Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Orange Twirls?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Orange Twirls?!?!?

Saw them advertised on twitter yesterday. If I see them anywhere I must pick one up. Love orange chocolate.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

With a cup of tea....drool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

They were out last year and Dunnes definitely had them. They are DELICIOUS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

Orange Twirls?!?!?

Got one in dunnes yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Orange Twirls?!?!?

Orange Chocolate is amazingggggg I deffo need to stock up on the twirls!

Went to Dunnes tonight, couldn't see the orange twirls anywhere....as I'm leaving the store empty handed see a separate stand at the till lol

Oh the small boxes of Lindt are €6.60 there at the moment so £3.85 on Amazon is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I tried the orange twirls today, and I liked them. Will have to get some more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

https://www.lindt.co.uk/lindt-lindor-assorted-tin-400g
    Lindt LINDOR Assorted Tin 400g £10.00 was £15.00

Reduced to 10 Pounds now...

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ozmo wrote: »
    https://www.lindt.co.uk/lindt-lindor-assorted-tin-400g
    Lindt LINDOR Assorted Tin 400g £10.00 was £15.00

Reduced to 10 Pounds now...

Which means they would prob drop it to €15 over here. Still not worth it IMO. If it hits €10 I'll buy it, purely for the tin.

• Advertisement

One for Loughc here methinks, him being fond of a yule log as such!

https://food-to-order.sainsburys.co.uk/product/8031611/js-festive-yule-dog-630g
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    One for Loughc here methinks, him being fond of a yule log as such!

https://food-to-order.sainsburys.co.uk/product/8031611/js-festive-yule-dog-630g

Is there a Sainsburys in the Republic? :pac:

Looks amazing tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Loughc wrote: »
    Orange Chocolate is amazingggggg I deffo need to stock up on the twirls!

Have you had the orange buttons yet?

messrs wrote: »
    Have you had the orange buttons yet?

Had them? I devoured many packets of them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Autosport wrote: »
    SuperValu have The tubs of Roses, Quality street, Hereos and Celebrations 2 for €10

Ah thanks. I will add that to my next email shopping list. Although the Community Association here does give us oldies a tub they are not to be relied on and HEY! An extra tub will not to go to waste..( As I am sure everyone understands! )

I made holes in the base of one and planted hyacinths therein to flower at Christmas..

The Lindt balls I ordered Tursday night on Amazon (£3.50 a box) just arrived as the An Posy guy was early today.

The Lindt balls I ordered Tursday night on Amazon (£3.50 a box) just arrived as the An Posy guy was early today.

Posy is your postman!!!;)

Lucky you with the prompt delivery, here in D15 our post seems to take an absolute age, or goes missing. Have had huge trouble this year with post simply not turning up, happens every month without fail.

I've been saying for years Posy never fails to delver....

She gets my stamp of approval!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    I've been saying for years Posy never fails to delver....

She gets my stamp of approval!

:pac:

Is Pat her real name ?!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Lucky you with the prompt delivery, here in D15 our post seems to take an absolute age, or goes missing. Have had huge trouble this year with post simply not turning up, happens every month without fail.

I spoke to the delivery office and they said my regular postman was off long-term sick so they were relying on anyone and everyone to fill the role. Think he's back now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I am some gifts to order from Amazon I might had to Lindt balls to it

Anyone seen after eights in the shops? I love them after Christmas dinner or dessert :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

SarahLil wrote: »
    Anyone seen after eights in the shops? I love them after Christmas dinner or dessert :)

Now this is something I can get onboard with. Dark chocolate and mint....mmmmmmmmm

After eights is the current treat of choice in our house at the moment :D we usually only have them in the house at Christmas time so it's a great pick-me-up

TRS30 wrote: »
    Now this is something I can get onboard with. Dark chocolate and mint....mmmmmmmmm

They're everywhere all year round I think?

Definitely saw them in Dunnes the other night when I was looking for the orange twirls.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

SarahLil wrote: »
    I am some gifts to order from Amazon I might had to Lindt balls to it

€4 in Tesco

I've had 'posy pat, posy pat, posy pat and her black and white cat...' stuck in my head all day! Thanks guys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I actually did have a black and white cat. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »
    I actually did have a black and white cat. :D

I currently have a Black & White cat called Jess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

After Eights are to be eaten from the freezer....absolutly delishhh. Roses are schitt, they rip you off with the depression in the bottom of the tin.

Any recommendations for tinned sweets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Out here on the island post comes three times a week, weather allowing, on an open curragh with one of the ferrymen. …..He also is the volunteer for here to bring eg prescriptions to cocooners. It has been chaos this week as he has been away. I had to send out a "search party" for my meds yesterday.

Advertisement