Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

seamie78 wrote: »
    please join in, your trading tips last year were unreal and a huge assistance to some of us

Thanks. Ah just enjoying the break now, fifa 20 came such a chore than enjoyable and fifa 21 doesn’t seem much better.
    Will keep an eye on icon swaps and sbc’s though and see if it might be worth getting game In December

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I have a feeling the icon swaps will be done through friendlies. They’re pushing lots of objectives there already to stop people self relegating. They just need to change the 30 game thing that’s forcing people to decide on rivals or WL. The game is much more enjoyable to play than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I have a feeling the icon swaps will be done through friendlies. They’re pushing lots of objectives there already to stop people self relegating. They just need to change the 30 game thing that’s forcing people to decide on rivals or WL. The game is much more enjoyable to play than last year.

Wonder would it better if they kept the 30 game limit for points, but any games past that means its just averaged out to the points for 30 games

eg you have a total of 20k points after 60 games, so your points for 30 games would be 10k points

If Rivals ran from Monday same as squad battles, you could then have weekdays for Rivals and weekends for Champs, and if you don't have time during the week then the few handy points from Champs for Rivals will at least give you a few rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would also like to see them remove skill rating matchmaking in friendlies.

Every game is like a sweaty rivals game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Close to promotion to div4 in rivals and games are close, enjoyable. I cannot win a friendly to save my life though for some reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Close to promotion to div4 in rivals and games are close, enjoyable. I cannot win a friendly to save my life though for some reason!

I'm guessing all the good players are doing objectives at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Is this confirmed to be a thing? Had to go full try hard mode to grind out wins for Rulebreaker Mukiele and for the packs you get from the No Rules objectives & was wondering why it was so difficult in friendlies.

Every game I play now in rivals or friendlies feels like it's a world cup final. If it's my first game or I'm distracted by something then I end up getting pounded - otherwise the games are decided by a goal each way.

That's all fine for FUT champs which is designed to be a competitive mode, but it would be nice to have some mode where you can just play a few games without having to take it super seriously just to not get battered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't understand why Skill Rating in Friendlies is a bad thing tbh, all you're saying when you say you don't want skill-based matchmaking is "I want to get easy wins against people much worse than me, and ruin their experience of Friendlies." Frankly I like playing against people on my level, and Friendlies is still a casual mode considering there's nothing at stake and you can just quit if you're bored.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Friendlies are so much better for Objectives because there's no ulterior motive to them.

While doing objectives in Rivals you would constantly be matched up against opponents who weren't doing objectives and were just playing with their strongest team and trying to win matches, but in Friendlies there is no reason to be there if you're not also trying to accomplish objectives, meaning you are infinitely more likely to be matched up against opponents who are also using weakened teams.

Another benefit of Friendlies is that there is absolutely zero consequence for quitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah Friendlies is great for Objectives as with the 30 game Rivals cap you could end up getting hammered repeatedly if you were playing a weak team just to hit some objectives. Really hoping Icon Swaps is done in friendlies as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Another benefit of Friendlies is that there is absolutely zero consequence for quitting.

That’s the main benefit for me. Getting battered? Quit and try again. Solves the whole self relegating too, to an extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'm enjoying it at the moment (may have something to do with getting a decent team together quite early).

But some of the players I come up against....just too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Bit of a poor week for TOTW.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1321512203569242112?s=20

Can you sit on your FUT Champs picks and use them for later TOTWs or are they fixed?

Good TOTW for fodder, in that a lot of the high rated cards (David Silva, Alberto, Lopes) are bad, so they'll have a high drop rate in red picks.

Ea doing ea things again.

They neglected to put Jota in totw when he got the 2 for Portugal, when his otw was in objectives.

Thiago Silva otw sbc would’ve been completed by loads at his price.
    Plays a blinder, motm in a 0-0 away draw at united.

Will we give him an IF?? Not a chance, give it to joe Gomez who didn’t even keep a clean sheet against the second last team in the league and had no goal contributions either.

He’ll sell packs so who cares if he deserves it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Yeah how on earth did gomez get a totw?

Just played a co-op game to do those Silver Beasts objectives and nothing registered, they really need to make it clearer what objectives can and cannot be done in co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Yeah how on earth did gomez get a totw?

2 Champions League clean sheets?

Gomez wouldn't have gotten a TOTW if he wasn't a meta card but he did also finish the weekend with I think the highest Whoscored rating for a Prem defender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Parawind wrote: »
    2 Champions League clean sheets?

Don't thibk last nights games count? Or am I wrong here
    If so joao felix would have gotten one

• Advertisement

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Don't thibk last nights games count? Or am I wrong here
    If so joao felix would have gotten one

No, champions league games don’t count.

It was solely based on the sheff utd game.

Just played a co-op game to do those Silver Beasts objectives and nothing registered, they really need to make it clearer what objectives can and cannot be done in co-op.

Looking into this further and it seems that despite not stating it anywhere pretty much no Squad Battles or Rivals objectives can be completed in co-op for some reason :rolleyes:

So at the start of last year whenever you would play an away game you would see your opponent's ball, but everyone hated this so they patched it so that you would always see your ball, whether it was a home or away game.

This year they're back to showing your opponent's ball when you play an away game. Due to having pretty bad colourblindness I just had a first round draft exit because my opponent was using a red ball and I literally couldn't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So at the start of last year whenever you would play an away game you would see your opponent's ball, but everyone hated this so they patched it so that you would always see your ball, whether it was a home or away game.

This year they're back to showing your opponent's ball when you play an away game. Due to having pretty bad colourblindness I just had a first round draft exit because my opponent was using a red ball and I literally couldn't see it.

Is there no colour blind option?
    Normally EA games have this. Especially in Battlefield. I remember one guy on our bad company squad was only ok at it until he mentioned he was colour blind. He hadn’t realised there was a colour blindness option until I told him.
    He was kicking our asses after that.
    Worse thing I ever did since I taught my younger brother how to serve properly in tennis many many years ago.

Blazer wrote: »
    Is there no colour blind option?
    Normally EA games have this. Especially in Battlefield. I remember one guy on our bad company squad was only ok at it until he mentioned he was colour blind. He hadn’t realised there was a colour blindness option until I told him.
    He was kicking our asses after that.
    Worse thing I ever did since I taught my younger brother how to serve properly in tennis many many years ago.

The colourblind settings basically just put a filter over the screen, which more so just makes reds look like pinks than anything really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Came up against a fella with Messi, Vardy etc playing drop back 1 depth. Beating him 3-2 until the 88th min where he scored 2 as my defenders don’t respond to my tackles and Messi runs straight through. So frustrating when I’ve been dominating the game and all he has to do is sit back and wait for the counter to Vardy/Zaha/Messi.

Still in a negative W/L as I can’t seem to string together a streak of wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is it just me or are keepers useless?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ea doing ea things again.

They neglected to put Jota in totw when he got the 2 for Portugal, when his otw was in objectives.

Thiago Silva otw sbc would’ve been completed by loads at his price.
    Plays a blinder, motm in a 0-0 away draw at united.

Will we give him an IF?? Not a chance, give it to joe Gomez who didn’t even keep a clean sheet against the second last team in the league and had no goal contributions either.

He’ll sell packs so who cares if he deserves it or not

They did this with Promes and Ndombele last year too.

They hate giving IFs to objective and cheap SBC OTW cards.

I love Thiago Silva’s base and was really hoping for an IF this week. Nope.

Anyway, two picks tomorrow so of course it’s a poor week. Valvarde looks my top pick since I’m running La Liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They did this with Promes and Ndombele last year too.

They hate giving IFs to objective and cheap SBC OTW cards.

I love Thiago Silva’s base and was really hoping for an IF this week. Nope.

Anyway, two picks tomorrow so of course it’s a poor week. Valvarde looks my top pick since I’m running La Liga.

i really want that valverde, looks amazing as a cdm with powerhouse on him or if running him at cm engine. ideally id like him and gomez as my red picks :D but not expecting too much so will pick up valverde before weekend league either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

absolutely nothing in my rewards.. a 78 and a 82 for my red picks. Packs were awful for both rivals and WL. Meh.

Advertisement