Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Think I'm entirely done with Rivals unless it's needed for Objectives, it's pointless Mon-Wed and because Thursday is the only day it matters it's 10x more toxic than the worst weekends of FUT Champs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Don’t forget guys tonight is the first night of those FGS streaming things.

You have to watch for at least 60 minutes to qualify for a token. I presume everyone partaking will just be firing up the stream on their phone and doing something else which is exactly what I’ll be doing too.

If your EA account is not already linked to your Twitch account it might be worth having a look at that now as that needs to happen to get your token after the stream and I had a lot of back and forth with it earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

BrentMused wrote: »

You have to watch for at least 60 minutes to qualify for a token. I presume everyone partaking will just be firing up the stream on their phone and doing something else which is exactly what I’ll be doing too.

If your EA account is not already linked to your Twitch account it might be worth having a look at that now as that needs to happen to get your token after the stream and I had a lot of back and forth with it earlier.

https://twitter.com/UltimateTeamUK/status/1321842522335944704?s=20

apparently lots of content coming today also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,671 ✭✭✭nerd69

What time is this and how do.you find it on twitch. I have am account but have never really used it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After a few days of using van Dijk I’m strongly considering selling up and going back to Ake.

Seems like madness I know and to be fair I’m a very average player especially when it comes to defending so the issue is more likely to be me than van Dijk, but so far I haven’t seen anything near to 450,000 worth of a difference in quality.

Anyone who has used Ake and Van Dijk have any thoughts?

Ooof, having played 6 games with VVD, this feels very spot on.

I feel I've had this issue before; I really hate investing massive coinage into defenders.

But as you said, there wasn't anything on display so far with VVD that makes me think he's half a million coins worth of an upgrade on my OTW Silva. An upgrade, sure. But not half a million.

Still makes the same mistakes every defender makes. Balls still bobble, AI still lets attackers make runs, etc.

Going to recoup my coins and look elsewhere.

• Advertisement

If found vvd excelent you can be way more agressive with him due to his height. I'm only playing div 5 though so perhaps it's less of a benefit at a higher level

Not sure who to go for next probably if rashford or if gomez to pair with vvd. Anyone played against either and found either particularly annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

nerd69 wrote: »
    What time is this and how do.you find it on twitch. I have am account but have never really used it

starts at 6, search for the EASPORTSFIFA channel

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Played about 10 games with vvd, very impressive wins everything

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I have OTW Allan, Fred, Wijnaldum and Sissoko, what’s the best pairing for cdm box/box?

At the minute I have Allan and Fred but recently packed Wijnaldum and Sissoko and see they’re expensive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Think I'm entirely done with Rivals unless it's needed for Objectives, it's pointless Mon-Wed and because Thursday is the only day it matters it's 10x more toxic than the worst weekends of FUT Champs

Im stuck in Div.5, got relegated a couple of days ago and 90% of games so far is against superstar teams rated 88-90, drag backs and flicks everywhere, completely different to last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads, anyone interesting in doing some co-op matches to unlock some objectives?

PS4 -> Arciphel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Played a bunch of rivals matches tonight it did not go well. Suddenly my team were all playing like bambi on ice.

Also ran into a glitch where the pitch, players and stadium were all black. If that happens in WL I will go mad.

Tested out Pogba in midfield vs Sissoko and ended up going back to Sissoko, he is just too useful defensively.

Played against IF Rashford and Ronaldo up front and got smashed. IF Rashford makes CR7 look poor.

Sold Pogba and OTW Partey for a small profit and used the funds for IF Rashford. Not sure what team I will end up running in WL.

I am thinking of selling VVD for IF Gomez. As good as he is VVD always seems to get caught for pace and I really think its costing me games now. What are peoples opinion on normal Gomez?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Parawind wrote: »
    Played a bunch of rivals matches tonight it did not go well. Suddenly my team were all playing like bambi on ice.

Due to the 30 game limit, Thursday in Rivals is worse than any day of Weekend League as people are trying to get as many of the 30 games in as possible before WL kicks off the next day.

A lot of the top players have dropped down to divisions 4 and 5 as the rewards for rank 1 in those divisions are better than a mid-division rank in division 1, so depending on what division you’re in you’ve probably came up against division 1 standard players trying to get as many games as possible done in one night.

I don’t even bother playing Rivals on Thursdays now as it’s a nightmare.

Also ran into a glitch where the pitch, players and stadium were all black. If that happens in WL I will go mad.

Tested out Pogba in midfield vs Sissoko and ended up going back to Sissoko, he is just too useful defensively.

Played against IF Rashford and Ronaldo up front and got smashed. IF Rashford makes CR7 look poor.

Sold Pogba and OTW Partey for a small profit and used the funds for IF Rashford. Not sure what team I will end up running in WL.

I am thinking of selling VVD for IF Gomez. As good as he is VVD always seems to get caught for pace and I really think its costing me games now. What are peoples opinion on normal Gomez?

this just happened to me, if its the same thing game is about to start but whole screen just went blank/black instead of entering the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same, not worth it. Try to get most of my Rivals games done Sun-Wed where I can. I find if I'm not in work during the day it's the best time to play, quality of opponent always much lower than playing in the evening.

Due to the 30 game limit, Thursday in Rivals is worse than any day of Weekend League as people are trying to get as many of the 30 games in as possible before WL kicks off the next day.

A lot of the top players have dropped down to divisions 4 and 5 as the rewards for rank 1 in those divisions are better than a mid-division rank in division 1, so depending on what division you’re in you’ve probably came up against division 1 standard players trying to get as many games as possible done in one night.

Well I am in Div2 so normally end up matched with Div1 players regardless and normally play all my rivals on a Thursday. I can't quite put my finger on it but the games just all felt off. Hard to tell with just one sitting, honestly I might have just been wound up as a result of the bug and a few bad results then making poor decisions, a more sensible person would have put down the controller and taken a break :D

But I'll be able to tell pretty quickly after I finish my rivals games tonight.
    chips1234 wrote: »
    this just happened to me, if its the same thing game is about to start but whole screen just went blank/black instead of entering the game.

No mine was different, the below video is what I experienced, except my opponents players were even harder to see due to the kit they were wearing, looked like the ref was one of my opponents players so I kept trying to mark him lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEKnJZCIEwQ&ab_channel=SamPerkins

got untradeable martial yesterday what a player, cant believe how good he is

Well I am in Div2 so normally end up matched with Div1 players regardless and normally play all my rivals on a Thursday. I can't quite put my finger on it but the games just all felt off. Hard to tell with just one sitting, honestly I might have just been wound up as a result of the bug and a few bad results then making poor decisions, a more sensible person would have put down the controller and taken a break :D

But I'll be able to tell pretty quickly after I finish my rivals games tonight.

No mine was different, the below video is what I experienced, except my opponents players were even harder to see due to the kit they were wearing, looked like the ref was one of my opponents players so I kept trying to mark him lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEKnJZCIEwQ&ab_channel=SamPerkins

there is alot of people complaining about the game being completely sluggish right now, its does feel like everything is slowed down, also just played a dude using a brown ball that looked fcking tiny on the screen and barely able to see it at times, as osmosis said the other day they need to change that people cant use their own balls in champs/rivals cos i thought i was gonna have a stroke at one stage while playing the game.

chips1234 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/UltimateTeamUK/status/1321842522335944704?s=20

apparently lots of content coming today also.

Hopefully another Rulebreaker Objective Player. Like when you think about it the Ultimate Scream Objective player last year was an 87 rated Ozil. And this year we get an 84 rated card. Now I would argue that the 84 Mukiele is definitely more useable than Ozil was last year, but was still nice to have that higher rated card.

Does the max sale value ever go up on a card? I have if renato sanchez that I got long ago when it was going cheaper. Seems it's in the meta now so I'd sell but not for the 150000 he's maxed out at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

nerd69 wrote: »
    Does the max sale value ever go up on a card? I have if renato sanchez that I got long ago when it was going cheaper. Seems it's in the meta now so I'd sell but not for the 150000 he's maxed out at.

It does but it's at EA's discretion when it happens and there's no time it happens, and lots will be investing in him hoping to do the same so once the price range gets put up there will be a flood of him onto the market

Thanks. May just keep him so he's very good anyway

When did rainbow flicks become so common? Felt like it used to be something you saw in one in a hundred games. Now, every second game, people try them. Usually poorly and giving up possession in the process.

I’m guessing one of the youtubers spoke about it or something....

have noticed that myself, but as you say poorly executed 9 times out of 10. still it increasies satisfaction beating players like that

Lord TSC wrote: »
    When did rainbow flicks become so common? Felt like it used to be something you saw in one in a hundred games. Now, every second game, people try them. Usually poorly and giving up possession in the process.

I’m guessing one of the youtubers spoke about it or something....

In previous FIFAs they are only effective to do over the keeper, but this year it seems to be far more effective when you stand up a defender 1-1.

It seems to be something to do with the defenders vs attackers reactions. Defensive AI seems to really struggle when you flick up a ball.

Yeah I have noticed a few people using it. Most of the time it's pointless, but I came up against one guy who just had it down. Would do that little backwards forward facing drag once or twice into rainbow and every single time my defender would step into it and be out of the game.

Now it was definitely a game where it was decided I wasn't winning before it even started as one of his goals came from tip off when I went 2-0 up and he juggled the ball the length of the pitch with Neymar and volleyed it home without the ball ever touching the ground and all my defenders either stepping out of the way or being totally unable to bring him down no matter what tackle I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cant win a game today, just cant, running into flicks, tricks, and ai unbeatable defenders blocking shots, i have more shots on target, more possession, just cant score, finesse, power, dont matter, hit the post 3 times in one game earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

How's the delay for you guys? Played 10 DR games yesterday around 9PM, half of them were unplayable, lag and screen stutter. I dropped from 1800 to 1650 then back to 1900. How can you maintain so low level of the multiplayer infrastructure for years is beyond me, this company is something else... Two AWS data centers within 15k radius which are likely hosting EA multiplayer platform and still lag fest...

Ping in all games was below 15, even 7 and still ****show, I wish EA would show me the real connection quality, I guess the technology isn't there yet.

I'm based in Dublin, Virgin Media, considering switching to Eir Fibre, hoping for some improvement. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Aguero, Kroos and Lukaku seemingly confirmed for the rulebreakers team 2. Already looking a better team than that first one :pac:

Also packed a Fabinho from MM, fits in my squad nicely, but Zakaria is an absolute rock in midfield at the moment and half reluctant to replace him.

• Advertisement

Ooooh, awesome. I'm one rival win and about 50 goals and assists off getting the expensive packs from milestones, so hopefully pack something decent.
    seamie78 wrote: »
    have noticed that myself, but as you say poorly executed 9 times out of 10. still it increasies satisfaction beating players like that

I posted that message just after facing someone who was trying to spam them. He scored a goal inside of 10 seconds cause I wasn't ready for it, does a mad long celebration.

Put 7 past him before he quit. For the sixth, I did a rainbow flick of my own with Griezmann before burying it with a volley :P

Advertisement