Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

AdamD wrote: »
    I would think the more popular a WL league is, the easier it is. That's why I've never understood people saying it will be sweaty if there are extra red picks etc.

Those people play every weekend regardless, a more popular WL brings more casual players into the matchmaking.

Agree. And god bless those casuals who quit when they go 2 nil down in the first 10 mins. Not all heroes wear capes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,680 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dmigsy wrote: »
    Agree. And god bless those casuals who quit when they go 2 nil down in the first 10 mins. Not all heroes wear capes.

never understand that, ive been in games where i am 3-0 down at half time and i can come back to win

and im rubbish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

cards dropping...got Zambrotta done for around 200k plus some of my high rated cards...the new SBcs helped with that.
    If you had to start from scratch he's gone from 850k on xbox to around 600k.

Cyrus wrote: »
    never understand that, ive been in games where i am 3-0 down at half time and i can come back to win

and im rubbish :D

Ah yeah, makes sense to cut your losses sometimes though. Was winning 7-1 on Saturday and he quit in the 80th minute :confused::confused::confused:. He was 4-0 down at halftime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Its a pity quitting doesn't affect your ELO. Would speed up getting through the games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Blazer wrote: »
    cards dropping...got Zambrotta done for around 200k plus some of my high rated cards...the new SBcs helped with that.
    If you had to start from scratch he's gone from 850k on xbox to around 600k.

Would you think he's much of an upgrade on HL Tavernier at RB, or on 7 chem in place of Freeze Traore at LB?

BrentMused wrote: »
    Would you think he's much of an upgrade on HL Tavernier at RB, or on 7 chem in place of Freeze Traore at LB?

Zambrotta is supposed to really fit the "meta" at both RB and CB.
    If I get Bissaka in my red picks I'll drop Campbell and move him to CB.
    But I used his loan card and he was brilliant for me at CB.
    If you're happy with your CBs then no point as Tarvernier is brilliant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-20210426-125307.jpg

Got Gold 2. The severs were disgraceful last night, coughed up a couple of leads because of them. Also managed to lose two shootouts in a row. Played well enough with the 5212, besides, shoutout to Mr Moon for the tactics.
    Got Toney last night in the 80 player pick but he looks very similar to Drogba. Will look to get a smaller striker beside him with Messi as a CAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Zambrotta is supposed to really fit the "meta" at both RB and CB.
    If I get Bissaka in my red picks I'll drop Campbell and move him to CB.

He does indeed. I cant defend for tge life of me but when i do get it right its usually him that saves me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

BrentMused wrote: »
    From reading other forums such as Reddit it seems to be a really strange week in which many players who usually cruise it every weekend are struggling and players who usually struggle are winning games they would never have any business winning (myself included).

I hammered one guy at the weekend and chanced respectfully messaging him afterwards just to see what rank he was and where he usually finishes. He said he was a divison 1 player (I'm divison 3) and usually hits 20 wins but was having a nightmare this weekend and was 12-10 at that point. He could have been lying of course but not much point lying to a stranger online.

Now 99 times out of 100 I wouldn't have a prayer of competing with a player like that but if it was ever going to happen it seems like this was the perfect storm of a weekend and it appeared he was suffering similar issues to yourself where passes weren't being completed etc.

Strange weekend all round in FUT Champs!

I'd fully believe it, I'm sure I have lost to lower Div players in the past too. But this was different, I couldn't get past any of his players anywhere on the pitch. It basically played like he was on constant pressure the whole time but he wasn't and so none of his players were caught out of position. Kind of feels like assistance has been turned off and you are fighting against the controls.

This is an example of what I was dealing with, the opponent pressed my defence with FutBirthday Vidal but I played out of the press. Played a through ball down the wing to TOTS Davies who has 99 Acc, SS, Agility & Dribbling. After Davies takes control of the ball and starts running down the line he has a good 5-10 yards on Vidal who is tracking back after the press. I am sprinting full speed down the line, but its really clear that Davies isn't running a full speed. Almost instantly Vidal who only has a max of 93 Acc and 92 SS (with a shadow) managed to make up the 5-10 yard gap and tackle me even though Davies (under normal circumstances) should have been able to increase the gap. I should also mention that Vidal's stamina bar was far lower having just sprinted to press my defence. When I saw that happen I knew there was no chance I was going to win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Screenshot-20210426-125307.jpg

Got Gold 2. The severs were disgraceful last night, coughed up a couple of leads because of them. Also managed to lose two shootouts in a row. Played well enough with the 5212, besides, shoutout to Mr Moon for the tactics.
    Got Toney last night in the 80 player pick but he looks very similar to Drogba. Will look to get a smaller striker beside him with Messi as a CAM.

You should check out Harry Hesketh's 4312, I found myself turning to that when 2 goals down and it turned a few L's into W's!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mr Moon wrote: »
    You should check out Harry Hesketh's 4312, I found myself turning to that when 2 goals down and it turned a few L's into W's!

I've been using that 4312 as my tactics for a good while now, its fairly all out attack so you'll get done on the counter a fair bit, but you won't have many dull games.

I've stopped using defensive tactics all together, even when I'm winning towards the end of the game I find I'll close it out better if I keep with the attacking tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Would echo the comment about the WL being much more manageable if the losing player could quit without so much punishment. If rubber banded the game takes for ever.
    by mistake in one of my games i changed a penalty taker for a penalty to Lloris going 4-0 ahead. P!ssed off the opposition so much he stormed back to 4-4 and then I won 5- AET. Not sure what the moral of the story - perhaps it does pay to be a jerk in fifa 21?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Realised I need fifteen Rivals wins for the Ultimate Pack so have been playing some today.

Given I packed Hughes and did Sarr, decided to throw Rooney into the squad too, and switched away from 532 for the first time in forever and went with a 424 suicidal tactic.

I’d forgotten how good Rooney was. He’s just so much fun up front. Banging in rockets.

Winning games by six or seven goals, which is fun. Just not sure if it would work in WL :pac:

Also, someone recommended Mane a few weeks back but I only tried him out today, and he’s really fun too. Great mix of pace and strength on the left wing.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Realised I need fifteen Rivals wins for the Ultimate Pack so have been playing some today.

Given I packed Hughes and did Sarr, decided to throw Rooney into the squad too, and switched away from 532 for the first time in forever and went with a 424 suicidal tactic.

I’d forgotten how good Rooney was. He’s just so much fun up front. Banging in rockets.

Winning games by six or seven goals, which is fun. Just not sure if it would work in WL :pac:

Also, someone recommended Mane a few weeks back but I only tried him out today, and he’s really fun too. Great mix of pace and strength on the left wing.

Rooney is amazing either as a lone striker or with 2 up. I did the SBC and played him CM for a while and he was decent there. Switched him to striker and he's been banging goals in since. Got a Red 91 Mane who's a great supersub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

An 86 squad for a double 86+ pack.

Wow, that is such a rip off. You’d have to have insane luck for that to be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Having completed all my rivals games via WL and completed Correa TOTS was looking at TOTS Powell.

As best I can tell Powell, Silver Beasts and Mega Match up can be done using a silver EFL team. It's 8 games I know but what else ya gonna do

Hogey007 wrote: »

Wow, that is such a rip off. You’d have to have insane luck for that to be worth it

Has to be a mistake. Swap 11 x86 players for 2 x more than likely 86.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Has to be a mistake. Swap 11 x86 players for 2 x more than likely 86.

9x 86s and 2x 85s.

/pedant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Lord TSC wrote: »

That was probably me :)

I've been using Mane since the third week of release (paid over 400k for him at the time) and unless I end up packing something decent in terms of TOTS or an icon he may well stay in my team until the end! :eek:

He's so, so good.

• Advertisement

Sarr is so fun.

16 games. 10 goals. 14 assists. All from RW.

stuchyg wrote: »
    Having completed all my rivals games via WL and completed Correa TOTS was looking at TOTS Powell.

As best I can tell Powell, Silver Beasts and Mega Match up can be done using a silver EFL team. It's 8 games I know but what else ya gonna do

Powell has one objective that needs players from EFL, League 1 AND League 2, as a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Gutted my entire club for King Kenny. This is all that's left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Did the icon pack because I’m an idiot

Got Prime Figo

Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Lamposts wrote: »
    Gutted my entire club for King Kenny. This is all that's left.

Thinking of doing him so would be interested in how you get on with him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just lost a game 6-5 where my keeper got a 4.7 and made 0 saves :pac: great fun scoring all those goals and was 4-2 up at one stage but keeper decided to not play at all and concede every shot against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

RedRochey wrote: »
    Thinking of doing him so would be interested in how you get on with him

I used his loan card during the WL and he was immense. I say do him if you want an end game striker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »

It's a joke, considering there are only 3 gold cards worth more than the pack it has to be the worst value SBC I've ever seen from EA!

• Advertisement

They know people have fodder, and a lack of outlets to spend it. :/

Advertisement