Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    City tweeted too that rodri was an objective so that’s the 2, probably rodri in friendlies and Bamford in squad battles/rivals like Powell last week

Rodri? I haven’t really noticed him this season!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

According to some Twitter rumors fut champs next season will require qualification through winning 3 of 5 qualifiers and will also be less than 30 matches

https://twitter.com/kinglangpard/status/1387834636752105472?s=21

They need to revamp the rewards not the entry requirements. I don’t see why you can’t get promo cards as reds for WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mr Moon wrote: »
    They need to revamp the rewards not the entry requirements. I don’t see why you can’t get promo cards as reds for WL.

Because then EA would lose out on pack sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone else getting the ce 34878-0 error?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

According to some Twitter rumors fut champs next season will require qualification through winning 3 of 5 qualifiers and will also be less than 30 matches

They need to do something. 30 games over 72hrs is far too much. Either extend the window or reduce the amount of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

That's going to be a disaster unless they massively improve and scale up the rivals rewards. Otherwise everyone will just self relegate before the 5 qualifiers.

At the moment I typically match with 2-3 2300+ players from every 5 games and that's when they are just playing rivals normally. But if they only have a few shots to qualify they will sweat it just like WL. So why would I bother going to Div1 next year just to make qualification harder each week. You really have to wonder if they put any real world though into these changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Jeez there are some right bell ends out there tonight! People wanting golden goal, queuing pause after pause but then quitting when you equalise so to stop you getting the win!

Just played a guy who just started passing it about at the back after going 2 up and wants golden goal. He ain’t getting it from me if he’s arsing about - just rubber banded the tit

Just read the follow up tweet...

https://twitter.com/KingLangpard/status/1387866588200775684?s=20

Does that mean Div2 players get a 85 rated version of a player but Div1 get an 86 rated version or is it that you get a chance from the top 5 players each TOTW when in Div 1 and slides down.

I can't imagine its the former simply because that would create a power gap between players and if its the latter you will have people self relegating every week to whatever division gives them the chance to pack the most META player. Think Joe Gomez IF at the start of the game for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Its weekend league.
    It should be this way in fairness.
    Getting elite in WL should get you good players not rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Its weekend league.

One of the biggest reasons I never play WL til TOTS. The rewards aren’t worth it at all.. could be tempted back tho if these changes are true. Less games is great, I can play WL semi-casually over rivals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh boy, forcing people to qualify via a 3/5 thing would likely be the end of WL for me. Feels like a massive attempt to cut out the casual players from being able to grind out even a little bit of a reward each week. The fact I can ignore the game Monday to Thursday is a big plus.

Which I get isn’t what they want from an engagement point of view. But realistically, blocking out WL like that will probably mean I just drop it from Monday - Sunday instead...

Blazer wrote: »
    Its weekend league.

I agree with the sentiment but it also creates a situation where the good players at the start of FIFA 22 would get the best picks meaning the power gap between higher and lower players would widen as the season progresses.

So if you're a lower division player after a few weekends you see the gap starting to widen rather then getting smaller or even staying static surely that would completely kill your desire to play the game.

So the reason I can't see EA doing this is because they are all about player engagement, they want players to feel like there is a chance if I just get that one more player....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It should just put people into a lower level WL if they don't win the 3/5, rather than excluding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I HATED that system a few years ago where you had to win something like 4 games in a row to qualify for WL. It was 4, wasn't it?

I'm a fairly average player and whilst I wasn't grinding the game anywhere near as much back then as I have the last couple of years and so was a worse player (more free time due to COVID), I was never actually able to qualify.

Surely it would make WL all but unobtainable for the average player and this would seem to go against EA's engagement policy of trying to have as many people glued to the game for as many hours as possible every week?

Definitely agree that they should be looking at improving the rewards or doing something different. From about the end of October onwards there were very few players in TOTW that would have made my team and from about Christmas onwards there were probably zero apart from maybe that 1 player the odd week we all have no chance of packing anyway, thus rendering the player picks pointless which is a large part of why people play WL, to get red picks.

BrentMused wrote: »
    I HATED that system a few years ago where you had to win something like 4 games in a row to qualify for WL. It was 4, wasn't it?

I'm a fairly average player and whilst I wasn't grinding the game anywhere near as much back then as I have the last couple of years and so was a worse player (more free time due to COVID), I was never actually able to qualify.

Surely it would make WL all but unobtainable for the average player and this would seem to go against EA's engagement policy of trying to have as many people glued to the game for as many hours as possible every week?

Definitely agree that they should be looking at improving the rewards or doing something different. From about the end of October onwards there were very few players in TOTW that would have made my team and from about Christmas onwards there were probably zero apart from maybe that 1 player the odd week we all have no chance of packing anyway, thus rendering the player picks pointless which is a large part of why people play WL, to get red picks.

I think I tried once or twice to qualify and fell at the last hurdle.
    Plus since I worked during the week and back then Fifa was fun I didn't feel I was missing out on anything plus weekends were spent entertaining the kids.
    If I did come up against a red card my thoughts were that this guy was good enough to get into WL and played more carefully against them. Most of the time I'd beat them anyway.
    Then the new qualification came along and while I loved getting into WL and proving myself the rewards simply weren't worth it.
    Along with the power creep totw is basically meaningless so hopefully this will restore some bit.
    But getting a 91 Salah because you finished at elite over some guy getting a 90 Salah for finishing gold 3 is a joke. Needs to be at least a 2-3 rating gap between the cards and drop all the crap totw.
    In fairness it should be a guaranteed 86+ for say Elite 3 and higher while the lower cards open to below that.
    Anyway fifa is no longer a fun game to play..too much power creep, too many SBCs meaning last months cards are obsolete, too many toxic knobs in the game.

3-2 so far this morning.

All three wins were by five or six goals.
    Both losses were by five goals.

Absolutely no balance this morning, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Far better than me, went 2-7, team getting lagged to death.

I just quit half of them games mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

See they’re not releasing Saudi tots until Monday even though efl expires today.

Why?

People have lots of packs saved for premier tots and they’ll open them today.
    Saves people accumulating high rated fodder also.

It’s the little petty things like that that bugs me about ea.

Cutting tots back to 15, and not juicing the cards as much, almost every step ea takes is a backwards one for the customer.

Thank god lockdown is almost over, fifa served it’s purpose as something to do from January til now.

stuchyg wrote: »
    Far better than me, went 2-7, team getting lagged to death.

I just quit half of them games mind

Not sure if you’re ware, but quitting is actually going to hurt you massively.

There’s this system called ELO where you are facing people with similar form to yourself. But it doesn’t count quits. So if you win two games, you match up with people who have won two games. If you lose two, you face someone who has lost two.

But if you quit, it doesn’t count it as a loss, so you will keep facing people with a higher rating.

It sucks from a time point of view, but you’re usually better off putting your controller down if you want to have some easier games to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

3-2 this WL. :pac:

Happier times when I started 10-2 last WL.

*Edit*
    4-1 this WL. I must have played a Rivals game.

• Advertisement

First game of WL this year - Mid R9, Zidane, Maradona, TOTS AWB, TOTS Alaba :) lost 3-1. Two bull**** penalties where my player genuinely didn’t touch him.

That’s hilarious about the Saudi TOtS as well. It’s not even that they’re amazing cards that people will want either. It’s just pure pettiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Have I missed the cut off time to enter this weekends weekend league ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

GavK wrote: »
    Have I missed the cut off time to enter this weekends weekend league ?

Nope. You can still register for the best weekend of your life! DO IT NOW! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

So it'll be better to wait to open packs until Tuesday and then at least you could get some Saudi TOTS to use as fodder?

Will the PL TOTS have a lower % of appearing then though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dmigsy

RedRochey wrote: »
    So it'll be better to wait to open packs until Tuesday and then at least you could get some Saudi TOTS to use as fodder?

Will the PL TOTS have a lower % of appearing then though?

Depends whether you want disappointment now or disappointment later. :pac:

Not the best of starts to WL... 1-3. Every single team is a 5ATB, it’s so boring to play against and I’ve no idea how to counter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Flashback Bale requiring 4 squads is up along with TOTs Bamford and Rodri - can both be done in objectives - Bamford via Rivals or Squad Battles and Rodri in friendlies!

Anyone hit the PL TOTs jackpot?

Opened my rewards and packed this....its good and all but....in case you think pack luck isn't rigged, I already have his RTTF untradable :rolleyes:

dee2ocp.png

• Advertisement

Looks like EA have seriously screwed up.
    EFL tots are still in packs and people are going nuts about it.

Advertisement