Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

EFL TOTS Guaranteed SBC up - 1 English player, 82 rated squad 30 chem! Quite generous by EA standards

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

Boulders8 wrote: »
    EFL TOTS Guaranteed SBC up - 1 English player, 82 rated squad 30 chem! Quite generous by EA standards

Aaaaand I got Krul. Guess he can go towards Sergio.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got a dupe Krul, so ended up doing Kostic's 88 card to not waste him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

85 Honeyman :pac: at least it’s good for fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just dawned on me there’s still one more icon swaps to come.
    New season doesn’t start til 7th may and if you want one of the icons that require more tokens it’s the second part of the season so you’re looking at mid/end June.

What is even the point of that at that stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Packed tots bailey and moise Kean out of the objective rare mega pack ,feels good to finally get a bit of pack luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Got Ricardo Santos from the guaranteed pack, one of the lowest value ones but interesting, he was mentioned here recently, has anyone used him?

Only has 66 jumping which seems very poor for a CB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    New season doesn’t start til 7th may and if you want one of the icons that require more tokens it’s the second part of the season so you’re looking at mid/end June.

Wait, what?? More swaps?? Did they do three batches last year?
    RedRochey wrote: »
    Got Ricardo Santos from the guaranteed pack, one of the lowest value ones but interesting, he was mentioned here recently, has anyone used him?

Yeah but he’s 6’5 so doesn’t need to jump high to clear the ball.

RedRochey wrote: »

He’d still prob out jump everyone.. he’s got 99 agility and 80 something balance which is prob more important.. I’d swap my Honeyman for him :pac:

Helik ugh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

They'll either need to significantly juice the rewards or release all the tokens achievable in one batch to make it worthwhile IMO.

Most people will just take the 25 x packs etc unless the icons are end game at that point and we all know there's not a hope of that - it'll be your Moments Owen or similar for 16 tokens :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me if they don't even bother with it hoping people won't kick up much of a fuss with TOTS in full swing.

Original plan was to play WL for the PL TOTS and Ultimate TOTS, but thinking now I really cba. Rivals gives me enough pain as it is, can’t imagine WL being any better... have never gotten a good pick from them either in all the years I’ve played WL.

BrentMused wrote: »
    They'll either need to significantly juice the rewards or release all the tokens achievable in one batch to make it worthwhile IMO.

Most people will just take the 25 x packs etc unless the icons are end game at that point and we all know there's not a hope of that - it'll be your Moments Owen or similar for 16 tokens :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me if they don't even bother with it hoping people won't kick up much of a fuss with TOTS in full swing.

They’ll do it but I imagine it’ll be similar to icon swaps 2, where everyone just took the fodder packs.
    And everyone will take them trying to pack tots players but it kinda defeats the point of having it as “icon swaps”

Mr Moon wrote: »

Yep there was 3

I got prime zanetti and baby schmeichel from first, prime Essien from second and moments cannavaro from 3rd

Much better options for the stages of the game compared to this year

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mr Moon wrote: »

Yeah there was as I had Nesta (didn't bother with the first batch for some reason), Essien and PIM Cannavaro.
    BrentMused wrote: »

One batch would be great. I get they will want to keep the game going as long as possible to roll into the Euros but at that stage of the game nobody will be taking the Icons over the packs unless there's some really good Primes or PIMs in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Has it been confirmed there's a third Icon Swaps?

If there is to be another Swaps I think they'll put it all into one season. Maybe do 14 tokens and cram like 6 into squad battles, a Weekend League one, a Rivals one and the rest into friendlies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If it follows the same path as last year, it was generally a low rated SBC for the weaker team, followed by an expensive but not crazy second one for the better team.

I think the PL one last year needed an 87 but the German and Italian leagues were maybe 84 or so.

You did need a TOTS for the second one each week if I remember right though. So it’s 100% worthwhile doing today’s, even if it’s only to get a cheap TOTS card to burn into a better SBC in the coming days.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If it follows the same path as last year, it was generally a low rated SBC for the weaker team, followed by an expensive but not crazy second one for the better team.

I think the PL one last year needed an 87 but the German and Italian leagues were maybe 84 or so.

You did need a TOTS for the second one each week if I remember right though. So it’s 100% worthwhile doing today’s, even if it’s only to get a cheap TOTS card to burn into a better SBC in the coming days.

Got Elder 85 LB from Hull - never heard of him. He’s going straight into an SBC requiring a TOTs player.

Done 3 of the 81-87 player picks - an 83, 84 and 81 the results.

One of the 80+ player picks = an 83

One of the 3 80+ rated players gave me an 83, 82 and 80.

Shocking really, the only consolation being that mainly just used duplicates sitting in my transfer pile

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yeah 87 was ok for the Prem one last year but I remember they made it require 85 chemistry or something high like that which was a pain.

Wait, I think I took Kaka from Icon Swaps 3 last year!! If I recall right, there weren't good choices for the latter end of it so I'm not expecting much for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Get a chuckle everytime my Prime Giggs is the "one to watch" player at the beginning of my matches. He has actually started playing better for me now that he has been arrested. Very odd.

Made some changes to my tactics yesterday and either those alone or swapping Digne in made a huge difference.

Despite the fact I was having a few beers, I only lost about 1 game from 11, naturally I pushed it too far and lost the last of the night(to make it 2 losses) but I'll put that down to the beer and the time.

Initially I was using drop back and low depth, but switched to "press on a bad touch" and average line a few weeks ago... can't say I noticed a huge difference with the depth, the only difference was the team pressing together at times.

Switched to "press on a loss" and a high line and it really forces people into mistakes.
    Instead of your players tracking runs back into the 6 yard box and breaking the defensive line they will hold firm higher up which means more players are marked by default.

I can't say I saw any advantage to trying to keep things tighter as people will still score 80% of their shots on target and most can get 3-8 easily enough despite how the game goes.

I found using the other tactics the only pressure came from whoever i controlled so there was more shifting trying to get a step head of the opponent while they had an easy time passing it.

Might as well manipulate the AI the best ways possible instead of thinking about what "should" work logically.

They didn't seem like drastic changes, and the press on a loss for 7 seconds implies that after the 7 seconds they didn't do much but either that alone or the marginally higher line makes it much harder for someone to get cheap ball as the AI will do more for you.

Going back to the point about the conversion rates, does anyone use base Alison?.... I'm finding he's making very few saves, most guys are converting the majority of their shots on target against him.
    For all the slack people gave P.Schmeichel on here a month ago, I've found when i've came up against him he's saved a fair few of my gimmie chances.

If you have a depth of 7+ your team automatically pushes out of your box and plays offside traps, its far more effective than sitting back.

Made some changes to my tactics yesterday and either those alone or swapping Digne in made a huge difference.

Despite the fact I was having a few beers, I only lost about 1 game from 11, naturally I pushed it too far and lost the last of the night(to make it 2 losses) but I'll put that down to the beer and the time.

Initially I was using drop back and low depth, but switched to "press on a bad touch" and average line a few weeks ago... can't say I noticed a huge difference with the depth, the only difference was the team pressing together at times.

Switched to "press on a loss" and a high line and it really forces people into mistakes.
    Instead of your players tracking runs back into the 6 yard box and breaking the defensive line they will hold firm higher up which means more players are marked by default.

I can't say I saw any advantage to trying to keep things tighter as people will still score 80% of their shots on target and most can get 3-8 easily enough despite how the game goes.

I found using the other tactics the only pressure came from whoever i controlled so there was more shifting trying to get a step head of the opponent while they had an easy time passing it.

Might as well manipulate the AI the best ways possible instead of thinking about what "should" work logically.

They didn't seem like drastic changes, and the press on a loss for 7 seconds implies that after the 7 seconds they didn't do much but either that alone or the marginally higher line makes it much harder for someone to get cheap ball as the AI will do more for you.

Going back to the point about the conversion rates, does anyone use base Alison?.... I'm finding he's making very few saves, most guys are converting the majority of their shots on target against him.
    For all the slack people gave P.Schmeichel on here a month ago, I've found when i've came up against him he's saved a fair few of my gimmie chances.

Try Areola... the only GK I’ve consistently used this year. Found the rest to be ****e. Areola can have bad games too, but found his good games more consistent. Heard good things about his TOTS as well.

Did the Community TOTS SBC and got Moise Kean, my pack luck is actually horrendous.

AdamD wrote: »
    Did the Community TOTS SBC and got Moise Kean, my pack luck is actually horrendous.

I just seen it and an 85 squad with 70 Chem doesn’t bode well for the PL Guaranteed TOTs - expect that to be an 88 squad and high chem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ililic in mine, not the best but a 91 rated card will make the next one easier to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got Mukiele.. Has his rulebreaks card I think and loved it...I could play him at LB beside Mbappe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

AdamD wrote: »
    If you have a depth of 7+ your team automatically pushes out of your box and plays offside traps, its far more effective than sitting back.

It is if you have pacy cb, its not very effective with a prime vidic or vvd.

I play 7 dept but have a wall of fullbacks haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Calvin wrote: »
    Try Areola... the only GK I’ve consistently used this year. Found the rest to be ****e. Areola can have bad games too, but found his good games more consistent. Heard good things about his TOTS as well.

Gold Ederson is always my shout here.

I've found him to be the best and far more consistent than any other GK, including Icons.

He's very quick so this helps with closing down angles and his speed can catch out opponents when bringing him out.

He also has excellent kicking and I've scored many goals from his quick kicks down the wings as the default setting is for opponents to close down the short throws.

Don't get me wrong, he's far from perfect and there's been plenty of "FFS' moments, but I've lost count of the amount of times he's bailed me out, whereas my experience with other GK's has been largely negative.

Advertisement