Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

astrofool wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious that you managed to prove your own point with your own video on this thread, not realising that it was an out of context video and had to have it shown to you, you literally took the bait, hook line and sinker, I'm kind of proud of that, as it looked like it wasn't going to happen at first.

Hopefully this will force some critical thinking and realisation that Trump is in far more of a decline than Biden is.

My betting is that it will be ignored, and we'll see more out of context/doctored videos as the hole being dug gets deeper.

How a rational human being can think Trump is more fit for president (irregardless of policies) either mentally or physically, boggles the mind.

I took the bait? If you are able to read, you'll see I never took any bait, I asked for help.

I asked for help spotting how a video could be doctored and a poster pointed it out to me....I haven't suggested that I don't believe that videos can be doctored...I'd imagine it is rampant...both sides are at it.

I witnessed a video edited and circulated by media back in June, when Trump was accused of saying that George Floyd would be looking down and saying this is a great thing for our country - regarding the better than expected jobs figures....

This was the headline in The Guardian but I saw this happening real time at least 12 media organisations published the edited video.

Revolting - Trump condemned for saying George Floyd is praising the US economy

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/trump-george-floyd-comments-economy-unemployment

The video that was circulated in Irish media was edited as well and reported the same way...he did not mention George Floyd whilst speaking about job figures at all they edited the video to make it look like he did.

I don't know why you think I've been found out or some such...I have repeatedly suggested on this website that no media outlet can be trusted, absolutely none.

I have posted a tiny few videos of thousands of Supporters at Trump rallies all over the country, I'd love you to point out one that is doctored...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭neutral guy

I am not think
    I Hope Tramp will win !
    He put America first as nobody ever before !
    Our politicians must learn from Tramp !

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

cant wait for Biden to get the mic in the debates , like giving a loaded shotgun to a 3 year old
    who can forget this classic ..

the first thing I will do when elected President is defeat Donald TRump

https://twitter.com/i/status/1144443650765668353

jeez that clip reminds me of what a basket of deplorables the Democratic candidates were. Maybe Joe was the pick of the bunch but it wasnt a high bar to clear...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,089 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

RIGOLO wrote: »
    cant wait for Biden to get the mic in the debates , like giving a loaded shotgun to a 3 year old
    who can forget this classic ..

Covfefe!

Speaking of classics, how's the old Economy doing? Lines at food banks, needs for 'rent holidays', 'eviction delays' and 'direct support,' highest unemployment rate in history, most unemployed in history, record lows of GDP growth.... Even worse than what Hank Paulson had to fix for the last tGOP president at the end of 2008!

Igotadose wrote: »
    Covfefe!

Speaking of classics, how's the old Economy doing? Lines at food banks, needs for 'rent holidays', 'eviction delays' and 'direct support,' highest unemployment rate in history, most unemployed in history, record lows of GDP growth.... Even worse than what Hank Paulson had to fix for the last tGOP president at the end of 2008!

Unemployment varies across the States...

https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Guess what States the top ten worst unemployment rates have in common?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

Haven't been following this too closely but from the latest I heard it looks like Donald J T Rump is hell bent on being President for life !!

Igotadose wrote: »
    Covfefe!

Yep theres a global pandemic , the record Economy that Trump administration created has taken a hit .

Voters will decide if they are going to vote back in the guy who created the best economy in US history.

Or will they vote in the near 80 year old ex-VP of the administration who managed to add 9 trillion to the national debt of a 15 trillion economy , at a time or record low interest rates and still failed to beat 2% GDP .

History has been written on who created the greatest economy in US history, Trump administration locked that down .

Maybe Biden will get his son to be Treasury Secretary, he seems very good at extracting vast sums of money from people for doing nothing.
    Intersting how the main stream news are managing to avoid reporting on the Senate Homeland Security Finance Commitee investigation into Hunter Biden and Burisma.
    I wonder what he had to do to get the ex-wife of the Moscow mayor to send him over $3million bucks.

boardise wrote: »
    Haven't been following this too closely but from the latest I heard it looks like Donald J T Rump is hell bent on being President for life !!

you got that part right ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Even though the polls say Biden will win, I have a fear of his hopes when face to face with the pitbull that is trump - a man who lives for confrontation

boardise wrote: »

The Journal?

Today's offerings

https://www.thejournal.ie/trump-refuses-peaceful-transfer-power-5213443-Sep2020/

https://www.thejournal.ie/trump-heckled-rbg-5214095-Sep2020/

You know when you disagree with about 90% of comments on The Journal...you probably not too far wrong!!!

• Advertisement

For the 8th time in September the Biden campaign has called 'a lid' , which means no media appearances . Nada.. back to bed for Joe its 9AM.. I think he will struggle to stay awake for the debate.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517987-trump-says-biden-wants-to-rest-on-day-dedicated-to-debate-prep
    40 days left but sleepy Joe cant hack the pace whilst TRump is out there near 24x7 wether its on the road or in the WH .

All reminds me of when Hilary was hiding from the media and public, and her supporters said she is fine, then she collapses in public and we all can see she wasnt physically up to the job.

The selection of Joe Biden and Kamalla, its almost as if the democrats want Trump to win. Biden wont last four years , barely goign to last the next 40 days, and few people in America want to vote for Kamalla Harris as President, which is effectively what a biden vote is at this point.

Sleepy Joe, go retire, Hunter knows where the money is buried , you will be fine on your bike .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,453 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

RIGOLO wrote: »
    For the 8th time in September the Biden campaign has called 'a lid' , which means no media appearances . Nada.. back to bed for Joe its 9AM.. I think he will struggle to stay awake for the debate.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517987-trump-says-biden-wants-to-rest-on-day-dedicated-to-debate-prep
    40 days left but sleepy Joe cant hack the pace whilst TRump is out there near 24x7 wether its on the road or in the WH .

All reminds me of when Hilary was hiding from the media and public, and her supporters said she is fine, then she collapses in public and we all can see she wasnt physically up to the job.

The selection of Joe Biden and Kamalla, its almost as if the democrats want Trump to win. Biden wont last four years , barely goign to last the next 40 days, and few people in America want to vote for Kamalla Harris as President, which is effectively what a biden vote is at this point.

Sleepy Joe, go retire, Hunter knows where the money is buried , you will be fine on your bike .

Dag nab it i was a "dementia" short for a full house of Trump bingo.

Dag nab it i was a "dementia" short for a full house of Trump bingo.

How are you going to win swing states if you can't get in front of a crowd?

How are you going to win swing states if you can't get in front of a crowd?

You let Trump go out and say dumb stuff, he does all the work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Looks like Joe biden called it early today. Another day closer to retirement.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/24/joe-biden-campaign-retires-for-the-day-at-9-a-m-as-election-looms/

Biden is relying on the media and Bloomberg money to win. He cant seem to muster up the energy for a serious campaign based on his own merit.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/24/defeating-trump-is-too-important-to-leave-to-the-biden-campaign-we-can-help

Groups being formed to "convince " undecided voters to vote for Joe.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

People saying Biden can’t hack a campaign.

He’s been doing it for over a year ffs.

Faugheen wrote: »

I think the issue is no one is interested in his campaign...a much worse problem.

Faugheen wrote: »

Its all they have left, "dementia" didn't work, Biden blew that argument out of the water. Now they are trying a different tactic.

Grasping at the thinnest of straws at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Unemployment varies across the States...

https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

Guess what States the top ten worst unemployment rates have in common?

So are we now blaming the Democrats for unemployment also on top of coronavirus and everything else? If the Democrats at state level are to blame for everything what's the actual point of Trump at all. He seems utterly useless or is it just the classic Trumpist angle of give credit to Trump when things go right and deflect blame to the Dems when things go wrong.

Its all they have left, "dementia" didn't work, Biden blew that argument out of the water. Now they are trying a different tactic.

Indeed...

Nobody wants to hear Biden regardless of his age....nobody wants to see him...he might as well stay at home no one turns up where ever he goes.

You might see that as a positive....that is grasping at straws!!!!

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So are we now blaming the Democrats for unemployment also on top of coronavirus and everything else? If the Democrats at state level are to blame for everything what's the actual point of Trump at all. He seems utterly useless or is it just the classic Trumpist angle of give credit to Trump when things go right and deflect blame to the Dems when things go wrong.

Well, if you are going to blame Trump for the unemployment caused by lockdowns you'd better hope that there isn't an obvious trend in the State by State unemployment rate...unfortunately there is!!!

Indeed...

Nobody wants to hear Biden regardless of his age....nobody wants to see him...he might as well stay at home no one turns up where ever he goes.

You might see that as a positive....that is grasping at straws!!!!

And yet every poll has him leading Trump :confused:

Why wouldn't he stay at home? Trump is handing him the president every time he opens his mouth. Biden does need rest, it's gonna be a long four years cleaning up Trumps mess.

The best part is that the Trumpists are convinced that Biden will be a drooling demented mess at the debate on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to the talking points that they'll come up with on Wednesday morning.

The best part is that the Trumpists are convinced that Biden will be a drooling demented mess at the debate on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to the talking points that they'll come up with on Wednesday morning.

And we will see the usual zealots obediently posting doctored clips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

There won't be an auto cue screen to save Joe this time. *end quote*

And we will see the usual zealots obediently posting doctored clips.

Have you ever seen a video of Trump edited or doctored?

I hope you answer that question this time.

And here we go with the same old disproven talking points again. How embarrassing.

Have you ever seen a video of Trump edited or doctored?

I hope you answer that question this time.

No I haven't, I have watched his pressers and rallies live and seen many on here say

"Yeah, he said that, but he didn't mean what he said he actually meant.....(insert persons own thoughts)"

Have you seen any doctored video of him?

He was supposed to have been destroyed by Bernie Sanders in the Democratic debate. That didn't happen either. I'm guessing the talking points after the debate on Tuesday will consist of:

- he was on drugs,
    - Chris Wallace gave Biden the questions beforehand and/or asked him softball questions,
    - Chris Wallace has always disliked Trump and asked Trump harder questions,

Any other guesses?

• Advertisement

No I haven't, I have watched his pressers and rallies live and seen many on here say

"Yeah, he said that, but he didn't mean what he said he actually meant.....(insert persons own thoughts)"

Have you seen any doctored video of him?

Ya I already described one just a few posts ago...it was published in mainstream media around the world including here in The Journal, Irish Times and Irish Independent....funnily enough, Irish Examiner didn't touch it.

Do you think you might have seen one and not realized...it can happen to the best of us!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement