Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Where did you order from? Chocolate sled sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Direct from Cadburys

Cadbury Dairy Milk Vintage Bar 850g
    1 £10.00 £10.00
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Christmas Cottage Kit
    1 £16.00 £16.00
    Cadbury Santa's Sleigh Kit
    1 £10.00 £10.00
    Cadbury Christmas Chocolate Magic Basket
    1 £50.00 £50.00
    Bournville Chocolate Selection Box 400g
    1 £5.95 £5.95

And I got a wicker box with roses (yuck), jellies, Fred frog things, santas, heros etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

pwurple wrote: »
    Where did you order from? Chocolate sled sounds great!

https://www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Has anyone seen candy canes in the shops yet? I usually buy a couple as stocking fillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Has anyone seen candy canes in the shops yet? I usually buy a couple as stocking fillers.

Saw some in deals during the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Went to M&S this morning disappointed I thought they would have had loads of Christmas stuff

I picked up 4 boxes of their chocolates for Christmas I will store them in my mams
    I know my OH will want to open them and I’ll crack too

Got a cheesecake for today salted caramel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

DvB wrote: »
    Still managed to leave the 5 i bought a few weeks back untouched. Truth be told had packed them away in.the attic store and forgot about them, had we left them in the kitchen cupboard like we normally would I suspect they'd require replenishing by now... now to try and forget about them again til December!

Crazy! Already been on sale for e4.00 each and will reduce again.Talk about madness of choclate fiends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭beachhead

Same offer in Tesco too

Same offer in Lidl and full stock but e4.99 for 1 not e10 for 2.

SarahLil wrote: »
    Went to M&S this morning disappointed I thought they would have had loads of Christmas stuff

I picked up 4 boxes of their chocolates for Christmas I will store them in my mams

M&S have their Xmas stuff online

https://christmasfood.marksandspencer.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

M&S have their Xmas stuff online

https://christmasfood.marksandspencer.ie

All that M&S food looks delicious but the prices are not so sweet:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

PaulT21 wrote: »
    All that M&S food looks delicious but the prices are not so sweet:rolleyes:

While the other supermarkets have been getting better T their festive and 'luxury' ranges id expect them to step up more this year. For the **** year it has been and will people not being able to dine out etc, peolle I think will want to splash out on fancy home catering.

Dunnes, Aldi and Lidl will all have a fancy range out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

I was very tempted to go all out and order stuff from M&S for Christmas this year but with just the two of us I can't really justify it. Everything is for 6/8 people plus the lack of delivery/having to collect it would put me off. That chocolate cake really is calling my name though!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

They didn’t have Chocolate stocking fillers in M&S today or Chocolate Santa’s

Looking forward to all the other shops upping their game at all the at home food considering the current climate

• Registered Users Posts: 2 YankeeDoodle88

SarahLil wrote: »

M&S seem to have a lot less Christmas food this year, if their online offering is anything to go by! Maybe supplier issues given everything that is happening atm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

M&S seem to have a lot less Christmas food this year, if their online offering is anything to go by! Maybe supplier issues given everything that is happening atm.

There’s no supplier issues with food at all.

Clothes is an issue afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’d question would they be afraid with lots of stock if people pre ordered it and they put some strange restrictions in place which may make it awkward for people to collect it.

I looked at the M&S website there. I think the reason why there is a lot less stuff on it this year is because they've no real party food on it. I suppose in there eyes people won't be having parties this year.

Of course they've every one on offer apart for my one!

Of course they've every one on offer apart for my one!

The red? They're also out of stock of the orange :(

• Advertisement

The red? They're also out of stock of the orange :(

box-lindt-lindor-chocolate-truffles-chocoladefabriken-lindt-pomorie-bulgaria-january-box-lindt-lindor-chocolate-truffles-107395122.jpg

box-lindt-lindor-chocolate-truffles-chocoladefabriken-lindt-pomorie-bulgaria-january-box-lindt-lindor-chocolate-truffles-107395122.jpg

Oooh I've never come across those before, what flavour are they?

Oooh I've never come across those before, what flavour are they?

Easiest way to describe them is like in Kinder chocolate. I love very sweet and milky chocolate. They are very hard to get in general. They can be in there Advent called and I got a box of them in the new version of Heatons last year.

Easiest way to describe them is like in Kinder chocolate. I love very sweet and milky chocolate. They are very hard to get in general. They can be in there Advent called and I got a box of them in the new version of Heatons last year.

I love kinder chocolate :) I'll get my OH to keep an eye out for them when he's out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Perfect timing on the lindor find, had an amazon order ready to go so just ordered 2 boxes of the extra dark & 2 of the coconut ones there (find them both hard to get and by far my two favourite flavours) herself likes the standard red ones so can pick up a large box or 2 of them in Dunnes handily enough. Are they that much cheaper here though?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Perfect timing on the lindor find, had an amazon order ready to go so just ordered 2 boxes of the extra dark & 2 of the coconut ones there (find them both hard to get and by far my two favourite flavours) herself likes the standard red ones so can pick up a large box or 2 of them in Dunnes handily enough. Are they that much cheaper here though?

I think the 200g box is usually in or around 6euro, and the bigger one is about 10euro? I'm on Tesco for my grocery shop and saw this :)
    https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268370997

And these....

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=306948067

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=306933614

I found this, it's an assorted box but looks like it includes the milk and white :)

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=293378860

• Registered Users Posts: 10,152 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I think the 200g box is usually in or around 6euro, and the bigger one is about 10euro?

Ah crap. Just copped the 200g are the little ones, so ordering the cocunut ones for £5 werent really a saving at all. Still, they're hard to get so dont mind really.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They have the 200g of Lindor for €5.90 in Supervalu.

They definitely have the blue/white ones, because I seen them on the shelf and remembered FP had mentioned them here before!

• Advertisement

The 200g smaller boxes are about a fiver in Dunnes no?..£3.50 still cheaper than that....

Advertisement