Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Has anyone ordered via Vodafone online for this and receive it already also was it unlocked? (I'm with three)

I was hoping potentially Vodafone may have some device's already in stock

Yeah came unlocked from Vodafone, pretty much next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Fieldog wrote: »
    Pixel stand apparently killed my P4XL, 4 times no less, a stand that was 77 quid iirc...

Gotten refunded for it and bought one of these so interested to hear what issues this one is having?

It was something about the phone having insomnia. The light staying on the screen basically complete opposite to bedtime mode but it seems to have been fixed now.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/11/03/pixel-5-afflicted-with-insomnia-when-paired-with-the-pixel-stand/?amp

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kopite386 wrote: »
    It was something about the phone having insomnia. The light staying on the screen basically complete opposite to bedtime mode but it seems to have been fixed now.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/11/03/pixel-5-afflicted-with-insomnia-when-paired-with-the-pixel-stand/?amp

Yes, that has been fixed with an update to the Pixel stand "app" a few days ago.

There's still an issue with wireless charging where battery % stays at 100% for several hours after charging. For some reason it only happens when wirelessly charging, not when charging directly via the USB C port. Not sure if that's a Pixel stand issue or a system one. The latest November security update doesn't mention anything about it.

My phone is still listed for delivery on Nov 11th-12th
    Still no sign of the money been taken.
    Really want the status to update on the Google store so that I can finally apply for the headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

My headphone claim was approved today, so now we play the waiting game I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Meesared wrote: »
    My headphone claim was approved today, so now we play the waiting game I guess

I'm waiting on mine to be sent out since it was approved on the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

My claim was approved within five mins of submitting it. Got one text to say it was submitted, then another soon after to say it was approve and just to wait for delivery.

Up to 60 days? Eesh! Suppose I can't complain seeing as they were essentially free. Looking forward to getting them.

3 working days and still no approval on my headphone claim. Nothing to say there's an issue with it, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Basil3 wrote: »
    3 working days and still no approval on my headphone claim. Nothing to say there's an issue with it, either.
    Check your spam/junk folder. My emails went straight to my Gmail junk folder, rather embarrassing seeing as the sending email address was Google Promotions <noreply@pixel-offers.com> !!!!

Alun wrote: »
    Check your spam/junk folder. My emails went straight to my Gmail junk folder, rather embarrassing seeing as the sending email address was Google Promotions <noreply@pixel-offers.com> !!!!

Yeah, I have the email to confirm they received my application, just nothing to say it was accepted or rejected within 2 days (at 3 days now). When I track the claim, it just says that the claim was received on the 2nd of Nov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Fieldog wrote: »
    I was going to get it off Vodafone but for returns sake I would go with Google...

Your warranty is with Google though, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Headphones shipped...

Thank you for taking part in the Google Pixel promotion.

Great news! Your reward has been shipped and is on its way to you. You might just need to wait a few days for it to reach you.

Your reward will be delivered to whichever address you entered on your claim submission

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Headphones shipped...

Great news! Your reward has been shipped and is on its way to you. You might just need to wait a few days for it to reach you.

Your reward will be delivered to whichever address you entered on your claim submission
    When was your claim validated and in Ireland?

jozi wrote: »
    When was your claim validated and in Ireland?

Ordered from Amazon uk, delivered to my home address in Ireland.

The primary address on the amazon account is my partners in northern ireland and I used it to process the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

My phone is still listed for delivery on Nov 11th-12th
    Still no sign of the money been taken.
    Really want the status to update on the Google store so that I can finally apply for the headphones

Any more movement from anyone stuck on the "Not yet dispatched" notification on Google Store?

My delivery date in still Nov 18 - 19 but the 18th will be exactly 45 days from my purchase date of Oct 4, and the Bose Headphone promotion can only be redeemed between 14 to 45 days after the purchase date, so I might be too late summiting my IMEI on the redemption page.

I've been onto four different Google Support Agents and they seem to know as much as anybody on Boards does about the whole situation. I'm beyond frustrated at this stage.

Phat Cat wrote: »
    Any more movement from anyone stuck on the "Not yet dispatched" notification on Google Store?

My delivery date in still Nov 18 - 19 but the 18th will be exactly 45 days from my purchase date of Oct 4, and the Bose Headphone promotion can only be redeemed between 14 to 45 days after the purchase date, so I might be too late summiting my IMEI on the redemption page.

I've been onto four different Google Support Agents and they seem to know as much as anybody on Boards does about the whole situation. I'm beyond frustrated at this stage.

I ordered the same date as you, but have an earlier delivery date. No change yet at all. Thought payment might come from my account this week, but no sign of it happening yet.

Being honest, if I hadn't bought a case from Google when I ordered the phone, I would have cancelled my order by now. I dont need the headphones, as I have a pair of the exact ones already.
    The whole process seems a bit ridiculous. Buying via Google seems to have been the worst decision. Should have just gone through Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

I don't know, I think we should be ok, on the order confirmation email it says:
    Important: If you’ve purchased a Google Pixel 5, you may be eligible to submit a claim for a pair of Bose QC 35 II wireless headphones on us. To redeem, follow the steps on the redemption page between 14 to 45 days after delivery. Available while stocks last. Terms apply*.

So that's after delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

danicm wrote: »
    So that's after delivery.

That's weird, a few weeks ago I read this on the promotion page:
    14 days from the order date before submitting your claim. When the wait period is over, submit your claim (select United Kingdom or Ireland) for your free Bose QC 35 II headphones. You'll need to do this within 45 days of the order date.

Anyway that 'Avaibile while stocks last' doesn't fill me with confidence and I'd half expect any late claims to be greeted by a message saying 'Sorry, we've exhausted all headphone stock'.

Anyway that 'Avaibile while stocks last' doesn't fill me with confidence and I'd half expect any late claims to be greeted by a message saying 'Sorry, we've exhausted all headphone stock'.

Pretty sure the 'while stocks last' only applies to the 4a 5G offer. You should be fine with the Pixel 5. Also bear in mind that 4a 5G orders only started yesterday, so I'd say they're a long way off stock running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Der863

Is 5G compatible on Eir and Three with the Pixel 5? Or only Vodafone?

• Advertisement

Der863 wrote: »
    Is 5G compatible on Eir and Three with the Pixel 5? Or only Vodafone?

Any network, as long as you're on a 5G plan.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Any network, as long as you're on a 5G plan.

Are you sure as I've been on the pixel community and a lot of people are having difficulty receiving 5G however I didn't see anything about Irish Networks on there. The carrier has to reach out to Google for 5G certification. I just want to make sure it's available for the Pixel 5 before I opt for a Eir or Three 5G plan

Der863 wrote: »
    Are you sure as I've been on the pixel community and a lot of people are having difficulty receiving 5G however I didn't see anything about Irish Networks on there. The carrier has to reach out to Google for 5G certification. I just want to make sure it's available for the Pixel 5 before I opt for a Eir or Three 5G plan

Is this in Europe or the US that people are struggling to get 5G?

Edit: you might be right, only Vodafone listed on the Pixel site. Maybe someone here has 5g on one of the other networks

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/10082009?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I got switched to the 5G sim only plan on Eir and I'm not getting any 5G signal, on either network search or through Eir direct

Eir has to reach out to Google for certification by the looks of it. Eir has the best 5g coverage in my area followed by Three. Vodafone is very slow to roll out their 5G network nationwide.

There is a way around this such as rooting your Pixel and entering commands but it's too much hassle for me I'll just wait

Money just left my account

So excited :p

No change to my order on the Google Store yet. Delivery date is still listed for November 11/12 and I can still cancel if I want

I have contacted Three web support and Google Pixel 5 is compatible with 5G. I couldn't get through to Eir

Money just left my account

So excited :p

No change to my order on the Google Store yet. Delivery date is still listed for November 11/12 and I can still cancel if I want

Unable to cancel my order now :itshappening.gif:

Also, there is some "Just Black" stock available on the Google site again at the moment

• Advertisement

Headphones out for delivery today :o)
    Delboy5 wrote: »
    Headphones shipped...

Advertisement