Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    I don’t know what’s happening or why but I’ve gone from winning 4 to 5 games in a row in division 3 a couple of weeks ago to getting relegated to division 4, now on the cusp of relegation to division 5, with no Rivals wins in about 15 games.

I have a great team so it’s not that but I literally cannot win a game anymore. :(

That was me last weekend :pac: went down to div 5, haven’t had too much time to play since but every squad in div 5 is a god squad. I ended up just overhauling my squad with a new formation and new players, been doing well since.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Not playing much this weekend but if I get to 8 wins I get a 100k pack from Milestones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Pointless playing at the moment from what I can see. Lag is horrendous, played 1 & 1/2 games and logged off. Crazy they let this happen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Weird, I’m having a great weekend. I’m 11-3 so far haven’t found any issues with gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Last couple of hours have been terrible here anyway. Will try again tomorrow morning, in the last few games had multiple instances of the screen freezing for 2-3 seconds which is a lifetime in the game obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

12-8 currently.

Honestly, I was surprised when I saw that, cause I felt I was having an awful weekend.

14 should be doable. Can I get a 5-5 record to hit 17? Time is probably going to be an issue tho. Busy tomorrow.

Two jumbo rare player packs. One for fivty rival wins, one for 500 goals.

In both, the best card was the same 82 rated Portuguese LB IF. Absolutely nothing of note in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Weird, I’m having a great weekend. I’m 11-3 so far haven’t found any issues with gameplay.

I played Rivals today and found the gameplay was mental but was winning at least. Then went into my first 3 WL games and things were back to normal so honestly I am more confused then ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

8-12 worst weekend I have had and my team is the best it has ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Soz arciphel it's my first Co op game ��

Same here! Shur at least we scored a goal! And unlocked some objectives... give me a shout if you want to give it another go at any stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

That was me last weekend :pac: went down to div 5, haven’t had too much time to play since but every squad in div 5 is a god squad. I ended up just overhauling my squad with a new formation and new players, been doing well since.

Ended up taking a break and having a look at some 4-2-3-1 custom tactic videos. Liked the look of what The FIFA Analyst was running so gave it a go.

4 wins in a row, averaging 4 goals a game so hopefully that continues!

I’ve also been trying to add some more skill moves into my game and been having some success with the Berba Spin, La Croqueta and then the elastico with Neymar. I’m far from adept at them and will often panic or get confused about what I should use in what situation, but I’ve gone from never using any of the above to starting to add them in a little more each day.

I have to say Neymar is so, so good. I’m really lucky to have packed him. Everything he does seems to be at twice the speed of my other players!

Ended up taking a break and having a look at some 4-2-3-1 custom tactic videos. Liked the look of what The FIFA Analyst was running so gave it a go.

4 wins in a row, averaging 4 goals a game so hopefully that continues!

I’ve also been trying to add some more skill moves into my game and been having some success with the Berba Spin, La Croqueta and then the elastico with Neymar. I’m far from adept at them and will often panic or get confused about what I should use in what situation, but I’ve gone from never using any of the above to starting to add them in a little more each day.

I have to say Neymar is so, so good. I’m really lucky to have packed him. Everything he does seems to be at twice the speed of my other players!

Nice one man. The elastico was so good pre-nerf... still useful now but need to have good timing with it. Another useful skill move is the feint and turn back - just flick your right trigger to the opposite direction your player is running. One of my favourite skills... makes mince of so many players. Skill move cancel is also very broken if you time it correctly with the croqueta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mentally, the whole Rodrigo, ASM, Adama Meta is burning me out. Every single game this weekend is the same, and it’s boring as hell.

It's rulebreaker Williams every game for me. Seems to have replaced Rodrigo, did't see much of him this weekend league. And I now absolutely hate that Williams card :D

I was having a great start to my WL matches, I was going for my 8th win from 9 games, I was in the zone. I get matched with a guy running Messi and Ronaldo up front and he was a dam good player too. So I knew I was going to need a bit of luck and to be really disciplined. I manged to get a goal either side of half time and I am pretty happy with my overall control of the game. Cue the 65th min I am standing up Ronaldo on the edge of my box but I should be ok as long as I don't lunge in.

All of a sudden BOOM BOOM BOOM, some little prick is after banging on my bloody living room window and bolting, in shock :eek: I involuntarily move my left stick up and let Ronaldo walk in and bury it. Conceded straight from my own tip and end up going to extra time only to lose a goal in 120th minute.

After that I took a break but my focus wasn't there and my form fell apart, so I have 12W6L now.

Moral of the story: I hate kids! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

3 games left and need 1 win for Gold 3

3 times in the last hour iv had disconnections in the lead, one 3-0 before HT and one was 4-1 at 85 mins

Iv had 7/8 the last 2 days and always while in the lead, and always able to immediately get back into FUT as well

Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Has anyone tried Salah and if so, what did you think of him?

I’m debating an upgrade on Moura as RAM but Salah’s 3 star weak foot concerns me a bit.

That said I would be subbing whoever I get in on so chemistry isn’t an issue so I could even go for someone like Rashford either. I wonder what he’d be like as a RAM?

I’m debating an upgrade on Moura as RAM but Salah’s 3 star weak foot concerns me a bit.

That said I would be subbing whoever I get in on so chemistry isn’t an issue so I could even go for someone like Rashford either. I wonder what he’d be like as a RAM?

I use him as a RAM on 7 Chem, I was going back and forth with Bale and Lucas but wasn't really impressed with either. Rashford going wide causes people to panic and helps to open up the defence.

With Lucas I found I was able to pass it around better but lacked penetration against tougher opposition. Even when you don't do everything right with Rashford, he tends to get the break of the ball when Lucas and Bale never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I packed him untradeable yesterday out of one of those gold upgrade packs. I usually find that I can't get either RW/RCAM or LW/LCAM involved in the game as much, only difference here is that he can finesse a goal in on his left foot from just about anywhere if you think you have a shot! Handy if you are having trouble breaking down defenses.

Played 5 and won 5 in WL since packing him, and three of the games which could have gone either way went mine due to him belting them in out of nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

3 games left and need 1 win for Gold 3

3 times in the last hour iv had disconnections in the lead, one 3-0 before HT and one was 4-1 at 85 mins

Iv had 7/8 the last 2 days and always while in the lead, and always able to immediately get back into FUT as well

Very frustrating

Are you on xbox???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Those no boundaries friendlies are impossible to get a win in I have decided. Fellas with teams packed full of icons is all I come up against.

Went one down to a team full of icons and meta players. Went 4-2-4 constant pressure pushed right up, balls to the wall. It was some craic. Went 2-1 up somehow, he equalised last min we went to ET. he got two quick goals, I got it back to 4-3 but couldn't equalise. Was so disappointed when the highest rated player in my side was 82!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Stichy wrote: »
    Are you on xbox???

No Ps4, havent had the heart to try since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

No Ps4, havent had the heart to try since

I know there is an issue on xbox that if you hit "resume match" from the pause menu it can disconnect you it cost me 3 games last weekend. I'm not sure if its a issue on the Playstation and its soul destroying especially when you're winning its very hard keep the motivation to play on.

14-12.

I actually hit 14-9, I think, but can’t get the three wins from the final 7 matches to get up to 17. Certainly can’t see me doing 3 in four now. Nor do I think I’ll have the time.

Maybe I’ll leave it and convince myself I’d have done it :P

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Those no boundaries friendlies are impossible to get a win in I have decided. Fellas with teams packed full of icons is all I come up against.

Went one down to a team full of icons and meta players. Went 4-2-4 constant pressure pushed right up, balls to the wall. It was some craic. Went 2-1 up somehow, he equalised last min we went to ET. he got two quick goals, I got it back to 4-3 but couldn't equalise. Was so disappointed when the highest rated player in my side was 82!!!

Play 1 depth, long ball, full bar players in the box. Sit back and just hoof it up.. rotten tactics but it gets the job done vs all the icons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Griezmann from the 50 WL wins 100k. Thought it was Mbappe :o

Opened my 500 goal and 500 assist jumbo player packs. So many duplicates and best I got was Reguilon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭dmigsy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    It's rulebreaker Williams every game for me. Seems to have replaced Rodrigo, did't see much of him this weekend league. And I now absolutely hate that Williams card :D

I'm playing with Rodrigo and Rulebreaker Williams :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Play 1 depth, long ball, full bar players in the box. Sit back and just hoof it up.. rotten tactics but it gets the job done vs all the icons :pac:

I will give it a try in the next one, thank you sir

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

How good is Mbappe compared with IF Rashford? I've saved up enough coins that I could just about get Mbappe but having doubts about whether he is worth it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Pizzle wrote: »
    How good is Mbappe compared with IF Rashford? I've saved up enough coins that I could just about get Mbappe but having doubts about whether he is worth it or not.

I've used both. Nothing compares to IF Rashford. The guys just a gamechanger.

Advertisement