Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I know but I weighed it up and thought getting an EFL one would have been better than getting a Saudi one on Monday!

crap..are they in Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Blazer wrote: »

Yep - so the red picks will be PL and Saudi next Thursday - glad I’m not in that lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yep, unfortunately... half tempted to go for gold 2 this week just so I’m guaranteed a PL card.. but also the extra effort of going for 3 more wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

Finished Serg, got TOTS Dias in the 89 squad pack which was a lovely bonus considering my squad was completely culled!

Anyone try Dias out? I heard his good but Cancelo is better at CB and he's slightly cheaper so got him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Doing Bamford.

Just packed TOTY Cancelo from a 75+ Reward Pack :D

Hopped on and played 2 games... lost 2, puts me at 13-13. First game I lost in ET after hitting the post 3 times with Reus. Get countered, he puts in a ****e cross that, for some reason, Walker doesn’t clear and his Paulinho just walks through Walker and Klaiber standing still like robots to grab the winner.

Second game, his GK had 7 saves in the first half and he scored his only shot on target. Went on to lose that 2-1 :) not for me today. I’ll get that one win later on tonight. Then that’s me done for WL, so much ****e over this weekend I can’t go through another weekend of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Currently sitting at 18-5 after going 16-1, like clockwork as soon as we got to 2:30pm the servers went to trash. Played and beat some really top quality players this weekend.

I really need someone to pull the controller from my hands when the servers get bad, my own stubbornness is killing me every weekend. That or I need to kick myself out of bed at like 8am and start playing. Taking a break until late tonight when the servers will hopefully be better.

Overall the new team feels really good, Neymar and Reus are tearing it up for me.
    Anyone try Dias out? I heard his good but Cancelo is better at CB and he's slightly cheaper so got him.

Dias is great, running him along with TOTY VVD with him as the LCB because of his 4 star weak foot. He is best CB IMO next to Varane. Can't speak to Cancelo at CB as I use him at RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

14-6. I'll push to gold 2 later on. Dalglish is all kinds of wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Screenshot-20210502-124023.jpg

Have cleared out most of my club and coins now and I'm currently running the above 4-2-3-1 in game with everyone starting on 10 chem (Neymar and Salah as LAM and RAM respectively, Makelele as a stay back CDM and Curtis Jones box-to-box).

I've had super pack luck this year with Cantona from the Mid/Prime in March, Dalglish and Blanc from the recent repeatable Prime and Salah from one of the 70+ packs I had saved for PL TOTS, not to mention many other excellent pulls earlier in the game cycle.

I had been looking to improve on gold Kante and after trying TOTY Rodri felt he was still a level below. The Kante crab walk jockey animation and L/H work rates are hard to beat! However, I'm glad I did the PIM Makelele SBC as he feels like an upgrade on Kante especially with his passing as Kante's passing has been proving problematic of late and getting me into trouble. With fodder so low I was able to do him for 50k plus the fodder I got from my saved packs for PL TOTS so pretty pleased with that.

I'd like to improve on Traore next as although he is very good, his stamina is an issue as he's usually dead on his feet after an hour despite me having my full backs on stay back! Roberto Carlos or TOTY Davies take my eye but I'll be a long time building up the coins again at this point.

Aside from Traore and maybe Curtis Jones who I feel is creeping a bit below the power curve in recent weeks, I'm really happy with that team.

PIM Cannavaro was my one big purchase at 1m a few weeks ago but he's worth every penny to me as he has transformed my defence. He's so quick and agile, it's like controlling TOTY Messi with maxed out defensive stats at the back!

Any recommendations at the LB or box to box midfielder positions would be most welcome please lads? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Plenty of good LB options now.

If you have fodder you could always do Zambrotta, he has 5 star WF and I ran his mid card at LB briefly and he was great.

But it really depends on what type of fullback you want. If you want someone more attacking or someone who you will have on stay back the whole time.

PL Premium upgrade + regular PL upgrades are out :D time to empty my club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Parawind wrote: »
    Plenty of good LB options now.

If you have fodder you could always do Zambrotta, he has 5 star WF and I ran his mid card at LB briefly and he was great.

But it really depends on what type of fullback you want. If you want someone more attacking or someone who you will have on stay back the whole time.

Thanks man.

I always have my full backs on stay back, I never really attack with them at all - so good defensive positioning, someone who won't go walkabout and the ability to win the ball and pass it off would be all that would be required.

Just checked Zambrotta and I see he's only 560k now with fodder being so low so I'll definitely check him out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

Aguero is a joy to play with. He’s got 25 goals in 12 WL games today. He does not miss with that right peg.

Lamposts wrote: »
    14-6. I'll push to gold 2 later on. Dalglish is all kinds of wow.

14-9.

3 defeats in a row.

Demoralizing.

Talks of Reus & Dalglish wanting to leave the club. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

BrentMused wrote: »
    Thanks man.

I always have my full backs on stay back, I never really attack with them at all - so good defensive positioning, someone who won't go walkabout and the ability to win the ball and pass it off would be all that would be required.

Just checked Zambrotta and I see he's only 560k now with fodder being so low so I'll definitely check him out! :)

Did him myself this week, he is the best defender I have used so far in game, intercepts everything and wins all of his tackles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got to 22 with 1 game left and lost 3-2, 89th minute goal. Pretty sickening but tbh the last few games weren't particularly enioyable. It didn't even resemble football, was just spam it up to a striker and try glitch through my defense with skill moves. The last guy scored a goal after I'd tackled him 3 times in the same move.

I'm sure my goals were similar, the game just doesn't reward passing at all.

AdamD wrote: »
    Got to 22 with 1 game left and lost 3-2, 89th minute goal. Pretty sickening but tbh the last few games weren't particularly enioyable. It didn't even resemble football, was just spam it up to a striker and try glitch through my defense with skill moves. The last guy scored a goal after I'd tackled him 3 times in the same move.

I'm sure my goals were similar, the game just doesn't reward passing at all.

Agree.. wish good passing was rewarded more. Nothing more satisfying than pulling off a great passing sequence and finishing with a goal. Scored a lovely one earlier today with a quick passing triangle, felt like prime Barca... only for my opponent to kick off juggle the ball over my entire defence and score the winner :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Those PL upgrade packs would be amazing if the PL League SBC had been renewed.

Fairly convenient that it’s not been. We may have had extra packs.

Did about 10 of those PL packs and got Ederson.
    Which meant I stopped at 8-4 as I couldn’t be arsed knowing I'll get him in my red picks and realistically only Salah/Cancelo/Dias would get into my squad without having to make drastic changes.
    Went back to playing 5212 and the abuse I got. Easily know it’s PL tots time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭dmigsy

And done at 14-1. The defence was solid, didn't give away as many chances as usual. A couple of lads messaged me after saying how annoying Sanches and Matthaus were as CDMs.

Won all four games that went to ET. Mane and Diatta were consistent match winners coming on as subs. Stuck with the same 4222 formation and tactics the whole way through, only switching from balanced defence to constant pressure if I went behind or it went to ET.

image.png

dmigsy wrote: »
    And done at 14-1. The defence was solid, didn't give away as many chances as usual. A couple of lads messaged me after saying how annoying Sanches and Matthaus were as CDMs.

Won all four games that went to ET. Mane and Diatta were consistent match winners coming on as subs. Stuck with the same 4222 formation and tactics the whole way through, only switching from balanced defence to constant pressure if I went behind or it went to ET.

image.png

What’s your 4222 tactics? Came up against it a good bit this weekend and could never get past the DMs.

Calvin wrote: »
    What’s your 4222 tactics? Came up against it a good bit this weekend and could never get past the DMs.

Tactics are nothing fancy but suits my playstyle, I suppose.

image.png

ST - Stay Central, Get in behind, Stay Forward
    CAM - Basic Defense Support, Get in box,
    CDM - Balanced Defense, Balanced Attack, Cover centre
    FBs/CBs - Stay back

All on normal interceptions.

I'm honestly losing the will to play this the last few days.

I got to 14 wins, but this last game at HT he had 3:3 shots to my 8:6 and he was winning 3-0, I think I had 65% possession.

I'm literally playing the same game over and over and if I win it, I'm basically scraping whereas when I lose the stats I'm taking a hiding.

I'm just having all my shots auto blocked, its ridiculous how often the ball hits the players, but they are shooting on the break so no chance to benefit from the OP blocking.

Similar to someone earlier, went to ET at 4-4 and he had 4:4 shots to my 16:14 and I reckon 12 of mine were blocked.
    He won on penalties.

I completely accept it's not scripting or the like in this regard.
    As I keep seeing the same trend, I'm dominating possession but cant get clean shots off and then they're attacking my retreating defence and ghosting by my defenders.

I'm not sure what you can do to stop the counter as I've tried numerous settings, I can see how to improve my attacking as I'm not spamming moves enough but how can you have less of the ball to stop the counter?.

I'm honestly losing the will to play this the last few days.

I got to 14 wins, but this last game at HT he had 3:3 shots to my 8:6 and he was winning 3-0, I think I had 65% possession.

I'm literally playing the same game over and over and if I win it, I'm basically scraping whereas when I lose the stats I'm taking a hiding.

I'm just having all my shots auto blocked, its ridiculous how often the ball hits the players, but they are shooting on the break so no chance to benefit from the OP blocking.

Similar to someone earlier, went to ET at 4-4 and he had 4:4 shots to my 16:14 and I reckon 12 of mine were blocked.
    He won on penalties.

I completely accept it's not scripting or the like in this regard.
    As I keep seeing the same trend, I'm dominating possession but cant get clean shots off and then they're attacking my retreating defence and ghosting by my defenders.

I'm not sure what you can do to stop the counter as I've tried numerous settings, I can see how to improve my attacking as I'm not spamming moves enough but how can you have less of the ball to stop the counter?.

I'm a possession hogger too and go through spells like this where I'm either scraping wins or losing to people that I've had 3 or 4 times more shots than. With me it's always, always down to shooting too soon, and not doing an extra skill move or making an extra pass to make sure you have a clear shot and you're not setting yourself up for an autoblock.

You'll always concede a few on the counter so I find it's more about what you can do to slow counters so your team can get back down than over-committing to try to win it back quickly. Just blocking the next obvious pass is often enough to slow things down and get the team back behind the ball.

image.png

17-11 in the end.

Team review:
    Yellow - 10/10
    Red - 9/10
    Blue 7/10

:pac:

dmigsy wrote: »
    I'm a possession hogger too and go through spells like this where I'm either scraping wins or losing to people that I've had 3 or 4 times more shots than. With me it's always, always down to shooting too soon, and not doing an extra skill move or making an extra pass to make sure you have a clear shot and you're not setting yourself up for an autoblock.

You'll always concede a few on the counter so I find it's more about what you can do to slow counters so your team can get back down than over-committing to try to win it back quickly. Just blocking the next obvious pass is often enough to slow things down and get the team back behind the ball.

I agree 100% I'm getting blocked too much due to my own fault, I need to learn to ghost through people before shooting more.

Having said that, the percentage of shots blocked is still ridiculous, you could have 5 in a row.. even a shot going wide or over would be better than just hitting defenders over and over.

I've changed a lot formation and tactics wise, even upgrading players but I find win ratio and % games like this are pretty consistent so I'm not sure what I can do to address it.

I suppose the nuts and bolts of it is, I'm not scoring enough as I can only limit them so much on defence and by scoring more, I'd draw them out more and concede less.

I have PIM Kluivert and half the games i play i find him just too slow as a ST and hes not good enough to move.
    Maybe the best thing is to suspense with him but its difficult since he's untradable.

Looking at my mids/strikers there and Neymar has the best passing so I'm probably getting stung there too without a genuine playmaker and Kluivert makes the most sense to move out to change that.

Atal/Neymar/Mbabbe
    Makelele/Lucas(89)/Kluivert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I agree 100% I'm getting blocked too much due to my own fault, I need to learn to ghost through people before shooting more.

Having said that, the percentage of shots blocked is still ridiculous, you could have 5 in a row.. even a shot going wide or over would be better than just hitting defenders over and over.

I've changed a lot formation and tactics wise, even upgrading players but I find win ratio and % games like this are pretty consistent so I'm not sure what I can do to address it.

I have PIM Kluivert and half the games i play i find him just too slow as a ST and hes not good enough to move.
    Maybe the best thing is to suspense with him but its difficult since he's untradable.

Looking at my mids/strikers there and Neymar has the best passing so I'm probably getting stung there too without a genuine playmaker and Kluivert makes the most sense to move out to change that.

Atal/Neymar/Mbabbe
    Makelele/Lucas(89)/Kluivert

Yep! Most beautiful thing in football. Ball rolls back to midfielder and he smashes it into the top corner. Not in fifa... I have seen a handful of shots hit with power that are not blocked from outside the box. And then even less that avoid the block that are not saved. Mad, I still hit shoot with no finesse even though I know it's going to get blocked :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

Are autoblocks in the game to keep games close? There’s definitely some reason they want to keep them in , it really reduces the variety of goals . If Fifa was more about passing & moving & less about stupid skill moves, it would be a lot better in my opinion .

• Advertisement

image.png

50k SBC. I needed a RB as well. :D

Advertisement