Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Opened 8 (5 mega packs) packs. 83 Hradecky was the best pull and was in 5 effing packs. Mega me hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Blazer wrote: »
    Looks like EA have seriously screwed up.
    EFL tots are still in packs and people are going nuts about it.

People who got EFL should get another pack like when similar mistakes in the past but given EA are on a media blackout they’ll probably hope that people just forget come Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Looks like EA have seriously screwed up.
    EFL tots are still in packs and people are going nuts about it.

Yeah got the blue flare from my 5 x 85+ packed and was delighted only to see it be an efl player.

Thought I got someone decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah got the blue flare from my 5 x 85+ packed and was delighted only to see it be an efl player.

Thought I got someone decent.

Actually last year they kept them in packs until the Monday. Scummy scummy company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not sure if you’re ware, but quitting is actually going to hurt you massively.

There’s this system called ELO where you are facing people with similar form to yourself. But it doesn’t count quits. So if you win two games, you match up with people who have won two games. If you lose two, you face someone who has lost two.

But if you quit, it doesn’t count it as a loss, so you will keep facing people with a higher rating.

It sucks from a time point of view, but you’re usually better off putting your controller down if you want to have some easier games to win.

I did not realise that, thanks a mill for the info. Gonna try a few games tonight and hopefully lag is a bit better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

30 packs of various shapes and sizes.

Fofana in a loan pack, hehe.

CL and Copa cards being blue suck ass.

Boards: Deli Ali. Aspas, Coman, Leno, Ndidi, Pereira...
    Walkouts: Azpilicueta.

Bloody hell, that’s a depressing showing. Not even decent fodder.

The Ultimate pack was tragic. One 84 and two 83.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Opened a couple of the ****e gold packs that I had, nothing of note barring an 87 Modric. 85 Leno + IF Embolo from the prime pack and then 2x 85 EFL TOTS in the 10x83 pack as well as Neuer, Veratti and Alderweireld.. not half bad.

Have about 30 packs left to go later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Got TOTS Gundogan, untradable but only worth 215k, guess I shouldn't be complaining

I did a couple of the player picks before they expired and hoping for something good once the PL TOTs started - absolutely no such luck - triple duplicates from both the 81-87 and 80+ Player Pick! You couldn’t script this if you tried, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RedRochey wrote: »
    Got TOTS Gundogan, untradable but only worth 215k, guess I shouldn't be complaining

tots are extremely cheap this year.. Rashford and Bruno are the only 2 expensive ones.. Hell De Bruyne's card is only 1.1 mill while his toty is 900k on xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Got Ruben Dias from one those 12 PL player packs that were in objectives last week, He’ll get minutes for sure

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tots are extremely cheap this year.. Rashford and Bruno are the only 2 expensive ones.. Hell De Bruyne's card is only 1.1 mill while his toty is 900k on xbox.

Awesome. I bought the europa League Rashford yesterday for 610k before remembering he’d likely get a TOTS. But his new card is so expensive, his EL card has risen 100k as a result. Easy profit, especially since I wasn’t massively enjoying him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Awesome. I bought the europa League Rashford yesterday for 610k before remembering he’d likely get a TOTS. But his new card is so expensive, his EL card has risen 100k as a result. Easy profit, especially since I wasn’t massively enjoying him.

If Utd win the EL I think that card will only be one rating away from the TOTS too... same with Cancelo. If City win the UCL, his RTTF card will match TOTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

IMG-20210430-203826.jpg

OMG, the one player I really wanted from the PL TOTS! :eek:

From the PL Prime Players pack, one of the 70+ I had saved up! :)

Also packed TOTS Vardy, TOTS Honeyman, TOTS Million, and TOTS Grant (twice).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Packed zero TOTS in my packs but I did pack Neymar!

These EFL cards are way overpowered or is it just me? I am coming up against teams packed with EFL TOTS players who seem really meta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

This market is nuts. I upgraded to PIM Eusebio last weekend for 5M, (found zero difference from his mid), just sold him for 5.85M. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just played a match where I had 20% possession :D it was like playing squad battles, he just kept passing it around midfield, and of course he scores a jammy goal where his attacker with the ball just runs into my defender and ends up with the ball past him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I sold 98 messi

Bought 93 Eto

Sold 93 Eto

Bought 98 Messi

Thats pretty much my update.

Screenshot-20210430-212150-FUTBIN.jpg

Got Harvey Barnes from the Community TOTs Guarantee pack I hadn’t opened yet - I’ll take that, he looks half way decent.

Also opened 2 PL premium players pack but nothing in them

Just had two ridiculously contrasting games there in the WL.

The first game; at HT I was 2-1 down and I had 8:8 shots to his 3:2 and about 68% possession.
    He had 10 men from just before HT

He goe 3-1 up, he was just smashing 30 yard passes out of a packed defence and every one hit and naturally he was able to convert a few 3v3 with top players.
    I get it back to 3-3 and he wins AET, scored maybe one extra when the game was over.. think it was 5-3.
    He had gold Pope, who saved at least 4 gimme chances.

The next game, this fella has Cruyff and Pele etc... nothing he does works and I'm 4-0 up at HT, for my second I aimed at Neymar and it slotted Kluivert in at a perfect angle to finesse.

Every pass out of defence he tried went to me and every stupid pass I gave went through anyway.
    Towards the end he rattled the post and I took one hand off to scratch my head and Virgin auto ran in and blocked Neymars tight rebound at an empty net.

Both games were each extreme of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

10x 83+ pack! Sure glad I saved it.

50-F9-A14-A-6726-4-F2-E-9-B1-E-2-AFAC3-E043-B2.jpg

Feel like I deserved these after getting a mid drogba on the attackers icon pack yesterday

This one from a pl pack from objectives last week
    8-A63-F026-F7-D6-4347-B37-E-D5-C7703-EE0-C5.jpg

And this from a 50k pack I had saved (untradeable too)
    75-CD0-BA6-2-BB5-4-E1-E-B612-E5508848-DEC0.jpg

Finishing the night 5-5 after a horrible start at 1-4. My last game there the guy passed it around the back for the last 20 mins to hold his lucky 2-1 lead :) I was through on goal about 10m away from the closest defender and just as I shoot, PIM Zambrotta comes outta nowhere and blocks it in a bicycle kick motion...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Fodder is very cheap atm

Tip lads - last week when guaranteed community tots dropped with high chem, maguire sold for 6k for an hour or 2 after and regulon at about 4.5 to 5k

Reason being, people have a lot of very high rated fodder now but need 82’s 83’s in defense to bring up chem.

You can get regulon at 1.4 now or maguire at 2.2

The prem tots one will have a higher overall rating so not sure if it’ll be as effective but worth a shot

How is PIM Makelele holding up for anyone who uses him?

I'm still running gold Kante but have enough fodder now that I could do Makelele for very little.

Obviously would be using as a pure stay back CDM alongside a box to box in a 4-2-3-1.

BrentMused wrote: »
    How is PIM Makelele holding up for anyone who uses him?

I'm still running gold Kante but have enough fodder now that I could do Makelele for very little.

Obviously would be using as a pure stay back CDM alongside a box to box in a 4-2-3-1.

I use moments makelele, he’d def be an upgrade on kante, but if I hadn’t already done makelele I’d have preferred Essien.

Having said that, if you just want an upgrade on kante and are running a prem team, tots rodri in objectives looks like a decent cdm and relatively easy to get (I haven’t used him yet though)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I use moments makelele, he’d def be an upgrade on kante, but if I hadn’t already done makelele I’d have preferred Essien.

Having said that, if you just want an upgrade on kante and are running a prem team, tots rodri in objectives looks like a decent cdm and relatively easy to get (I haven’t used him yet though)

Cheers man.

I actually got Rodri done in an hour and 15 minutes just there so will give him a spin.

The only thing that puts me off Essien is the work rates and I've read reviews that he tends to go walkabout. When only running one CDM I can't afford that to happen too often, so if I do decide to go for one of them Makelele might suit me better.

There's something about Kante, whether it's the crab walk jockey animation or something else he's absolutely fantastic in game but at this stage of the game cycle his passing is a liability and I find myself getting caught out more and more each week with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Well that nearly killed me... to anyone who played their games on Friday and Saturday, why? Sunday’s are so much more relaxed and you get far more rage quits. I lost 3 games I was 2-0 up in.

2-BA226-A6-9-E3-F-4-BC7-B0-D5-8-BB35061-C064.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This is my second WL, I played 8 games last night and 13 today sitting at 10-11. All has been rosy in the garden, no connection problems at all and all players until the last one there have been grand. Couldn't fault it tbh bar most of the teams putting mine to shame.

Advertisement