Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

4 games in and I've been reminded why I hate this community!!

Full of toxic sweaty players. 1-3 so far, my opponents not interested in playing just sitting back and counter attacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

BrentMused wrote: »
    Wired or unwired mate?

Connection has been perfect for me all year but since the update it's full of that speed up lag on FIFA.

Wired mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »

Full of toxic sweaty players. 1-3 so far, my opponents not interested in playing just sitting back and counter attacking.

Yeah I kind of expect that for all WL games going forward, people will do whatever it takes to get those TOTS picks.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Tbh the issue is mainly the AI than the opponent.

I had a lad message me recently saying I was playing 1 depth and I wasn't.
    The game favours the team who is attacking an unorganised defence.

It can often be a case that the opponent isnt trying to counter, just you're dominating the territory so in effect every attack they have will be a counter.

They need to find a way to make midfield a factor.
    Sadly it's just too easy after one aimless pass out of defence to have a few attackers attacking a defence on retreat.

I had a friendly yesterday that was 9-5 AET, those games are too prevalent and the aim should be to make a football game that punishes people who are pinned back and aim 40 yard passes forward.
    If it was so effective to not have the ball then Ireland would have been great the last 10 years, when in fact the reality is by being pushed back, you find it too hard to get up the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mbappe and Neymar feel like Titus Bramble out there.
    €20 the servers go down around 6.
    Must put a bid on some players just in case

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I need that AWB.

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Saved rewards from yesterday & the 84+ player pick. Just after getting Wan Bisaka, Zielinski, Goldson and Tim Krul. :pac:

Nothing tradable of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

x PyRo wrote: »
    Saved rewards from yesterday & the 84+ player pick. Just after getting Wan Bisaka, Zielinski, Goldson and Tim Krul. :pac:

Nothing tradable of course.

Did you get AWB from the 84+ pick??? I have that saved too - will probably get Base Ndidi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Cant wait to get Honeyman and Jay in my red picks next week :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Did you get AWB from the 84+ pick??? I have that saved too - will probably get Base Ndidi

Nah Zielinski from that. There was some other 85 TOTS in it as well! AWB from an Ultimate pack for R1D1.

• Advertisement

Ha, opening my packs saved from WL.

Tots Hughes, Krul twice from nine packs.

Will save them for SBCs, but glad I kept the packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

These TOTS are very cheap already, even the good ones.

Took TOTs Honeyman from the 84+ Player pick. Other options were base 84, 85 and an 86. Had to take the Honey monster though just because he’s a TOTs lol

AdamD wrote: »
    These TOTS are very cheap already, even the good ones.

By and large, promo cards have been all year. I think they throw so, so many untradeable packs at people nowadays, it causes so many to be packed that prices and demand stay low.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jeez, anyone see that Portuguese TOTS CB from Bolton? 6’5 CB, 99 agility, 88 balance, 95 reactions, 84 pace (94 if shadow). Absolute mad card... could be tempting to drop Klaiber for him.

Picked up an unused prime Puksas as my 6 year olds son adores his card.
    Think it’s because I explained he was dead and then he had me go through a load of players who were also dead :) Even got him a Puksas top.
    He was heartbroken when I sold him so I bought him back. 3 games in I’m using catalyst this time on him to bump up kicks (none got since I bought him lol ) and he’s 2 goals off Eusebio and Mbappe’s combined total of 11 from 10 games in only 3 matches.
    And he’s only 1.2million.
    If you’ve got a spare mil get one of his cards for a striker role. He’s bloody amazing.
    Not even prime Eusebio matches imo for scoring ability.

236-C85-D5-6-EE2-4-D3-D-8-D72-85-ADE1322-E34.jpg

Jeez, anyone see that Portuguese TOTS CB from Bolton? 6’5 CB, 99 agility, 88 balance, 95 reactions, 84 pace (94 if shadow). Absolute mad card... could be tempting to drop Klaiber for him.

Jesus Christ Bolton are in league 4?? Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Baby Samuel Eto'o is this WL's striker experiment. Hang tight guys and the review will be up Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Got a lend of a different ethernet cable from a family member and my speed up lag woes have ended, yay! The only negative is I have no excuse for losing games now :D

Went 8-8 in WL today with 3 wins on the spin after I got the cable sorted. I'll be stuck for time this weekend so might try to squeeze in 3 more wins for Silver 1 and leave it at that.

For a change of pace said I'd try the Correa TOTS objectives and absolutely flew through them, I got them done in just over an hour. Golden goal seemed to be the order of the day which really helped.

Keeping my packs for PL TOTS next week. I have a nice lump of high value packs ready to go and will accumulate more during the week too including the Jumbo Rare Players and Ultimate Packs for the 300 FUT Friendly wins.

Looking at the prices of tonight's TOTS and can't believe how cheap most of them are already! I know 90% of them aren't the most desirable, but hopefully the PL TOTS will follow a similar price pattern!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Bolton are in league 4?? Damn.

Didn’t spot that either... a far-cry from Ivan Campo and Kevin Davies running their midfield in the prem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,680 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

For anyone interested in finding 92 figo very very good, better to use than krepin diatta imo much smoother and makes better runs .

Playing on the right in a 442

Prime Twitch pack is available to claim now - 4 rare gold players and a player pick of 82+. Might be worth saving for when the big league TOTs start.

Last couple of times the packs have come instantly into my account rather than having to wait weeks on end

Portuguese, you say? Awesome. Might give him a whirl.

My weekend league experience can be summed up thusly.

My opponent plays solitaire by himself for five minutes, before hoofing it to Renato Sanchez, who runs head first into my defenders (not even using skill). The ball magically bounces through all of my team and my keeper fluffs about, allowing an easy tap in. Repeat times thirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Portuguese, you say? Awesome. Might give him a whirl.

My weekend league experience can be summed up thusly.

My opponent plays solitaire by himself for five minutes, before hoofing it to Renato Sanchez, who runs head first into my defenders (not even using skill). The ball magically bounces through all of my team and my keeper fluffs about, allowing an easy tap in. Repeat times thirty.

I played a guy last night who had that celtic striker and he just keeps hoofing lofted through balls for his guy to climb over van dijk (who was trying to head clear) and take the ball down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Lamposts wrote: »
    Baby Samuel Eto'o is this WL's striker experiment. Hang tight guys and the review will be up Sunday.

Hi folks. I sold him after 5 games because he was utter pish. :D

Lamposts wrote: »
    Hi folks. I sold him after 5 games because he was utter pish. :D

Strange. Most people loved his card.
    It takes a bit of getting used to alright I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Managed to sneak in enough games to hit gold 3.

Finished 14-11 overall and to be honest felt that was one of the easier WL's overall.

Maybe it was due to the increase in player base so more chance of playing casuals, but even at ELO of +4 I wasn't getting battered which I usually do.

After taking a while to get used to running Prime Cantona at CAM and Prime Dalglish at ST, I think it has started to click. Basically any sort of open angle with Dalglish results in a goal 99 times out of 100 so I just do whatever it takes to get him in space away from an autoblock and if that's covered then Cantona takes over - pick your poison! :pac:

Had a couple of messages accusing me of buying wins because I had Kenny (icon SBC), Cantona (icon SBC), Blanc (icon SBC) and Moments Cannavaro (saved up and purchased with coins from trading) alongside a pretty regular team in which anyone could have got the other 7 players, made up of regular golds and other SBC's available to everyone.

Star of the weekend was Dalglish for sure but special mention to Moments Cannavaro who has transformed my defense. The ability to catch up to strikers who have yards head starts, all while it feels like you're controlling TOTY Messi, he's that agile! :eek:

What do you guys reckon the floor is on that AWB card? He’s at 590k right now, and I’d imagine he drops more after the guaranteed packs drop, and rewards.

I had been expecting the whole fullback meta to make him more valuable, tbh. I’d put a chunk more than his current price aside, so I’m hoping he drops towards 400k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭dmigsy

About 15 games played with the new team across Rivals and WL. Going well so far. Atal is the best RW i've used - he seems to wriggle past / outmuscle defenders that you don't expect him to get through. Great finishing too. I'm using Sanches and base (CB) Mattheus, as CDMs, both on balanced in a 4222. They're both scoring goals and good defensively. Mattheus is a little barrel and has that ability to bulldoze through players to win balls he should get nowhere near. Have a hunter on Sanches and he's scoring at a similar rate to Neymar and Rooney who I have upfront. His 5* WF means loads of left foot finesse goals from outside the box. Very handy against drop-back / packed defences.

• Advertisement

How has people’s pack luck been since TOTs started yesterday? I’m 19 packs in and the only TOTs card I’ve gotten is Honeyman from the 84+ player pick. Had a couple of 86’s and 85’s but nothing much else with the only “special card” being a 78 rated domestic MOTM which didn’t even merit a walkout!

Have 4 Ultimate Packs and 2 Jumbo Rare Players Packs but saving them for the 5 big leagues and Ultimate TOTs.

Hoping for a player pick SBC tonight though as my transfer list is now pretty full after my pack opening yesterday

Advertisement