Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Finally, I got to submit my order for headphones.
    I just selected a random date, more than 2 weeks ago, for when the phone was delivered. Hopefully that doesn't come back and bite me

I thought I tried that earlier and it whinged an error message about invalid combination of order/delivery dates. Tempted to try another few to see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Finally, I got to submit my order for headphones.
    I just selected a random date, more than 2 weeks ago, for when the phone was delivered. Hopefully that doesn't come back and bite me

Oh right! But what proof of purchase did you provide? Because the email from google as well as a screenshot from the order page has the delivery date on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

danicm wrote: »
    Oh right! But what proof of purchase did you provide? Because the email from google as well as a screenshot from the order page has the delivery date on it.

don't screenshot the whole page?

Doesn't look to have fixed the issue

Yes of course, that would work! And the rules of what the poof of purchase has does not include delivery date.
    3UdCOKW.png

Headphones claim submitted! It seems the 19th Oct was the most recent date it would allow me to choose for delivery, which is way more than the 14 days after delivery they ask for.

For reference, here the link to track a claim: https://pixel-offers.com/bose/en-IE/track-claim
    And this one for submitting the claim: https://pixel-offers.com/bose/en-IE/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The whole thing is a mess, a friend got an error on last page and was asked to try again. He did that and now says IMEI already used so cant complete the claim now

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sensational swartz

Has anyone with this on three got 5g to work ? I've a 5g plan with them but it's still stuck on LTE. I wonder like the OnePlus 8 three haven't certified it yet or Google need to send an update.

Has anyone with this on three got 5g to work ? I've a 5g plan with them but it's still stuck on LTE. I wonder like the OnePlus 8 three haven't certified it yet or Google need to send an update.

I'm not sure I'll bother jumping to the 5G package from 3 initially. I'm WFH all day and have Virgin broadband. When I am out and about, I'm not doing much on my phone anyway, so dont see the benefit immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've no intention of getting a 5g plan either, my current plan is much cheaper and I spend 90% of my time connected to WiFi.

I wanted a smaller phone, the 4a was tempting but wouldn't have been much of an upgrade, the headphone deal is what really made my mind up to get this.

And I'm still waiting on them to arrive since the 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭cassette50

Did anyone get the code for the 3 month stadia trial or do you need to contact Google for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

cassette50 wrote: »
    Did anyone get the code for the 3 month stadia trial or do you need to contact Google for this?
    Its not a code, you just get it by opening the Stadia app and signing up. Bear in mind though it won't work if you've already had a Stadia subscription (even the trial)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

Anyone have issues claiming the Bose headphones? I ordered on the 11th October and it arrived 11th November, but the webpage keeps saying the order date isn't valid.

makoten wrote: »
    Anyone have issues claiming the Bose headphones? I ordered on the 11th October and it arrived 11th November, but the webpage keeps saying the order date isn't valid.

Read back over the last three or four pages

makoten wrote: »

Yeah the site is all messed up. Looks like the final date you can select for delivery is 19th October anything after that doesnt work.

If you order date is after the 4th then they would reject your claim saying 14 days have not passed since delivery. So you are screwed both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

dan786 wrote: »
    Yeah the site is all messed up. Looks like the final date you can select for delivery is 19th October anything after that doesnt work.

If you order date is after the 4th then they would reject your claim saying 14 days have not passed since delivery. So you are screwed both ways.

Cheers bud, I selected 19th October. Hope it all goes well...

A day an a half using this phone and I have to say it's really awesome! The size is perfect, so comfortable. The screen is great and I'm realising now that a 2k/4k screen on a phone is nonsense, a 4k/8k TV yes definitely, but on a phone not so important, but the best is there's no fingerprints on it at all. The sound on it is actually pretty decent as well, despite many youtubers saying otherwise. And I'm a guy who likes good quality sound but people who are after good sound would buy good speakers to stream music to anyway, at last I never listen to music just out of my phone's speakers. Finally, Android 11 is so refined and intuitive. Of course, I'm coming from a 5 year-old Nexus 6P with Android 8 so for me is a big jump. Battery is amazing too, at 7am I had 34% and now 6 hours later it's still at 30%.
    Once I get the headphones I'll be even happier!

Came online to compliment the battery. Charged it on Wednesday night, and it has been unplugged since 7am Thursday morning. It's now 1 o'clock on Friday, and I have 25% left.
    During that time, I have watched some Disney +, taken photos and videos, streamed spotify onto my bluetooth speaker, amongst other things.
    Very impressed so far.

Dont have any screen protector on the phone yet, but have one arriving today. Part of me wants to avoid using it

Dont have any screen protector on the phone yet, but have one arriving today. Part of me wants to avoid using it

I've never used screen protectors and I've never broken or scratched a screen. I hate the look and feel of screen protectors.
    This really depends on the person, if you work in construction or something along those lines (or are just accident prone) then yes your phone needs all the protection it can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Me neither, horrible things.

I've never used screen protectors and I've never broken or scratched a screen. I hate the look and feel of screen protectors.
    This really depends on the person, if you work in construction or something along those lines (or are just accident prone) then yes your phone needs all the protection it can get.

I've had a flip case on my last three phones, but not a fan of those either, and went with one of the simple google cases for this.
    I probably just need to be a little more careful initially with this phone, while I get used the screen being open.
    Considering i'm wfh all day at the moment, and the phone is resting on a stand, I should be safe enough *touch wood*

• Advertisement

Anyone figured out how to claim the YouTube Premium 3-month promo? And does it also include YT Music? Spotify has been awful flaky recently so I'm considering switching my subscription to YT Music, but it'd be great if I could trial it for a good bit first.
    nHojEiE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Anyone figured out how to claim the YouTube Premium 3-month promo? And does it also include YT Music? Spotify has been awful flaky recently so I'm considering switching my subscription to YT Music, but it'd be great if I could trial it for a good bit first.
    nHojEiE.png
    You'll get the offer of 3 months free from signing up from your phone, through the individual apps. Though if youve had a subscription for them before (even a trial) you won't be eligible

Meesared wrote: »
    You'll get the offer of 3 months free from signing up from your phone, through the individual apps. Though if youve had a subscription for them before (even a trial) you won't be eligible

Ah yes! You have to do it from YouTube and you get both YT and YT Music. I was trying from YT Music and it only shows the normal 1 month trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Don't do it - live a little!

Why buy something nice then put it in a plastic case with a film over the screen. The screen and hand feel of the Pixel are really great.

Anyone get their headphones claim approved recently. Mine was approved within few hours few weeks back but friend submitted his Tuesday and still nothing although it says 2 days.

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone get their headphones claim approved recently. Mine was approved within few hours few weeks back but friend submitted his Tuesday and still nothing although it says 2 days.

Yeah, I mentioned it a bit further up in the thread. Still wasn't validated after a week, I called their customer care and they did it for me while i was on the phone.

The guy said they're running behind on validations at the moment, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, it will get done eventually.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I mentioned it a bit further up in the thread. Still wasn't validated after a week, I called their customer care and they did it for me while i was on the phone.

The guy said they're running behind on validations at the moment, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, it will get done eventually.

Brilliant, I will tell him to call them tomorrow as he is hoping to get them before Christmas so the quicker the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I redeemed my headphones on Thursday, it seemed to have gone through but when I try to track it I get this message; "Oops! We don't recognise those details. Make sure they're correct and try again"

Also, on a weird side note, does the camera lens come with a fitted scratch protector or am I just imaging things?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I redeemed my headphones on Thursday, it seemed to have gone through but when I try to track it I get this message; "Oops! We don't recognise those details. Make sure they're correct and try again"

Also, on a weird side note, does the camera lens come with a fitted scratch protector or am I just imaging things?

On the tracking website, change the country to Ireland (top right) and try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭914

Those who have the phone now for a while how are you finding it?

On the look out for a new phone and the pixel 5 seems to be ticking the right boxes for me.

The size, battery amd camera are important to me as I like a comfortable phone that can last a day and take good photos out side of that I browse social media so the drop ibln processor I don't see as an issue.

Advertisement