Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

my new pc arrived last Wednesday and I've barely been near fifa.
    Dias or Wan Assaka would slot nicely into my team but I really couldn't be arsed grinding out a a few wins.
    Have played 2 lost 2 this morning but the motivation just isn't there. Might just part it up for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Liamalone wrote: »
    This is my second WL, I played 8 games last night and 13 today sitting at 10-11. All has been rosy in the garden, no connection problems at all and all players until the last one there have been grand. Couldn't fault it tbh bar most of the teams putting mine to shame.

My first WL this year and the connection is a lot better than I expected... was choppy in one or two games last night but other than that, pretty flawless. Hopefully it stays that way for the remainder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Well that nearly killed me... to anyone who played their games on Friday and Saturday, why? Sunday’s are so much more relaxed and you get far more rage quits. I lost 3 games I was 2-0 up in.

While I don't have much of a life, I tend to find Sunday's are busier days for me than Friday and Saturday. Like, tomorrow, there's Sunday lunch with the family, and then an afternoon of real life football to enjoy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

They’ve started selling kits and tifos for coins or fifa points.

Jesus wept!!

Probably a tester for fifa 22

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Really very little difference in terms of who or what you'll play on any given day. You'll fly through the lower ranks easier on a Sunday but once you hit silver games will generally get to where people won't quit.

This weekend has been great for connection and gameplay to be fair. Just a pity the EPL tots is mostly ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Hogey007 wrote: »

Jesus wept!!

I saw someone talking about it on Facebook, thought it was a joke but went into the store and it’s true!!! I mean you must have more coins/points/money than sense if you buy these - literally no point

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Testing the waters for when packs get banned. Won't be long until Icons and the top cards in the game can be bought with cash (unless you know one of EA's employees already!!!).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Wow just checked out the price of Wan Bissaka, he’s gone up 200k since I bought him on Friday!! I’m gonna hold on though as he is fantastic and fits my Utd team very nicely. I’ll sell on Tagliafico and make 40k on him.

Just heard about the stuff on sale in the store, what is going on??? :eek: is this a state of things to come next year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It really does feel sweatier. Not sure if the standard is higher but the opposition feels that little more desperate in every game. Very few taking risks and lots sitting back waiting for a mistake. Might be the least enjoyable WL I've played in a while

Also Tagliafico's a big dissapointment, feels like a downgrade from Yuri Berchiche. David Neres is an unreal supersub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

AdamD wrote: »
    Also Tagliafico's a big dissapointment, feels like a downgrade from Yuri Berchiche. David Neres is an unreal supersub

I'm playing him as CDM and can't fault him so far!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow, when I saw they were selling kits for coins, I presumed it would be a few hundred coins. 25k for a kit is insane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wow, when I saw they were selling kits for coins, I presumed it would be a few hundred coins. 25k for a kit is insane!

Quick sell for 56 coins :p

Lord TSC wrote: »

Gold varane is now cheaper than a kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Hogey007 wrote: »

Jesus wept!!

I can't believe what I'm seeing. EA :D

Lamposts wrote: »
    I can't believe what I'm seeing. EA :D

Who needs icon sbc’s.....get your tifo and kit packs for 60,000 coins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

My God TOTS Salah is absolutely insane.

Must have scored 20 outside of the box finesse goals with him today.

An open finesse shot on his left foot anywhere within 30 yards is a guaranteed goal, it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

Playing my first WL in many months, would the general consensus be that this is the worst fifa in quite some time ? it just feels so random even when I win it all feels like a huge waste of time .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Changed my team around again for the WL, cashed in on last weeks purchases. Currently 6-1 in WL, lost my 2nd game to a guy who just parked the bus and hoofed the ball to his striker, problem was his striker was PIM Gullit and he just physically destroyed VVD.

Out:
    Klaiber, TOTS Alaba, PIM Eusebio, FUTBD Sanches

In:
    TOTS Ruben Dias, TOTS Cancelo, IF Neymar, FUTBD Reus

I forgot just how broken Neymar is, even running him on 7 chem he is offering more then any other attacker I have tried. Just a shame he doesn't have more stamina.

Sanches really never felt great at anything and playing Reus in a 3 man midfield I don't feel defensively weaker but he offers a lot more going forward.

Super impressed with Dias and Cancelo so far, I was a little worried about Dias pace, but so far it hasn't caused too many problems. He wins the ball really cleanly, though definitely not someone you want to dribble with too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finishing the night 13-11. Had an awful run of games where I lost 3 or 4 back to back. Luckily, managed to pull it back.. quality of the squads got a lot better too as the night went on... multiple 10m+ squads. Also despise future stars Reece James as CB. Came up against him every two games, found it impossible to get past him.

Oh well, only 1 win left to get tomorrow and I’m sticking with gold 3. Dont think I’m arsed going for gold 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Barlett wrote: »
    Playing my first WL in many months, would the general consensus be that this is the worst fifa in quite some time ? it just feels so random even when I win it all feels like a huge waste of time .

Dude, this is the bestest fifaest Everest!! You thought lastest yearest fifaest was better? No way, just the samest every yearest, just consistently gets betterest times infinity.

I think it's grand tbh x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

BrentMused wrote: »
    Cheers man.

I actually got Rodri done in an hour and 15 minutes just there so will give him a spin.

Like, fo real? Jeez, I need your controller! (token) lol

Edit; 14 games in 70mins is 5mins per fixture. Loading times, ref being late n that times .... I just can't see it being done. Therefore, I shall try. Stay tuned.

Edit: me no spamming, just answering two very different and relevant questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Liamalone wrote: »
    Like, fo real? Jeez, I need your controller! (token) lol

Edit; 14 games in 70mins is 5mins per fixture. Loading times, ref being late n that times .... I just can't see it being done. Therefore, I shall try. Stay tuned.

Edit: me no spamming, just answering two very different and relevant questions.

It's quite easily done when all but one of the games had golden goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Only change this week is Klaiber in for Varane at CB. 7-0 so far. Time for the wheels to come off...

Cheers to Jayo for suggesting switching Desailly to CB in-game - he's class there. Even bodying the likes Prime R9 off the ball.

Finding that even terrible players have amazing squads. Don't think I've played anyone with a team weaker than mine. And I think mine is pretty good! Pele, Eusebio, PIM Dalglish are common-place at this stage.

Really like Cole at LB too - not great going forward but really solid defensively.

Smart-Select-20210502-091749-FUT-Track.jpg
    Smart-Select-20210430-212803-Companion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

17-5 by the end of last night. Outside chance of Elite 3?

Klaiber at CB is ridiculous, comfortably outperforming Road to the Final Varane. Surprised some people are dissapointed in that Sanches card, I find him to be unreal at LCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't played the game much at all lately but just saw the kits in store stuff, they're now fully utilising a monetisation model designed for Free To Play games like Fortnite, but in a yearly purchase €70-100 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Parawind wrote: »
    Changed my team around again for the WL, cashed in on last weeks purchases. Currently 6-1 in WL, lost my 2nd game to a guy who just parked the bus and hoofed the ball to his striker, problem was his striker was PIM Gullit and he just physically destroyed VVD.

Out:
    Klaiber, TOTS Alaba, PIM Eusebio, FUTBD Sanches

In:
    TOTS Ruben Dias, TOTS Cancelo, IF Neymar, FUTBD Reus

I forgot just how broken Neymar is, even running him on 7 chem he is offering more then any other attacker I have tried. Just a shame he doesn't have more stamina.

Sanches really never felt great at anything and playing Reus in a 3 man midfield I don't feel defensively weaker but he offers a lot more going forward.

Super impressed with Dias and Cancelo so far, I was a little worried about Dias pace, but so far it hasn't caused too many problems. He wins the ball really cleanly, though definitely not someone you want to dribble with too often.

Stop being disrespectful to Reus and get that man at striker. Let him feast.

doing a few sbcs for packs while hard at work :)
    Gets Dias who I was after for chem with Sanches from those Liberatones packs

Capture.jpg

Had 4 Ultimate Packs and 2 Jumbo Rare Players Pack saved. Strategy was to use 1 each for the big 5 leagues and Ultimate TOTs.

In store it said 17% chance of packing a TOTS player from the Jumbo Rare Players so thought I’d give it a shot - result? 17 duplicates and the highest rated card was base Zlatan! It’s the hope that kills you!

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Had 4 Ultimate Packs and 2 Jumbo Rare Players Pack saved. Strategy was to use 1 each for the big 5 leagues and Ultimate TOTs.

In store it said 17% chance of packing a TOTS player from the Jumbo Rare Players so thought I’d give it a shot - result? 17 duplicates and the highest rated card was base Zlatan! It’s the hope that kills you!

you'd probably have got a efl one anyway...they're in there until Monday...sneaky by EA.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    you'd probably have got a efl one anyway...they're in there until Monday...sneaky by EA.

I know but I weighed it up and thought getting an EFL one would have been better than getting a Saudi one on Monday!

Advertisement