source a source nearest to me

Ever hear that excuse before??

Had that excuse at the beginning of the year. Listing stated 4 in stock and 2 in stock for days after. Amazon said they were out of stock. I wouldn't let it go and eventually one of the reps admitted that they did have one left in stock but it wasn't in a warehouse that was available for delivery to me.

About a month later item was delivered but never in that time became back in stock.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Last week they had a map with a tracker which showed how far the delivery is.

This week i don't see this function.

Did they get rid of it? Found it really useful

Sorry did not see the complaints above, for me it worked really well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah, seems like it's tokenist at best.

I find it's pretty accurate once you get the map. Ignore the number of stops for the most part, sometimes it's right, sometimes not, but the mapping is good.
    j4vier wrote: »
    Last week they had a map with a tracker which showed how far the delivery is.

This week i don't see this function.

Did they get rid of it? Found it really useful

Sorry did not see the complaints above, for me it worked really well

It only appears as a map when it seems to get close to you, or when the driver turns his tracker on, not sure, but the map is never available until they're my side of the city.

Despite the map it never showed up last night. That's why I said it was tokenist

It could have been brought back to the depot due to delays. I've had one out for delivery, could see where it was on the map, but it was brought back to the depot after 9pm. It's not necessarily tokenistic, it was probably out for delivery and but never delivered.

Hurrache wrote: »
    It could have been brought back to the depot due to delays. I've had one out for delivery, could see where it was on the map, but it was brought back to the depot after 9pm. It's not necessarily tokenistic, it was probably out for delivery and but never delivered.

It probably was I'm just saying that the courier model of delivery between say 12pm and 2pm for example is a much better model than meaningless stops, anyway I just got an email again saying its out for delivery so hopefully it will show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

I had two parcels delivered today by Amazon, got one left "in the mail room" (also known as hallway) and the second one was handed to me an hour later. Feels a bit strange that they don't think it's a good idea to deliver both parcels at the same time. At least the map tracking worked fine with the 2nd delivery, but that was the first time it was useful.

Don't seem to have an option to choose "combine items to as few shipments as possible" with Prime, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Apologies if this is already here on this Thread. (I searched but couldn't find it).
    Anyway I ordered 4 separate items from amazon UK last week. Delivery date was promised as Monday 30/11 for 3 items,and Tue 01/12 for the remaining 1 item.
    All are showing with An Post Tracking Numbers.
    I received one item yesterday morning (the one with a delivery date of 01/12).
    I then received 3 separate messages yesterday on my Amazon App all stating the following;
    "We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by tomorrow, you can come back here the next day for a refund."
    Then today another 3 messages stating;
    We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by today, you can come back here the next day for a refund".
    All 3 packages are tracked as far as An Post's Dublin Sorting Office (all since 26/11), and I am in Co. Limerick.
    I cannot be the only person here who has received these messages from Amazon (especially with Black Friday volumes). Has anybody else received a similar message and did they have any joy regarding a refund ? I can't see all 3 packages arriving tomorrow.
    BTW I am an Amazon Prime subscriber in case this only applies to us 'special people'.....

And before anyone mentions "it's very busy at the moment", etc, please remember that I did not contact Amazon. They sent these messages without any complaints from myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

An Post is jammed for the last few weeks. Your stuff should turn up in a few days. You can get a refund, but they may ask you to return the stuff, depending on what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is already here on this Thread. (I searched but couldn't find it).
    Anyway I ordered 4 separate items from amazon UK last week. Delivery date was promised as Monday 30/11 for 3 items,and Tue 01/12 for the remaining 1 item.
    I then received 3 separate messages yesterday on my Amazon App all stating the following;
    "We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by tomorrow, you can come back here the next day for a refund."
    We’re very sorry your delivery is late. If you have not received your package by today, you can come back here the next day for a refund".
    All 3 packages are tracked as far as An Post's Dublin Sorting Office (all since 26/11), and I am in Co. Limerick.
    I cannot be the only person here who has received these messages from Amazon (especially with Black Friday volumes). Has anybody else received a similar message and did they have any joy regarding a refund ? I can't see all 3 packages arriving tomorrow.
    BTW I am an Amazon Prime subscriber in case this only applies to us 'special people'.....

And before anyone mentions "it's very busy at the moment", etc, please remember that I did not contact Amazon. They sent these messages without any complaints from myself.
    Have received same message as you on a number of occasions and refunded for a few items, located in same area as you, tried a refund again last night but asked to contact customer service, probably because item is of a higher value than previous refunds.

whiterebel wrote: »
    An Post is jammed for the last few weeks. Your stuff should turn up in a few days. You can get a refund, but they may ask you to return the stuff, depending on what it is.

You're right regarding An Post. Even last Friday they had over 2 million extra items arrive (according to my Postman)....before the actual Black Friday onslaught.
    Anyway one of my orders arrived this morning (the cheapest, a €4 Cable).
    Another (phone cover) still showing in Dublin, and due for a refund request tomorrow.
    The 3rd package is a mobile phone (paid £99, down from £179) still showing in Dublin since 26/11. That was due for a refund request this morning. Request went through an automated process, request apparently approved automatically and no mention of returning the item (or paying again for it when/if it arrives)

I think they can be held once they're processed by An Post if Amazon flag them early enough so they won't get delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

My experience so far has been dismal.
    Two items to be delivered last Monday 30th November.

One was delayed and delivery was changed to Wednesday 2nd December. No problem there. This was being delivered to my place of work (I wasn't expecting them to be delivering after 5 or 6 pm)
    I watched the tracking from time to time over a period of 4 hours and it showed that a driver was moving back and forth in an area between Tara Street and Moss St for the whole time. He remained stationary for about an hour around 6 pm. My store closed at 7 and when I got home I tracked him again to find that he'd moved further away. But at 8:45 I checked and he was right at my shop. A few minutes later I got the Attempted Delivery message on the screen.
    It did seem unlikely that he had 4 hours worth of delivery in that area for Amazon, so I'm thinking that they're not exclusive drivers.
    Anyway, the driver was on the other side of the city today, and at 3:45pm the message changed from "Delivery by 9pm" to Attempted Delivery- We had a problem.
    The problem was that he didn't bother his backside. The shop is open. The further details says

"The carrier is unable to gain access to the front door to deliver the parcel. Please contact Amazon to provide additional delivery instructions". So there's bullsh1t being reported by lazy drivers.

My wife was having a package delivered to her work on Monday. It didn't show, but she got a phone call from work at about 7:30pm to say that a man from a nearby (to her workplace) housing estate called and said that her package was sitting on his doorstep when he got home.
    I checked the tracking and it said "Parcel Was Handed to Resident".

This is the first time since I started ordering from Amazon, about 20 years ago that I've had issues with delivery. Yeah there was the occasion when the post office sent a parcel back after the post man had tried to deliver to my neighbour when I wasn't in, and then stupidly put the "tried to deliver" letter into the neighbours door instead of mine. They returned from holidays 3 days later. That was the only issue - ever. Now it's 2 in a couple of days (not to mention the other one from somewhere else - but that's another story) So it looks like they've either hired a bunch of idiots or they're using lazy bastard contractors who don't give a **** and aren't accountable - unlike the post office guys.

This doesn't bode well for my future dealings and Prime membership.

Hurrache wrote: »
    I think they can be held once they're processed by An Post if Amazon flag them early enough so they won't get delivered.

Sorry, but I find that very hard to believe.
    An Post can only return items to the Sender if they are unable to deliver them....eg. incomplete address, COD not paid, etc.
    There is absolutely nothing in their T&C's that allows a Sender to 'recall' any Mail.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yeah, the refund option has no bearing on delivery if it is already in the position of An Post. I've had many items refunded and got the item a little later. I know that Amazon have super customer service, but to give an auto refund 3 days past the expected delivery date is crazy imho.

TBH I was fully expecting to be just given the option of speaking to an Amazon CS agent.
    The Cover for this refunded phone was 'due today or get a refund tomorrow' (actually it was promised for last Tuesday when ordered). It is still in Dublin with An Post so I'll see how my refund request goes in the morning.

Again, as already stated, if Amazon were not sending me messages practically handing me a refund I would be giving it a few more days before contacting them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

mgbgt1978 wrote: »

I was scheduled to have 4 packages from Amazon delivered today, only 3 arrived despite all showing up as 'delivered' on Amazon/An-Post tracking.
    Not sure what is up with that?
    Amazon's friendly bot told me to wait until Tuesday, as this can happen from time to time. I put a Query in on the An-post page, but not hoping for much there at this time of year.

I have a feeling it will turn up tomorrow though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

mgbgt1978, I'm having the same problems in Co. Limerick. Dublin seems to be faring well but most other places are pretty poor.

I had a Prime trial and cancelled it. With the slow deliveries in this part of the country and Brexit it's not worth it for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I was going to sign up for the free trial but was wondering what kind of delay it would have with An Post?

Amazon customer service told me the two delivery is guaranteed but I an Irish retailer I bought from said An Post are having massive delays.

So I assume I wouldn’t get it in two days but would I get faster than a normal delivery? Are they prioritised delivery or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

I was going to sign up for the free trial but was wondering what kind of delay it would have with An Post?

Amazon customer service told me the two delivery is guaranteed but I an Irish retailer I bought from said An Post are having massive delays.

So I assume I wouldn’t get it in two days but would I get faster than a normal delivery? Are they prioritised delivery or something?

From experience Amazon Prime arrives quicker than regular Amazon shipping (most arriving on time, and while some were delayed, only by a day or two - all from the UK).
    FWIW I enabled my 30 day free trial on Black Friday and will cancel once the Xmas shopping window is closed (we already have Amazon Prime TV via another house member, so no point in keeping).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Mr.S wrote: »
    Slows down delivery if they group packages even if it's going to the same address. The same way you get multiple packages if you make one order.

When your at checkout, if all your items are coming from the same fulfilment centre - you should have the option to combine. These days it's likely a mix of multiple different locations if your items are very varied.

In Cork they will get grouped if leaving local sort center on the same day - but even then they will get split if one is AM and the other is PM (in the City) so probably a JIT type of thing.

schmoo2k wrote: »
    From experience Amazon Prime arrives quicker than regular Amazon shipping (most arriving on time, and while some were delayed, only by a day or two - all from the UK).
    FWIW I enabled my 30 day free trial on Black Friday and will cancel once the Xmas shopping window is closed (we already have Amazon Prime TV via another house member, so no point in keeping).

An extra day or day on Prime delivery isn’t bad.

Are regular Amazon orders getting big delays in An Post? Or is everything just a day or two late?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭VanHalen

Ordered Bob Marley and the Wailers box set from Amazon France yesterday (€15 plus postage) and it was delivered this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm in Limerick and had a Prime trial up to Friday and it's being very slow as recently it's all coming through An Post.

If you're in Dublin Prime seems good but not so much in other areas around the country.

I'm in Limerick and had a Prime trial up to Friday and it's being very slow as recently it's all coming through An Post.

If you're in Dublin Prime seems good but not so much in other areas around the country.

I’m actually having my stuff sent to Limerick.

How many extra days on Prime delivery? I can’t place the order until Tuesday

• Advertisement

Hard to say. The major hold-up seems to be with An Post. Anything between 2 to 5 days from when it's scanned into Dublin.

If you're lucky your order might come by DPD.

Advertisement