Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,680 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lads how is 87 Sanchez best deployed with a shadow as a pure cdm or a with a hunter and more box to box ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lost a game of fut champs there with a horrible connection. Now totally lost connection to servers. I don't know why I bother, the one weekend I had time to get up a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Cyrus wrote: »
    Lads how is 87 Sanchez best deployed with a shadow as a pure cdm or a with a hunter and more box to box ?

I'm not sure , I've a maestro on him as a box to box , might move him to CDM if I get a Bruno IF maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Completed the nedved sbc today. Jesus he is unreal, ball is glued to him and he sees passes that aren't there.

4 games with 4 goals and 4 assists so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Came up against a guy using a full gold team with the likes of Sissoko, Yedlin, Varane, Gomez etc and I lost 2-0 despite absolutely dominating shots and possession. Everything fell right for him, 50/50 duels, passes, everything. His gold rare Yedlin marked my entire left side out of the game.

Load of ****e, enough for me to put down the game tonight after 2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Sniped Mid R9 last night during the panic as I figured I could sell with a minimal coin loss today if I didn't like him.

Played 10 Div Rivals games with him up front in place of Mid Eusebio and while he scored a few goals I found him very disappointing. I had always been hesitant to get him since I had been reading people saying he is a beast, but only in good gameplay. I can confirm that is 100% the case, so shipped him back out for a small tax loss and brought in PIM Eusebio (Very little difference to his Mid).

I also cashed in on RTTF Varane and brought in Alaba for less then half the price, definitely not as good, his smaller frame really makes him easier to get past and I swapped him to CDM after a few games and running Vieira in CB.

Currently 7-2 in WL and some shocking behaviour from my opponents, so far I had 2 opponents start spamming party invites as soon as they went behind and not just the opponent, they were coming from 3-4 players (obviously their mates).

Tomorrow I'm going to try out this backline, first time to try Fullbacks at CB. I hate to do but I just seem to be putting myself at such a disadvantage and I want to put Vieira back into Midfield. Poor gameplay seems like its going to be the norm during TOTS and tonight Van Dijk got burnt so many timesI just had to do something.

Davies - L.Bender - Mukiele - Alaba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210425-101509-FUT-Track.jpg

Screenshot-20210425-102007-Companion.jpg

Usual 17 wins haha. Neres and Messi been neck and neck all weekend its remarkable how similar they both fe concidering the ratings and cost difference. Neres has to be the bargain of the season for the cost of his sbc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Parawind wrote: »

Have a look at Gunter instead of Mukiele or put him in instead of a Alaba, his price to stats is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Decided to jump back on this weekend having not played for a few weeks and boy was it a struggle . I barely scraped gold 3 winning my last game in extra time every team now is loaded multiple icons POTM Mbappe , neymar etc hopefully i get that valverde in my red picks .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

9-6 at the moment. Wouldn’t mind but 4 of my losses were Friday in bad gameplay and everyone of those I should have won as my opponent were worse.

Bringing Puskas back made a difference and using catalyst made a massive difference to my frontline.
    He’s already scored 25 in 11 games with plenty of assists. Now his passing is maxed out and cutting through teams for the other players to get on the end off.
    That’s more goals than Mbappe, Eusebio and Garrincha’s combined total from 15 games.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have a look at Gunter instead of Mukiele or put him in instead of a Alaba, his price to stats is very good.

Picked him up there, looking at his stats I think your right, thanks for the suggestion.

Think i'll try him in place of Alaba at CB in game and leave bender at right back, gives the entire defence 99 Sprint Speed.

Putting him at LB for 10 chem and I'll run Davies on 7 chem. Not sure if I want this to work or not and making this many changes mid weekend is probably crazy. I'll run a few div rivals games first to get Mukiele's loyalty and test it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Tomorrow I'm going to try out this backline, first time to try Fullbacks at CB. I hate to do but I just seem to be putting myself at such a disadvantage and I want to put Vieira back into Midfield. Poor gameplay seems like its going to be the norm during TOTS and tonight Van Dijk got burnt so many timesI just had to do something.

I'd highly recommend Moments Cannavaro if you want to stick with CB's.

With full backs I find there's a lot of "sponge" tackles, where they don't win the ball cleanly and the rebound falls back to the attacker. I know that happens with proper CB's too but it seems far more prevalent with full backs.

PIM Cannavaro feels like controlling a top full back with his agility and balance and he's so quick there's no need for a shadow so you can just use a catalyst to give him the passing boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

13-6 myself. Teams are insane though. Finding that I'm either hammering teams or losing by a goal to a sweat fest.
    Won't even show my team, nothing compared to some of the squads here!

BrentMused wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend Moments Cannavaro if you want to stick with CB's.

With full backs I find there's a lot of "sponge" tackles, where they don't win the ball cleanly and the rebound falls back to the attacker. I know that happens with proper CB's too but it seems far more prevalent with full backs.

PIM Cannavaro feels like controlling a top full back with his agility and balance and he's so quick there's no need for a shadow so you can just use a catalyst to give him the passing boost.

I'm sure he's really good but I know I would throw him out at the first mistake, I just couldn't trust a 5' 9" CB.

Tested the Fullbacks at CB for 10 Div Rivals games, I don't think I was any better defensively. Noticed the same problem as with the CB, when the connection is bad they are just as clunky and the slow reaction lets slower players get in.

So its nothing to do with the actually stats of the players just the delay in the connection. So I think the bigger body types (High & Average+) of some of the top CB are still my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Player picks are back - my prayers were answered, now to clear my transfer list - 81-87 and 80+ plus a triple 80+ upgrade which you can recycle into the first too.

Fully expecting to get the bare minimum though :)-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Player picks are back - my prayers were answered, now to clear my transfer list - 81-87 and 80+ plus a triple 80+ upgrade which you can recycle into the first too.

Fully expecting to get the bare minimum though :)-

I’d hold off - we should get premium league upgrades for TOTS which are much better value imo and it’ll also be during the major leagues TOTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

That Sarr sbc is great value if he was premier league he would be 400 -500 k hopefully we see more player sbcs like this in next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

That Sarr sbc is great value if he was premier league he would be 400 -500 k hopefully we see more player sbcs like this in next few weeks.

Both of those sbcs are they feel like a trap tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Happy with 17, I’ll get my guaranteed picks now and fingers crossed for Wan Bissaka red!!

3-A708024-64-EA-4-DD0-B1-A8-653-DCE7541-C1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Leaving it at 14-6. Really enjoyed it this weekend - loads of RQs by me and against me meant I flew through the games. 4222 with both CDMs (Base Mattheus and Sanches) on balanced seems to suit me - never really got exposed without a CM on stay back, surprisingly.

Sanches is an amazing card - I saw a few on here saying he wasn't great but he's an absolute monster for me - wins so much ball and a great all-rounder on the ball.

One guy I lost to had that TOTS Clark-Harris card and absolutely rinsed me with him - he got both goals and both were down to his strength. 97 Physicality and 97 Pace, I couldn't get near him. Might pick him up at some stage.

• Advertisement

17-7 myself. Can't be arsed going for gold 1, going to do the objectives cards instead. It's the most toxic game mode I've played in though, you'd think people would just do golden goa given its friendlies, it's harder than WL!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Stopped at 11 as I just haven’t the interest or time to go on.
    Came up against that Sarr.. bloody hell he ripped me apart.

B512-B7-FD-3-F07-4195-90-F7-799-AA83-D3-C82.png

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

17-5, cba going any further. Some horrific gameplay again despite supposedly playing on 12-14 ping. Would happily pay more money for good servers as I enjoy the game when pressing a button doesn't take a second to register!

G1 as usual 20-10.

Ended up running Davies - Vieira - Van Dijk - Klaiber in defence with Alaba swapping to CDM.

Alaba was brilliant while the gameplay was responsive pressing really well, constantly breaking up the opponents play. But wow when the gameplay got bad he disappeared completely, never in the right position and constantly caught up field.

Went 17-5 during the City + United games. As soon as the matches end people were obviously piling on to the servers, gameplay becomes horrible and I lose 5 in a row to teams that I should have been able to dominate.

It was after losing my second straight game to put me 17-7 that I got a party invite from the guy who beat me. Normally I wouldn't join these because its always toxic but I just had to figure out if this guy was the best player that I had ever played or he had figured out some game breaking new system that prevented me from completing a 5 yard pass anywhere on the pitch.

So he and his mates start out joking but actually turned out to be decent lads. I tell him the servers have been a joke for the past 2 games and I couldn't play a simple pass. He says "yeah it seemed like something was broken for you, I couldn't believe that I won", gameplay was perfectly smooth for him. Then he tells me he's normally a Silver 1 player and is currently 6-11 this WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

It was after losing my second straight game to put me 17-7 that I got a party invite from the guy who beat me. Normally I wouldn't join these because its always toxic but I just had to figure out if this guy was the best player that I had ever played or he had figured out some game breaking new system that prevented me from completing a 5 yard pass anywhere on the pitch.

So he and his mates start out joking but actually turned out to be decent lads. I tell him the servers have been a joke for the past 2 games and I couldn't play a simple pass. He says "yeah it seemed like something was broken for you, I couldn't believe that I won", gameplay was perfectly smooth for him. Then he tells me he's normally a Silver 1 player and is currently 6-11 this WL.

From reading other forums such as Reddit it seems to be a really strange week in which many players who usually cruise it every weekend are struggling and players who usually struggle are winning games they would never have any business winning (myself included).

I hammered one guy at the weekend and chanced respectfully messaging him afterwards just to see what rank he was and where he usually finishes. He said he was a divison 1 player (I'm divison 3) and usually hits 20 wins but was having a nightmare this weekend and was 12-10 at that point. He could have been lying of course but not much point lying to a stranger online.

Now 99 times out of 100 I wouldn't have a prayer of competing with a player like that but if it was ever going to happen it seems like this was the perfect storm of a weekend and it appeared he was suffering similar issues to yourself where passes weren't being completed etc.

Strange weekend all round in FUT Champs!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Tenks

I finished 11-19. My worst WL ever! Haven’t had fewer than 14 wins in a while now.

Agreed that something was off this gameweek, but don’t know if it was me or the mechanics 😅 my finishing was terrible, Larsson who typically guarantees me 2-3 a game had a couple of blanks and everyone felt slow and unresponsive going forward.

Lowlight was losing 1-0 to a gold prem team that didn’t even have the usual meta players. Conceding an 85 min header to Almiron will be hard coded into my nightmares.

I'd argue that most people this week would have got their actual rank, as it probably had the highest player base for a WL for a long time. Anyone who's any interest in playing would have played so quality of players would be up making it harder to get to the higher ranks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

If the premier league comes out this weekend I'm going to struggle to get to 17 wins as I'm not around most of Saturday and all Sunday so I'll have to play most my games on Friday.

I can compete on a +5 - +8 ELO on a Sunday but on a Friday/Saturday I'll really struggle to get the wins with elite players on their way up the ranks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd argue that most people this week would have got their actual rank, as it probably had the highest player base for a WL for a long time. Anyone who's any interest in playing would have played so quality of players would be up making it harder to get to the higher ranks.

If there was a higher player base this weekend, that would mean a lower standard overall for the WL. This is because if everyone interested played, and D1 level players are the smallest proportion of the player base, the overall quality would be down as more sub-D1 players would be diluting the hardcore who play every single WL.

I didn't notice any difference in standard or gameplay to the usual tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I would think the more popular a WL league is, the easier it is. That's why I've never understood people saying it will be sweaty if there are extra red picks etc.

Those people play every weekend regardless, a more popular WL brings more casual players into the matchmaking.

Advertisement