Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

skodacb wrote: »
    Ordered and paid with Revolut which is connected to Google Pay, I made sure I used the proper card(physical) not the disposable ones and had no issue with them taking pre-authorization, returning it 7 days later and then taking it from my account again yesterday.

Yeah, it actually makes no sense. I used a physical card and they took the initial payment which was returned I'm not sure how he came to the conclusion the order was cancelled without anything to say it actually is. Guess I'll just leave it for now and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did anyone order and pay with Revolut?

After almost 2 hours on live chat, with escalation to other teams etc, I've been told that my order from September 30th was cancelled and I need to contact my financial institution. Weird, because I was never told there was an issue with payment, and haven't been contacted by Google or Revolut. Plenty of funds available as well.

Same thing happened to me but different bank. Got order received notification email and then when I went to track the order it said order had been cancelled. I rang Vodafone and was told it was a systems error and there was nothing they could do. Quite annoyed as now I miss out on the promotional offer...

Same thing happened to me but different bank. Got order received notification email and then when I went to track the order it said order had been cancelled. I rang Vodafone and was told it was a systems error and there was nothing they could do. Quite annoyed as now I miss out on the promotional offer...

Yeah, that's just Vodafone being Vodafone. That's par for the course with them. I wouldn't expect the same from Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yeah, that's just Vodafone being Vodafone. That's par for the course with them. I wouldn't expect the same from Google.

Sorry missed mention of Google, hope they honor the offer for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Did anyone order and pay with Revolut?

After almost 2 hours on live chat, with escalation to other teams etc, I've been told that my order from September 30th was cancelled and I need to contact my financial institution. Weird, because I was never told there was an issue with payment, and haven't been contacted by Google or Revolut. Plenty of funds available as well.

I'm in the same boat - normal bank CC though.

Just wondering what live chat region you were diverted to? I've contacted them twice and got through to NA both times and they say they can't deal with my order as I placed it in Ireland. They try to "connect to the right chat queue" but "it's very busy and they can't get a slot" so "they will forward my query as an email to them".

When I open the chat session my language is English United Kingdom.

* shrug *

• Advertisement

Idleater wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat - normal bank CC though.

Just wondering what live chat region you were diverted to? I've contacted them twice and got through to NA both times and they say they can't deal with my order as I placed it in Ireland. They try to "connect to the right chat queue" but "it's very busy and they can't get a slot" so "they will forward my query as an email to them".

When I open the chat session my language is English United Kingdom.

* shrug *

Had the same. I waited for an hour before they put me on to the people that deal with Irish store orders. Long and short of it was 'sorry, order is cancelled'.

When I thought about the fact that I'd already been charged and refunded, so there was clearly no issue with my payment method, I tried to contact them again and was quickly told I would only be contacted via email support now.

I feel like I've been ghosted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

My pixel 5 has shipped. I plan to sell it sealed in box as I've realised it's too small. Phone size comparison shows it has the same height screen as my oneplus 5t but is narrower. In fact it has exactly the same size screen and aspect ratio as my wife's Galaxy S10 which is definitely too small for me. Will probably get the 4a 5g, would have liked wireless charging though :(

Can I still claim headphones with the imei in the shipping email or are they enforcing the 2 weeks in your possession rule now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

2 weeks from date of order. You can claim now while it's shipping if it's been 2+weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

jozi wrote: »
    2 weeks from date of order. You can claim now while it's shipping if it's been 2+weeks

Just looking at the claims page - there's a "You have received your new google pixel phone checkbox"

Any harm in checking it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Finally delivered. Was like a cat on a hot tin roof all day waiting for DHL to deliver.

The uniform bezels and 90hz screen are the stand outs so far.

No issues with any panel gap some seem to have. Speaker's are an improvement over my previous 3A, a bit louder though blocking the bottom speaker does cut most of the sound as to be expected.

The texture of the back is nice and grippy, similar to other board members it does have a cardboard type texture feel to it.

Calls are clear and crisp.

I'll leave it settle over the next few days to gauge the battery, though it came with 70% on boot and with 1.5 hours screen time and setting up etc it has used 16% battery.

Edit: So first full day with the phone and the battery has done it's job. 7 hours SOT with the gauntlet thrown at it. Nothing switched off, maps, streaming music, messaging, YouTube, Snapchat, calls and a constant bounce in signal quality.

A day at home or not using maps could easily hit the 9-10 hour mark.

Some attached screenshots of usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

I got a text immediately but it just said "Thank you for submitting your claim, we'll update you within the next 2 days"

Edit: I'm an idiot. I was tracking on the UK site. Checked it on the Irish one and it's all good :)

You are not an edit. When they send the validation mail the link they give you in the email is for the UK site.

Any sign of headphones turning up? My claim was validated the 14th but no word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

jozi wrote: »
    Any sign of headphones turning up? My claim was validated the 14th but no word yet.

Says it can take up to 60 days here: https://support.google.com/product-documentation/answer/10070211?p=bose_promotion&visit_id=637395688295028514-1115672089&rd=1

danicm wrote: »

I'm wondering because I've seen some in the UK have received theirs. Good in also a little impatient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Ordered mine on 16th, says estimated arrival is 18-20th November, the wait is painful!

Anyone else see different dates?

Presume Google are probably concentrating on the US stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Had the same. I waited for an hour before they put me on to the people that deal with Irish store orders. Long and short of it was 'sorry, order is cancelled'.

To follow up on this, I twice contacted the store support - the second time I just said put me through to whatever queue deals with Irish orders. 30 minutes later (just when a work meeting was starting :rolleyes:) I got through and the agent checked everything and it's all okay - not phantom cancelled. So I guess I was just unlucky in not being selected for the first batch to be sent out.

My green phone case arrived today though, so I can attach that to my Pixel2 and pretend.

WezzyB wrote: »
    Ordered mine on 16th, says estimated arrival is 18-20th November, the wait is painful!

Mine was ordered on the 4th, and delivery date has stated consistent as November 11th.
    I don't expect any changes at this stage

I ordered on the 6th Oct delivery for the phone is 18-19 Nov, I did get the case ages ago so I some times pick it up and hold it and dream of the day I won't have to wait several seconds for apps to load like I do with my Nexus 6P! To put it in perspective, my wife's Pixel 2 is a Ferrari compared to my Nexus 6P! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Unlikely actually, as the US Pixel 5 differs in the hardware department (mmwave 5G). So the two models of phone are different, they've just not sent enough allocations of the EU device through to cover demand.

Vodafone seem to have healthy stock of black ones though it would seem, so that might be where a lot of them are going rather than Google store preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Am probably going to order the official blue confetti case, anyone else get this?

Going to wait until my order arrives, see its £35 vs €44 (uk store vs irl store) worth using parcel motel or addresspal for that differential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

dar83 wrote: »
    Vodafone seem to have healthy stock of black ones though it would seem, so that might be where a lot of them are going rather than Google store preorders.

If I didn't want the headphones so much I would have cancelled with Google weeks ago and got one from Vodafone instead. These wait times are painful!

Phat Cat wrote: »
    If I didn't want the headphones so much I would have cancelled with Google weeks ago and got one from Vodafone instead. These wait times are painful!

I'd imagine the pandemic and lockdowns all over the world have had a significant impact here, so I'm being painfully patient. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

Ordered after midnight on the night of the 30th Sept, no update from my 11th Nov date. No idea how they're scheduling the deliveries to be honest.

Did anyone submit a headphone claim with a purchase from Vodafone? They have my claim on hold, not happy with my proof of purchase.

Vodafone FAQ says that your email confirming your order can be used as proof of purchase, but this isn't enough for Google. There's nothing else I have except taking a screenshot of my bank account or the despatch note that came with the phone (which shows nothing about the purchase).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I saw online some people are having issues with their pixel 5 connected to a pixel stand. Is anyone using their pixel 5 with the stand and having any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kopite386 wrote: »
    I saw online some people are having issues with their pixel 5 connected to a pixel stand. Is anyone using their pixel 5 with the stand and having any issues?
    No issues here with my stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

theintern wrote: »
    Ordered after midnight on the night of the 30th Sept, no update from my 11th Nov date. No idea how they're scheduling the deliveries to be honest.
    Same, I'm glad im not the only one

Did anyone submit a headphone claim with a purchase from Vodafone? They have my claim on hold, not happy with my proof of purchase.

Vodafone FAQ says that your email confirming your order can be used as proof of purchase, but this isn't enough for Google. There's nothing else I have except taking a screenshot of my bank account or the despatch note that came with the phone (which shows nothing about the purchase).

Ok, the despatch note from Vodafone was enough for it to be accepted.

Still nothing on my supposedly cancelled order at around 11pm on September 30th. Still not showing as cancelled in my orders on the Google Store, so just going to leave it to see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Haven't claimed yet but also never got an email when ordering. Was going to screenshot the order page in MyVodafone. My dispatch was after the offer but order was within it.

• Advertisement

Just had a notification from Revolut of €618 from Google, so I guess my order from September 30th isn't cancelled?

Advertisement