Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So, you therefore must believe that Tony Bobulinski lied to the FBI then and Joe did not meet with him concerning his son's overseas business dealings? As, if the story is "fake" - as you claim - then you have to believe that, in which case Bobulinski will be charged with lying to the FBI. Guess time will tell.

Any chance you could tell us why you think Bobulinski would lie to the FBI like that and risk prison?

Oh and there is a reason Trump condemns Fox News all the time by the way, and that's because many on that network are often just as bad as CNN/MSNBC when it comes to reporting fake news. Wallace, Cavuto etc are as bad as any lefty talking head on those networks. Tucker is still reporting on the story though:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-hunter-biden-scandal-media-collusion-powerful

Indeed, Tucker spoke about the liberal media ignoring the story on last night's show:

Oh and, even if Bobulinski is lying, it's STILL something mainstream liberal media should have reported on as it shows that Joe Biden, who is running for President let's not forget, may very have been telling porkies to the American people when he said he that had NEVER spoken to Hunter about his overseas business dealings. A tad important given that he volunteered this information by way of trying to kill the notion that he may have had a personal reason for saying "Great" when the Ukraine President told him that they would get rid of their top prosecutor despite them feeling he had done no wrong and had their support.

But, nothing to see here folks .... tis all Russian Disinformation.

No

He is not reporting, he isn't a reporter. He is commenting, he is giving his opinion bet he isn't reporting. His own networks lawyers have already stated "his audience doesn't expect him to report facts".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lawyers say a lot of things when extortionists sue them looking for yet another pay day.

Tucker is fond of hyperbole for sure but you'll find more truth in just one of his shows than you would watching CNN/MSNBC for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The above is all just an attempt at swerving the question I put to you.

You claimed the story was "fake" and so explain how exactly Tony Bobulinski coming forward, giving a statement to the FBI, and giving them documents and three mobile phones that back up his claims, is a "fake" story.

Merely saying it's karma just screams backtracking from you and so either back up your claim that the story is "fake" or withdraw it.

It's as fake as a big fake thing, how do we know? They had the "evidence" and won't release it, the whole thing is built on innuendo and stupidity (dog ate my documents), to even engage with it implies that its a coherent story, which it isn't, and anyone who still believes any of it must be particularly stupid, and falling for one of the most stupid attempt at propaganda in an American election.

To paraphrase the great John Cleese:

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This story is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-STORY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Lawyers say a lot of things when extortionists sue them looking for yet another pay day.

Tucker is fond of hyperbole for sure but you'll find more truth in just one of his shows than you would watching CNN/MSNBC for a year.

Absolute tosh, Carlson is the Fox news version of Alex Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    It's as fake as a big fake thing, how do we know? They had the "evidence" and won't release it, the whole thing is built on innuendo and stupidity (dog ate my documents), to even engage with it implies that its a coherent story, which it isn't, and anyone who still believes any of it must be particularly stupid, and falling for one of the most stupid attempt at propaganda in an American election.

Merely repeating that it is fake does not make it fake. Tony Bobulinski has maintains that he met with Joe Biden regarding his son's overseas business dealings and that alone is a big story given that it makes a liar of Joe Biden and suggests that he may very well have had something to hide with regards to his time as point man on Ukraine matters.

Again, if an ex-business partner of Trump Jnr came along and said he met with Donald and that meant that Donald had lied to the American people on a serious issue, you can be full sure the liberal mainstream media would be running it nightly, along with their reporters shouting questions at him about it every time he appeared in public.

Tis Joe though ... so let's ride out the clock and put our thumb on the scales and not give any oxygen to this story just in case it negatively impacted his chances on Nov 3rd. I believe that is what you call a corrupted media.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Merely repeating that it is fake does not make it fake. Tony Bobulinski has maintained that he met with Joe Biden regarding his son's overseas business dealings and that alone is a big story given that it makes a liar of Joe Biden and suggests that he may very well have had something to hide with regards to his time as point man on Ukraine matters.

Again, if an ex-business partner of Trump Jnr came along and said he met with Donald and that meant that he had lied to the American people on a serious issue, you can be full sure the liberal mainstream media would be running it nightly, along with their reporters shouting questions at him about it every time he appeared in public.

Tis Joe though ... so let's ride out the clock and put our thumb on the scales and not give any oxygen to this story just in case it negatively impacted his chances on Nov 3rd. I believe that is what you call corrupt.

Yes, let's agree that it's fake and move on with non fake things.

So you've got nothing to back up your claim then. Thought not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

Who are you quoting there?

Trump

Guess Sleepy Joe must have ...,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fallen asleep :pac:

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1322611396392210432

• Advertisement

The story did not "collapse" - it's just been successfully kept off the front pages and from leading the nightly mainstream news reports.

Can you really not get that? This is why it's so dishonourable what they are doing, as it shows that the mainstream liberal media have not just the ability to control the narrative and keep stories of importance from the people, but more worryingly, that they have the desire and willingness to do it.

Nah. It was nothing. Even tucker running away from it now.

Sure they could have it 24/7 on Fox if they wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I read ...

New York Times.
    Washington Post.
    Washington Examiner.
    Washington Times.
    Just The News.
    The Hill
    WSJ

... and many others from either side of the aisle and then I do a little research to fact check them.

That's why I am always right on everything. I don't let outlets think for me. I advise others to do similarly.

Lol
    How did you miss the fiasco of a Presidency Trump has had which led you to state victory on Tuesday for him has never been in doubt?

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Did Mexico pay for it yet or what?

A good tip is to see if Trump said it. If he did then its probably not true.

So chances are no they didn't as Trump promised they would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

The hunter Biden expose is very obviously an ploy by Trump to influence the election. I've felt this from the moment the news broke.

HOWEVER

It doesn't really matter what the motives are behind it. If there is any truth to the allegations, then news media should be shining a light on it. All news media... that's their job.

Ignoring a story where there is an active DOJ and FBI investigation into the son of someone hoping to become the next president, is terrible unethical journalism. Period.

It's rotten luck for the Bidens and skillful political warfare from the Trump administration. Just like with twitter blocking the story, the leftist media are actually making it even worse for Biden by deliberately ignoring it.

They might as well be holding up a big neon flashing sign reading: "WE SUPPORT BIG GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION WHEN IT'S OUR GUYS! VOTE DEMOCRAT!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Merely repeating that it is fake does not make it fake. Tony Bobulinski has maintains that he met with Joe Biden regarding his son's overseas business dealings and that alone is a big story given that it makes a liar of Joe Biden and suggests that he may very well have had something to hide with regards to his time as point man on Ukraine matters.

Again, if an ex-business partner of Trump Jnr came along and said he met with Donald and that meant that Donald had lied to the American people on a serious issue, you can be full sure the liberal mainstream media would be running it nightly, along with their reporters shouting questions at him about it every time he appeared in public.

Tis Joe though ... so let's ride out the clock and put our thumb on the scales and not give any oxygen to this story just in case it negatively impacted his chances on Nov 3rd. I believe that is what you call a corrupted media.
    It's funny how you're so quick to believe this guy's version of events without question. However when an ex-business partner of Trump testifies in front of Congress, well he's full of sh!t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyKq

vojiwox wrote: »
    A good tip is to see if Trump said it. If he did then its probably not true.

So chances are no they didn't as Trump promised they would.

The Mexican Peso devalued substantially since Trump ran for President in the 2016 election. CRH were to be the beneficiaries of this famous No wall.

The hunter Biden expose is very obviously an ploy by Trump to influence the election. I've felt this from the moment the news broke.

HOWEVER

It doesn't really matter what the motives are behind it. If there is any truth to the allegations, then news media should be shining a light on it. All news media... that's their job.

Ignoring a story where there is an active DOJ and FBI investigation into the son of someone hoping to become the next president, is terrible unethical journalism. Period.

It's rotten luck for the Bidens and skillful political warfare from the Trump administration. Just like with twitter blocking the story, the leftist media are actually making it even worse for Biden by deliberately ignoring it.

They might as well be holding up a big neon flashing sign reading: "WE SUPPORT BIG GOVERNMENT CORRUPTION WHEN IT'S OUR GUYS! VOTE DEMOCRAT!" :P

Did you miss the changing story? The main character being shown in a movie with his hand down his pants? Or the most influential media personality to try to highlight it having to look a high school student who hadn't their homework done?

This has been a lot of things, it's a million miles from being 'skillful political warfare'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

HOWEVER

It hasn't been ignored. It's been treated with the respect it deserves - none.

There is a credibility deficiency with everyone associated with Trump. When Rudy shows up with a 'story', no one is ever taking it seriously.

How do watch Fox and cnn and all that rubbish? I'll never understand that. 24 news is just junk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's funny how you're so quick to believe this guy's version of events without question. However when an ex-business partner of Trump testifies in front of Congress, well he's full of sh!t
    Or all the former members of the administration who've spoken out against Trump

Every one of them lying just because

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,548 ✭✭✭✭briany

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Or all the former members of the administration who've spoken out against Trump

Every one of them lying just because

Has there ever been a sitting president where so many of his own party and former members of his administration have shown up to speak out against him?

But we know what Trump diehards will say about this. They'll say that Trump has the establishment/deep state so rattled that they're willing to put political affiliation aside to unite in a bid to take him down #draintheswamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So, you therefore must believe that Tony Bobulinski lied to the FBI then and Joe did not meet with him concerning his son's overseas business dealings? As, if the story is "fake" - as you claim - then you have to believe that, in which case Bobulinski will be charged with lying to the FBI. Guess time will tell.

Any chance you could tell us why you think Bobulinski would lie to the FBI like that and risk prison?

Oh and there is a reason Trump condemns Fox News all the time by the way, and that's because many on that network are often just as bad as CNN/MSNBC when it comes to reporting fake news. Wallace, Cavuto etc are as bad as any lefty talking head on those networks. Tucker is still reporting on the story though:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-hunter-biden-scandal-media-collusion-powerful

Indeed, Tucker spoke about the liberal media ignoring the story on last night's show:

Oh and, even if Bobulinski is lying, it's STILL something mainstream liberal media should have reported on as it shows that Joe Biden, who is running for President let's not forget, may very have been telling porkies to the American people when he said he that had NEVER spoken to Hunter about his overseas business dealings. A tad important given that he volunteered this information by way of trying to kill the notion that he may have had a personal reason for saying "Great" when the Ukraine President told him that they would get rid of their top prosecutor despite them feeling he had done no wrong and had their support.

But, nothing to see here folks .... tis all Russian Disinformation.

“ Tucker Carlson, Partisan Opinion Host, Rages at Reporters For Doing Their Job on Hunter Biden Story”

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-partisan-opinion-host-rages-at-reporters-for-doing-their-job-on-hunter-biden-story/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ive thirty euro on Trump to win since the end of july , i fully expect to loose

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GhostRanger

Mad_maxx wrote: »

You never know I put 100 euro on him to win the last election and I was fairly pleased with how much I got. If you don't mind me asking what odds did you get I got 9/4 last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You never know I put 100 euro on him to win the last election and I was fairly pleased with how much I got.

€50 here and he paid for our holidays that year.

Cheers Donald.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    You never know I put 100 euro on him to win the last election and I was fairly pleased with how much I got. If you don't mind me asking what odds did you get I got 9/4 last time.
    €50 here and he paid for our holidays that year.

Cheers Donald.

€30 here, €50 there? I thought he's a dead cert lads?
    This could buy a new car, take a chunk of the mortgage, set up a nice rainy day fund if ye just have faith in what his fans are saying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The phrase 'Sleepy Joe' is not to be used in the Trump vs Biden thread, and is (perhaps unsurprisingly) not to be used in this thread either

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115115645&postcount=7156

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Joe (who is tired all the time) has picked up his game in the last few days.

I still think Trump will win comfortably. The polls will continue to close in to regain some credibility and plausible deniability in the days ahead. I agree with Guiliani that when Joe (who is tired all the time) loses, it will cause the democrats to have to reform and get back to being a decent party again.

Joe (who is tired all the time) has picked up his game in the last few days.

I still think Trump will win comfortably. The polls will continue to close in to regain some credibility and plausible deniability in the days ahead. I agree with Guiliani that when Joe (who is tired all the time) loses, it will cause the democrats to have to reform and get back to being a decent party again.

Most Indicted Administrations
    Trump - 215 indictments
    Nixon - 76 indictments
    Reagan - 26 indictments

Least Indicted Administrations
    Obama - 0
    Carter - 1
    Clinton - 2

Notice a pattern? 3 most indicted administrations, all Republican, 3 least indicted administrations, all Democrat.

But sure, the Republicans are a party of Law and Order and the Democrats need to get back to being a decent party again.
    Some times I think you guys don't even read the posts you actually make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

€30 here, €50 there? I thought he's a dead cert lads?
    This could buy a new car, take a chunk of the mortgage, set up a nice rainy day fund if ye just have faith in what his fans are saying.

???

What?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement