Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

For anyone putting in the Bose claim recently, I had one claim from a couple of weeks ago that was validated quickly, but more recent one still wasn't validated after a week (it is supposed to be within 2 working days).

I called their support now, and he said they're running behind on validations, but he validated mine on the spot and I got a text through straight away.

Now the long wait begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 username3

I had my claim validated on the 14th October.
    When I put the tracking number they supplied in the confirmation email into the track my claim page I get:
    Oops! We don't recognise those details. Make sure they're correct and try again

Anyone else seeing this? Emailed support last week no response :(

So I have my IEMI number now. My phone has been dispatched. Arriving tomorrow or Wednesday
    When I go to claim the headphones, it says that I need to wait 14 days after delivery before making the order.
    Did everyone just lie, and say they received the phone over 2 weeks ago? Or did you all wait two weeks?

username3 wrote: »
    I had my claim validated on the 14th October.
    When I put the tracking number they supplied in the confirmation email into the track my claim page I get:
    Oops! We don't recognise those details. Make sure they're correct and try again

Anyone else seeing this? Emailed support last week no response :(

The link takes you to the UK tracker. Change it to Ireland.

So I have my IEMI number now. My phone has been dispatched. Arriving tomorrow or Wednesday
    When I go to claim the headphones, it says that I need to wait 14 days after delivery before making the order.
    Did everyone just lie, and say they received the phone over 2 weeks ago? Or did you all wait two weeks?

Everyone lied. Bunch of liars around here :pac:

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Everyone lied. Bunch of liars around here :pac:

That's what I thought too :D

I went reading back through the thread, but hadn't realised it was so big at this stage. Lying it is :)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Basil3 wrote: »
    For anyone putting in the Bose claim recently, I had one claim from a couple of weeks ago that was validated quickly, but more recent one still wasn't validated after a week (it is supposed to be within 2 working days).

I called their support now, and he said they're running behind on validations, but he validated mine on the spot and I got a text through straight away.

Now the long wait begins.

I just did the same and got my claim bumped along to Validated!

Glad I rang as he was going to reject as the only date on the only document I got from Vodafone was after the offer and was the shipping date. Was able to direct him to a MyVodafone order screenshot and a debit card transaction receipt.

Hmmm, get an error when I try to claim my headphones. Says my order date is invalid.
    Considering the date was Oct 4th, I can't see how it is invalid.
    Will wait until I get the phone, and ring Google

Day/month mixup? Just a thought since you used the American format above.

Panda5000 wrote: »
    Day/month mixup? Just a thought since you used the American format above.

I thought that myself, as I the machine that I am using is based on a network in the US, so tried again via my phone, and have gotten the same issue.
    I'm not manually entering the date either, it allows my to select from a calendar.

I'm hoping it's just a bug, and I'll try again tomorrow. Otherwise, if the phone arrives tomorrow as expected, I'll ring Google on the 24th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mjavi

been over a month and still no movement on my order (oct 7). Does anyone know how to contact google support for inquiries?

mjavi wrote: »
    been over a month and still no movement on my order (oct 7). Does anyone know how to contact google support for inquiries?

I think the most recent ones are coming from around Oct 4th. You can't be far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

What delivery date did they give you? Don't bother with Google Support, they will just repeat to you what you can already see on your order details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Seeing a Pixel 5 is now in stock to order from Google, they will start fulfilling pending preorders quick now that the demand has gone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

So I finally got the email from Google Store letting me know that my device is out for delivery.
    I checked on my details and got my IMEI number to claim then headphones. I went through the steps but it keeps on saying that I've selected an eligible order/purchase date even though I ordered on the 04/10.
    Is there anyway around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Same issue here, I bought on the 4th as well and just received the dispatch notice. Tried a bunch of different order and delivery dates but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

I know people have claimed their headsets right after receiving their dispatch confirmation email, which I have today but the claim page is so clear in saying "You have waited 14 days from receiving your Pixel 5 or Pixel 4a 5G before starting this claim" that now I'm having second thoughts about putting the claim now or waiting at least until it's delivered to me in a couple of days.

5J2ZJul.png

Given that pretty much everyone here has claimed without waiting 14 days my guess is that the claims company doesn't care much about this rule. Those of you who have claimed the headphones straight away, did you at least wait until you received it or just did it straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Got shipment notification also today, Money taken earlier, hopefully have it tomorrow, so then I guess the headphones cannot be claimed until the 25th of November, then up to 60 days for delivery, so much for thinking I could pass them off as a decent Christmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Will try again once I actually get the phone tomorrow. From chatting to a mate who already has had two claims processed he thinks the request to enter the date received "Delivery Date/Collection Date" is a new addition to the online forms. Seems like they've updated the terms given the uncertainty about the time periods, I've no doubt we'll get the headphones but yup, might be waiting a while yet..
    For the avoidance of doubt, the date of receipt shall be considered day 1 for the purposes of the Promotion. As such the last day to submit a Claim for a Qualifying Product received on 5 November 2020 is 20 December 2020 (23:59 GMT).

The only reason the two week thing is in place for the headphones is to stop people claiming for the headphones then returning the phone, like someone was trying to do earlier in the thread.

• Advertisement

Will try again once I actually get the phone tomorrow. From chatting to a mate who already has had two claims processed he thinks the request to enter the date received "Delivery Date/Collection Date" is a new addition to the online forms. Seems like they've updated the terms given the uncertainty about the time periods, I've no doubt we'll get the headphones but yup, might be waiting a while yet..

Yes, it seems at a minimum we'd have to wait until after we receive the phone. But seen as they ask for order and delivery dates (and delivery dates in the future are greyed out) I'd be surprised if the system would let me proceed if the delivery date is not 14 days in the past.

RhRkuyN.png

danicm wrote: »
    Yes, it seems at a minimum we'd have to wait until after we receive the phone. But seen as they ask for order and delivery dates (and delivery dates in the future are greyed out) I'd be surprised if the system would let me proceed if the delivery date is not 14 days in the past.

RhRkuyN.png

They have totally changed the form you fill out to claim, by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 drawingguy

Has anyone here been able to make a claim after getting the phone from Amazon?
    I'm being told my purchase is not valid.

drawingguy wrote: »
    Has anyone here been able to make a claim after getting the phone from Amazon?
    I'm being told my purchase is not valid.

You'll need a UK delivery address. Parcel Motel maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

Ordered mine on 11th October. Provisional delivery was 18th/19th November. Despatched yesterday and arriving today.

Hallowed wrote: »
    Ordered mine on 11th October. Provisional delivery was 18th/19th November. Despatched yesterday and arriving today.

Similar to that, I had same delivery dates as you and ordered on the 6th, it's been delivered today! I think they finally sorted out their stock problems so I'd expect a lot of deliveries happening for the rest of the week.
    The big question remains, will we be able to submit the headphones claim straight away or will the form on the claims website force us to wait 14 days after delivery date before it accepts the claim. We shall see.

With regards to claiming the headphones, the promotion webpage is down at the moment, claiming to be under maintenance.
    Hopefully this will fix the issue with the Purchase date

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FebruaryStars

Mine arrived about an hour ago. Feeling a bit Covid paranoid because of its journey through Europe and the UK. Very quick delivery, once it left the warehouse!

With regards to claiming the headphones, the promotion webpage is down at the moment, claiming to be under maintenance.
    Hopefully this will fix the issue with the Purchase date

Doesn't look to have fixed the issue

• Advertisement

Finally, I got to submit my order for headphones.
    I just selected a random date, more than 2 weeks ago, for when the phone was delivered. Hopefully that doesn't come back and bite me

Advertisement