Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

18-12
    Changed the team up as I was struggling with Haaland he just felt slow and cumbersome didn’t make an impact at all.

68-D4621-A-74-E5-40-A9-8877-BB06-E647-F0-AB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

After winning my first two games Friday before the servers went, I'd say I only won one game out of about 12 last night, don't know what was wrong with me, I was coming up against players that I thought I was clearly better then but just kept making such stupid mistakes and couldn't score a goal to save my life :confused:

Packed IF Werner in the middle of it but just couldn't get going with him

Think I'll watch some youtube videos later and play loads of rivals until I find my rhythm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm finding it all a bit deja vu now.
    Kante played a stormer for his first few games and then he just disappeared altogether.
    I ended up putting Sissoko in his place and bringing in baby Zola who's like a dynamo up front. He makes Ben Yedder look lethargic.
    Saved my ass too in WL and brought home my last few wins to make it 14 and I stopped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm finding it all a bit deja vu now.
    Kante played a stormer for his first few games and then he just disappeared altogether.

I had same problem with Benzema, 45 goals and 35 assists in 34 games, now hes plodding around like hes stuck in the mud

Thats some update this morning fixing this and that, that will fix absolutely nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

God bless whoever put Dani Parejo in what I'm assuming is one of the Inaki Williams SBC solutions. All 40 of his cards I bought for 4.5k and less where selling 2-3 a cycle for 9.9k since Saturday.

Finally put a bit of money in the team as well. Picked up Ziyech, Mahrez & Rodrigo for about a combined 35k which I'm pretty happy with given Ziyech was 50k alone 10 days ago.

• Advertisement

A very good video in that he discusses chemistry and how people lock in on it and play inferior players etc at 10 chem than a far better player at 6/7.
    I'm always doing that...kills me seeing players on 7 chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Relegated to div 5 and I swear the calibre of players + squads is 10x better than what I’ve come up against in div 4.

Only played 3 games this morning, one win, one draw and one loss. One draw I conceded in the 92nd min cos my player decided to do that god awful lunge that I’ve no control over and he was through on goal, but every one of those squads was a 500k+ squad.. mad. Wouldn’t have that many this early in previous FIFAs.

Frisbee wrote: »
    God bless whoever put Dani Parejo in what I'm assuming is one of the Inaki Williams SBC solutions. All 40 of his cards I bought for 4.5k and less where selling 2-3 a cycle for 9.9k since Saturday.

Finally put a bit of money in the team as well. Picked up Ziyech, Mahrez & Rodrigo for about a combined 35k which I'm pretty happy with given Ziyech was 50k alone 10 days ago.

He's in the TOTW so could be lack of supply as well

Out of interest, why did you buy 40 of his cards? I finally have enough coins that I now want to start trading with but don't know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

RedRochey wrote: »
    He's in the TOTW so could be lack of supply as well

Out of interest, why did you buy 40 of his cards? I finally have enough coins that I now want to start trading with but don't know where to start

Because he was an 85 rated card with good league & nations link going for sub 5k, he's not a meta player because of his pace so very few people actually use him in game. I knew he would reach 10k eventually, just needed the right SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Relegated to div 5 and I swear the calibre of players + squads is 10x better than what I’ve come up against in div 4.

Only played 3 games this morning, one win, one draw and one loss. One draw I conceded in the 92nd min cos my player decided to do that god awful lunge that I’ve no control over and he was through on goal, but every one of those squads was a 500k+ squad.. mad. Wouldn’t have that many this early in previous FIFAs.

I think I saw a lot of the heavy hitters are dropping down to division 4 and 5 as they can hit rank 1 without breaking sweat on a Thursday prior to playing Weekend League.

The rewards for rank 1 in division 4 are better than rank 2 in division 1 which is madness.

• Advertisement

BrentMused wrote: »
    I think I saw a lot of the heavy hitters are dropping down to division 4 and 5 as they can hit rank 1 without breaking sweat on a Thursday prior to playing Weekend League.

The rewards for rank 1 in division 4 are better than rank 2 in division 1 which is madness.

Might explain why I was being dominated in division 4 :pac: loving EA’s healthy ecosystem that they’ve built.

I heard some people are just playing to gold 3 in champs too and saving the remaining games to grind out in rivals for rank 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Big patch out today.....no mention of the grey badges

They fix nothing, the ai defenders blocking shots standing on 1 leg is still happening, Tomori and Ake are still incredible, and i just played a match where James Rodriquez out sprinted my Inaki Williams to stop him scoring, lol

So for some reason Quick Sell Recovery is specifically broken for October 25th.....the day I quick sold my duplicate Son

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So for some reason Quick Sell Recovery is specifically broken for October 25th.....the day I quick sold my duplicate Son

It actually is, all other days show players or no players found.

25th throws up an error...

That's bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

bottled everything after 16 wins again, while also left wondering wtf was wrong with my connection, went and got a new ethernet cable and everything is alot better so im fully expecting to bottle it again this weekend :D if anyone on xbox wants friendlies who's around 2k SR this week let me know please

Upto Div 4 and said I’d follow the video I posted earlier and disregard chem.
    Had to slum it for Sanches and his IF card is extinct and don’t have enough for Overmars.
    My first div 4 game and I’m up against a similar team and he’s 2 up within minutes.
    I’m thinking crap but settle and win 4-2 easily after that,
    Neymar is incredible as ST.
    Can’t wait to get his tots card for a 4th year running :)

6-B356794-12-B9-4-B92-BD9-A-8-DFD0-FBD91-A1.jpg

Im not sure whats happened my team but theyv'e become invincible this evening, Benzema is now out of the mud and gliding over the pitch scoring and assisting, if it wasmt for some dodgy offsides i'd have won more, had to settle for some draws

Just realised Fernando Torres is an icon in this, have to somehow get him for my liverpool and la liga team

It’s such a small thing but it annoys me so much. So many nice kits ruined by that big horrible grey looking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

OMG, I just packed Neymar from that FGS SBC - untradeable rare electrum players pack!!! :eek:

I’ll try to get a picture up for proof but I’m sitting here still in shock at the moment. I can’t believe it.

My girlfriend ran in thinking something had happened to me with my screaming when he walked out! :pac:

Editing to add link of proof - hopefully this works:

https://i.ibb.co/ZH5svj5/5-C641697-E3-E3-428-A-9479-09-AE00-F23-BC4.jpg

• Advertisement

Lads what is happening :D:D

From marquee matchups, maybe everyone should open some packs tonight :D

juJhS2i

https://imgur.com/a/juJhS2i

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I got dzecho

MLS ends in a couple weeks, having a look at the potential retirements in the league to see if we might get an EoE card from someone, this wouldn't be half bad:

d8YefW4.png

BrentMused wrote: »
    OMG, I just packed Neymar from that FGS SBC - untradeable rare electrum players pack!!! :eek:

I’ll try to get a picture up for proof but I’m sitting here still in shock at the moment. I can’t believe it.

My girlfriend ran in thinking something had happened to me with my screaming when he walked out! :pac:

Editing to add link of proof - hopefully this works:

https://i.ibb.co/ZH5svj5/5-C641697-E3-E3-428-A-9479-09-AE00-F23-BC4.jpg
    RedRochey wrote: »
    Lads what is happening :D:D

From marquee matchups, maybe everyone should open some packs tonight :D

juJhS2i

https://imgur.com/a/juJhS2i

I think two EA employees have hijacked our thread to push us to packs :pac:

Gonna open my UCL MM later and get the inevitable 80 Pisczek for the 30th time.

No Piszczek but the highest rated was an 81 Pepe :pac:

Anyone else just get a bunch of packs that each had a single cosmetic item in them? Jerseys, stadium themes, etc? Got 5 of them there, I really hope this isn't EA's idea of compensation for something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Still hating from afar x

Liamalone wrote: »
    Still hating from afar x

You might as well join in Liam.
    From past experience if you’re watching the thread it’s only a matter of time anyway. Always happens to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Blazer wrote: »
    You might as well join in Liam.
    From past experience if you’re watching the thread it’s only a matter of time anyway. Always happens to me.

The more I watch this thread the less I want to play :P
    They seem to have done the impossible and made a game worse than fifa 20 (all this garbage with rivals caps and like I’ve said, the real sh!t show begins next month with icon swaps when you’ll have several people quitting at kick off to self relegate and using up 1 of your games)
    Plus you’ll have top players down in div 4,5,6 as they’ve no incentive to stay in top division with the current wl system so rivals would be a nightmare for mediocre players like me.

My early access on web app has expired now anyway, I had been doing the sbc’s and packed absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The more I watch this thread the less I want to play :P
    They seem to have done the impossible and made a game worse than fifa 20 (all this garbage with rivals caps and like I’ve said, the real sh!t show begins next month with icon swaps when you’ll have several people quitting at kick off to self relegate and using up 1 of your games)
    Plus you’ll have top players down in div 4,5,6 as they’ve no incentive to stay in top division with the current wl system so rivals would be a nightmare for mediocre players like me.

My early access on web app has expired now anyway, I had been doing the sbc’s and packed absolutely nothing.

please join in, your trading tips last year were unreal and a huge assistance to some of us

Advertisement