Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

As far as masks I do think they will be permanent in shops etc as what is the benifit of removing them?

What are you basing that on?
    Fully-vaccinated Americans can now gather indoors without masks, and a similar plan could follow for Ireland, said deputy chief medical officer Dr Ronan Glynn.

“We are looking at that and we will be considering it further in the context of the advice we give to Government going into the next easing, and what will hopefully be the next easing of measures,” he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    One death? out of 750,000 people vaccinated in Denmark? That's odd because according to conspiracy theorists on Bitchute and elsewhere people are dying left, right and center from vaccines

As I said - one death. Shame is, people with allergies have been told not to get the Pfeizer vaccine. Now the major alternative has been withdrawn - back to the best vaccine for me drawing board. I guess this is what happens when you have a global crisis and normal medical tests & checks get sped up. Guess its called a crisis for a reason. Wash your hands and stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

As I said - one death. Shame is, people with allergies have been told not to get the Pfeizer vaccine. Now the major alternative has been withdrawn - back to the best vaccine for me drawing board. I guess this is what happens when you have a global crisis and normal medical tests & checks get sped up. Guess its called a crisis for a reason. Wash your hands and stay at home.
    Just another reason for those who are able to get the vaccines to get vaccinated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

One death? out of 750,000 people vaccinated in Denmark? That's odd because according to conspiracy theorists on Bitchute and elsewhere people are dying left, right and center from vaccines

And according to the msm people are dying left, right and centre of covid

GT89 wrote: »

According to official figures they are dying due to covid, yes. You have no proof otherwise. Which is kinda the theme of this thread.

• Advertisement

Honest question why do people trust the msm?

Honest why do people trust the msm?

Again you're asking a question when you've done nothing but dodge.

Explain why you're doing thing first then maybe people will take the time to engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Over 2 million people have died due to Covid. That's based on estimates received from each country individually.

According to you, if that is incorrect, then how many have died due to Covid, give your estimate and methodology for that.

The above has been asked dozens of times in this and other threads, every time so far it's been dodged. No dodging, evading, provide your global estimate, with methodology

Money is on a dodge or a crank website for this answer

Mine's on: "I don't know, no one really knows I just know everyone but me is wrong."

There are thousands of media outlets of varying quality around the world. Asking if we trust them is like asking the question, "do you trust people?".

It's a nonsensical question, unless of course you believe that all media outlets are somehow controlled and directed to systematically tell regular lies, in which case, please do share the details..

I suspect, like many of the ideas you share here, you haven't given it much thought

• Advertisement

Over 2 million people have died due to Covid. That's based on estimates received from each country individually.

According to you, if that is incorrect, then how many have died due to Covid, give your estimate and methodology for that.

The above has been asked dozens of times in this and other threads, every time so far it's been dodged. No dodging, evading, provide your global estimate, with methodology

According to the msm 93% of covid deaths in Ireland had an underlying condition.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/over-93-of-people-who-died-with-covid-19-had-underlying-condition-cso-1.4402354

Even if you go by he official figures 2m out of 7bn is **** all in the grand scheme of things. It's time to move on and put the pandemic behind us. This disease is clearly not gonna wipe out humanity let's move on and get back to normal.

According to the msm 93% of covid deaths in Ireland had an underlying condition.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/over-93-of-people-who-died-with-covid-19-had-underlying-condition-cso-1.4402354

Even if you go by he official figures 2m out of 7bn is **** all in the grand scheme of things. It's time to move on and put the pandemic behind us. This disease is clearly not gonna wipe out humanity let's move on and get back to normal.

You dodged the questions.

Here they are again:

According to you, how many have died due to Covid, give your estimate and methodology for that.

It will always be a dodge or crank website. You obviously don't agree with my opinion so your going to disregard what I'm saying as bs. Honestly why do you bother engage with me if you think I just dodge your questions?

It will always be a dodge or crank website. You obviously don't agree with my opinion so your going to disregard what I'm saying as bs. Honestly why do you bother engage with me if you think I just dodge your questions?

Nothing to do with the above, you didn't address the questions.

You dodged the questions.

Here they are again:

According to you, how many have died due to Covid, give your estimate and methodology for that.

I don't know I don't have those figures to hand. In Ireland I would guess about 400 maybe. I don't look at the statistics anyway tbh.

Even if you go by the official death statistics. You have a 0.090388% chance of being dead from covid and globally if you go by the 2m figure for deaths you have a 0.033333% of being dead from covid that is not a pandemic.

I don't know I don't have those figures to hand. In Ireland I would guess about 400 maybe. I don't look at the statistics anyway tbh.

Thanks for addressing the question and actually being honest about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No one "thinks" you dodge questions, the evidence is there for all to see that you deliberately dodge questions.

. Honestly why do you bother engage with me if you think I just dodge your questions?
    Because when you dodge questions (and you do constantly) it shows that your position is dishonest and hollow. It shows you can't answer the questions and you are knowingly avoiding admitting that.

The fact you keep doing it and keep pretending you're not doing only serves to make you and other conspiracy theorists look ridiculous.

Why do you attempt to engage when you'll just avoid any difficult questions put to you?
    What exactly are you telling yourself when you avoid questions and points you know you can't address?
    Does the fact you have to this pretty much constantly not cause an inkling of doubt?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

As I said in a previous post it's not rocket science but some people like yourself just don't get it. There's more to consider than just the amount of people dying. The numbers that are hospitalised is actually worse in the grand scheme of things because it means less hospital beds and resources for people with non covid related illnesses and injuries but I assume you are too young and naive to even consider that.

Are you ready to answer some questions about the thread title yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Even if you go by the official death statistics. You have a 0.090388% chance of being dead from covid and globally if you go by the 2m figure for deaths you have a 0.033333% of being dead from covid that is not a pandemic.

I think you're missing one aspect of the statistics.
    When you say 0.03% chance of being dead from covid, you are assuming that everyone has had the virus, and then only so many have died.
    This is not correct.
    Only a small percentage of the country have had the virus, and we have 4,000+ dead.

Estimates of mortality rate were about 1%-2% last year, I'm not sure what they are now.
    However if 1% of people who got it died (and for over 85's it's more like 15%) then we would have 50,000 dead.
    And then there are other complications for some people who get it and don't die.

Are you happy to see that many sacrificed for the rest of us (assuming we're not among the fallen)?
    Or would you consider putting up with some restrictions until most people have been vaccinated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Firstly, I don't blindly trust everything I read in any media.

As regards what you call the msm, why would I not trust what I see across the various media outlets?
    If one gets it wrong, all the others are unlikely to do so.
    If a story is reported across the majority of media then it's credibility has to be higher, these are professional journalists whose job it is to investigate and analyse stories.

Do you not trust the msm?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

PintOfView wrote: »
    Firstly, I don't blindly trust everything I read in any media.

As regards what you call the msm, why would I not trust what I see across the various media outlets?
    If one gets it wrong, all the others are unlikely to do so.
    If a story is reported across the majority of media then it's credibility has to be higher, these are professional journalists whose job it is to investigate and analyse stories.

Do you not trust the msm?

I think it's the part where they investigate and analyse that he has a problem with.

Think about this,

The thread title is "All Covid measures are permanent"

We are now on day 153 of this thread and not one person has been able to explain how even one measure (masks) will be "permanent".

No explanation as to how mask wearing will be enforced permanently nor why it would be enforced permanently.

If they can't explain why one measure will be here forever then why would we believe them when they say most/all will be here forever?

It's been fun watching them tie themselves up in knots (again) though :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Think about this,

The thread title is "All Covid measures are permanent"

We are now on day 153 of this thread and not one person has been able to explain how even one measure (masks) will be "permanent".

No explanation as to how mask wearing will be enforced permanently nor why it would be enforced permanently.

If they can't explain why one measure will be here forever then why would we believe them when they say most/all will be here forever?

It's been fun watching them tie themselves up in knots (again) though :D

Until the day these measures are lifted the title of the thread is correct.

sabat wrote: »

But they are being slowly lifted so the thread title is incorrect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

permanent
    /ˈpəːm(ə)nənt/
    adjective
    lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely.

Edit: and if you were unsure about what the reference to boiling frogs is intended to mean:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

So the thread title is not correct as none of the measures will be permenant.

Ok, thanks for confirming that the title/thread was proved wrong 4 days ago, when mask restrictions were lifted.

I guess we can all go home now. Hope I still own mine!

PintOfView wrote: »
    I think you're missing one aspect of the statistics.
    When you say 0.03% chance of being dead from covid, you are assuming that everyone has had the virus, and then only so many have died.
    This is not correct.
    Only a small percentage of the country have had the virus, and we have 4,000+ dead.

Estimates of mortality rate were about 1%-2% last year, I'm not sure what they are now.
    However if 1% of people who got it died (and for over 85's it's more like 15%) then we would have 50,000 dead.
    And then there are other complications for some people who get it and don't die.

Are you happy to see that many sacrificed for the rest of us (assuming we're not among the fallen)?
    Or would you consider putting up with some restrictions until most people have been vaccinated?

I suspect more people have had the virus the virus than the official figures state considering not everyone who has gotten the virus has been tested. But I take your point.

I'm willing to make that sacrifice as if people dont want to get covid then they can just stay at home and let the rest of us live. Even when the restrictions were eased some decided to stay at home and it seemed to work fine. Personally I'm willing to take the chance and if I catch covid that's on me.

• Advertisement

Personally I'm willing to take the chance and if I catch covid that's on me.

Like you'd refuse hospital care if required? Because it doesn't work otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement