Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

pearcider wrote: »
    I’m not getting the vaccine because I do not consent to it. Simple as that. You cannot force people to take medication that’s what totalitarian states do. I’d rather die than be forced to take something against my will.
    Sure and no one is forcing you.
    People however are still free to point out that your reasons are complete bull****.
    Like the below.
    The so called “vaccines” only got emergency use authorisation.
    No need for the scare quotes. They are vaccines.
    They were not developed and approved in the normal fashion. Everyone knows they were rushed out.
    Cool. Since everyone knows this, please point out where in the development and approval something was fraudulent or incorrect.

I don't think this is something you can do as your claim is vague and hollow and just repeated from anti vaxx cranks.
    Who knows what the long term effects are?
    What long term effects are you concerned about specifically?

Again, same as above.
    They didn’t do proper trials.
    This is an outright lie.
    I’d rather just get the disease - my chance of dying is 1 in 10,000 and that’s using the US figures where most of the victims are clinically obese. I’ll take those odds. Cheers.
    And also, not actually true.

Could you also tell us what the chances of dying are from taking the vaccine?
    Could you also tell us what the long term effects of covid infection are other than death?

Could you also perhaps explain which measure you believe are going to be permanent?
    I suspect you are going to dodge and run away from these questions.

GT89 wrote: »
    I never said it won't produce herd immunity but with a vaccine I don't think herd immunity is nessecary. Take the vaccine you not going to get sick from covid so it makes no difference to you if the next person is not vaccinated. It is not someone elses concern if you are not vaccinated.
    Lol. That's not how it works.
    Again, you're showing your ignorance on the matter.
    Look people are entitled to think that and tbh I could not really give a fcuk what others think of me once I am happy that's all that matters to me.
    Yup. That's pretty apparent.

At least you're being honest about your motivations and the ignorance behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

They are not vaccines. Before covid 19 not one single mRNA “vaccine” or therapy was ever approved for use in humans. Not a single one in history. So calling them a vaccine like the ones we give to infants is pure marketing baloney to make them more acceptable to the public. Let that sink in.

One more point they didn’t do proper trials because if they did they wouldn’t require emergency use authorisation from the regulators. Like duh.

They are not vaccines. Before covid 19 not one single mRNA “vaccine” or therapy was ever approved for use in humans. Not a single one in history. So calling them a vaccine like the ones we give to infants is pure marketing baloney to make them more acceptable to the public. Let that sink in.
    Lol Nonsense. They are vaccines.
    One more point they didn’t do proper trials because if they did they wouldn’t require emergency use authorisation from the regulators. Like duh.
    Ok. If that's the case, answer my question please.

If you can't answer it, you could just admit you can't.
    Dodging like this just makes you look dishonest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

King Mob wrote: »
    Then why not just say that? Why dodge?
    And, yes, this is a discussion site. Questions are part of a discussion. If you don't want to answer questions, then maybe you should start a youtube channel where you can rant into a camera.

Questions can be part of the discussion I agree. Even I try to answer your questions you will accuse me of dodging them. Maybe if I am very good at dodging awkward questions I should become a politician. Maybe I already have a YouTube channel where I rant into a camera how do you know?

Even if I answer the questions you will still probably still accuse me of dodging them either way as it's clear you've nailed your colours to the mast and you aren't going to change your mind and that's not having a dig.
    Poor baby.
    Over 2 million people have died.

People die every day but our lives aren't put on hold. Actually if I was in Florida right now I could do most of the things I want to do so I don't why it should be different in Ireland tbh.

I’ve said my piece. You’re a disingenuous poster and not worth engaging with. I do not and will not consent to the mRNA “vaccine.” And I am not alone.

Questions can be part of the discussion I agree. Even I try to answer your questions you will accuse me of dodging them.
    No, you don't try to answer questions.
    You will make half assed attempts to answer some questions, but ignore others completely. And when people explain why your half assed answers aren't actually addressing the point, you ignore that also.

For example you still have not actually addressed the question put to you.
    Why are you ignoring questions?
    aren't going to change your mind and that's not having a dig.
    No. You and your conspiracy theory pals lying and dodging difficult questions isn't very convincing to me.
    People die every day but our lives aren't put on hold.
    Ah sure, it's only a couple million people. As long as you can go to the pub...

I’ve said my piece.
    Yes, you've made claims you can't support and told a couple of lies.
    You’re a disingenuous poster and not worth engaging with.
    Lol, you're dodging questions because you can't answer them. You're now trying to throw a strop to avoid this reality.

It's very telling and it's kinda robbed you of any credibility.
    I do not and will not consent to the mRNA “vaccine.” And I am not alone.
    Cool. And you're doing this because you've been duped by bull**** on the internet. You're still doing it even though you know it's bull**** you can't defend from a bare level of questioning.

So yea. Good job. Stick it to the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

People die every day but our lives aren't put on hold. Actually if I was in Florida right now I could do most of the things I want to do so I don't why it should be different in Ireland tbh.

Couple of points...
    Florida's lowest day time temperature for the next week is 25 C (highest 28 C), so already better than our summer!
    Most places where people congregate will either be outdoors, or will have windows/doors open and be well ventilated, which should reduce transmission of the virus.
    Ireland still has a couple of months to go before we can consistently have windows & doors open, so it's not comparing like for like
    (look what happened in December when people let their guard down)

Next, their vaccinations have been going well, and next Monday they are moving down to over 60's, so much more vaccinations done than ourselves, so risk is less than Ireland today.

Also, their death rates are much higher than us,
    https://public.tableau.com/profile/dataviz8737#!/vizhome/shared/PCFDSDDNM
    so they're not out of the woods yet, and it will be another couple of months before we see if their decision to open up works out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Questions can be part of the discussion I agree. Even I try to answer your questions you will accuse me of dodging them. Maybe if I am very good at dodging awkward questions I should become a politician. Maybe I already have a YouTube channel where I rant into a camera how do you know?

Even if I answer the questions you will still probably still accuse me of dodging them either way as it's clear you've nailed your colours to the mast and you aren't going to change your mind and that's not having a dig.

You could also own a gun, get a drive through marriage, and visit Disney world....two totally different countries.

... I do not and will not consent to the mRNA “vaccine.” And I am not alone.

Not all the Covid vaccines are mRNA.

AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines use the same principle as the flu vaccine.
    see -> https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/explaining-johnson-johnson-astrazeneca-vaccines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

I’ve said my piece. You’re a disingenuous poster and not worth engaging with. I do not and will not consent to the mRNA “vaccine.” And I am not alone.

Are you going to get the Astrazenica one then? Or is a blanket no to all, under the not taking mRNA vaccine guise?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Are you qualified to make these statements or is it just something you found on Facebook?

https://images.app.goo.gl/2eCJCUnrHWU9sWa98

aido79 wrote: »
    Are you qualified to make these statements or is it just something you found on Facebook?

https://images.app.goo.gl/2eCJCUnrHWU9sWa98

Ah this old chestnut. Not qualified so not allowed an opinion. I fear for our society with yes men like you deriding and belittling the opinion of others. You’re just like king mob. Disrespectful, arrogant and nasty posters who are enemies to critical thinking. How dare anyone express an unapproved opinion. People like you will lead us back into totalitarianism and should be stopped and confronted at all costs.

The bit about mRNA never being approved for human therapy before the FDA gave emergency use authorisation for this batch is just a fact. Readily verifiable online.

I won’t take the vaccine because the benefits outweighs the risks (which are huge for a therapy that has been rushed out under emergency use authorisation) for someone my age.

Calling it a vaccine like the ones we give babies is rubbish they are licensed for human use for many decades. They never had to get emergency use authorisation.

arccosh wrote: »
    Are you going to get the Astrazenica one then? Or is a blanket no to all, under the not taking mRNA vaccine guise?

I won’t take anything that got emergency use authorisation nor will I take anything for a disease that is not dangerous for a fit young person. Furthermore I expect my decision to be respected and not to be coerced into it whether by people like you or by businesses who will refuse me entry if I don’t have their “passport”.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I won’t take anything that got emergency use authorisation nor will I take anything for a disease that is not dangerous for a fit young person. Furthermore I expect my decision to be respected and not to be coerced into it whether by people like you or by businesses who will refuse me entry if I don’t have their “passport”.

Which is fine as long as that fit young person adheres to government rules until all of those more at risk have been vaccinated. If they don't, they're just another piece of selfish faeces.

Ah this old chestnut. Not qualified so not allowed an opinion. I fear for our society with yes men like you deriding and belittling the opinion of others. You’re just like king mob. Disrespectful, arrogant and nasty posters who are enemies to critical thinking. How dare anyone express an unapproved opinion. People like you will lead us back into totalitarianism and should be stopped and confronted at all costs.

The bit about mRNA never being approved for human therapy before the FDA gave emergency use authorisation for this batch is just a fact. Readily verifiable online.

I won’t take the vaccine because the benefits outweighs the risks (which are huge for a therapy that has been rushed out under emergency use authorisation) for someone my age.

Calling it a vaccine like the ones we give babies is rubbish they are licensed for human use for many decades. They never had to get emergency use authorisation.

I think after all this time we've actually found a real life conspiracy theorist. Would you be willing to discuss the actual topic of the thread?

Your post is just like a copy and paste from any of the nonsensical unqualified posts that are all over certain Facebook groups full of antivaxers.
    Have you done any of your own to prove that the mRNA is not a vaccine?

Do you have any issues with the licenced vaccines as you call them? These weren't exactly welcomed by everyone either when they were first trialled.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/23/vaccine-scepticism-how-to-tackle-it

aido79 wrote: »
    I think after all this time we've actually found a real life conspiracy theorist. Would you be willing to discuss the actual topic of the thread?

Your post is just like a copy and paste from any of the nonsensical unqualified posts that are all over certain Facebook groups full of antivaxers.
    Have you done any of your own to prove that the mRNA is not a vaccine?

Do you have any issues with the licenced vaccines as you call them? These weren't exactly welcomed by everyone either when they were first trialled.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/23/vaccine-scepticism-how-to-tackle-it

It’s hardly a copy and paste it’s two sentences. Not taking a novel treatment when we don’t have long ranging clinical trial data. Not taking something that had to get emergency use authorisation from the FDA. Not particularly worried about COVID-19 as I know people who’ve had it and it was not a big deal. Think the whole thing is overblown and an example of mass hysteria like the Salem Witch Trials, Spanish Inquisition or the South Sea Bubble. By the way I’m not on Facebook and I don’t know anyone under 40 who is.

Which is fine as long as that fit young person adheres to government rules until all of those more at risk have been vaccinated. If they don't, they're just another piece of selfish faeces.

I’m not obeying rules that are clearly arbitrary and made up as they go along. Most people are ignoring the rules at this stage because it’s clearly a farce. Our elected representatives and our health service is a bad joke and we’ve known this a long time. Unintelligent people who are led by the hysterical media. HSE had been badly managed for decades and don’t trust their competence in this or anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I’m not obeying rules that are clearly arbitrary and made up as they go along. Most people are ignoring the rules at this stage because it’s clearly a farce. Our elected representatives and our health service is a bad joke and we’ve known this a long time. Unintelligent people who are led by the hysterical media. HSE had been badly managed for decades and don’t trust their competence in this or anything else.

Grand. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Jaysus, that has to be an antivax full house right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭harrylittle

King Mob wrote: »
    Lol Nonsense. They are vaccines.

Can you back up your statement
    what is the proof to verify your statement
    what is the source of that proof
    does the source of that proof come from an independent organisation not subject to big pharma

It’s hardly a copy and paste it’s two sentences. Not taking a novel treatment when we don’t have long ranging clinical trial data. Not taking something that had to get emergency use authorisation from the FDA. Not particularly worried about COVID-19 as I know people who’ve had it and it was not a big deal. Think the whole thing is overblown and an example of mass hysteria like the Salem Witch Trials, Spanish Inquisition or the South Sea Bubble. By the way I’m not on Facebook and I don’t know anyone under 40 who is.

Do you even understand what emergency use authorisation means? This might help
    https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/vaccines/emergency-use-authorization-vaccines-explained

So the whole thing is a conspiracy?

Would you like to discuss the topic of the thread yet?

Ah this old chestnut. Not qualified so not allowed an opinion. I fear for our society with yes men like you deriding and belittling the opinion of others. You’re just like king mob. Disrespectful, arrogant and nasty posters who are enemies to critical thinking.
    Lol I'm sorry you find asking simple questions and requests for evidence so objectionable.
    How dare anyone express an unapproved opinion. People like you will lead us back into totalitarianism and should be stopped and confronted at all costs.
    But it's not about "unapproved" opinion. It's about unsupported, ill informed opinions.
    What risks are you referring specifically?

does the source of that proof come from an independent organisation not subject to big pharma
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7744276/
    Since then, companies and research institutions have raced to develop SARS-CoV-2 vaccines, ranging from conventional viral and protein-based vaccines to those that are more cutting edge, including DNA- and mRNA-based vaccines

If you believe that this paper is unduly influenced by "Big Pharma" provide evidence for this.
    If you've no evidence for that, then you can't claim it's true because of vague insinuations.

If you believe that the mRNA vaccine is not a vaccine, please show that it is not a vaccine or perhaps show some other source that refers to it as something other than a vaccine.

Also, could you maybe go back and address some of the other points eariler in the thread you've ignored and run away from.
    But odd and a bit hypocritical for you to randomly butt back into the thread to demand proof of something so random and petty after running away like you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

vaccinate
    /ˈvaksɪneɪt/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    treat with a vaccine to produce immunity against a disease; inoculate.
    "all the children were vaccinated against tuberculosis"

vaccine
    /ˈvaksiːn,ˈvaksɪn/
    noun
    a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
    "there is no vaccine against the virus"

They are vaccines.

As I recall you believe in "Mark of the Beast" biblical prophecies, Satan and that Covid is part of some "plan" involving that stuff, so you asking people for evidence of something is a bit rich to say the least, not to mention bizarre.

"I believe in magic and prophecies, but demand substantiated evidence of medical science"

Not particularly worried about COVID-19 as I know people who’ve had it and it was not a big deal. Think the whole thing is overblown and an example of mass hysteria like the Salem Witch Trials, Spanish Inquisition or the South Sea Bubble.

So how many people do you think have died of Covid in Ireland?
    How many do you think would have died if we hadn't locked down?

Do you care about other people in the community, or just yourself?

• Advertisement

PintOfView wrote: »
    So how many people do you think have died of Covid in Ireland?
    How many do you think would have died if we hadn't locked down?

Do you care about other people in the community, or just yourself?

I'm guessing either a) estimates will be attacked in order to cast doubt on them or b) the "so what, people die, it doesn't matter, it's just a little flu" card will be played

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement