Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14 wins, rank 1 in Div 4 and absolutely nothing of note.

Lopez and an 81 LB in my reds.

Some ok fodder in packs; Szenchy, Loris, Koke, Alderweild.

But absolutely nothing useable at all. Not even as a sub. That’s depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Best I got was an 84 Coman and then Ings from the red picks. Awful rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Div 3, rank 1. Went for untradeables, 4 mega rare, and 2 rare electrum packs, absolutely nothing in them.

Valverde as one of my red picks though, so happy out with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Decent reds but that's 2 weeks in a row of not walkouts from G1 and D1R3 untradeable

Screenshot-20201029-080130.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Didn’t have much time to play this week so ended up with rank 4 in division 3 only.

Took the packs as it only paid out 25,000 coins and one of the packs was the same type as what I pulled Neymar from the other night.

Icardi the best pull so he’ll do for high rated fodder.

I’ll have a bit more time this week to play so hoping to hit rank 1 or 2 in division 4 as I was relegated from division 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Best pull was De Vrij

M8 packed Ronaldo

Back to back weeks with pure dissapointment

I've done something I never really do at this point.

I've invested heavily into my team for the weekend, and pushed aside any fears of losing coins. So, I've gone and bought VVD and Pogba for the team, and will line up like this...

lZkkX5R.png

I figure I spend too much of my time saving for cards and then never actually getting them because some untradeable comes along that's as good if not better. And I stumble to 14 wins every week too, rather than just investing into myself a bit more.

So, screw it. Let's see if VVD and Pogba elevate me a bit. Still have 90k left as well to invest in somewhere. Maybe RB. Or maybe find an upgrade on Milato.

TAA into RB is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Best pull was Lucas Moura but he's untradeable and I already have Bale on LW, which do people prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Got utter trash from my 2 picks.

Da and Joao Pedro, not even good SBC fodder. :(

Div2 Rank1 and Gold 1 WL rewards (went for untradeable)

Timo Werner
    De Ligt

Not sure I have much use for Werner, he seems like a very slight downgrade from IF Ben Yedder and I already have untradeable Auba on the bench as an impact sub, so a bit of a wasted week. I really had higher hopes from those rewards.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Best pull was Lucas Moura but he's untradeable and I already have Bale on LW, which do people prefer?

I replaced Bale with Lucas, I just found he is more involved in the game. Though tbh it depends on your play style. Just leave one on your bench and sub the other off at half time in games and see which you prefer.

After a few days of using van Dijk I’m strongly considering selling up and going back to Ake.

Seems like madness I know and to be fair I’m a very average player especially when it comes to defending so the issue is more likely to be me than van Dijk, but so far I haven’t seen anything near to 450,000 worth of a difference in quality.

Anyone who has used Ake and Van Dijk have any thoughts?

I might give it the weekend to see how things go and if I can get used to him, but after packing Neymar if I sell Mane, Werner and Van Dijk I could probably stretch to buying Mbappe and building around those two.

In-game I’d be using Mbappe ST, Neymar CAM so would need to significantly downgrade on Mane as LAM, but could probably get away with playing someone like Firmino there who I already have.

Decisions, decisions....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Ake always causes me trouble when I play against him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jaysus, was monitoring prices and everything has shot up this morning. Son up 20k and still rising, Aubameyang up 15k, Mane up 30k too.

Think that might be the investments for next week - buy the high rated meta cards for WL.

Got Icardi and a handful of duplicate 83s from rewards. Eh.

Last year it was my Ireland/Japan team, I'm thinking after getting that Zaha maybe I should commit to an Ireland/Ivory Coast team:

1. Already got Red Zaha
    2. They have an Icon (Drogba)
    3. Plenty of players with upgrade potential (Pepe, Aurier, Kessie, Bailly)
    4. Most importantly - The flags will look funny together

Nooooooooooo:

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1321756747527237632?s=21

It used to be very handy in Squad Battles to score 5, use that glitch and get on with other things. It definitely makes it far more of a grind now if it wasn’t already! :(

BrentMused wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo:

It used to be very handy in Squad Battles to score 5, use that glitch and get on with other things. It definitely makes it far more of a grind now if it wasn’t already! :(

Devastated, I already only play SBs for objectives but it's completely dead to me now.

At least allow us to complete SB objectives in co-op so it's not completely boring ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

BrentMused wrote: »
    Nooooooooooo:

Booooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

Best red pick was Max Arnold but did manage to get an untradable UCL KDB so not all bad. Also got a dupe untradable Martial.

This is my first year playing FIFA properly. Can anyone recommend how to improve my backline. PL defenders are too dear Gomez and Van Dijk so was thinking of moving Firmino to CM so I could go with a Brazilian back line? Marquinhos, Diego Carlos and Militao maybe? I have 100k coins and some players I could sell ie Davinson Sanchez to raise more funds.

Or would it just be better to save for van Dijk and Gomez? I'm happy with my forward players and have Rulebreaker Inaki Williams to come off the bench too.

Other notable defenders I have
    Thiago Silva OTW
    Mukiele Rulebreaker
    Diego Carlos

I can't upload an image but my team is.
    GK - Leno
    RB - Bellerin
    CB - Rudiger
    CB - Sanchez
    CB - Zouma
    LB - Regulon
    CM - Fabinho
    CM - De Bruyne
    AM - Firmino
    ST - Vardy
    ST - Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Managed to luck out and get Zaha from WL (and Ings). I'm sitting on 350k but the way the markets going I think it makes sense to just try get to gold in WL with a cheap team and invest in a proper team in a week or two. Prices just seem to be constantly dropping

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 red rewards:

77 Tverskov
    81 Arbilla
    82 Nsame
    82 Joao Pedro

81 Arbilla
    79 Dia
    76 Sergio Santos
    81 Dragowski

WTF are these rewards :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Packed Rashford, Alisson and Walker in my packs today after awful red picks so can't complain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »
    G2 red rewards:

77 Tverskov
    81 Arbilla
    82 Nsame
    82 Joao Pedro

81 Arbilla
    79 Dia
    76 Sergio Santos
    81 Dragowski

WTF are these rewards :eek:

That's pretty much exactly what I got.

Hogey007 wrote: »

The pack odds really need to be independently regulated and reviewed, given the amount of money involved in this racket. Its very clear that EA manipulate the pack luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Bus Wanker wrote: »
    Best red pick was Max Arnold but did manage to get an untradable UCL KDB so not all bad. Also got a dupe untradable Martial.

This is my first year playing FIFA properly. Can anyone recommend how to improve my backline. PL defenders are too dear Gomez and Van Dijk so was thinking of moving Firmino to CM so I could go with a Brazilian back line? Marquinhos, Diego Carlos and Militao maybe? I have 100k coins and some players I could sell ie Davinson Sanchez to raise more funds.

Or would it just be better to save for van Dijk and Gomez? I'm happy with my forward players and have Rulebreaker Inaki Williams to come off the bench too.

Other notable defenders I have
    Thiago Silva OTW
    Mukiele Rulebreaker
    Diego Carlos

I can't upload an image but my team is.
    GK - Leno
    RB - Bellerin
    CB - Rudiger
    CB - Sanchez
    CB - Zouma
    LB - Regulon
    CM - Fabinho
    CM - De Bruyne
    AM - Firmino
    ST - Vardy
    ST - Martial

Tomori and ake are not to expensive and perfectly serviceable imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

From rewards I packed UCL TAA which sold for 33k, untradeable Sissoko and from the 2 player packs I made with dupes I got Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »

Should put promo cards into red picks... with the amount of promos they have, TOTW is becoming mute and best used for fodder in SBCs.

Should put promo cards into red picks... with the amount of promos they have, TOTW is becoming mute and best used for fodder in SBCs.

Absolutely no reason not to do this, just have it like TOTS where the minor league is TOTW and the major league is whatever Promo is in packs. Everyone has a chance of getting a Promo card with Gold 2 and above having at least 1 guaranteed per pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bus Wanker

nerd69 wrote: »
    Tomori and ake are not to expensive and perfectly serviceable imo.

Thanks. Have Tomori. Not sure I can justify the coins on a 79 ake. I changed up a little and did

GK oblak
    Rb navas
    Cb diego carlos
    Cb militao
    Cb nacho fernandez
    Lb regulon

Then put fred in CM and dropped vardy and moved firmino and de bruyne up a slot. Not sure about the lack of pace up front though with firmino. He's a great CAM though.

Looking like my team for this weekend, Icons and Ederson the only tradeables:

0kul4ju.png

How are Fati and Williams as CMs?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    How are Fati and Williams as CMs?

It doesn't make any sense but they're excellent :D

They don't really play as proper CMs though, they're both set to Get Forward, Get into the Box, Conservative Interceptions, and Cover Wing. Gerrard does all the work and you really need someone like that to play this system.

Advertisement