Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just had a notification from Revolut of €618 from Google, so I guess my order from September 30th isn't cancelled?
    Oh hey my payment went through too

And I can no longer cancel my order on the store page. So I assume its gonna be shipped soon?

Mine still says November 11th :(
    Payment not yet taken, and I can still cancel. Hopefully some movement this week.

Probably a stupid question. I have a Samsung wireless charger that I use with my S9 currently. Will this work with the Pixel 5?

Meesared wrote: »
    And I can no longer cancel my order on the store page. So I assume its gonna be shipped soon?

Yeah, I'd say so. I could still cancel mine up until 5 mins ago, has just changed now. Should easily be getting it this week.

Mine still says November 11th :(
    Payment not yet taken, and I can still cancel. Hopefully some movement this week.

Probably a stupid question. I have a Samsung wireless charger that I use with my S9 currently. Will this work with the Pixel 5?

Yeah, it's just the standard Qi wireless charging. From my experience, it seems kinda slow compared to other phones I've had using the same chargers, but it might be a little bit more fiddly with the phone placement due to the way they've done the wireless charging with an aluminium phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

You can tell if it's moving by the message above the order.

When the payment is being taken and they're preparing to ship it, you can no longer change the delivery address. It changes to just "We'll email you when your delivery is on the way"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Should be ok. My car has a Qi compatible charging tray in it and they works fine, but then the charging area is quite large, as it doesn't matter which way round the phone goes. If your charger is smaller you may have to move the phone around a bit to find the sweet spot.

Alun wrote: »
    Should be ok. My car has a Qi compatible charging tray in it and they works fine, but then the charging area is quite large, as it doesn't matter which way round the phone goes. If your charger is smaller you may have to move the phone around a bit to find the sweet spot.

Perfect. The charging area is a decent size. Circular, so hopefully should be fine.
    I use it all the time at home, as its in my home office, and doubles as a stand for the phone. Need to start unplugging the charger when not needed though :D

How did people claim for the Bose headphones after it has been shipped but before they've actually received it? I can see the IMEI number on the order, but I have to check that I've received it already, and the order page only says that it's dispatched.

What did people use for their proof of purchase?

How did people claim for the Bose headphones after it has been shipped but before they've actually received it? I can see the IMEI number on the order, but I have to check that I've received it already, and the order page only says that it's dispatched.

What did people use for their proof of purchase?
    Easy, you lie, they have no way of knowing if you received it or not :-) I used a screen shot of the invoice as proof.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Easy, you lie, they have no way of knowing if you received it or not :-) I used a screen shot of the invoice as proof.

So just the original email confirmation of the order, and you crop out the bit where it says you can cancel until it goes to the warehouse?

So just the original email confirmation of the order, and you crop out the bit where it says you can cancel until it goes to the warehouse?
    If you go to the Google store, select your order, and the page with the order confirmation and the IMEI on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

theintern wrote: »
    You can tell if it's moving by the message above the order.

When the payment is being taken and they're preparing to ship it, you can no longer change the delivery address. It changes to just "We'll email you when your delivery is on the way"

Got shipping information just there. Ordered 1st October. Delivery originally 11th/12th November.

Another dumb question....

Did anyone get a shipping confirmation/tracking for the headphones, or do they just randomly show up one day after your claim has been confirmed?

Did anyone get a shipping confirmation/tracking for the headphones, or do they just randomly show up one day after your claim has been confirmed?

Nothing yet. I don't think anyone here has received theirs yet have they? On the tracking page there's just a generic message that they're preparing them for dispatch within 14 days. I assume they'll send an email when they eventually ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

kopite386 wrote: »
    I saw online some people are having issues with their pixel 5 connected to a pixel stand. Is anyone using their pixel 5 with the stand and having any issues?

Pixel stand apparently killed my P4XL, 4 times no less, a stand that was 77 quid iirc...

Gotten refunded for it and bought one of these so interested to hear what issues this one is having?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

On the claim confirmation email they say...

"We'll then try our very best to get your free Bose QC 35 II headphones sent out to you within 14 days of validating your claim. However, in certain circumstances, fulfilment can take up to 60 days. We'll email you as soon as your reward is being dispatched."

Note the email went into my Gmail spam. Waiting for the claim to be validated now.

Panda5000 wrote: »
    On the claim confirmation email they say...

"We'll then try our very best to get your free Bose QC 35 II headphones sent out to you within 14 days of validating your claim. However, in certain circumstances, fulfilment can take up to 60 days. We'll email you as soon as your reward is being dispatched."

Note the email went into my Gmail spam. Waiting for the claim to be validated now.

Yeah, I was just checking because a lot people here already claimed a couple of weeks ago, and I hadn't heard of anyone saying they had received their dispatch email for the headphones.

It's pretty crazy, after ordering on release day and being told my Pixel 5 order had been cancelled, it was sent yesterday and is out for delivery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Redwid

Got my Pixel 5 that's I've lucky to order on 1 November (thanks to UptimeRobot). Delivered from Netherlands today.

Surprisingly it has the same size as Pixel 2.

Comparison: Pixel 4, Pixel 5 and Pixel 2

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Redwid wrote: »
    Got my Pixel 5 that's I've lucky to order on 1 November (thanks to UptimeRobot). Delivered from Netherlands today.

Surprisingly it has the same size as Pixel 2.

Comparison: Pixel 4, Pixel 5 and Pixel 2

You ordered on the 1st and got it today just 2 days after??? No way!!! That's very unfair, how is Google managing/prioritising orderers I wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Last in first out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Panda5000 wrote: »
    Last in first out? :)

giphy.gif

Their first post in 4 years to say that :D

If it's any consolation, they don't get the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Yeah, I was just checking because a lot people here already claimed a couple of weeks ago, and I hadn't heard of anyone saying their dispatch email for the headphones.

I'm still waiting on mine to be dispatched, I ordered during the announcement and had my claim validated on the 13rh

So I called Eir to get switched to the 5G sim only plan, and they apparantly havent launched them yet, and wont be till January. Despite them being on the website for the last week???

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

jozi wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on mine to be dispatched, I ordered during the announcement and had my claim validated on the 13rh

Claim validated on the 19th October nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Redwid

Their first post in 4 years to say that :D

ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    Reading, not posting.

I've prepared to wait for at least 2 weeks to get it dispatch, and was really surprised that got it so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sensational swartz

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it this week. But it seems Google's own supply is all over the place

Considering ordering it from Vodafone instead. Has anyone ordered via Vodafone online for this and receive it already also was it unlocked? (I'm with three)

I was hoping potentially Vodafone may have some device's already in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on it this week. But it seems Google's own supply is all over the place

Considering ordering it from Vodafone instead. Has anyone ordered via Vodafone online for this and receive it already also was it unlocked? (I'm with three)

I was going to get it off Vodafone but for returns sake I would go with Google...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

They are unlocked.

The headphone offers is over but now Vodafone do have a 50 euro off when you Switch deal so get a free sim and buy it for 579.

Advertisement